|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Renee fond of The Munekata Sisters?
(a) She actually hates the film.
(b) The film is set in an area Renee has always wanted to visit.
(c) The breathtaking metaphor in some of the scenes.
(d) They are so simple and easy to understand.
2. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) They are entitled.
(b) They are extremely interesting.
(c) They are dying.
(d) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
3. Who is Neptune?
(a) Madame de Broglie's cat.
(b) A cat that lives in the alleyway near Renee's work.
(c) Madame de Broglie's dog.
(d) Manuela's Macaw.
4. How is Neptune described?
(b) Sad and deprived.
5. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
6. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) Arthens daughter.
(d) Paloma crying.
7. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
8. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
(a) It is terribly constricted.
(b) It is terribly sad.
(c) It's not the one people perceive.
(d) It is pretty much the same as how people perceive her.
9. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Paloma.
(b) A friend of Renee.
(c) A friend of Manuela.
(d) A resident in the building where Renee works.
10. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
(b) She does not want to suffer.
(c) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
(d) She hates all things from the Orient.
11. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(b) Provides an escape.
(c) Uplifts a dreary life.
(d) Gives meaning to life.
12. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(c) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
(d) Grab the same piece of meat.
13. What does Renee love about the world?
(b) Her small circle of close friends.
(c) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
14. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
(b) Below average looks.
(c) A controlling mother.
15. What does Renee reply to Arthens' son's question?
(c) She does not have the education to qualify for a different job.
(d) She has no idea and maybe he should stop using it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
2. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
3. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
4. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
5. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)