|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hebel give Mallenroh?
2. What did the King see in Manx's eyes?
3. Why does Allanon think that Amberle is still alive?
4. What did Wil realize about Amberle?
5. What had there been in the beginning between Amberle and the Ellcrys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the riddle through the glass door that does not break and where is the bloodfire?
2. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
3. How did Eretria know how to find Wil?
4. What was Hebel's reason for joining the mission into the Hollows?
5. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
6. Why had Amberle become scared?
7. What tactic works best at getting Wisp to reveal information?
8. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
9. What information does Wisp reveal while the group is incarcerated?
10. What promise does Amberle ask Wil to make to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ander's rise to King. How did he react to the initial idea that he would be required to become the leader of his people? Do you think this reaction was appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Stor's only accepting Gnomes to be healers. How does this effectively limit the applicants to strictly gnomes and therefore create a stagnation of talent and abilities? Refute or support that statement using three sources not including the Elfstones of Shannara.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the King of the Silver River. What was it likely this character was? How do you know this? How might Amberle and Wil have been lost if not for the intervention of the King of the Silver River? Explain your answer.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)