|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the village called that the Free Corps fought in that earned their commander his nickname?
2. What was the last thing Ander saw?
3. What does Wisp call Eretria?
4. What did Amberle recognize?
5. How does Wil and his party escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allanon find strange?
2. What tactic works best at getting Wisp to reveal information?
3. How will the army divide and why?
4. Why had Amberle become scared?
5. What information does Wisp reveal while the group is incarcerated?
6. How did the Demons react to Eventine's fall? How did Ander react?
7. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
8. What kind of enchantment did Wil and Eretria witness?
9. In what ways did Emer Chios' words hold weight?
10. Why was Pindanon mad at Ander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cephelo's lack of belief when it came to who or what could wield the Elfstones. Why do you think this is? How might he have saved himself the trouble of stealing them if he had simply listened to the young elves in their affirmation of the truth?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wil's inconsistent ability to control the Elfstones. Why was this a reflection upon himself? How was Allanon correct in that it really depended in the strength of the person wielding the stones as to the outcome of their power?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hebel's life in the wilderness. Why did he like being there? Do you think he would be happy in a city like Arborlon? Why or why not? What information leads you to believe this?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)