|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Wil feel about what Allanon said about him?
2. Why must Cephelo and his group keep on the move?
3. Who went out of their way to include Ander?
4. What did the cottage look like?
5. What kind of demon kills out of sheer instinct?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
2. What conclusion did Amberle and Wil both share following the demon trap at Drey Wood?
3. In what ways did the Elven boy help Wil and Amberle?
4. What does the beautiful Rover, Eretria want with Wil?
5. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
6. How was Eretria no more Cephelo's daughter than Amberle was Wil's sister?
7. Why did Wil not bring Eretria with him?
8. What was one of the few things that Amberle spoke about without hesitation?
9. What offended Wil regarding Amberle?
10. What did Wil do that he was not supposed to have done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Wilderun, in particular the town of Grimpen Ward. What characteristics allow the town to continue being a haven for those of criminal intent? What would have to be done in order to clean up that area and make it habitable for law abiding citizens?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Changeling being present in the most secret of meetings between the King, Allanon, Wil and Amberle. How did this affect the outcome of the story? What might have happened if they would have dismissed Manx from the room, being unsure if he could be trusted following the release of certain demons?
Essay Topic 3
Although Amberle initially is mad at Allanon and Wil for bringing her back to Arborlon, she makes a supreme sacrifice by becoming the very thing she was afraid of. Why was she afraid of the Ellcrys? What dispelled this fear? Would this fear be likely to occur again if Amberle-Ellcrys were to require a Chosen protege? Why or why not?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)