|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
2. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As a drudge.
(b) As an aristocrat.
(c) As a base person.
(d) As a high-strung angel.
3. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
(a) Renee and the maintenance man.
(b) Renee and Manuela.
(c) Manuela and her husband.
(d) Manuela and a maid for the building next door.
4. What is Paloma watching with her father?
5. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(b) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
(c) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(d) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Renee never had?
2. What surprised Renee about her husband?
3. What was Arthens' son's problem?
4. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
5. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fight does Paloma describe between her mother and another woman?
2. Why does Chabrot come to Renee's apartment?
3. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
4. With whom does Paloma have tea and how does she respond to the event?
5. What note does Renee receive and what astounds her about the note?
6. How does Renee give herself away as far as her intelligence to the new tenant?
7. What does Paloma believe after hearing Renee's story?
8. What do Renee and Manuela discuss concerning Renee's upcoming dinner date?
9. What was Renee's marriage like?
10. Why does Paloma displease a teacher at her school?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)