|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
(b) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
(c) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
(d) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
2. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(b) Uplifts a dreary life.
(c) Gives meaning to life.
(d) Provides an escape.
3. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
4. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
(a) That he is going to hell.
(b) That he is kind.
(c) That he is not really dying.
(d) That he is a bad man.
5. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
(a) A baker.
(b) A tram operator.
(c) A concierge.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee love to do?
2. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
3. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
4. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
5. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
2. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
3. What filmmaker has Renee recently been introduced to and which film does she like of his and why?
4. What was Renee's marriage like?
5. What note does Renee receive and what astounds her about the note?
6. What causes Renee to reflect on the meaning of life and what is her conclusion?
7. What does Paloma decide to do after observing an interesting rugby player?
8. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
9. Who is Manuela and what does she want to do?
10. What way did Paloma consider suicide and what why does she finally settle upon in her mind?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)