|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Levin and Kitty?
(a) Brother and sister who come by the building every morning with the newspapers.
(b) Paloma's cousins.
(c) Kakuro's cats.
(d) The only other children in the building.
2. What does Renee do in response to the gift?
(a) Sends the book back.
(b) Writes a thank you note right away.
(c) Nothing yet.
(d) Goes and knocks on Kakuro's door.
3. What amazes Renee about her new hair style?
(a) It is so fluffy.
(b) It bespeaks a woman of taste.
(c) It seems so chic.
(d) It is simple yet elegant.
4. From what book does Renee quote after meeting Kakuro?
(a) Hunt for Red October.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(d) War and Peace.
5. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She needs to use the bathroom.
(b) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
(c) She trips on the floor mat.
(d) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
6. What do Paloma and Kakuro decide to do?
(a) Become friends.
(b) Read and discuss a book a week.
(c) Find out who Renee really is.
(d) Walk in the park daily together.
7. What does Renee think about what Columbe has focused upon in her work?
(a) Columbe has focused upon the weaker argument, which waters down the effect of the writing.
(b) Columbe has focused on the wrong things.
(c) Columbe's priviledged upbringing has given her a narrow perspective.
(d) Columbe has totally missed the point and the writing is invalid.
8. What bothers Renee a little about the dress Manuela borrows for her?
(a) It seems to flashy.
(b) It was made for a woman who is now deceased.
(c) It isvery expensive.
(d) It seems a little revealing.
9. Who joins Renee and Manuela for tea?
(b) Paloma's mother.
10. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist?
(a) To prove to the therapist that her daughter has problems.
(b) To show the therapist that she could raise a good daughter.
(c) Because of a comment Paloma makes.
(d) To have the therapist explain about her mother's illness.
11. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
(a) He tells her she has misquoted.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He frowns at her audacity.
(d) He finishes the quote.
12. What does Renee find not up to her standards?
(a) Paloma's own poetry.
(b) The new decorations in the lobby.
(c) Columbe's master's thesis.
(d) The curriculum that Paloma wants to study next semester.
13. Who calls Kakuro?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His broker.
14. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
(a) Watch The Munekata Sisters.
(b) Go to the Japanese Tea Gardens.
(c) Visit the art museum.
(d) Take Paloma on an outing.
15. What does a courier deliver to Renee?
(a) An expensive book.
(b) A pair of tickets.
(c) An invitation.
(d) A small cat statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
2. What is on Kakuro's wall in the entryway?
3. What is Paloma escaping?
4. What arrives for Columbe?
5. Why is Columbe been driving Paloma crazy?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)