|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Wil to feel admiration for Amberle?
2. What race was likely to come in the defense of the Elves?
3. How much Elf was Wil?
4. What did the wizened old man call the two humanoids?
5. What brought Flick to Storlock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
2. Why was Flick distressed at the distance separating him from Wil?
3. Why did Wil not bring Eretria with him?
4. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
5. What strange thing happened to Wil?
6. What had happened to the Reaper?
7. What promise does Amberle ask Wil to make to her?
8. How was Eretria no more Cephelo's daughter than Amberle was Wil's sister?
9. What did Wil know about when he handed over his clothes, and why wasn't he perturbed about it?
10. In what ways did Emer Chios' words hold weight?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Changeling being present in the most secret of meetings between the King, Allanon, Wil and Amberle. How did this affect the outcome of the story? What might have happened if they would have dismissed Manx from the room, being unsure if he could be trusted following the release of certain demons?
Essay Topic 2
Although Amberle initially is mad at Allanon and Wil for bringing her back to Arborlon, she makes a supreme sacrifice by becoming the very thing she was afraid of. Why was she afraid of the Ellcrys? What dispelled this fear? Would this fear be likely to occur again if Amberle-Ellcrys were to require a Chosen protege? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
This section contains 1,699 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)