|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
(a) Separating Athena and Neptune.
(b) Tripping on the lobby carpet.
(c) Dancing in high heels.
(d) Running for a taxi.
2. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
(a) It is brilliant.
(b) It is easy to understand but difficult to see any practical applications.
(c) It is confusing but has merit.
(d) It is nonsense.
3. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
(b) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(c) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(d) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
4. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
(a) It's not the one people perceive.
(b) It is terribly sad.
(c) It is terribly constricted.
(d) It is pretty much the same as how people perceive her.
5. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
(b) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(c) The bad grammar.
(d) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
2. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
3. What is one way Renee plays to her clients' prejudice?
4. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
5. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Renee's educational background and who fostered her desire to learn?
2. How does the young man who mentions Marx react to Renee's suggestion, and what is Renee's response?
3. Describe Paloma.
4. What does Paloma believe about life and why?
5. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
6. How does Madame de Broglie injure her ankle?
7. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
8. Who is Manuela and what does she want to do?
9. What is one of Renee's favorite movie and why?
10. What does Paloma think is important to her mother and what does she say about her mother?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)