|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the last listed of the Chosen?
2. What did Wil find when he had turned to talk to Amberle?
3. What did it mean to the creatures of good if they lost the war?
4. What did Eretria demand of Wil in return for helping him take back his horse?
5. What was the Demon's plan for the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lauren recommend Amberle to talk with Ellcrys?
2. What was the reason for the block when Wil attempted to use the stones?
3. Why can't Allanon be the one to guide the elven girl, Amberle, to Safehold and the Bloodfire?
4. How was Eretria no more Cephelo's daughter than Amberle was Wil's sister?
5. Why were both the King and the Prince shocked at what Allanon held?
6. What does the beautiful Rover, Eretria want with Wil?
7. Why was Flick distressed at the distance separating him from Wil?
8. Why wouldn't Cephelo trade the horse back to Wil for his services rendered?
9. What was strange regarding the behavior of Wil and Amberle upon the meeting of the wizened man?
10. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the King of the Silver River. What was it likely this character was? How do you know this? How might Amberle and Wil have been lost if not for the intervention of the King of the Silver River? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ander's rise to King. How did he react to the initial idea that he would be required to become the leader of his people? Do you think this reaction was appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hebel's life in the wilderness. Why did he like being there? Do you think he would be happy in a city like Arborlon? Why or why not? What information leads you to believe this?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)