|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the preservation of the land to the elven people?
2. What was not like Went?
3. Who or what was Genewen?
4. Who went out of their way to include Ander?
5. How long would it take the two travelers to reach the Valley of Rhenn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lauren recommend Amberle to talk with Ellcrys?
2. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
3. Who was waiting for Allanon when he came out of Paranor, and who was with him?
4. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
5. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
6. What were the Brakes?
7. In what ways did the Elven boy help Wil and Amberle?
8. What is the one thing that could continue the Forbidding?
9. How was Eretria no more Cephelo's daughter than Amberle was Wil's sister?
10. What did Wil do that he was not supposed to have done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Demon hierarchy. Why wasn't it thrown into shambles following the death of Dagda Mor? What does this explain about the Demons in general? How does this add to their weakness overall?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Reapers mistake when it killed the band of Rovers. Do you think it was an honest mistake or killing for the joy of killing? How was the death of the Rovers what gave Wil and Amberle time to make it into the Hollows? What might have happened otherwise? Support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ander's rise to King. How did he react to the initial idea that he would be required to become the leader of his people? Do you think this reaction was appropriate? Why or why not?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)