Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Allanon say that it would take for Amberle to go in front of the Ellcrys?
2. Who was the Demon?
3. Who was the first of the group of Elves to disappear and die?
4. What sound was made from around the group of Rovers?
5. What was the name of the King's First Minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wil not bring Eretria with him?
2. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
3. What was Amberle's argument as to why she couldn't return back to Arborlon?
4. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
5. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
6. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
7. What is the riddle through the glass door that does not break and where is the bloodfire?
8. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
9. Why had the old man come to live in the wilderness of the Wilderun?
10. What had happened to the Reaper?
Discuss the Stor's only accepting Gnomes to be healers. How does this effectively limit the applicants to strictly gnomes and therefore create a stagnation of talent and abilities? Refute or support that statement using three sources not including the Elfstones of Shannara.
Discuss Cephelo's way of life and his band of Rovers. Are the Rovers like any other group of people? How or why not? What makes Rovers a different breed of people? What might have occurred if Cephelo wasn't killed by the Reaper?
Discuss the King of the Silver River. What was it likely this character was? How do you know this? How might Amberle and Wil have been lost if not for the intervention of the King of the Silver River? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)