|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Roc was Allanon riding.
2. What had Eretria done for Wil?
(a) She had asked to be with Wil.
(b) She had asked to follow him wherever he might go.
(c) She had proposed to him.
(d) Helped him to recover, both emotionally and physically.
3. What did Amberle say about the people of the town they were in?
(a) They have less morality than the Rovers.
(b) They look less likely to give quarter to them.
(c) They look a lot more dangerous than the Rovers.
(d) They look more unreasonable than the Rovers.
4. Who does Wil put as a field commander?
(c) Stee Jans.
5. Why wouldn't the power come from the Elfstones?
(a) Wil was afraid.
(b) Wil wouldn't let it.
(c) Wil tried to hard.
(d) Wil wouldn't unlock it.
6. What chance do the Elves and Bordermen of lasting beyond the day?
(a) The same chances Amberle has of making it back.
(b) A forty-sixty chance, in favor of death beyond today.
(c) A fifty-fifty chance.
(d) The same chances the King will have to see through the day.
7. Why did a sadness fill Allanon?
(a) He had gone too early to the Ellcrys.
(b) The Ellcrys was breathing its last.
(c) He had come to the Ellcrys too late.
(d) The Ellcrys was too far gone to know that she had saved them all.
8. What does four bell tolls mean?
(a) Mallenroh leaves.
(b) Morag is summoned.
(c) Morag comes.
(d) Wisp is summoned.
9. What had caused Wil injury?
(a) None of these.
(b) He had tumbled head first into loose boards strewn across the alley passage.
(c) He had been jabbed with his own needle.
(d) He had been clubbed in the head by his assailants.
10. How does Wil and his party escape?
(a) Wil remembered the way out.
(b) Drifter led them out.
(c) They followed the smoke.
(d) Wisp lead them to safety.
11. What was the next question asked of Wisp?
(a) Where Spire's Reach was.
(b) Where the Bloodfire was.
(c) How to defeat a Reaper.
(d) All of these.
12. What surprised Wil?
(a) Amberle didn't resist being picked up and carried.
(b) None of these.
(c) Amberle fell asleep in his arms.
(d) Amberle didn't complain about being close to Wil.
13. What was the first thing Wil had noticed about the Wilderun?
(a) All of these.
(b) There were no rabbits.
(c) There was no food.
(d) There were no birds.
14. What lie did Wil tell Cephelo?
(a) That the Ellcrys was alive and well.
(b) That the Elven princess was dying.
(c) That Amberle was not his sister but his betrothed.
(d) All of these.
15. What guards the areas?
(a) A long placed spell.
(b) All of these.
(c) Two witches, Mallenroh and Morag.
(d) A dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of creature(s) lurched out of the broken Forbidding?
2. The chamber behind the 'door made of glass that cannot break' is empty, but who feels a presence?
3. What does Ander offer Stee Jans?
4. Risking even ______, Eretria begs to go with Wil.
5. What or who had Allanon been looking for?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)