|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle to her own parents?
(a) They seem to have accepted their place in the world.
(b) They are more attentive to Paloma and others.
(c) They are fun and full of life.
(d) They are kinder and more liberal.
2. What does Renee do in response to the gift?
(a) Nothing yet.
(b) Sends the book back.
(c) Writes a thank you note right away.
(d) Goes and knocks on Kakuro's door.
3. What does Renee tell Columbe?
(a) To call the concierge that is on duty.
(b) That she should call the police.
(c) That the concierge's loge is not open until 8.
(d) That a phone call is as bad as Colombe coming to the door and knocking.
4. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
(a) The way the Japanese value austerity.
(b) The painting in the entryway.
(c) The tapestry hanging in the entryway.
(d) The haiku poem he gives her.
5. Why is Columbe been driving Paloma crazy?
(a) In taunting her about her trip to see the therapist.
(b) In bad mouthing the new tenant.
(c) In talking about Columbe's trip to Venice.
(d) In saying she will recommend their mother not let Paloma be with Kakuro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
2. What does Paloma request of Renee?
3. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
4. What is one topic Renee and Kakuro discuss over dinner?
5. How does Renee feel before Kakuro?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)