|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
(a) It is nonsense.
(b) It is brilliant.
(c) It is easy to understand but difficult to see any practical applications.
(d) It is confusing but has merit.
2. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
(a) The Gods Must Be Crazy.
(b) Out of the Blue.
(c) Hunt for Red October.
(d) The Shining.
3. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was a lunatic.
(b) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(c) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(d) That Marx was deluded.
4. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Ugly and useless.
(b) Beautiful but helpless.
(c) Friendly but bites.
(d) Ugly but necessary.
5. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(a) The family's records.
(c) The family's Rolls.
(d) Her family's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
2. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
3. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
4. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
5. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
2. What does Renee say when the son of a tenant in the building says something to Renee about Marx?
3. Who stops to ask Renee something when she and Manuela are talking and what is Renee's feelings about it?
4. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
5. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
6. What was Renee's marriage like?
7. What has Renee decided about phenomenology and how does she use Kant to come to this conclusion?
8. What does Paloma hear at a dinner party and what does it make her think?
9. What filmmaker has Renee recently been introduced to and which film does she like of his and why?
10. About whom do Renee and Manuela gossip when they are having tea?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)