|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of the stories told by the peasants include __________________.
2. Why does Karl have trouble walking on deck?
(a) He is seasick.
(b) His shoes are too big.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He has balance issues.
3. What reminds the peasants of what they have left behind?
(a) Swedish food.
(b) A Swedish ship returning to Sweden.
(c) Swedish songs.
(d) Stories about Sweden.
4. Who is the elderly man who dies on the trip?
(a) Erik Nilsson.
(b) Sven Andreasson.
(c) Lars Nyberg.
(d) Mans Jakob.
5. Who is the only person other than Ulrika of Vastergohl to avoid seasickness?
(a) Markus Svenson.
(b) Piers Vosberg.
(c) Robert Nilsa.
(d) Karl Oskar.
6. All immigrants risk everything they have in their determination to _____________________.
(a) get religious freedom.
(b) escape poverty.
(c) have an adventure.
(d) meet new people.
7. Whose funeral is held on the ship in Chapter 25?
(a) Inga Lena's.
(c) Karl Oskar's.
8. What is important to Karl Oskar as he disembarks?
(a) To find fresh water.
(b) To find something good to eat.
(c) To go to church.
(d) To make a good impression.
9. What was the profession of the man in #153?
10. After the storm, the ship reaches the ________________ coast in Chapter 19.
11. Who is the only person on board the ship who does not get body lice?
12. The peasants begin to think of Sweden as a cottage with steady walls _________________.
(a) with roses climbing up.
(b) and many windows.
(c) that reach to the sky.
(d) on a steady ground.
13. In reality, Frederik is not _____________________.
14. Towards the middle of their journey, the peasants become impatient with _______________.
(a) bad weather.
(d) bad food.
15. How old is Captain Lorentz?
Short Answer Questions
1. For the seamen, the disappearance of ________________ is a bad omen.
2. Which of the following is a food which the ship's passengers do NOT lack?
3. The peasants say they will always have warm feelings for _________________.
4. Frederik is fleeing Sweden because he got ______________ girls pregnant.
5. What is another name for the disease Kristina contracts?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)