|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee thinks offers more continuity in a house than conventional doors?
(a) Sliding doors.
(b) Bamboo curtins.
(c) Open doorways.
(d) Bead curtins.
2. What surprises Manuela when she and Renee are talking about Renee's upcoming dinner date?
(a) That Renee is not nervous.
(b) That Renee is terribly nervous.
(c) That Renee does not have a suitable dress.
(d) That Renee had even thought of turning Kakuro down.
3. What disturbs Paloma about the therapist?
(a) His violent reaction to her threats.
(b) The way he looks at her mother.
(c) His indifference to anything she says.
(d) How he constantly clears his throat.
4. About what is Manuela joyful?
(a) Getting a visa to go home.
(b) Quitting her job with Madame Pallieres.
(c) Seeing Renee happy.
(d) Planning a trip to Portugal.
5. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She needs to use the bathroom.
(b) She trips on the floor mat.
(c) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
(d) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Levin and Kitty?
2. What bothers Renee a little about the dress Manuela borrows for her?
3. What is going on in the Arthens' former apartment?
4. What is Renee thinking about when someone knocks on her door?
5. What does Renee think about what Columbe has focused upon in her work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
2. How does Renee obtain a dress for her date and what disturbs her about the dress?
3. What does Kakuro send Renee and what does she do?
4. With whom does Paloma have tea and how does she respond to the event?
5. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
6. What does Paul Nguyen tell Renee when he comes to her door and what is Renee's response?
7. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
8. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
9. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
10. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)