|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the beautiful Rover call herself the daughter of?
2. Through how many generations might Genewen's kind serve?
3. What direction did Wil and Amberle move out of the Rover camp?
4. Who or what was Genewen?
5. How did the tree acknowledge Amberle's presence?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Emer Chios' words hold weight?
2. What was one of the few things that Amberle spoke about without hesitation?
3. What were the Brakes?
4. What promise does Amberle ask Wil to make to her?
5. Why had Amberle become scared?
6. What made Amberle so fearful of the gifts the Ellcrys bestowed upon her?
7. How was Eretria no more Cephelo's daughter than Amberle was Wil's sister?
8. What situations were wrong when Ander went to see the Chosen in the morning?
9. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
10. What did Wil do that he was not supposed to have done?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Ellcrys' sentience. How do you think humanity would react if we found a sentient plant form? Do you think human nature would change? Why or why not? What would people be likely to do if they encountered a sentient being like the Ellcrys? What leads you to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Briefly, this book discusses financial transactions over human lives in the sale of Eretria. How does this make you feel? Why is that? Do you think Eretria would have had a better life with her father than with the Rovers? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Demon hierarchy. Why wasn't it thrown into shambles following the death of Dagda Mor? What does this explain about the Demons in general? How does this add to their weakness overall?
This section contains 1,694 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)