|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 months.
2. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
(b) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(c) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(d) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
3. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
4. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
5. What surprised Renee about her husband?
(a) That he was interested in her.
(b) That he was very eccentric.
(c) That he was rather kind.
(d) That he was so intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
2. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
3. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
4. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
5. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
2. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
3. What does Paloma decide to do after observing an interesting rugby player?
4. What does Paloma notice about one of the rugby players?
5. What was Renee's marriage like?
6. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
7. What note does Renee receive and what astounds her about the note?
8. Who is Manuela and what does she want to do?
9. What image does Renee have of concierges, and why was it easier for her to keep up her charade of the unintelligent concierge when her husband was alive?
10. Why does Chabrot come to Renee's apartment?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)