|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the demon sent after the druid?
2. How big was the Demon and how did it walk?
3. Why weren't Wil and Allanon invited in?
4. Why can't Allanon come with Wil?
5. How much Elf was Wil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reason for the block when Wil attempted to use the stones?
2. What had happened to the Reaper?
3. How was Eretria no more Cephelo's daughter than Amberle was Wil's sister?
4. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
5. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
6. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
7. What situations were wrong when Ander went to see the Chosen in the morning?
8. What is the one thing that could continue the Forbidding?
9. What does the beautiful Rover, Eretria want with Wil?
10. What was the biggest problem following the death of the Chosen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Reapers mistake when it killed the band of Rovers. Do you think it was an honest mistake or killing for the joy of killing? How was the death of the Rovers what gave Wil and Amberle time to make it into the Hollows? What might have happened otherwise? Support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Demon hierarchy. Why wasn't it thrown into shambles following the death of Dagda Mor? What does this explain about the Demons in general? How does this add to their weakness overall?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Stor's only accepting Gnomes to be healers. How does this effectively limit the applicants to strictly gnomes and therefore create a stagnation of talent and abilities? Refute or support that statement using three sources not including the Elfstones of Shannara.
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)