|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things had Mallenroh not seized from the party?
2. What was the last thing Ander saw?
3. The chamber behind the 'door made of glass that cannot break' is empty, but who feels a presence?
4. Where had Wil found the Elfstones?
5. How many came?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Amberle become scared?
2. What information does Wisp reveal while the group is incarcerated?
3. How did the Demons react to Eventine's fall? How did Ander react?
4. Why was Pindanon mad at Ander?
5. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
6. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
7. What does Eretria do that Wil or Amberle didn't expect?
8. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
9. In what ways did Emer Chios' words hold weight?
10. How did Eretria know how to find Wil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cephelo's way of life and his band of Rovers. Are the Rovers like any other group of people? How or why not? What makes Rovers a different breed of people? What might have occurred if Cephelo wasn't killed by the Reaper?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the proprietress' delight at the relief of her pain, even temporary. Is her reaction understandable, or a product of a fantastic mind? How? What leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast this book to another epic fantasy. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? Do you think similarities were intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)