Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
(a) People are kinder to her.
(b) She is not as busy.
(c) She is much busier.
(d) It causes her to reflect on the meaning of life.
2. Who is Manuela?
(a) A maid in a motel.
(b) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(c) Renee's friend.
(d) Paloma's friend.
3. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
(a) To crush Paloma.
(b) To prove her worth to their mother.
(c) To gain their mother's attention.
(d) To break men's hearts.
4. Who is Neptune?
(a) Manuela's Macaw.
(b) Madame de Broglie's cat.
(c) A cat that lives in the alleyway near Renee's work.
(d) Madame de Broglie's dog.
5. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
2. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
3. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
4. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
5. How does Renee think of Manuela?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul Nguyen tell Renee when he comes to her door and what is Renee's response?
2. What do the Renee's clients believe about concierges and how does Renee try to project their image of the average concierge?
3. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
4. Why does Jean Arthens visit Renee?
5. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
6. What causes Renee to reflect on the meaning of life and what is her conclusion?
7. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
8. What do Renee and Manuela discuss concerning Renee's upcoming dinner date?
9. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist and what fascinates her about him?
10. What image does Renee have of concierges, and why was it easier for her to keep up her charade of the unintelligent concierge when her husband was alive?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)