|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
(c) A controlling mother.
(d) Below average looks.
2. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(b) Words are useless.
(c) It is words that have power, not deeds.
(d) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
3. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
(a) Why she would work there when she was so smart.
(b) The name of her cat.
(c) The name of some flowers.
(d) Where he could buy some cocaine.
4. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
5. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
2. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
3. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
4. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
5. Why of Paloma punished?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chabrot come to Renee's apartment?
2. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
3. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
4. When and why does Renee's formal education end?
5. How does Madame de Broglie injure her ankle?
6. About whom do Renee and Manuela gossip when they are having tea?
7. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
8. What does Renee say when the son of a tenant in the building says something to Renee about Marx?
9. What is one of Renee's favorite movie and why?
10. What filmmaker has Renee recently been introduced to and which film does she like of his and why?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)