|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee reply to Arthens' son's question?
(c) She has no idea and maybe he should stop using it.
(d) She does not have the education to qualify for a different job.
2. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She does not want to suffer.
(b) She hates all things from the Orient.
(c) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
(d) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
3. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As a base person.
(b) As a high-strung angel.
(c) As an aristocrat.
(d) As a drudge.
4. What surprised Renee about her husband?
(a) That he was rather kind.
(b) That he was interested in her.
(c) That he was so intelligent.
(d) That he was very eccentric.
5. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
(a) Her cousin has a bit part in it.
(b) It was the last one she saw with her mother before she died.
(c) She read the book and had predicted it would become a successful movie.
(d) It was the last one she saw with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
2. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
3. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
4. Who is Pierre Arthens?
5. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
2. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
3. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
4. Describe Renee Michel.
5. What is one of Renee's favorite movie and why?
6. Why does Chabrot come to Renee's apartment?
7. What does Renee say when the son of a tenant in the building says something to Renee about Marx?
8. Who stops to ask Renee something when she and Manuela are talking and what is Renee's feelings about it?
9. What way did Paloma consider suicide and what why does she finally settle upon in her mind?
10. About whom do Renee and Manuela gossip when they are having tea?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)