|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Paloma feel hope?
(a) Realizing Renee is not who she implies she is.
(b) Meeting Kakuro.
(c) A realization about where life can take her.
(d) Her mother giving her a sincere hug.
2. Why does Renee invite Paloma into her apartment?
(a) She does not want to shut the door in Paloma's face.
(b) Renee is lonely.
(c) Paloma seemed to need to talk.
(d) Paloma has a book in her hand Renee loves.
3. Why does Paloma threaten to spread rumors about the therapist?
(a) To see if he is a good therapist.
(b) To see if he is able to read her well.
(c) To provoke him into making Paloma leave.
(d) To get him to move.
4. What does Manuela say about Renee's looks when Renee dons her borrowed dress?
(a) The dress needs to be taken in a little in the hips.
(c) The dress needs to be taken in a little in the bust.
(d) She needs an accessory.
5. Why is Manuela excited about being retained by Kakura?
(a) He has a good-looking cook about her age.
(b) He gave her raise.
(c) He wants her to reside in his apartment complex.
(d) He has few demands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
2. What does Paloma's mother ask Renee?
3. What does a courier deliver to Renee?
4. Why is Renee embarrassed?
5. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
2. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
3. Why does Paloma displease a teacher at her school?
4. What does Paloma want of Renee when she comes to Renee's door at eight?
5. What does Renee think of Kakuro's bathroom and what surprises her about it?
6. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
7. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
8. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
9. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle over her own parents?
10. How does Renee obtain a dress for her date and what disturbs her about the dress?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)