|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wil and his party escape?
2. Why didn't the Ellcrys call Amberle?
3. Who was lost to Ander?
4. Where had Wil found the Elfstones?
5. What did Hebel give Mallenroh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will the army divide and why?
2. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
3. Why was Flyn so upset and distraught? How did Ander approach the situation?
4. What made Amberle so fearful of the gifts the Ellcrys bestowed upon her?
5. Why didn't Allanon tell Ander that he was to be the next King of the Elves?
6. What did Amberle realize, while in the Bloodfire?
7. How did the Demons react to Eventine's fall? How did Ander react?
8. Why did Amberle express anger towards the decision making of Wil?
9. Why didn't Eretria have to go with Wil anymore?
10. How was Rybeck the example of how a Free Corps soldier should die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Ellcrys' sentience. How do you think humanity would react if we found a sentient plant form? Do you think human nature would change? Why or why not? What would people be likely to do if they encountered a sentient being like the Ellcrys? What leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Although Amberle initially is mad at Allanon and Wil for bringing her back to Arborlon, she makes a supreme sacrifice by becoming the very thing she was afraid of. Why was she afraid of the Ellcrys? What dispelled this fear? Would this fear be likely to occur again if Amberle-Ellcrys were to require a Chosen protege? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the proprietress' delight at the relief of her pain, even temporary. Is her reaction understandable, or a product of a fantastic mind? How? What leads you to this conclusion?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)