|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the proprietress' pains been afflicting her?
2. What does Cephelo demand for his aid?
3. Who did Wil run into on the way back to the Caravan?
4. What does Wisp consider a game?
5. What does four bell tolls mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Amberle ask Wil to make to her?
2. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
3. What had Hebel tried to make clear?
4. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
5. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
6. What does Allanon find strange?
7. What does Eretria do that Wil or Amberle didn't expect?
8. Why was Pindanon mad at Ander?
9. What tactic works best at getting Wisp to reveal information?
10. Why was Flyn so upset and distraught? How did Ander approach the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cephelo's way of life and his band of Rovers. Are the Rovers like any other group of people? How or why not? What makes Rovers a different breed of people? What might have occurred if Cephelo wasn't killed by the Reaper?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Changeling being present in the most secret of meetings between the King, Allanon, Wil and Amberle. How did this affect the outcome of the story? What might have happened if they would have dismissed Manx from the room, being unsure if he could be trusted following the release of certain demons?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)