|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a sadness fill Allanon?
2. What does he settle for instead of what he had previously decided upon asking for?
3. Why did the sisters hate each other?
4. What did the old man on the mountain encounter that prevented him from going after Wil and Amberle?
5. What did Amberle notices while she was crawling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
2. Why did Amberle express anger towards the decision making of Wil?
3. What does Eretria do that Wil or Amberle didn't expect?
4. Why didn't Allanon tell Amberle what her destiny was?
5. How was Rybeck the example of how a Free Corps soldier should die?
6. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
7. Why was Pindanon mad at Ander?
8. What promise does Amberle ask Wil to make to her?
9. How did Eretria know how to find Wil?
10. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Demon hierarchy. Why wasn't it thrown into shambles following the death of Dagda Mor? What does this explain about the Demons in general? How does this add to their weakness overall?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Reapers mistake when it killed the band of Rovers. Do you think it was an honest mistake or killing for the joy of killing? How was the death of the Rovers what gave Wil and Amberle time to make it into the Hollows? What might have happened otherwise? Support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hebel's life in the wilderness. Why did he like being there? Do you think he would be happy in a city like Arborlon? Why or why not? What information leads you to believe this?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)