|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else did the innkeeper offer Wil and Amberle?
2. Where lies Safehold?
3. What color was the root that Wil chewed?
4. What had there been in the beginning between Amberle and the Ellcrys?
5. What did Ander believe was fortunate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Eretria have to go with Wil anymore?
2. What made Amberle so fearful of the gifts the Ellcrys bestowed upon her?
3. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
4. What had Hebel tried to make clear?
5. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
6. Why was Pindanon mad at Ander?
7. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
8. Why did Amberle express anger towards the decision making of Wil?
9. How did the Demons react to Eventine's fall? How did Ander react?
10. How will the army divide and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eventine's relationship with his two sons. How did this relationship alter when he sent Arion away and Ander was faced with dealing with the crisis of the Ellcrys? What evidence can you provide to support your theory?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the King of the Silver River. What was it likely this character was? How do you know this? How might Amberle and Wil have been lost if not for the intervention of the King of the Silver River? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hebel's motivations for joining the young Elven people in their quest. Do you think it was more than curiosity and a desire to see things in the world that drove him to his decision? Why or why not? What leads you to believe this?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)