|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paloma tell Renee Paloma knows about the woman?
(a) That Kakuro is sweet on Renee.
(b) That Kakuro is sweet on Manuela.
(c) That Renee is quite intelligent.
(d) That Renee is lonely.
2. About what is Manuela joyful?
(a) Getting a visa to go home.
(b) Seeing Renee happy.
(c) Planning a trip to Portugal.
(d) Quitting her job with Madame Pallieres.
3. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
(b) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
(c) She needs to use the bathroom.
(d) She trips on the floor mat.
4. Who is Paul Nguyen?
(a) Kakuro's assistant.
(b) Kakuro's cousin.
(c) Kakuro's nephew.
(d) Kakuro's son.
5. What does Renee think to herself about her interest in painting?
(a) She wishes she could paint.
(b) She wishes she could afford even reproductions of good art.
(c) She should dumb that down also.
(d) She wishes she were more up on modern artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 16?
2. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
3. Why is Manuela excited about being retained by Kakura?
4. What amazes Renee about her new hair style?
5. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)