|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
(b) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
(c) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
(d) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
2. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
(a) The Cossacks.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) The Power of Darkness.
3. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
(a) Dancing in high heels.
(b) Running for a taxi.
(c) Tripping on the lobby carpet.
(d) Separating Athena and Neptune.
4. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
(a) He was very intelligent.
(b) He was cruel.
(c) He was spoiled.
(d) He was kind.
5. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She does not want to suffer.
(b) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
(c) She hates all things from the Orient.
(d) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee love to do?
2. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
3. Who is Manuela?
4. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
5. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Manuela and what does she want to do?
2. What note does Renee receive and what astounds her about the note?
3. What has Renee decided about phenomenology and how does she use Kant to come to this conclusion?
4. What image does Renee have of concierges, and why was it easier for her to keep up her charade of the unintelligent concierge when her husband was alive?
5. How does Madame de Broglie injure her ankle?
6. What does Renee say when the son of a tenant in the building says something to Renee about Marx?
7. What causes Renee to reflect on the meaning of life and what is her conclusion?
8. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
9. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
10. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)