|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Paloma's cousin born?
(a) A cleft palette.
(b) Down's syndrome.
(c) A hole in her heart.
(d) Cerebral palsy.
2. What does Renee do in response to the gift?
(a) Nothing yet.
(b) Sends the book back.
(c) Writes a thank you note right away.
(d) Goes and knocks on Kakuro's door.
3. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) It has no carpets.
(b) It is painted in shades of white.
(c) It has no heavy-style furniture.
(d) There is nothing superfluous.
4. What surprises Manuela when she and Renee are talking about Renee's upcoming dinner date?
(a) That Renee is not nervous.
(b) That Renee had even thought of turning Kakuro down.
(c) That Renee is terribly nervous.
(d) That Renee does not have a suitable dress.
5. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
(a) Get a pedicure.
(b) Get a facial.
(c) Get her hair done.
(d) Learn about Kakuro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paloma threaten to spread rumors about the therapist?
2. From what book does Renee quote after meeting Kakuro?
3. What surprises Renee about Kakuro's last name?
4. Who has Monsieur Ozu fired?
5. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle to her own parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
2. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
3. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
4. What do Renee and Manuela discuss concerning Renee's upcoming dinner date?
5. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
6. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
7. Briefly describe Renee's dinner with Kakuro.
8. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
9. What does Kakuro send Renee and what does she do?
10. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle over her own parents?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)