|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manuela say about Renee's looks when Renee dons her borrowed dress?
(a) The dress needs to be taken in a little in the bust.
(b) The dress needs to be taken in a little in the hips.
(d) She needs an accessory.
2. What does Paloma's mother ask Renee?
(a) If Renee knows the young man who is the concierge in the next building.
(b) If Paloma may help Renee in her duties.
(c) If it is alright for Paloma to spend time at Renee's apartment.
(d) If Renee is dating Kakuro.
3. About what is Manuela joyful?
(a) Quitting her job with Madame Pallieres.
(b) Getting a visa to go home.
(c) Planning a trip to Portugal.
(d) Seeing Renee happy.
4. Why does Renee wear a handkerchief to work?
(a) To hide her new hair style.
(b) To hide her hair that needs cut.
(c) To keep a man from the next building from bothering her.
(d) It matches her dress.
5. What conflict does Paloma witness?
(a) Between Renee and one of the tenants.
(b) Between her father and mother.
(c) Between her mother and another woman at a sale.
(d) Between her mother and older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee find not up to her standards?
2. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
3. What does Renee think about what Columbe has focused upon in her work?
4. What is going on in the Arthens' former apartment?
5. What discussion takes place at Renee's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
2. How does Renee obtain a dress for her date and what disturbs her about the dress?
3. What does Renee think of Kakuro's bathroom and what surprises her about it?
4. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
5. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
6. How does Renee give herself away as far as her intelligence to the new tenant?
7. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
8. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
9. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
10. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)