|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Manuela work?
(a) At a small art museum.
(b) She works for herself.
(c) She does not have a job.
(d) Several families in Renee's building.
2. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Cossacks.
(c) The Power of Darkness.
(d) Anna Karenina.
3. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
(a) He is going into the hospital.
(b) He is ill and will be indisposed for a couple weeks.
(c) He is moving.
(d) He is dying.
4. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
(a) He was very intelligent.
(b) He was cruel.
(c) He was spoiled.
(d) He was kind.
5. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
(d) Close scrutiny by others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
2. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
3. How does Renee characterize that dog?
4. To whom does Athena belong?
5. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paloma hear at a dinner party and what does it make her think?
2. How does Madame de Broglie injure her ankle?
3. What has Renee decided about phenomenology and how does she use Kant to come to this conclusion?
4. What do the Renee's clients believe about concierges and how does Renee try to project their image of the average concierge?
5. Why does Chabrot come to Renee's apartment?
6. Describe Paloma.
7. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
8. Where does Renee work; how long has she worked there, and what are her clients like?
9. What does Paloma notice about one of the rugby players?
10. Who stops to ask Renee something when she and Manuela are talking and what is Renee's feelings about it?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)