|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did Wil make to Amberle?
2. What sound was made from around the group of Rovers?
3. Who was the Demon?
4. Who had taught Wil to read signs?
5. What kind of demon kills out of sheer instinct?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Wil know about when he handed over his clothes, and why wasn't he perturbed about it?
2. What should the faerie creatures have noticed regarding the humans?
3. What is the one thing that could continue the Forbidding?
4. In what ways did the Elven boy help Wil and Amberle?
5. What sensation does Wil get within his dreams that makes him uncomfortable?
6. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
7. What was strange regarding the behavior of Wil and Amberle upon the meeting of the wizened man?
8. What strange thing happened to Wil?
9. Why were both the King and the Prince shocked at what Allanon held?
10. What did Wil do that he was not supposed to have done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Stor's only accepting Gnomes to be healers. How does this effectively limit the applicants to strictly gnomes and therefore create a stagnation of talent and abilities? Refute or support that statement using three sources not including the Elfstones of Shannara.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Cephelo's way of life and his band of Rovers. Are the Rovers like any other group of people? How or why not? What makes Rovers a different breed of people? What might have occurred if Cephelo wasn't killed by the Reaper?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)