|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) They are extremely interesting.
(b) They are dying.
(c) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
(d) They are entitled.
2. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(b) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(c) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
(d) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
3. For whom does Manuela work?
(a) She does not have a job.
(b) At a small art museum.
(c) She works for herself.
(d) Several families in Renee's building.
4. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
(b) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(c) As too refined.
(d) As a perfect fit.
5. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Manuela.
(b) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(c) A friend of Renee.
(d) A friend of Paloma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
2. What does Renee love to do?
3. Where is Manuela from?
4. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
5. What is Paloma watching with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paloma believe about life and why?
2. What is one of Renee's favorite movie and why?
3. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
4. Describe Paloma.
5. What do the Renee's clients believe about concierges and how does Renee try to project their image of the average concierge?
6. Describe Olympe.
7. What does Paloma hear at a dinner party and what does it make her think?
8. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
9. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
10. What causes Renee to reflect on the meaning of life and what is her conclusion?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)