|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Kakuro give Renee?
(a) An expensive copy of Middlemarch.
(b) An expensive copy of Anna Karenina.
(c) An expensive copy of Barbet.
(d) An expensive copy of A Tale of Two Cities.
2. What do Paloma and Kakuro decide to do?
(a) Read and discuss a book a week.
(b) Become friends.
(c) Find out who Renee really is.
(d) Walk in the park daily together.
3. How does Renee feel before Kakuro?
(c) Like a little girl.
4. What does Renee think people with good educations should do?
(a) Do more than make money.
(b) Be responsible for their ideas.
(c) Appreciate their opportunity for a good education.
(d) Dedicate their lives to making the world better.
5. Who calls Kakuro?
(a) His broker.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee later think she should have done differently in response to the gift?
2. Who has Monsieur Ozu fired?
3. How does Kakuro ask Renee to dinner?
4. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
5. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kakuro send Renee and what does she do?
2. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
3. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
4. Why does Paloma displease a teacher at her school?
5. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
6. How does Renee obtain a dress for her date and what disturbs her about the dress?
7. Why is Manuela happy about the new tenant?
8. Who wakes Renee at seven and what does Renee tell the person?
9. What do Renee and Manuela discuss concerning Renee's upcoming dinner date?
10. How does Renee give herself away as far as her intelligence to the new tenant?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)