|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
2. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
3. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
(a) For her to run down the street for him.
(b) For her to bring him a package when it's delivered.
(c) For her to put a boot cleaner in the lobby.
(d) For her to show him how to cook eggs.
4. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
(a) To prove her worth to their mother.
(b) To gain their mother's attention.
(c) To crush Paloma.
(d) To break men's hearts.
5. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was a lunatic.
(b) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(c) That Marx was deluded.
(d) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
2. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
3. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
4. What does Pierre do?
5. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Renee decided about phenomenology and how does she use Kant to come to this conclusion?
2. What does Paloma decide to do after observing an interesting rugby player?
3. What note does Renee receive and what astounds her about the note?
4. What does Renee say when the son of a tenant in the building says something to Renee about Marx?
5. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
6. What was Renee's marriage like?
7. What does Paloma believe about life and why?
8. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
9. When and why does Renee's formal education end?
10. What does Paloma hear at a dinner party and what does it make her think?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)