|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
(a) He finishes the quote.
(b) He tells her she has misquoted.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He frowns at her audacity.
2. What is Renee thinking about when someone knocks on her door?
(a) Having given herself away to Kakuro.
(b) How to redeem herself with Manuela.
(c) What to read for the evening.
(d) Learning to play bridge.
3. Who are Levin and Kitty?
(a) Paloma's cousins.
(b) Kakuro's cats.
(c) Brother and sister who come by the building every morning with the newspapers.
(d) The only other children in the building.
4. What does Paloma wonder what might be the true movement of the world?
(a) The sound of the ocean waves.
(b) Voices raised in song.
(c) Piano music.
(d) Hands clasping each other.
5. What does Paloma tell Renee Paloma knows about the woman?
(a) That Kakuro is sweet on Manuela.
(b) That Renee is quite intelligent.
(c) That Kakuro is sweet on Renee.
(d) That Renee is lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
2. What arrives for Columbe?
3. What does a courier deliver to Renee?
4. What conflict does Paloma witness?
5. What makes Paloma feel hope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paloma displease a teacher at her school?
2. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
3. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
4. What does Renee think is wrong with Columbe's thesis and why?
5. What happens when Renee goes to the cleaners to retrieve the beige dress?
6. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
7. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
8. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle over her own parents?
9. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
10. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)