|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina packs _____________________, which are said to be scarce in America.
(b) colored threads.
(c) cheese knives.
(d) woolen garments.
2. After the flogging incident, Robert becomes a __________________.
3. On the way to Karishamn, Robert ____________________.
(a) meets a pretty girl.
(b) goes to church.
(c) is caught by his master.
(d) breaks his leg.
4. Previous kings punished any deviations from faith with __________________.
(d) financial punishment.
5. In what year does the ship carrying the immigrants sail for America?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is Robert living in Chapter 3?
2. What does Robert do after he is flogged?
3. What had happened at one time to the man in #45?
4. With whom does Robert share a room?
5. What is the relation of the man in #43 to Karl Oskar and Kristina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Captain Lorentz unhappy about peasant passengers?
2. How do Karl Oskar's beliefs differ from his father's?
3. How are Karl Oskar's troubles attributed to weather?
4. Why is the journey perceived as a morbid occasion by Karl Oskar and Kristina's parents?
5. How does Kristina think that all their troubles are Karl Oskar's fault because of her many pregnancies?
6. Why does Kristina question the trip to America?
7. How does Anna's death alter Kristina's view on going to America?
8. How does Karl Oskar meet his wife, Kristina?
9. What are the seven masters that rule the lives of men like Robert and Arvid?
10. What are the good and bad omens at the beginning of Karl Oskar and Kristina's trip?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)