|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been the favorite weapon of Dardan?
2. What things had Mallenroh not seized from the party?
3. What had the Ellcrys done with Amberle that had not happened with anyone else?
4. What else did the innkeeper offer Wil and Amberle?
5. The chamber behind the 'door made of glass that cannot break' is empty, but who feels a presence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
2. What kind of enchantment did Wil and Eretria witness?
3. What had happened to Allanon?
4. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
5. Why was Flyn so upset and distraught? How did Ander approach the situation?
6. Why didn't Eretria have to go with Wil anymore?
7. What was Hebel's reason for joining the mission into the Hollows?
8. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
9. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
10. How did the Demons react to Eventine's fall? How did Ander react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Amberle initially is mad at Allanon and Wil for bringing her back to Arborlon, she makes a supreme sacrifice by becoming the very thing she was afraid of. Why was she afraid of the Ellcrys? What dispelled this fear? Would this fear be likely to occur again if Amberle-Ellcrys were to require a Chosen protege? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Wilderun, in particular the town of Grimpen Ward. What characteristics allow the town to continue being a haven for those of criminal intent? What would have to be done in order to clean up that area and make it habitable for law abiding citizens?
Essay Topic 3
Briefly, this book discusses financial transactions over human lives in the sale of Eretria. How does this make you feel? Why is that? Do you think Eretria would have had a better life with her father than with the Rovers? Why or why not?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)