|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wil and Amberle sleep the first night?
2. What two had the Demon brought with him?
3. What do the Elfstones represent?
4. What did Wil and Amberle discover about one another?
5. What race was likely to come in the defense of the Elves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise did Wil solicit from the young elven boy?
2. What was the reason for the block when Wil attempted to use the stones?
3. In what ways did the Elven boy help Wil and Amberle?
4. What was the biggest problem following the death of the Chosen?
5. What hesitance does Wil have as he rides out with Allanon?
6. What did Wil do that he was not supposed to have done?
7. Why was the death of the Ellcrys so worrisome?
8. What offended Wil regarding Amberle?
9. What had Brona done?
10. What sensation does Wil get within his dreams that makes him uncomfortable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Reapers mistake when it killed the band of Rovers. Do you think it was an honest mistake or killing for the joy of killing? How was the death of the Rovers what gave Wil and Amberle time to make it into the Hollows? What might have happened otherwise? Support your answer from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wil's inconsistent ability to control the Elfstones. Why was this a reflection upon himself? How was Allanon correct in that it really depended in the strength of the person wielding the stones as to the outcome of their power?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between Arion and Ander's acceptance of Amberle. Why did they differ? How did this ever widen the gap between Arion and Ander until Arion's death? Could it have been repaired? If so how? If not why?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)