|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Neptune?
(a) Manuela's Macaw.
(b) Madame de Broglie's dog.
(c) Madame de Broglie's cat.
(d) A cat that lives in the alleyway near Renee's work.
2. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(b) The bad grammar.
(c) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(d) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
3. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
(c) She married well.
4. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
(b) They are extremely interesting.
(c) They are entitled.
(d) They are dying.
5. What does Renee follow up on to distract the young man?
(a) For him to say hello to his mother.
(b) For him to have a good time walking the dog.
(c) For him to talk to a man on the third floor.
(d) For him to enjoy the beautiful day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
2. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
3. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
4. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
5. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chabrot come to Renee's apartment?
2. What does Kakuro want when he comes to Renee's apartment, and what is her response?
3. What does Paloma find interesting about the new tenant as concerns her mother?
4. What was Renee's marriage like?
5. Why does Paloma displease a teacher at her school?
6. What does Paloma want of Renee when she comes to Renee's door at eight?
7. What causes Renee to reflect on the meaning of life and what is her conclusion?
8. Why is Renee crossing the street and what happens?
9. What does Renee think about art in Chapters 10 and 11?
10. How does Renee give herself away as far as her intelligence to the new tenant?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)