|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ozu?
(a) A Japanese filmmaker.
(b) A Japanese diplomat who Renee meets at a coffee shop.
(c) A tenant in the building.
(d) An author Renee admires.
2. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
3. What surprised Renee about her husband?
(a) That he was interested in her.
(b) That he was so intelligent.
(c) That he was very eccentric.
(d) That he was rather kind.
4. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(a) The family's records.
(c) The family's Rolls.
(d) Her family's apartment.
5. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
(a) To break men's hearts.
(b) To crush Paloma.
(c) To prove her worth to their mother.
(d) To gain their mother's attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Arthens' son's problem?
2. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
3. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
4. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
5. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Renee Michel.
2. Why does Chabrot come to Renee's apartment?
3. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
4. What does Paloma believe about life and why?
5. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
6. What note does Renee receive and what astounds her about the note?
7. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
8. What is one of Renee's favorite movie and why?
9. What does Paloma notice about one of the rugby players?
10. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)