Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Allanon say that it would take for Amberle to go in front of the Ellcrys?
2. Who was the Demon?
3. Who was the first of the group of Elves to disappear and die?
4. What sound was made from around the group of Rovers?
5. What was the name of the King's First Minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wil not bring Eretria with him?
2. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
3. What was Amberle's argument as to why she couldn't return back to Arborlon?
4. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
5. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
6. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
7. What is the riddle through the glass door that does not break and where is the bloodfire?
8. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
9. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
10. What had happened to the Reaper?
Essay Topic 1
Although Amberle initially is mad at Allanon and Wil for bringing her back to Arborlon, she makes a supreme sacrifice by becoming the very thing she was afraid of. Why was she afraid of the Ellcrys? What dispelled this fear? Would this fear be likely to occur again if Amberle-Ellcrys were to require a Chosen protege? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Demon hierarchy. Why wasn't it thrown into shambles following the death of Dagda Mor? What does this explain about the Demons in general? How does this add to their weakness overall?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)