|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Allanon come with Wil?
2. How did the tree acknowledge Amberle's presence?
3. Who had taught Wil to read signs?
4. What had Shea told Wil regarding Allanon?
5. What did the Elven boy give Wil and Amberle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had happened to the Reaper?
2. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
3. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
4. Why did Wil not bring Eretria with him?
5. Why was Flick distressed at the distance separating him from Wil?
6. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
7. What sensation does Wil get within his dreams that makes him uncomfortable?
8. What offended Wil regarding Amberle?
9. What were the Brakes?
10. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Stor's only accepting Gnomes to be healers. How does this effectively limit the applicants to strictly gnomes and therefore create a stagnation of talent and abilities? Refute or support that statement using three sources not including the Elfstones of Shannara.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wil's inconsistent ability to control the Elfstones. Why was this a reflection upon himself? How was Allanon correct in that it really depended in the strength of the person wielding the stones as to the outcome of their power?
Essay Topic 3
Briefly, this book discusses financial transactions over human lives in the sale of Eretria. How does this make you feel? Why is that? Do you think Eretria would have had a better life with her father than with the Rovers? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)