|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Renee a little about the dress Manuela borrows for her?
(a) It seems a little revealing.
(b) It isvery expensive.
(c) It was made for a woman who is now deceased.
(d) It seems to flashy.
2. About what is Manuela joyful?
(a) Planning a trip to Portugal.
(b) Getting a visa to go home.
(c) Quitting her job with Madame Pallieres.
(d) Seeing Renee happy.
3. What book does Kakuro give Renee?
(a) An expensive copy of Barbet.
(b) An expensive copy of A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) An expensive copy of Anna Karenina.
(d) An expensive copy of Middlemarch.
4. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
(b) She trips on the floor mat.
(c) She needs to use the bathroom.
(d) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
5. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
(a) Visit the art museum.
(b) Watch The Munekata Sisters.
(c) Take Paloma on an outing.
(d) Go to the Japanese Tea Gardens.
6. What does Paloma wonder what might be the true movement of the world?
(a) Voices raised in song.
(b) The sound of the ocean waves.
(c) Hands clasping each other.
(d) Piano music.
7. Who is Paul Nguyen?
(a) Kakuro's assistant.
(b) Kakuro's cousin.
(c) Kakuro's son.
(d) Kakuro's nephew.
8. What overwhelms Paloma?
(a) Seeing Kakuro in traditional Japanese dress.
(b) Seeing Renee all dressed up.
(c) Hearing Kakuro play the piano.
(d) The sound of the school's choir in concert.
9. How does Renee feel before Kakuro?
(a) Like a little girl.
10. What does Renee do in response to the gift?
(a) Goes and knocks on Kakuro's door.
(b) Writes a thank you note right away.
(c) Nothing yet.
(d) Sends the book back.
11. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) It has no heavy-style furniture.
(b) It has no carpets.
(c) There is nothing superfluous.
(d) It is painted in shades of white.
12. Who is Yoko?
(a) Paloma's school friend.
(b) Paloma's cousin's maid.
(c) Kakuro's great-niece.
(d) Kakuro's granddaughter.
13. What does Renee think about concerning art?
(a) Its way of soothing stress.
(b) Its incongruence.
(c) Its inconsistency.
(d) Its ability to heal.
14. What fascinates Renee about Kakuro?
(a) He is Japanese.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is pleasant to her.
(d) He is over six feet tall.
15. What does Renee think about what Columbe has focused upon in her work?
(a) Columbe has focused on the wrong things.
(b) Columbe has totally missed the point and the writing is invalid.
(c) Columbe's priviledged upbringing has given her a narrow perspective.
(d) Columbe has focused upon the weaker argument, which waters down the effect of the writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee find not up to her standards?
2. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
3. From what book does Renee quote after meeting Kakuro?
4. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist?
5. Why does Paloma prefer her aunt and uncle to her own parents?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)