|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
(a) Occasionally excited.
(d) Mildly interested.
2. What is Paloma watching with her father?
3. What surprised Renee about her husband?
(a) That he was very eccentric.
(b) That he was so intelligent.
(c) That he was interested in her.
(d) That he was rather kind.
4. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
(b) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
(c) His wealthy outlook on life.
(d) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
5. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(a) The family's Rolls.
(c) Her family's apartment.
(d) The family's records.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paloma believe about life?
2. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
3. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
4. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
5. Why is Renee fond of The Munekata Sisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
2. What does Paloma believe about life and why?
3. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
4. What way did Paloma consider suicide and what why does she finally settle upon in her mind?
5. What image does Renee have of concierges, and why was it easier for her to keep up her charade of the unintelligent concierge when her husband was alive?
6. What do the Renee's clients believe about concierges and how does Renee try to project their image of the average concierge?
7. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
8. What does Renee say when the son of a tenant in the building says something to Renee about Marx?
9. What is one of Renee's favorite movie and why?
10. When and why does Renee's formal education end?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)