|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
(a) Run away.
(b) Move to Canada.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Tell her father she wants to go away to boarding school.
2. Who is Manuela?
(a) Renee's friend.
(b) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(c) Paloma's friend.
(d) A maid in a motel.
3. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(b) Play rugby.
(c) Meet an intelligent poor person.
(d) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
4. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(a) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
(c) Grab the same piece of meat.
5. What was Renee's husband like?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) A brilliant biologist.
(c) A dull, insipid man.
(d) A common man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
2. What does Renee feel art does?
3. What was Arthens' son's problem?
4. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
5. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Renee crossing the street and what happens?
2. About whom do Renee and Manuela gossip when they are having tea?
3. What does Renee do when a package comes for Columbe?
4. What does Paloma feel and think when she hears her school choir singing?
5. What does Paloma decide to do after observing an interesting rugby player?
6. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle over her own parents?
7. What does Paloma hear at a dinner party and what does it make her think?
8. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
9. What does Renee think of Kakuro's bathroom and what surprises her about it?
10. What filmmaker has Renee recently been introduced to and which film does she like of his and why?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)