|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, All Gates Open To America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Karl's second child?
2. How early does Robert rise every morning to get to work?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
3. What does Karl inherit with his land?
(a) A dairy.
(b) A brewery.
(c) A coal mine.
(d) A huge debt.
4. What does Robert do after he is flogged?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Kills Aron.
5. Robert wonders about the records about him in _____________________.
(a) city hall.
(b) the sheriff's office.
(c) the school.
(d) the church book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month do Karl Oskar and Kristina leave for America?
2. Kristina thinks that _____________________ would make it easier to cope with finances.
3. Karl leaves home as a teenager and works as a _________________.
4. Previous kings punished any deviations from faith with __________________.
5. Karl Oskar's father describes their departure as _____________________.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)