|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives for Columbe?
(a) A dress.
(b) A letter from a beau.
(c) Her master's thesis.
(d) A telegram.
2. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
(a) The tapestry hanging in the entryway.
(b) The painting in the entryway.
(c) The haiku poem he gives her.
(d) The way the Japanese value austerity.
3. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
(a) Visit the art museum.
(b) Watch The Munekata Sisters.
(c) Go to the Japanese Tea Gardens.
(d) Take Paloma on an outing.
4. What does Renee think about as far as at in chapter 11?
(a) The purpose of art.
(b) The way so many people no longer care about art.
(c) The ease with which so many artists create art.
(d) The way the value of art has changed over the years.
5. What fascinates Renee about Kakuro?
(a) He is over six feet tall.
(b) He is Japanese.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is pleasant to her.
6. Who is Paul Nguyen?
(a) Kakuro's son.
(b) Kakuro's assistant.
(c) Kakuro's cousin.
(d) Kakuro's nephew.
7. What discussion takes place at Renee's apartment?
(a) The reason the average person resents the wealthy.
(b) The differences between French and English cultures.
(c) The difference between and good and bad death.
(d) The differences between film and literature.
8. Who joins Renee and Manuela for tea?
(d) Paloma's mother.
9. What does Renee find not up to her standards?
(a) Columbe's master's thesis.
(b) The curriculum that Paloma wants to study next semester.
(c) The new decorations in the lobby.
(d) Paloma's own poetry.
10. Who is Yoko?
(a) Kakuro's granddaughter.
(b) Kakuro's great-niece.
(c) Paloma's school friend.
(d) Paloma's cousin's maid.
11. What makes Paloma feel hope?
(a) Her mother giving her a sincere hug.
(b) A realization about where life can take her.
(c) Meeting Kakuro.
(d) Realizing Renee is not who she implies she is.
12. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
(a) Help Paloma.
(b) Make pastries.
(c) Contact Paloma's mother.
(d) Take care of Renee's cat.
13. What does Paloma tell Renee Paloma knows about the woman?
(a) That Renee is lonely.
(b) That Kakuro is sweet on Manuela.
(c) That Renee is quite intelligent.
(d) That Kakuro is sweet on Renee.
14. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
(a) He finishes the quote.
(b) He tells her she has misquoted.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He frowns at her audacity.
15. Why is Columbe been driving Paloma crazy?
(a) In taunting her about her trip to see the therapist.
(b) In bad mouthing the new tenant.
(c) In saying she will recommend their mother not let Paloma be with Kakuro.
(d) In talking about Columbe's trip to Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Renee about her new hair style?
2. What overwhelms Paloma?
3. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
4. What is Renee thinking about when someone knocks on her door?
5. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)