|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally took down the King?
2. What had the Ellcrys done with Amberle that had not happened with anyone else?
3. What things had Mallenroh not seized from the party?
4. What did Wil realize about Amberle?
5. How does Wil and his party escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Amberle express anger towards the decision making of Wil?
2. What did Amberle realize, while in the Bloodfire?
3. What had happened to Allanon?
4. What is the riddle through the glass door that does not break and where is the bloodfire?
5. In what ways did Emer Chios' words hold weight?
6. What kind of enchantment did Wil and Eretria witness?
7. What does Allanon find strange?
8. How did Eretria know how to find Wil?
9. Why didn't Allanon tell Ander that he was to be the next King of the Elves?
10. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cephelo's lack of belief when it came to who or what could wield the Elfstones. Why do you think this is? How might he have saved himself the trouble of stealing them if he had simply listened to the young elves in their affirmation of the truth?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Reapers mistake when it killed the band of Rovers. Do you think it was an honest mistake or killing for the joy of killing? How was the death of the Rovers what gave Wil and Amberle time to make it into the Hollows? What might have happened otherwise? Support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Wilderun, in particular the town of Grimpen Ward. What characteristics allow the town to continue being a haven for those of criminal intent? What would have to be done in order to clean up that area and make it habitable for law abiding citizens?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)