|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Kakuro?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His broker.
2. What is going on in the Arthens' former apartment?
(a) A lot of shouting.
(c) Strange noises.
3. Who is Marguerite?
(a) Paloma's cousin.
(b) The dressmaker.
(c) Renee's niece.
(d) Paloma's friend.
4. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
(a) The haiku poem he gives her.
(b) The way the Japanese value austerity.
(c) The painting in the entryway.
(d) The tapestry hanging in the entryway.
5. What does Paloma wonder what might be the true movement of the world?
(a) Voices raised in song.
(b) The sound of the ocean waves.
(c) Hands clasping each other.
(d) Piano music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Columbe been driving Paloma crazy?
2. Who is Yoko?
3. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
4. What book does Kakuro give Renee?
5. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)