|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacinthe Rosen do for Renee?
(a) Push for a raise.
(b) Give her a gift certificate.
(c) Introduces her to the new tenent in the building.
(d) Push for better benefits.
2. What does Renee do in response to the gift?
(a) Sends the book back.
(b) Writes a thank you note right away.
(c) Goes and knocks on Kakuro's door.
(d) Nothing yet.
3. With what is Paloma's cousin born?
(a) A cleft palette.
(b) A hole in her heart.
(c) Down's syndrome.
(d) Cerebral palsy.
4. What makes Paloma feel hope?
(a) A realization about where life can take her.
(b) Her mother giving her a sincere hug.
(c) Meeting Kakuro.
(d) Realizing Renee is not who she implies she is.
5. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
(a) Visit the art museum.
(b) Watch The Munekata Sisters.
(c) Take Paloma on an outing.
(d) Go to the Japanese Tea Gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What discussion takes place at Renee's apartment?
2. What book does Kakuro give Renee?
3. Who has Monsieur Ozu fired?
4. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
5. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul Nguyen tell Renee when he comes to her door and what is Renee's response?
2. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
3. How does Renee give herself away as far as her intelligence to the new tenant?
4. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
5. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
6. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
7. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
8. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
9. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
10. What does Kakuro send Renee and what does she do?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)