|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Manuela.
(b) A friend of Renee.
(c) A friend of Paloma.
(d) A resident in the building where Renee works.
2. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(b) Provides an escape.
(c) Gives meaning to life.
(d) Uplifts a dreary life.
3. Who is Manuela?
(a) Renee's friend.
(b) Paloma's friend.
(c) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(d) A maid in a motel.
4. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
(a) Run away.
(b) Move to Canada.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Tell her father she wants to go away to boarding school.
5. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read The German Ideology.
(b) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(c) To read some Nietzsche.
(d) To read Kant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
2. What does Renee follow up on to distract the young man?
3. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
4. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
5. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Renee Michel.
2. Who is Manuela and what does she want to do?
3. What was Renee's marriage like?
4. Why does Chabrot come to Renee's apartment?
5. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
6. Who stops to ask Renee something when she and Manuela are talking and what is Renee's feelings about it?
7. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
8. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
9. When and why does Renee's formal education end?
10. What filmmaker has Renee recently been introduced to and which film does she like of his and why?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)