|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wisp ask of Eretria?
2. What would Flick like to know about Allanon?
3. What does Wisp consider a game?
4. Why weren't the Elven lines holding?
5. Why does Allanon think that Amberle is still alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the riddle through the glass door that does not break and where is the bloodfire?
2. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
3. What does Allanon find strange?
4. What had Hebel tried to make clear?
5. How did the Demons react to Eventine's fall? How did Ander react?
6. What made Amberle so fearful of the gifts the Ellcrys bestowed upon her?
7. Why had Amberle become scared?
8. How will the army divide and why?
9. What tactic works best at getting Wisp to reveal information?
10. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Cephelo's lack of belief when it came to who or what could wield the Elfstones. Why do you think this is? How might he have saved himself the trouble of stealing them if he had simply listened to the young elves in their affirmation of the truth?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hebel's life in the wilderness. Why did he like being there? Do you think he would be happy in a city like Arborlon? Why or why not? What information leads you to believe this?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)