Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Allanon say that it would take for Amberle to go in front of the Ellcrys?
2. Who was the Demon?
3. Who was the first of the group of Elves to disappear and die?
4. What sound was made from around the group of Rovers?
5. What was the name of the King's First Minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wil not bring Eretria with him?
2. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
3. What was Amberle's argument as to why she couldn't return back to Arborlon?
4. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
5. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
6. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
7. What is the riddle through the glass door that does not break and where is the bloodfire?
8. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
9. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
10. What had happened to the Reaper?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cephelo's way of life and his band of Rovers. Are the Rovers like any other group of people? How or why not? What makes Rovers a different breed of people? What might have occurred if Cephelo wasn't killed by the Reaper?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ander's rise to King. How did he react to the initial idea that he would be required to become the leader of his people? Do you think this reaction was appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wil's inconsistent ability to control the Elfstones. Why was this a reflection upon himself? How was Allanon correct in that it really depended in the strength of the person wielding the stones as to the outcome of their power?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)