|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last remnant of the Reaper?
2. What did Amberle recognize?
3. Where had Wil found the Elfstones?
4. What else did the innkeeper offer Wil and Amberle?
5. Who had found Wil and Amberle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Amberle become scared?
2. Why didn't Allanon tell Ander that he was to be the next King of the Elves?
3. How did the Demons react to Eventine's fall? How did Ander react?
4. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
5. Why did Amberle express anger towards the decision making of Wil?
6. What was Hebel's reason for joining the mission into the Hollows?
7. What does Eretria do that Wil or Amberle didn't expect?
8. What did Amberle realize, while in the Bloodfire?
9. Why was Pindanon mad at Ander?
10. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elven way of life as the ideal platform for the human way of life. How would things have to change in outlook for this way of life to actually take place? Do you think it is likely to occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wil's inconsistent ability to control the Elfstones. Why was this a reflection upon himself? How was Allanon correct in that it really depended in the strength of the person wielding the stones as to the outcome of their power?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast this book to another epic fantasy. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? Do you think similarities were intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)