|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
(a) Get a facial.
(b) Get her hair done.
(c) Get a pedicure.
(d) Learn about Kakuro.
2. What does Renee do in response to the gift?
(a) Goes and knocks on Kakuro's door.
(b) Sends the book back.
(c) Writes a thank you note right away.
(d) Nothing yet.
3. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
(a) Contact Paloma's mother.
(b) Make pastries.
(c) Help Paloma.
(d) Take care of Renee's cat.
4. With what is Paloma's cousin born?
(a) A hole in her heart.
(b) A cleft palette.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
(d) Down's syndrome.
5. What does Renee tell Columbe?
(a) To call the concierge that is on duty.
(b) That the concierge's loge is not open until 8.
(c) That she should call the police.
(d) That a phone call is as bad as Colombe coming to the door and knocking.
6. Who calls Kakuro?
(a) His mother.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His broker.
7. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
(a) His hands are smaller than Paloma's hands.
(b) He does not seem to move even when he talks.
(c) His eyes are two different colors.
(d) He has a bald spot on the side of his head.
8. Why is Columbe been driving Paloma crazy?
(a) In bad mouthing the new tenant.
(b) In talking about Columbe's trip to Venice.
(c) In taunting her about her trip to see the therapist.
(d) In saying she will recommend their mother not let Paloma be with Kakuro.
9. What arrives for Columbe?
(a) A letter from a beau.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A dress.
(d) Her master's thesis.
10. What does Renee think about concerning art?
(a) Its ability to heal.
(b) Its incongruence.
(c) Its way of soothing stress.
(d) Its inconsistency.
11. What bothers Renee a little about the dress Manuela borrows for her?
(a) It seems a little revealing.
(b) It seems to flashy.
(c) It was made for a woman who is now deceased.
(d) It isvery expensive.
12. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
(a) A tapestry from 1300s Japan.
(b) A Japanese music box.
(c) Two crossed Samurai swords.
(d) A reproduction of one of Renee's favorite paintings.
13. What does Paloma tell Renee Paloma knows about the woman?
(a) That Renee is lonely.
(b) That Kakuro is sweet on Manuela.
(c) That Kakuro is sweet on Renee.
(d) That Renee is quite intelligent.
14. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
(a) Her religion.
(b) Having young children still at home.
(c) Her love of the outdoors.
(d) Her politics.
15. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
(a) He finishes the quote.
(b) He tells her she has misquoted.
(c) He frowns at her audacity.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conflict does Paloma witness?
2. What does Renee find not up to her standards?
3. Who is Marguerite?
4. What is Renee careful about as she walks to Kakuro's apartment?
5. What surprises Manuela when she and Renee are talking about Renee's upcoming dinner date?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)