|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wil find when he had turned to talk to Amberle?
2. What knocked the third pin from its seating?
3. What did they name the immortal being?
4. What was the name of the boy that Wil opened his eyes to?
5. How long did Amberle have with her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
2. What situations were wrong when Ander went to see the Chosen in the morning?
3. What sensation does Wil get within his dreams that makes him uncomfortable?
4. What is the one thing that could continue the Forbidding?
5. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
6. What does the beautiful Rover, Eretria want with Wil?
7. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
8. What did Wil know about when he handed over his clothes, and why wasn't he perturbed about it?
9. In what ways did the Elven boy help Wil and Amberle?
10. Why were both the King and the Prince shocked at what Allanon held?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cephelo's lack of belief when it came to who or what could wield the Elfstones. Why do you think this is? How might he have saved himself the trouble of stealing them if he had simply listened to the young elves in their affirmation of the truth?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Ellcrys' sentience. How do you think humanity would react if we found a sentient plant form? Do you think human nature would change? Why or why not? What would people be likely to do if they encountered a sentient being like the Ellcrys? What leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)