|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee think about as far as at in chapter 11?
(a) The way so many people no longer care about art.
(b) The ease with which so many artists create art.
(c) The purpose of art.
(d) The way the value of art has changed over the years.
2. What conflict does Paloma witness?
(a) Between her mother and older sister.
(b) Between her mother and another woman at a sale.
(c) Between her father and mother.
(d) Between Renee and one of the tenants.
3. How does Kakuro ask Renee to dinner?
(a) Comes in person to her door.
(b) Sends her an invitation with Paloma.
(c) Sends her an invitation with his assistant.
(d) Calls her on the phone.
4. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
(a) A reproduction of one of Renee's favorite paintings.
(b) A tapestry from 1300s Japan.
(c) Two crossed Samurai swords.
(d) A Japanese music box.
5. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
(a) Get a pedicure.
(b) Learn about Kakuro.
(c) Get her hair done.
(d) Get a facial.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what book does Renee quote after meeting Kakuro?
2. What surprises Manuela when she and Renee are talking about Renee's upcoming dinner date?
3. What amazes Renee about her new hair style?
4. What surprises Renee about Kakuro's last name?
5. What does Paloma tell Renee Paloma knows about the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
2. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
3. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist and what fascinates her about him?
4. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
5. Why does Paloma displease a teacher at her school?
6. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
7. Who wakes Renee at seven and what does Renee tell the person?
8. With whom does Paloma have tea and how does she respond to the event?
9. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle over her own parents?
10. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)