|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had happened at one time to the man in #45?
(a) He awoke from being declared dead.
(b) He was admitted to an insane asylum.
(c) He served on the king's court.
(d) He walked on water.
2. The local dean fears that the price of _______________ will drop because Danjel is no longer making alcohol.
3. The passengers on the Charlotta are mostly _________________.
4. Who is the captain of the ship the immigrants take to America?
(a) Captain Abbott.
(b) Captain Nyberg.
(c) Captain Svenson.
(d) Captain Lorentz.
5. On the way to Karishamn, Robert ____________________.
(a) is caught by his master.
(b) breaks his leg.
(c) goes to church.
(d) meets a pretty girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes up the cause to stop Danjel from practicing his religion?
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Captain Lorentz?
3. After the flogging incident, Robert becomes a __________________.
4. What does Karl inherit with his land?
5. What do the immigrants most regret about going to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karl Oskar do after Robert returns home from Aron's punishment?
2. What is the vision that Danjel feels compelled to follow, and how is his wife conflicted by it?
3. Describe Karl Oskar's conflict with religion regarding his troubles.
4. What is the fate of Karl Oskar's children given their poverty?
5. Why is the journey perceived as a morbid occasion by Karl Oskar and Kristina's parents?
6. How does Karl Oskar meet his wife, Kristina?
7. Who is Danjel Andreasson, and what are his religious beliefs?
8. What is the name of the ship to carry the peasants and who is the captain?
9. How do Karl Oskar's beliefs differ from his father's?
10. What are the seven masters that rule the lives of men like Robert and Arvid?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)