|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had killed all the druids?
2. Why must Cephelo and his group keep on the move?
3. What did the Elven boy give Wil and Amberle?
4. What caused Wil to feel admiration for Amberle?
5. What was chasing them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
2. What information does Wisp reveal while the group is incarcerated?
3. What was the biggest problem following the death of the Chosen?
4. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
5. What hesitance does Wil have as he rides out with Allanon?
6. What does Allanon find strange?
7. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
8. Why didn't Allanon tell Ander that he was to be the next King of the Elves?
9. Why was Amberle's transformation fitting, as well as Wil's involvement in that transformation?
10. What situations were wrong when Ander went to see the Chosen in the morning?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Stor's only accepting Gnomes to be healers. How does this effectively limit the applicants to strictly gnomes and therefore create a stagnation of talent and abilities? Refute or support that statement using three sources not including the Elfstones of Shannara.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ander's rise to King. How did he react to the initial idea that he would be required to become the leader of his people? Do you think this reaction was appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the King of the Silver River. What was it likely this character was? How do you know this? How might Amberle and Wil have been lost if not for the intervention of the King of the Silver River? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,799 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)