|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Demon's plan for the night?
2. What must the seed of the Ellcrys be bathed in?
3. What race was likely to come in the defense of the Elves?
4. What had Eventine never revealed to Ander?
5. What characteristic did the elven girl not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one of the few things that Amberle spoke about without hesitation?
2. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
3. What was the biggest problem following the death of the Chosen?
4. What does the beautiful Rover, Eretria want with Wil?
5. What hesitance does Wil have as he rides out with Allanon?
6. How was Eretria no more Cephelo's daughter than Amberle was Wil's sister?
7. Why were both the King and the Prince shocked at what Allanon held?
8. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
9. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
10. What had Brona done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast this book to another epic fantasy. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? Do you think similarities were intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elven way of life as the ideal platform for the human way of life. How would things have to change in outlook for this way of life to actually take place? Do you think it is likely to occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the proprietress' delight at the relief of her pain, even temporary. Is her reaction understandable, or a product of a fantastic mind? How? What leads you to this conclusion?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)