|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the seed of the Ellcrys be bathed in?
2. Where did Wil and Amberle sleep the first night?
3. Who went out of their way to include Ander?
4. What did Wil find when he had turned to talk to Amberle?
5. How big was the Demon and how did it walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the biggest problem following the death of the Chosen?
2. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
3. What had happened to the Reaper?
4. What did Wil know about when he handed over his clothes, and why wasn't he perturbed about it?
5. In what ways did the Elven boy help Wil and Amberle?
6. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
7. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
8. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
9. What had Brona done?
10. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Demon hierarchy. Why wasn't it thrown into shambles following the death of Dagda Mor? What does this explain about the Demons in general? How does this add to their weakness overall?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elven way of life as the ideal platform for the human way of life. How would things have to change in outlook for this way of life to actually take place? Do you think it is likely to occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the proprietress' delight at the relief of her pain, even temporary. Is her reaction understandable, or a product of a fantastic mind? How? What leads you to this conclusion?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)