|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee think people with good educations should do?
(a) Be responsible for their ideas.
(b) Do more than make money.
(c) Appreciate their opportunity for a good education.
(d) Dedicate their lives to making the world better.
2. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She trips on the floor mat.
(b) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
(c) She needs to use the bathroom.
(d) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
3. What surprises Manuela when she arrives at Renee's apartment?
(a) Renee is gone but Columbe is there.
(b) Renee has a black eye.
(c) Renee is crying.
(d) Paloma being there.
4. What conflict does Paloma witness?
(a) Between her mother and older sister.
(b) Between her father and mother.
(c) Between her mother and another woman at a sale.
(d) Between Renee and one of the tenants.
5. What happens in Chapter 16?
(a) Paloma continues her suicide preparations.
(b) The summer drought continues.
(c) Renee finds a kitten.
(d) The summer rains begin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is going on in the Arthens' former apartment?
2. Why does Renee wear a handkerchief to work?
3. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
4. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
5. What is Renee careful about as she walks to Kakuro's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
2. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
3. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
4. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
5. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
6. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
7. What does Manuela tell Renee about Kakuro's apartment, and what is Renee's response?
8. What does Paloma want of Renee when she comes to Renee's door at eight?
9. How does Renee obtain a dress for her date and what disturbs her about the dress?
10. What do Renee and Manuela discuss concerning Renee's upcoming dinner date?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)