|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(b) As a perfect fit.
(c) As too refined.
(d) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
2. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
(a) Works on the family farm.
(b) Gets married.
(c) Works where she is working now.
(d) Trains as a vet assistant.
3. How is Neptune described?
(c) Sad and deprived.
4. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(b) The bad grammar.
(c) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(d) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
5. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Manuela work?
2. Who is Neptune?
3. Who is Pierre Arthens?
4. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
5. What has Renee never had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What way did Paloma consider suicide and what why does she finally settle upon in her mind?
2. About whom do Renee and Manuela gossip when they are having tea?
3. Describe Renee Michel.
4. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
5. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
6. What note does Renee receive and what astounds her about the note?
7. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
8. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
9. What does Paloma notice about one of the rugby players?
10. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)