|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
(b) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
(c) His wealthy outlook on life.
(d) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
2. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
(a) Out of the Blue.
(b) The Shining.
(c) Hunt for Red October.
(d) The Gods Must Be Crazy.
3. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As a drudge.
(b) As a high-strung angel.
(c) As an aristocrat.
(d) As a base person.
4. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
(a) A stray dog.
(b) Paloma crying.
(c) Arthens daughter.
(d) A stray cat.
5. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
2. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
3. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
4. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
5. Why of Paloma punished?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paloma decide to do after observing an interesting rugby player?
2. What do the Renee's clients believe about concierges and how does Renee try to project their image of the average concierge?
3. Describe Paloma.
4. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
5. What was Renee's marriage like?
6. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
7. What has Renee decided about phenomenology and how does she use Kant to come to this conclusion?
8. About whom do Renee and Manuela gossip when they are having tea?
9. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
10. What image does Renee have of concierges, and why was it easier for her to keep up her charade of the unintelligent concierge when her husband was alive?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)