|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did Wil make to Amberle?
2. Why did Wil's heart sink?
3. What did Wil know something of according to the Rovers?
4. Who did Lauren recommend to talk to the Ellcrys?
5. How much Elf was Wil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
2. Why was Flick distressed at the distance separating him from Wil?
3. What did Wil do that he was not supposed to have done?
4. What sensation does Wil get within his dreams that makes him uncomfortable?
5. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
6. What does the beautiful Rover, Eretria want with Wil?
7. What were the Brakes?
8. Who was waiting for Allanon when he came out of Paranor, and who was with him?
9. What was strange regarding the behavior of Wil and Amberle upon the meeting of the wizened man?
10. What situations were wrong when Ander went to see the Chosen in the morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast this book to another epic fantasy. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? Do you think similarities were intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hebel's motivations for joining the young Elven people in their quest. Do you think it was more than curiosity and a desire to see things in the world that drove him to his decision? Why or why not? What leads you to believe this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Wilderun, in particular the town of Grimpen Ward. What characteristics allow the town to continue being a haven for those of criminal intent? What would have to be done in order to clean up that area and make it habitable for law abiding citizens?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)