|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
(a) It is nonsense.
(b) It is brilliant.
(c) It is easy to understand but difficult to see any practical applications.
(d) It is confusing but has merit.
2. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(b) Uplifts a dreary life.
(c) Provides an escape.
(d) Gives meaning to life.
3. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
4. What does Paloma believe about life?
(a) It can be good for a few seconds now and then.
(b) It is a constant battle.
(c) It is a nightmare from which one wakes at death.
(d) It is exhilarating.
5. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(b) A friend of Paloma.
(c) A friend of Manuela.
(d) A friend of Renee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
2. Why of Paloma punished?
3. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
4. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
5. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paloma hear at a dinner party and what does it make her think?
2. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
3. What causes Renee to reflect on the meaning of life and what is her conclusion?
4. What does Paloma believe about life and why?
5. Describe Renee Michel.
6. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
7. How does Madame de Broglie injure her ankle?
8. What has Renee decided about phenomenology and how does she use Kant to come to this conclusion?
9. Describe Paloma.
10. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)