|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amberle recognize?
2. What lie did Wil tell Cephelo?
3. The chamber behind the 'door made of glass that cannot break' is empty, but who feels a presence?
4. Why couldn't Allanon have told Amberle?
5. Where had Wil found the Elfstones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tactic works best at getting Wisp to reveal information?
2. How will the army divide and why?
3. Why didn't Allanon tell Ander that he was to be the next King of the Elves?
4. What kind of enchantment did Wil and Eretria witness?
5. Why didn't Eretria have to go with Wil anymore?
6. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
7. Why had Amberle become scared?
8. How was Rybeck the example of how a Free Corps soldier should die?
9. What does Eretria do that Wil or Amberle didn't expect?
10. What was Hebel's reason for joining the mission into the Hollows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Ellcrys' sentience. How do you think humanity would react if we found a sentient plant form? Do you think human nature would change? Why or why not? What would people be likely to do if they encountered a sentient being like the Ellcrys? What leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Changeling being present in the most secret of meetings between the King, Allanon, Wil and Amberle. How did this affect the outcome of the story? What might have happened if they would have dismissed Manx from the room, being unsure if he could be trusted following the release of certain demons?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elven way of life as the ideal platform for the human way of life. How would things have to change in outlook for this way of life to actually take place? Do you think it is likely to occur? Why or why not?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)