|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the Ellcrys seed?
2. What caused Wil to feel admiration for Amberle?
3. What did Eretria demand of Wil in return for helping him take back his horse?
4. What would weaken every day?
5. What characteristic did the elven girl not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one of the few things that Amberle spoke about without hesitation?
2. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
3. Why did Lauren recommend Amberle to talk with Ellcrys?
4. Why were both the King and the Prince shocked at what Allanon held?
5. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
6. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
7. What was Amberle's argument as to why she couldn't return back to Arborlon?
8. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
9. What offended Wil regarding Amberle?
10. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hebel's motivations for joining the young Elven people in their quest. Do you think it was more than curiosity and a desire to see things in the world that drove him to his decision? Why or why not? What leads you to believe this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the King of the Silver River. What was it likely this character was? How do you know this? How might Amberle and Wil have been lost if not for the intervention of the King of the Silver River? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Eventine's relationship with his two sons. How did this relationship alter when he sent Arion away and Ander was faced with dealing with the crisis of the Ellcrys? What evidence can you provide to support your theory?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)