|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
(a) Where Renee lives.
(b) Where Renee works.
(c) Where Renee once witnessed a murder.
(d) Where all the intelligentsia gather.
2. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
3. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
(b) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(c) The bad grammar.
(d) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
4. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
(a) Paloma tells the speaker how she feels.
(c) A profound thought.
(d) Many people agree with the ridiculous statement.
5. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
(a) As though she is his servant.
(b) As though she is unintelligent.
(c) As though she reads minds.
(d) As though he is flirting with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
2. What does Paloma realize about words?
3. What does Renee follow up on to distract the young man?
4. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
5. What breed is Athena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
2. What image does Renee have of concierges, and why was it easier for her to keep up her charade of the unintelligent concierge when her husband was alive?
3. Describe Renee Michel.
4. Who stops to ask Renee something when she and Manuela are talking and what is Renee's feelings about it?
5. What way did Paloma consider suicide and what why does she finally settle upon in her mind?
6. What do the Renee's clients believe about concierges and how does Renee try to project their image of the average concierge?
7. What does Paloma decide to do after observing an interesting rugby player?
8. What was Renee's marriage like?
9. Describe Olympe.
10. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)