|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the sisters hate each other?
2. What do the Free Corps call their commander?
3. Who was lost to Ander?
4. What other life form did Wil notice was absent from the forest?
5. What kinds of creature(s) lurched out of the broken Forbidding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
2. Why did Amberle express anger towards the decision making of Wil?
3. What had Hebel tried to make clear?
4. How was Rybeck the example of how a Free Corps soldier should die?
5. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
6. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
7. What had happened to Allanon?
8. Why was Flyn so upset and distraught? How did Ander approach the situation?
9. What does Allanon find strange?
10. What information does Wisp reveal while the group is incarcerated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wil's inconsistent ability to control the Elfstones. Why was this a reflection upon himself? How was Allanon correct in that it really depended in the strength of the person wielding the stones as to the outcome of their power?
Essay Topic 3
Although Amberle initially is mad at Allanon and Wil for bringing her back to Arborlon, she makes a supreme sacrifice by becoming the very thing she was afraid of. Why was she afraid of the Ellcrys? What dispelled this fear? Would this fear be likely to occur again if Amberle-Ellcrys were to require a Chosen protege? Why or why not?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)