|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Cephelo and his group keep on the move?
2. How did the tree acknowledge Amberle's presence?
3. How much Elf was Wil?
4. How were people Chosen?
5. What was the King's final decision regarding Amberle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Brona done?
2. Why did Lauren recommend Amberle to talk with Ellcrys?
3. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
4. What had happened to the Reaper?
5. Why did Wil not bring Eretria with him?
6. What was strange regarding the behavior of Wil and Amberle upon the meeting of the wizened man?
7. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
8. What sensation does Wil get within his dreams that makes him uncomfortable?
9. What does the beautiful Rover, Eretria want with Wil?
10. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Wil's inconsistent ability to control the Elfstones. Why was this a reflection upon himself? How was Allanon correct in that it really depended in the strength of the person wielding the stones as to the outcome of their power?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Changeling being present in the most secret of meetings between the King, Allanon, Wil and Amberle. How did this affect the outcome of the story? What might have happened if they would have dismissed Manx from the room, being unsure if he could be trusted following the release of certain demons?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Cephelo's lack of belief when it came to who or what could wield the Elfstones. Why do you think this is? How might he have saved himself the trouble of stealing them if he had simply listened to the young elves in their affirmation of the truth?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)