|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what book does Renee quote after meeting Kakuro?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) Hunt for Red October.
2. What amazes Renee about her new hair style?
(a) It seems so chic.
(b) It bespeaks a woman of taste.
(c) It is simple yet elegant.
(d) It is so fluffy.
3. What color is the dress Manuela borrows for Renee?
(c) Soft rose.
(d) Light blue.
4. What does Renee think to herself about her interest in painting?
(a) She wishes she could paint.
(b) She wishes she were more up on modern artists.
(c) She wishes she could afford even reproductions of good art.
(d) She should dumb that down also.
5. What does Renee think about as far as at in chapter 11?
(a) The way so many people no longer care about art.
(b) The way the value of art has changed over the years.
(c) The ease with which so many artists create art.
(d) The purpose of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
2. What does Jacinthe Rosen do for Renee?
3. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
4. What does Paloma request of Renee?
5. What is going on in the Arthens' former apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Renee obtain a dress for her date and what disturbs her about the dress?
2. What does Renee think of Kakuro's bathroom and what surprises her about it?
3. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
4. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
5. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
6. Briefly describe Renee's dinner with Kakuro.
7. What does Kakuro send Renee and what does she do?
8. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
9. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
10. What does Paul Nguyen tell Renee when he comes to her door and what is Renee's response?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)