|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Renee early the next morning?
(a) A knock on her door.
(b) A scream.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A crash.
2. Why does Renee invite Paloma into her apartment?
(a) Paloma seemed to need to talk.
(b) Paloma has a book in her hand Renee loves.
(c) She does not want to shut the door in Paloma's face.
(d) Renee is lonely.
3. What is one topic Renee and Kakuro discuss over dinner?
(b) Renee's lack of education.
(c) The rancor that some in France feel towards Orientals.
(d) The fact that Renee is young to be in charge of the entire building.
4. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
(a) A reproduction of one of Renee's favorite paintings.
(b) Two crossed Samurai swords.
(c) A Japanese music box.
(d) A tapestry from 1300s Japan.
5. What color is the dress Manuela borrows for Renee?
(b) Light blue.
(d) Soft rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Renee a little about the dress Manuela borrows for her?
2. Why does Paloma threaten to spread rumors about the therapist?
3. What Japanese tradition does Kakuro explain?
4. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle to her own parents?
5. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
2. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
3. Why does Paloma displease a teacher at her school?
4. Briefly describe Renee's dinner with Kakuro.
5. What does Kakuro send Renee and what does she do?
6. Why is Manuela happy about the new tenant?
7. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
8. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
9. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
10. How does Renee obtain a dress for her date and what disturbs her about the dress?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)