|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
(a) His hands are smaller than Paloma's hands.
(b) His eyes are two different colors.
(c) He does not seem to move even when he talks.
(d) He has a bald spot on the side of his head.
2. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist?
(a) To show the therapist that she could raise a good daughter.
(b) To prove to the therapist that her daughter has problems.
(c) To have the therapist explain about her mother's illness.
(d) Because of a comment Paloma makes.
3. What makes Paloma wonder what else a person might ignore?
(a) When Kakuro ignores someone who mutters something about Japanese.
(b) When Renee pretends she hears no insults from a tenant.
(c) When the two people she observes in a fight both ignore their right hands.
(d) When Paloma's father ignores a terribly hungry person on the street.
4. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
(a) Take care of Renee's cat.
(b) Make pastries.
(c) Contact Paloma's mother.
(d) Help Paloma.
5. Why does Renee invite Paloma into her apartment?
(a) She does not want to shut the door in Paloma's face.
(b) Paloma seemed to need to talk.
(c) Renee is lonely.
(d) Paloma has a book in her hand Renee loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee tell Columbe?
2. What disturbs Paloma about the therapist?
3. What amazes Renee about her new hair style?
4. Who joins Renee and Manuela for tea?
5. Why does Renee wear a handkerchief to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
2. Who wakes Renee at seven and what does Renee tell the person?
3. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
4. Why is Manuela happy about the new tenant?
5. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
6. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
7. How does Renee give herself away as far as her intelligence to the new tenant?
8. What does Paul Nguyen tell Renee when he comes to her door and what is Renee's response?
9. What does Renee think of Kakuro's bathroom and what surprises her about it?
10. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)