|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Paloma and Kakuro decide to do?
(a) Walk in the park daily together.
(b) Become friends.
(c) Read and discuss a book a week.
(d) Find out who Renee really is.
2. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
(a) Take care of Renee's cat.
(b) Help Paloma.
(c) Contact Paloma's mother.
(d) Make pastries.
3. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
(a) His eyes are two different colors.
(b) He does not seem to move even when he talks.
(c) His hands are smaller than Paloma's hands.
(d) He has a bald spot on the side of his head.
4. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
(b) A poem.
5. What fascinates Renee about Kakuro?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is over six feet tall.
(c) He is pleasant to her.
(d) He is Japanese.
6. What surprises Manuela when she arrives at Renee's apartment?
(a) Renee has a black eye.
(b) Paloma being there.
(c) Renee is crying.
(d) Renee is gone but Columbe is there.
7. Who is Yoko?
(a) Paloma's school friend.
(b) Paloma's cousin's maid.
(c) Kakuro's great-niece.
(d) Kakuro's granddaughter.
8. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He tells her she has misquoted.
(c) He finishes the quote.
(d) He frowns at her audacity.
9. Who is Marguerite?
(a) Paloma's cousin.
(b) Renee's niece.
(c) Paloma's friend.
(d) The dressmaker.
10. Why does Paloma threaten to spread rumors about the therapist?
(a) To provoke him into making Paloma leave.
(b) To see if he is able to read her well.
(c) To see if he is a good therapist.
(d) To get him to move.
11. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
(a) Visit the art museum.
(b) Watch The Munekata Sisters.
(c) Go to the Japanese Tea Gardens.
(d) Take Paloma on an outing.
12. What does Renee find not up to her standards?
(a) The curriculum that Paloma wants to study next semester.
(b) The new decorations in the lobby.
(c) Paloma's own poetry.
(d) Columbe's master's thesis.
13. What amazes Renee about her new hair style?
(a) It is simple yet elegant.
(b) It bespeaks a woman of taste.
(c) It seems so chic.
(d) It is so fluffy.
14. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
(a) Her love of the outdoors.
(b) Having young children still at home.
(c) Her politics.
(d) Her religion.
15. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) It is painted in shades of white.
(b) There is nothing superfluous.
(c) It has no carpets.
(d) It has no heavy-style furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
2. What does Renee think about as far as at in chapter 11?
3. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
4. What surprises Manuela when she and Renee are talking about Renee's upcoming dinner date?
5. What does Renee tell Columbe?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)