|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paloma wonder what might be the true movement of the world?
(a) Piano music.
(b) Hands clasping each other.
(c) Voices raised in song.
(d) The sound of the ocean waves.
2. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
(b) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
(c) She needs to use the bathroom.
(d) She trips on the floor mat.
3. What does Renee tell Columbe?
(a) That the concierge's loge is not open until 8.
(b) To call the concierge that is on duty.
(c) That a phone call is as bad as Colombe coming to the door and knocking.
(d) That she should call the police.
4. What does Renee think about as far as at in chapter 11?
(a) The ease with which so many artists create art.
(b) The way so many people no longer care about art.
(c) The purpose of art.
(d) The way the value of art has changed over the years.
5. What does Paloma tell Renee Paloma knows about the woman?
(a) That Kakuro is sweet on Manuela.
(b) That Renee is lonely.
(c) That Renee is quite intelligent.
(d) That Kakuro is sweet on Renee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Renee a little about the dress Manuela borrows for her?
2. With what is Paloma's cousin born?
3. What happens in Chapter 16?
4. Who is Marguerite?
5. What does Jacinthe Rosen do for Renee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
2. Briefly describe Renee's dinner with Kakuro.
3. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle over her own parents?
4. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
5. What do Renee and Manuela discuss concerning Renee's upcoming dinner date?
6. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
7. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
8. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
9. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
10. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)