|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why weren't the Elven lines holding?
2. What weapon took down Eventine?
3. What had caused Wil injury?
4. What was the last remnant of the Reaper?
5. What did Amberle recognize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
2. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
3. What made Amberle so fearful of the gifts the Ellcrys bestowed upon her?
4. How was Rybeck the example of how a Free Corps soldier should die?
5. Why had Amberle become scared?
6. What had Hebel tried to make clear?
7. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
8. What does Allanon find strange?
9. Why did Amberle express anger towards the decision making of Wil?
10. What was Hebel's reason for joining the mission into the Hollows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hebel's life in the wilderness. Why did he like being there? Do you think he would be happy in a city like Arborlon? Why or why not? What information leads you to believe this?
Essay Topic 2
Although Amberle initially is mad at Allanon and Wil for bringing her back to Arborlon, she makes a supreme sacrifice by becoming the very thing she was afraid of. Why was she afraid of the Ellcrys? What dispelled this fear? Would this fear be likely to occur again if Amberle-Ellcrys were to require a Chosen protege? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Stor's only accepting Gnomes to be healers. How does this effectively limit the applicants to strictly gnomes and therefore create a stagnation of talent and abilities? Refute or support that statement using three sources not including the Elfstones of Shannara.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)