|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee think people with good educations should do?
(a) Appreciate their opportunity for a good education.
(b) Be responsible for their ideas.
(c) Dedicate their lives to making the world better.
(d) Do more than make money.
2. What does Jacinthe Rosen do for Renee?
(a) Introduces her to the new tenent in the building.
(b) Push for a raise.
(c) Give her a gift certificate.
(d) Push for better benefits.
3. What does a courier deliver to Renee?
(a) An invitation.
(b) An expensive book.
(c) A pair of tickets.
(d) A small cat statue.
4. What wakes Renee early the next morning?
(a) A crash.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A knock on her door.
(d) A scream.
5. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
(a) Take Paloma on an outing.
(b) Watch The Munekata Sisters.
(c) Go to the Japanese Tea Gardens.
(d) Visit the art museum.
6. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
(a) The painting in the entryway.
(b) The haiku poem he gives her.
(c) The tapestry hanging in the entryway.
(d) The way the Japanese value austerity.
7. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
(a) Get her hair done.
(b) Get a pedicure.
(c) Learn about Kakuro.
(d) Get a facial.
8. Who is Marguerite?
(a) The dressmaker.
(b) Paloma's cousin.
(c) Renee's niece.
(d) Paloma's friend.
9. What is Renee thinking about when someone knocks on her door?
(a) Having given herself away to Kakuro.
(b) Learning to play bridge.
(c) How to redeem herself with Manuela.
(d) What to read for the evening.
10. What does Paloma request of Renee?
(a) That Renee let Paloma hid in Renee's apartment.
(b) That Renee come talk to Kakuro.
(c) That an expected letter be delivered as soon as it comes.
(d) That Renee babysit Paloma's cat.
11. What fascinates Renee about Kakuro?
(a) He is pleasant to her.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is over six feet tall.
(d) He is Japanese.
12. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
(a) Her religion.
(b) Having young children still at home.
(c) Her politics.
(d) Her love of the outdoors.
13. About what is Manuela joyful?
(a) Quitting her job with Madame Pallieres.
(b) Planning a trip to Portugal.
(c) Getting a visa to go home.
(d) Seeing Renee happy.
14. Who is Yoko?
(a) Kakuro's granddaughter.
(b) Paloma's school friend.
(c) Paloma's cousin's maid.
(d) Kakuro's great-niece.
15. Who calls Kakuro?
(a) His mother.
(b) His son.
(c) His broker.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one topic Renee and Kakuro discuss over dinner?
2. What is Renee careful about as she walks to Kakuro's apartment?
3. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist?
4. Why does Paloma threaten to spread rumors about the therapist?
5. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)