|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As a drudge.
(b) As a base person.
(c) As a high-strung angel.
(d) As an aristocrat.
2. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
(a) Paloma tells the speaker how she feels.
(c) Many people agree with the ridiculous statement.
(d) A profound thought.
3. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
(a) Where Renee lives.
(b) Where Renee works.
(c) Where Renee once witnessed a murder.
(d) Where all the intelligentsia gather.
4. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
(a) As though she is unintelligent.
(b) As though he is flirting with her.
(c) As though she reads minds.
(d) As though she is his servant.
5. What breed is Athena?
(a) Cocker spaniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
2. Who is Manuela?
3. What has Renee never had?
4. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
5. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What filmmaker has Renee recently been introduced to and which film does she like of his and why?
2. Who stops to ask Renee something when she and Manuela are talking and what is Renee's feelings about it?
3. Who is Manuela and what does she want to do?
4. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
5. What does Paloma hear at a dinner party and what does it make her think?
6. What has Renee decided about phenomenology and how does she use Kant to come to this conclusion?
7. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
8. What does Paloma believe about life and why?
9. What was Renee's marriage like?
10. What way did Paloma consider suicide and what why does she finally settle upon in her mind?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)