|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Paloma's cousin born?
(a) A cleft palette.
(b) A hole in her heart.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
(d) Down's syndrome.
2. What fascinates Renee about Kakuro?
(a) He is Japanese.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is over six feet tall.
(d) He is pleasant to her.
3. What does a courier deliver to Renee?
(a) A small cat statue.
(b) A pair of tickets.
(c) An expensive book.
(d) An invitation.
4. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
(a) Contact Paloma's mother.
(b) Make pastries.
(c) Help Paloma.
(d) Take care of Renee's cat.
5. What does Renee thinks offers more continuity in a house than conventional doors?
(a) Open doorways.
(b) Bamboo curtins.
(c) Sliding doors.
(d) Bead curtins.
6. What is Paloma fascinated about concerning the therapist?
(a) His hands are smaller than Paloma's hands.
(b) He does not seem to move even when he talks.
(c) He has a bald spot on the side of his head.
(d) His eyes are two different colors.
7. What does Renee think about concerning art?
(a) Its way of soothing stress.
(b) Its inconsistency.
(c) Its ability to heal.
(d) Its incongruence.
8. What is Paloma escaping?
(a) Talking to her mother.
(b) Her family.
(c) A boy two floors down.
(d) A difficult school assignment.
9. What arrives for Columbe?
(a) A letter from a beau.
(b) Her master's thesis.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A dress.
10. What makes Paloma feel hope?
(a) A realization about where life can take her.
(b) Meeting Kakuro.
(c) Her mother giving her a sincere hug.
(d) Realizing Renee is not who she implies she is.
11. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
(a) A poem.
12. About what is Manuela joyful?
(a) Getting a visa to go home.
(b) Seeing Renee happy.
(c) Quitting her job with Madame Pallieres.
(d) Planning a trip to Portugal.
13. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
(a) Having young children still at home.
(b) Her religion.
(c) Her politics.
(d) Her love of the outdoors.
14. Why is Paloma surprised that the new tenant wants to have tea with her mother?
(a) Because most of the tenents shun her mother.
(b) Because her mother is black.
(c) Because her mother's father was the commander in occupied Japan.
(d) Because her mother cannot speak English very well.
15. Who are Levin and Kitty?
(a) Paloma's cousins.
(b) Brother and sister who come by the building every morning with the newspapers.
(c) Kakuro's cats.
(d) The only other children in the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is going on in the Arthens' former apartment?
2. What does Renee tell Columbe?
3. What does Paloma wonder what might be the true movement of the world?
4. From what book does Renee quote after meeting Kakuro?
5. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)