|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the Druid told Amberle to do?
2. Where was the old line Trapper headed?
3. Who does Allanon feel might be the spy?
4. What did Manx do when Wil attempted to pet him?
5. What did Wil and Amberle discover about one another?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were both the King and the Prince shocked at what Allanon held?
2. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
3. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
4. Why was Flick distressed at the distance separating him from Wil?
5. What is the one thing that could continue the Forbidding?
6. What was Amberle's argument as to why she couldn't return back to Arborlon?
7. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
8. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
9. How was Eretria no more Cephelo's daughter than Amberle was Wil's sister?
10. What were the Brakes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Stor's only accepting Gnomes to be healers. How does this effectively limit the applicants to strictly gnomes and therefore create a stagnation of talent and abilities? Refute or support that statement using three sources not including the Elfstones of Shannara.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Cephelo's way of life and his band of Rovers. Are the Rovers like any other group of people? How or why not? What makes Rovers a different breed of people? What might have occurred if Cephelo wasn't killed by the Reaper?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)