|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chamber behind the 'door made of glass that cannot break' is empty, but who feels a presence?
2. Why wouldn't Cephelo have known that Eretria left?
3. What was the next question asked of Wisp?
4. Why weren't there markers left at Arion's grave?
5. What race/group joins the elves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Rybeck the example of how a Free Corps soldier should die?
2. What does Allanon find strange?
3. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
4. Why didn't Eretria have to go with Wil anymore?
5. How will the army divide and why?
6. What information does Wisp reveal while the group is incarcerated?
7. What had happened to Allanon?
8. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
9. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
10. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly, this book discusses financial transactions over human lives in the sale of Eretria. How does this make you feel? Why is that? Do you think Eretria would have had a better life with her father than with the Rovers? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hebel's motivations for joining the young Elven people in their quest. Do you think it was more than curiosity and a desire to see things in the world that drove him to his decision? Why or why not? What leads you to believe this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Wilderun, in particular the town of Grimpen Ward. What characteristics allow the town to continue being a haven for those of criminal intent? What would have to be done in order to clean up that area and make it habitable for law abiding citizens?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)