|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Chosen care for?
2. What immobilized the group?
3. What promise did Wil make to Amberle?
4. Why can't Allanon come with Wil?
5. What was important to the men of the Free Corps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
2. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
3. What did Wil know about when he handed over his clothes, and why wasn't he perturbed about it?
4. What act makes Cephelo doubt Wil's previous story regarding who he was and from whence he came?
5. What had Brona done?
6. What was Amberle's argument as to why she couldn't return back to Arborlon?
7. What was the biggest problem following the death of the Chosen?
8. Why was Flick distressed at the distance separating him from Wil?
9. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
10. What is the one thing that could continue the Forbidding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hebel's life in the wilderness. Why did he like being there? Do you think he would be happy in a city like Arborlon? Why or why not? What information leads you to believe this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Cephelo's lack of belief when it came to who or what could wield the Elfstones. Why do you think this is? How might he have saved himself the trouble of stealing them if he had simply listened to the young elves in their affirmation of the truth?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the proprietress' delight at the relief of her pain, even temporary. Is her reaction understandable, or a product of a fantastic mind? How? What leads you to this conclusion?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)