|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(b) Gives meaning to life.
(c) Provides an escape.
(d) Uplifts a dreary life.
2. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
(a) Haruki Marakami.
(b) Michael Connelly.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
3. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(a) The family's records.
(c) The family's Rolls.
(d) Her family's apartment.
4. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Renee.
(b) A friend of Manuela.
(c) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(d) A friend of Paloma.
5. Who is Manuela?
(a) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(b) Renee's friend.
(c) Paloma's friend.
(d) A maid in a motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paloma believe about life?
2. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
3. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
4. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
5. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Renee to reflect on the meaning of life and what is her conclusion?
2. Describe Paloma.
3. What filmmaker has Renee recently been introduced to and which film does she like of his and why?
4. What is one of Renee's favorite movie and why?
5. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
6. What image does Renee have of concierges, and why was it easier for her to keep up her charade of the unintelligent concierge when her husband was alive?
7. What does Paloma notice about one of the rugby players?
8. Describe Renee Michel.
9. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
10. Who is Manuela and what does she want to do?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)