|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the flogging incident, Robert becomes a __________________.
2. The passengers on the Charlotta are mostly _________________.
3. Who is Arvid?
(a) Local farmer.
(b) Seed salesman.
(d) Town mayor.
4. Why does Ulrika want to go to America?
(a) She wants to start a business in America.
(b) She regards Sweden as a hellhole.
(c) She wants to practice her religion freely.
(d) She wants to find an American husband.
5. Neither Karl Oskar nor his children face _____________________.
(d) a better future.
6. Karl leaves home as a teenager and works as a _________________.
7. What does the child in #65 eat that causes her death?
8. Kristina learns that ______________ migrants drowned on board the Betty Catharina.
9. Kristina packs _____________________, which are said to be scarce in America.
(a) cheese knives.
(c) colored threads.
(d) woolen garments.
10. How can Karl Oskar's personality best be described?
11. Arvid becomes so despondent about his situation on the farm that he decides to ______________________.
(a) burn the farm.
(b) hang himself.
(c) kill the old mistress.
(d) shoot Aron.
12. On the way to Karishamn, Robert ____________________.
(a) is caught by his master.
(b) breaks his leg.
(c) meets a pretty girl.
(d) goes to church.
13. In what year does Karl Oskar inherit his land?
14. Danjel has a vision in which he sees Jesus Christ and ___________________.
(b) King Karl.
(c) St. Paul.
(d) Mother Mary.
15. Karl Oskar wants his children to be _________________________.
(a) more than farmhands.
(b) German citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the ship carrying the immigrants sail for America?
2. How early does Robert rise every morning to get to work?
3. What is Robert's punishment for being late?
4. Fredrik of Kvantorpet trades his master's _____________ for money that he keeps for himself.
5. The drought makes people think that it ___________________.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)