|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the witches leave the Hollows?
(a) They prefer to live their lives in the Hollows.
(b) There is no magic for them beyond the Hollows.
(c) They know nothing of the outside world.
(d) They want to kill each other before leaving the Hollows.
2. What was the next question asked of Wisp?
(a) How to defeat a Reaper.
(b) Where Spire's Reach was.
(c) Where the Bloodfire was.
(d) All of these.
3. Why did the sisters hate each other?
(a) They thought each had caused the death of the man that they had both loved.
(b) All of these.
(c) One had offended the other's hairstyle.
(d) One had offended the other's use of magic.
4. What does Cephelo demand for his aid?
(a) The Elfstones.
(b) One third of his reward from the Elven king.
(c) One quarter of his reward from the Elven king.
(d) One half of his reward from the Elven king.
5. What had Eretria done for Wil?
(a) She had proposed to him.
(b) Helped him to recover, both emotionally and physically.
(c) She had asked to follow him wherever he might go.
(d) She had asked to be with Wil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amberle notices while she was crawling?
2. What things had Mallenroh not seized from the party?
3. What was the general mood of the army that left Halys Cut?
4. What had there been in the beginning between Amberle and the Ellcrys?
5. What did the old man on the mountain encounter that prevented him from going after Wil and Amberle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eventine finally realize regarding Manx, and what did it take him to realize it?
2. What does Eretria do that Wil or Amberle didn't expect?
3. Why was Pindanon mad at Ander?
4. What promise does Amberle ask Wil to make to her?
5. How did Eretria know how to find Wil?
6. How did Ander understand his brother's bitterness? What was the difference between them?
7. What had happened to Allanon?
8. Why didn't Allanon tell Ander that he was to be the next King of the Elves?
9. In what ways did Emer Chios' words hold weight?
10. Why had Amberle become scared?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)