|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the old line Trapper headed?
2. What does Amberle teach the children?
3. What did Manx do when Wil attempted to pet him?
4. What had Wil been doing?
5. What was the name of the boy that Wil opened his eyes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
2. What was one of the few things that Amberle spoke about without hesitation?
3. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
4. What hesitance does Wil have as he rides out with Allanon?
5. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
6. What conclusion did Amberle and Wil both share following the demon trap at Drey Wood?
7. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
8. What had Brona done?
9. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
10. What was the biggest problem following the death of the Chosen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Wilderun, in particular the town of Grimpen Ward. What characteristics allow the town to continue being a haven for those of criminal intent? What would have to be done in order to clean up that area and make it habitable for law abiding citizens?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the King of the Silver River. What was it likely this character was? How do you know this? How might Amberle and Wil have been lost if not for the intervention of the King of the Silver River? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Changeling being present in the most secret of meetings between the King, Allanon, Wil and Amberle. How did this affect the outcome of the story? What might have happened if they would have dismissed Manx from the room, being unsure if he could be trusted following the release of certain demons?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)