|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
2. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
(b) To be rebellious.
(c) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
(d) To build up her brain cells.
3. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
(a) Haruki Marakami.
(b) Stephen King.
(c) Michael Connelly.
(d) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
4. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
(a) To crush Paloma.
(b) To break men's hearts.
(c) To prove her worth to their mother.
(d) To gain their mother's attention.
5. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
(a) Works on the family farm.
(b) Works where she is working now.
(c) Trains as a vet assistant.
(d) Gets married.
6. What does Renee love to do?
(d) Listen to classical music.
7. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 11 years.
8. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
(a) The reason for writing the novel.
(b) Her method of research.
(c) The historical background upon which the novel is based.
(d) The two main characters and the conflict.
9. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As a base person.
(b) As a high-strung angel.
(c) As an aristocrat.
(d) As a drudge.
10. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She hates all things from the Orient.
(b) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
(c) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
(d) She does not want to suffer.
11. What was Renee's husband like?
(a) A brilliant biologist.
(b) A dull, insipid man.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) A common man.
12. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
(a) The Gods Must Be Crazy.
(b) The Shining.
(c) Out of the Blue.
(d) Hunt for Red October.
13. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Paloma.
(b) A friend of Manuela.
(c) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(d) A friend of Renee.
14. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
15. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
(a) Because of Maître Arthens' condition.
(b) She has to be across town later that day.
(c) She wants to ask Renee's opinion about an outfit.
(d) She is excited to tell Renee something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why of Paloma punished?
2. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
3. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
4. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
5. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)