|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee tell Columbe?
(a) That a phone call is as bad as Colombe coming to the door and knocking.
(b) To call the concierge that is on duty.
(c) That she should call the police.
(d) That the concierge's loge is not open until 8.
2. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle to her own parents?
(a) They are kinder and more liberal.
(b) They seem to have accepted their place in the world.
(c) They are more attentive to Paloma and others.
(d) They are fun and full of life.
3. What does Jacinthe Rosen do for Renee?
(a) Give her a gift certificate.
(b) Push for a raise.
(c) Introduces her to the new tenent in the building.
(d) Push for better benefits.
4. Who are Levin and Kitty?
(a) Kakuro's cats.
(b) The only other children in the building.
(c) Brother and sister who come by the building every morning with the newspapers.
(d) Paloma's cousins.
5. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
(a) Get a facial.
(b) Get her hair done.
(c) Get a pedicure.
(d) Learn about Kakuro.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Renee feel before Kakuro?
2. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
3. What does Renee think to herself about her interest in painting?
4. What arrives for Columbe?
5. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paloma want of Renee when she comes to Renee's door at eight?
2. What does Kakuro send Renee and what does she do?
3. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
4. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle over her own parents?
5. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
6. Briefly describe Renee's dinner with Kakuro.
7. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
8. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
9. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
10. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)