|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dream did Wil have?
2. What promise did the druid ask of the king?
3. What does the beautiful Rover call herself the daughter of?
4. Why did Wil think it prudent to continue traveling with the Rovers?
5. What sound was made from around the group of Rovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sensation does Wil get within his dreams that makes him uncomfortable?
2. Why did Lauren recommend Amberle to talk with Ellcrys?
3. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
4. What strange thing happened to Wil?
5. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
6. What conclusion did Amberle and Wil both share following the demon trap at Drey Wood?
7. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
8. What did Wil do that he was not supposed to have done?
9. What was strange regarding the behavior of Wil and Amberle upon the meeting of the wizened man?
10. What hesitance does Wil have as he rides out with Allanon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cephelo's lack of belief when it came to who or what could wield the Elfstones. Why do you think this is? How might he have saved himself the trouble of stealing them if he had simply listened to the young elves in their affirmation of the truth?
Essay Topic 2
Although Amberle initially is mad at Allanon and Wil for bringing her back to Arborlon, she makes a supreme sacrifice by becoming the very thing she was afraid of. Why was she afraid of the Ellcrys? What dispelled this fear? Would this fear be likely to occur again if Amberle-Ellcrys were to require a Chosen protege? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Wilderun, in particular the town of Grimpen Ward. What characteristics allow the town to continue being a haven for those of criminal intent? What would have to be done in order to clean up that area and make it habitable for law abiding citizens?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)