|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee love about the world?
(b) Her small circle of close friends.
(d) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
2. How old is Paloma Josse?
3. What does Renee reply to Arthens' son's question?
(a) She does not have the education to qualify for a different job.
(d) She has no idea and maybe he should stop using it.
4. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
(a) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
(b) Michael Connelly.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) Haruki Marakami.
5. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Cossacks.
(c) The Power of Darkness.
(d) Anna Karenina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
2. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
3. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
4. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
5. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Renee as she enters Kakuro's apartment and what does that make her consider?
2. How does Renee obtain a dress for her date and what disturbs her about the dress?
3. What way did Paloma consider suicide and what why does she finally settle upon in her mind?
4. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
5. What does Renee say about her sister?
6. Why does Jean Arthens visit Renee?
7. How does Madame de Broglie injure her ankle?
8. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
9. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
10. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)