|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Renee invite Paloma into her apartment?
(a) Paloma has a book in her hand Renee loves.
(b) She does not want to shut the door in Paloma's face.
(c) Paloma seemed to need to talk.
(d) Renee is lonely.
2. How does Renee feel before Kakuro?
(c) Like a little girl.
3. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
(a) Learn about Kakuro.
(b) Get her hair done.
(c) Get a pedicure.
(d) Get a facial.
4. Why is Paloma surprised that the new tenant wants to have tea with her mother?
(a) Because most of the tenents shun her mother.
(b) Because her mother's father was the commander in occupied Japan.
(c) Because her mother cannot speak English very well.
(d) Because her mother is black.
5. Why is Manuela excited about being retained by Kakura?
(a) He gave her raise.
(b) He has a good-looking cook about her age.
(c) He has few demands.
(d) He wants her to reside in his apartment complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
2. What does Renee find not up to her standards?
3. What does Paloma's mother ask Renee?
4. Why is Renee embarrassed?
5. What does Paloma tell Renee Paloma knows about the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
2. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle over her own parents?
3. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
4. With whom does Paloma have tea and how does she respond to the event?
5. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
6. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
7. What does Renee think of Kakuro's bathroom and what surprises her about it?
8. Why is Manuela happy about the new tenant?
9. What does Paloma want of Renee when she comes to Renee's door at eight?
10. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)