|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the old man on the mountain encounter that prevented him from going after Wil and Amberle?
(a) His dog wouldn't let him go.
(b) The storm.
(d) A demon.
2. Where had Wil found the Elfstones?
(a) In Cephelo's dead hands.
(b) In the caravan.
(c) They didn't find Cephelo.
(d) In his tunic.
3. Why weren't the Elven lines holding?
(a) The demons wanted to kill rather than be killed.
(b) All of these.
(c) The demons were more skilled in combat.
(d) There were simply too many demons.
4. Why didn't Allanon tell Wil what was to become of Amberle?
(a) He would have been obliged to reveal it to Amberle.
(b) It would not have helped him to know.
(c) He might have treated her differently.
(d) It would have hindered the completion of his quest.
5. Risking even ______, Eretria begs to go with Wil.
6. What was Dagda Mor riding?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A flying snake.
(c) A viper.
(d) A monstrous bat.
7. What color was the root that Wil chewed?
(b) Dark blue.
(c) Dark purple.
8. Who does Wil put as a field commander?
(c) Stee Jans.
9. Where lies Safehold?
(a) In a swamp.
(b) None of these.
(c) Within the Hollows.
(d) Under a mountain.
10. What did Amberle say about the people of the town they were in?
(a) They look less likely to give quarter to them.
(b) They have less morality than the Rovers.
(c) They look a lot more dangerous than the Rovers.
(d) They look more unreasonable than the Rovers.
11. What was the last remnant of the Reaper?
(a) Its robes outline on the rock.
(b) All of these.
(c) A pile of ash.
(d) A sickle.
12. What does Wisp consider a game?
(a) Both of these.
(b) The riddle of a glass door that doesn't break.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) The riddle of a fire of blood.
13. What did Wil tell the group?
(a) Both of these things.
(b) Neither of these things.
(c) Once to speak the name of their pursuer.
(d) That the Reaper was following them.
14. Why didn't the Ellcrys call Amberle?
(a) She didn't trust Amberle.
(b) She knew that Amberle would never come.
(c) She thought that Amberle would come on her own.
(d) She was going to chose another Chosen for the task.
15. What had been the favorite weapon of Dardan?
(a) A lance.
(b) A daggar.
(c) A short sword.
(d) A rapier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ander offer Stee Jans?
2. What things had Mallenroh not seized from the party?
3. What had the Ellcrys done with Amberle that had not happened with anyone else?
4. Who had come in defense of the Elves?
5. Why did a sadness fill Allanon?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)