|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Risking even ______, Eretria begs to go with Wil.
2. What was the last thing Ander saw?
3. How does Wil and his party escape?
4. What caused the Reaper to hesitate?
5. Why couldn't Allanon have told Amberle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Amberle ask Wil to make to her?
2. Why didn't Allanon tell Ander that he was to be the next King of the Elves?
3. What is the riddle through the glass door that does not break and where is the bloodfire?
4. What was Hebel's reason for joining the mission into the Hollows?
5. What information does Wisp reveal while the group is incarcerated?
6. What tactic works best at getting Wisp to reveal information?
7. Why had Amberle become scared?
8. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
9. What made Amberle so fearful of the gifts the Ellcrys bestowed upon her?
10. What does Allanon find strange?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the proprietress' delight at the relief of her pain, even temporary. Is her reaction understandable, or a product of a fantastic mind? How? What leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Eventine's relationship with his two sons. How did this relationship alter when he sent Arion away and Ander was faced with dealing with the crisis of the Ellcrys? What evidence can you provide to support your theory?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hebel's motivations for joining the young Elven people in their quest. Do you think it was more than curiosity and a desire to see things in the world that drove him to his decision? Why or why not? What leads you to believe this?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)