|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paloma tell Renee Paloma knows about the woman?
(a) That Renee is quite intelligent.
(b) That Renee is lonely.
(c) That Kakuro is sweet on Renee.
(d) That Kakuro is sweet on Manuela.
2. Why does Renee invite Paloma into her apartment?
(a) Renee is lonely.
(b) Paloma seemed to need to talk.
(c) Paloma has a book in her hand Renee loves.
(d) She does not want to shut the door in Paloma's face.
3. What does Renee think about what Columbe has focused upon in her work?
(a) Columbe's priviledged upbringing has given her a narrow perspective.
(b) Columbe has totally missed the point and the writing is invalid.
(c) Columbe has focused upon the weaker argument, which waters down the effect of the writing.
(d) Columbe has focused on the wrong things.
4. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
(a) Learn about Kakuro.
(b) Get her hair done.
(c) Get a pedicure.
(d) Get a facial.
5. What does Paloma's mother ask Renee?
(a) If Renee knows the young man who is the concierge in the next building.
(b) If it is alright for Paloma to spend time at Renee's apartment.
(c) If Renee is dating Kakuro.
(d) If Paloma may help Renee in her duties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Kakuro give Renee?
2. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
3. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
4. What happens in Chapter 16?
5. Why is Paloma surprised that the new tenant wants to have tea with her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist and what fascinates her about him?
2. What does Kakuro send Renee and what does she do?
3. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
4. Why does Paloma displease a teacher at her school?
5. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
6. What do Renee and Manuela discuss concerning Renee's upcoming dinner date?
7. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
8. Why is Manuela happy about the new tenant?
9. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
10. Briefly describe Renee's dinner with Kakuro.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)