|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the Ellcrys seed?
2. What had the Druid told Amberle to do?
3. What did the Elven boy give Wil and Amberle?
4. What dream did Wil have?
5. Where did Wil and Amberle sleep the first night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sensation does Wil get within his dreams that makes him uncomfortable?
2. What hesitance does Wil have as he rides out with Allanon?
3. What offended Wil regarding Amberle?
4. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
5. In what ways did the Elven boy help Wil and Amberle?
6. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
7. Why were both the King and the Prince shocked at what Allanon held?
8. What situations were wrong when Ander went to see the Chosen in the morning?
9. Why was Flick distressed at the distance separating him from Wil?
10. What was Cephelo's reasons for not giving the horse back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the King of the Silver River. What was it likely this character was? How do you know this? How might Amberle and Wil have been lost if not for the intervention of the King of the Silver River? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Changeling being present in the most secret of meetings between the King, Allanon, Wil and Amberle. How did this affect the outcome of the story? What might have happened if they would have dismissed Manx from the room, being unsure if he could be trusted following the release of certain demons?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast this book to another epic fantasy. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? Do you think similarities were intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)