|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened while Wil and Amberle slept?
2. What race/group joins the elves?
3. Risking even ______, Eretria begs to go with Wil.
4. What would Flick like to know about Allanon?
5. What did Wil tell the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
2. What did Amberle realize, while in the Bloodfire?
3. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
4. What does Eretria do that Wil or Amberle didn't expect?
5. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
6. How did the Demons react to Eventine's fall? How did Ander react?
7. Why didn't Allanon tell Ander that he was to be the next King of the Elves?
8. How will the army divide and why?
9. What had happened to Allanon?
10. Why was Pindanon mad at Ander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
Essay Topic 2
Briefly, this book discusses financial transactions over human lives in the sale of Eretria. How does this make you feel? Why is that? Do you think Eretria would have had a better life with her father than with the Rovers? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wil's inconsistent ability to control the Elfstones. Why was this a reflection upon himself? How was Allanon correct in that it really depended in the strength of the person wielding the stones as to the outcome of their power?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)