|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The trip to America costs ________________ of the proceeds from the sale of Karl Oskar's farm.
2. Who is now Danjel's farmhand?
3. Who comes to Robert's defense after the flogging?
(d) Karl Oskar.
4. Kristina learns that ______________ migrants drowned on board the Betty Catharina.
5. Which of Karl Oskar and Kristina's children dies?
6. Who is the girl who Karl marries?
7. Previous kings punished any deviations from faith with __________________.
(a) financial punishment.
8. What had happened at one time to the man in #45?
(a) He was admitted to an insane asylum.
(b) He walked on water.
(c) He served on the king's court.
(d) He awoke from being declared dead.
9. Fredrik of Kvantorpet trades his master's _____________ for money that he keeps for himself.
10. Who agrees to accompany Karl Oskar and his family on their move?
11. What does the child in #65 eat that causes her death?
12. Who is Danjel's daughter?
13. The only escape for Robert and Arvid is in ______________________.
(d) Robert's book.
14. Which of the following is NOT included in the items Karl Oskar packs for the trip to America?
15. Why does Ulrika want to go to America?
(a) She wants to start a business in America.
(b) She regards Sweden as a hellhole.
(c) She wants to practice her religion freely.
(d) She wants to find an American husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karl Oskar decides to move to ______________.
2. Which of the following does Dean Brusander NOT warn Karl Oskar about regarding America?
3. On what day of the week do Karl Oskar and Kristina leave for America?
4. In what month do Karl Oskar and Kristina leave for America?
5. Who is the woman who seduces her master and becomes the richest woman in the area?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)