|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Allanon come with Wil?
(a) He must stay and protect the elves.
(b) He simply does not want to go.
(c) He must go back and research in the tower.
(d) He must stay and heal.
2. What does the beautiful Rover call herself the daughter of?
(a) The worlds best thief.
(b) The world's least honest man.
(c) The worlds foremost liar.
(d) The worlds best liar.
3. What immobilized the group?
(a) A comforting drowsiness.
(b) All of these.
(c) An enchantment.
(d) Sheer awe of where they had arrived.
4. Who had the demon sent after the druid?
(a) The Muses.
(b) The Furies.
(c) The Maenads.
(d) None of these.
5. How long had the Elven fortress been abandoned for?
(a) Since the Second War of the Races.
(b) Since the War of the Demons and Elves.
(c) Since the First War of the Races.
(d) For as long as the Elves had history.
6. What was the name of the horse that the druid wanted?
7. What knocked the third pin from its seating?
(a) Amberle's fingers.
(b) Crispin's mallet.
(c) The buffeting of the wind.
(d) Wil's mallet.
8. What kind of demon kills out of sheer instinct?
(b) Dagda Mor.
9. What was not like Went?
(a) To not be at his post.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) To leave a job undone.
10. What was the name of the King's First Minister?
(a) Amir Chios.
(b) Emir Chios.
(c) Emar Chios.
(d) Emer Chios.
11. What caused Wil to feel admiration for Amberle?
(a) That she was as vexed as Wil at the loss of Artaq.
(b) That she didn't complain.
(c) That she was coming up with good ideas in regards to the recovery of the horse.
(d) That she was as determined as he was.
12. What promise did Wil make to Amberle?
(a) That there would be no more secrets.
(b) That he would protect her.
(c) That he wouldn't let anything happen to her.
(d) That he would die to protect her.
13. What did Wil think of himself in regards to Amberle?
(a) That he would never succeed in the mission.
(b) He wouldn't be enough to defend her.
(c) That he would make a suitable husband for her.
(d) He might not be enough to defend her.
14. What did Manx do when Wil attempted to pet him?
(a) He wagged his tail.
(b) He barked.
(c) He growled.
(d) He bared his teeth.
15. What is the preservation of the land to the elven people?
(a) All of these.
(b) A moral responsibility.
(c) A social responsibility.
(d) Something done without question or complaint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what was Genewen?
2. What two had the Demon brought with him?
3. Where did Wil and Amberle tie their possessions to on Artaq?
4. Who does Allanon feel might be the spy?
5. What did the wizened old man call the two humanoids?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)