|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen, Prospects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the quantum, or messenger particle, of gravity?
(a) The gravino.
(b) The graviton.
(c) The Calabi-Yau particle.
(d) The Einstein boson.
2. In quantum mechanics, what is symmetry breaking?
(a) When an asymmetrical matter and anti-matter pair is created.
(b) When two fused fundamental forces become separated out.
(c) The primary reason that the theory is incompatible with general relativity.
(d) When the symmetry between a electrical and magnetic field is broken at high energy levels.
3. Which of the following is not one of the four fundamental forces of the universe?
(a) The nuclear-weak force.
(b) The photoelectric force.
(c) The electromagnetic force.
4. What problem of cosmology was the inflationary model created to deal with?
(a) The universe is too small to support its own expansion.
(b) The cosmic background radiation is uniform, and shouldn't be.
(c) The universe is too large to support its own expansion.
(d) The cosmic background is not uniform, and should be.
5. What property did the double-slit experiment demonstrate that light has?
(a) It has a finite energy level at all frequencies.
(b) It can be bent by gravity fields.
(c) It behaves as a wave.
(d) It has an infinite number of possible frequencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What materials were formed during the period of the big bang known as the "primordial nucleosynthesis"?
2. How does the shape of the extra "curled up" dimensions affect the vibration of strings?
3. What is strong-weak duality?
4. When a black hole's entropy increases, which of its characteristics increases as well?
5. What is the traditional method of testing theories in physics?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)