|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Another Three Shovefuls Of Earth From Sweden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arvid becomes so despondent about his situation on the farm that he decides to ______________________.
(a) shoot Aron.
(b) burn the farm.
(c) hang himself.
(d) kill the old mistress.
2. Why does Captain Lorentz feel sorry for Karl Oskar?
(a) He knows his children have disappointed him.
(b) He knows he doesn't have any money.
(c) He thinks he is too ill to start a new life.
(d) He thinks Kristina will die.
3. Karl learns that the most fertile land in America is in which state?
4. Why can Arvid not travel to America?
(a) He is afraid of boats.
(b) He cannot raise the money.
(c) He is afraid of Indians.
(d) He won't leave his mother.
5. How do the passengers pass their time on the ship?
(a) Telling tales.
(c) Playing board games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederik is fleeing Sweden because he got ______________ girls pregnant.
2. What faith is Danjel practicing?
3. What do the passengers seem to miss on their journey?
4. On the way to Karishamn, Robert ____________________.
5. What do the peasants find to be insufficient on board the ship?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)