|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Manuela work?
(a) She works for herself.
(b) Several families in Renee's building.
(c) At a small art museum.
(d) She does not have a job.
2. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) To be rebellious.
(b) To build up her brain cells.
(c) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
(d) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
3. Who is Neptune?
(a) Madame de Broglie's cat.
(b) Manuela's Macaw.
(c) Madame de Broglie's dog.
(d) A cat that lives in the alleyway near Renee's work.
4. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
(a) She read the book and had predicted it would become a successful movie.
(b) Her cousin has a bit part in it.
(c) It was the last one she saw with her husband.
(d) It was the last one she saw with her mother before she died.
5. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Paloma Josse?
2. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
3. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
4. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
5. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why does Renee's formal education end?
2. What does Paloma Josse believe her future will be like and how does she plan to avoid that future?
3. What image does Renee have of concierges, and why was it easier for her to keep up her charade of the unintelligent concierge when her husband was alive?
4. How does Madame de Broglie injure her ankle?
5. What was Renee's marriage like?
6. What does Paloma decide to do after observing an interesting rugby player?
7. What does Paloma notice about one of the rugby players?
8. About whom do Renee and Manuela gossip when they are having tea?
9. What is one of Renee's favorite movie and why?
10. Who stops to ask Renee something when she and Manuela are talking and what is Renee's feelings about it?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)