|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amberle say about the people of the town they were in?
(a) They look less likely to give quarter to them.
(b) They look a lot more dangerous than the Rovers.
(c) They look more unreasonable than the Rovers.
(d) They have less morality than the Rovers.
2. Why did the sisters hate each other?
(a) All of these.
(b) They thought each had caused the death of the man that they had both loved.
(c) One had offended the other's hairstyle.
(d) One had offended the other's use of magic.
3. Who's support did Ander need most of all?
(a) Armar Chios.
(b) Emer Chilos.
(c) Emer Chios.
(d) Elmer Chios.
4. What finally took down the King?
(a) The Changeling.
(b) The Reaper.
(c) Dagda Mor.
(d) A lesser demon.
5. What guards the areas?
(a) Two witches, Mallenroh and Morag.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A long placed spell.
(d) All of these.
6. Who does Wil put as a field commander?
(a) Stee Jans.
7. What bore Amberle away?
(a) Crooked wooden fingers on gnarled hands.
(b) All of these.
(c) Twisted claws.
(d) Raspy fingers on gnarled hands.
8. What chance do the Elves and Bordermen of lasting beyond the day?
(a) The same chances the King will have to see through the day.
(b) A fifty-fifty chance.
(c) The same chances Amberle has of making it back.
(d) A forty-sixty chance, in favor of death beyond today.
9. What surprised Wil?
(a) None of these.
(b) Amberle didn't complain about being close to Wil.
(c) Amberle didn't resist being picked up and carried.
(d) Amberle fell asleep in his arms.
10. What did Wil offer the woman for their food, drink and lodging?
(a) A temporary cure of her aches.
(d) Relief from the pain of her injury.
11. What does Wisp consider a game?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) The riddle of a glass door that doesn't break.
(c) Both of these.
(d) The riddle of a fire of blood.
12. What had Eretria done for Wil?
(a) She had asked to follow him wherever he might go.
(b) Helped him to recover, both emotionally and physically.
(c) She had proposed to him.
(d) She had asked to be with Wil.
13. How many came?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Fifteen hundred.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) One thousand.
14. Where had Wil found the Elfstones?
(a) In the caravan.
(b) In Cephelo's dead hands.
(c) In his tunic.
(d) They didn't find Cephelo.
15. What was the last remnant of the Reaper?
(a) Its robes outline on the rock.
(b) All of these.
(c) A sickle.
(d) A pile of ash.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the proprietress' pains been afflicting her?
2. Why does Allanon think that Amberle is still alive?
3. What was the general mood of the army that left Halys Cut?
4. Why weren't the Elven lines holding?
5. Why don't the witches leave the Hollows?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)