|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(b) Grab the same piece of meat.
(c) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
2. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
(a) As though she is unintelligent.
(b) As though she reads minds.
(c) As though she is his servant.
(d) As though he is flirting with her.
3. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read The German Ideology.
(b) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(c) To read Kant.
(d) To read some Nietzsche.
4. What does Renee love to do?
(a) Listen to classical music.
5. Where is Manuela from?
6. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
7. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
(a) A writer.
(b) A tram operator.
(c) A baker.
(d) A concierge.
8. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her charities.
(c) Her cats.
(d) Her plants.
9. Who has Renee studied recently?
10. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
11. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
12. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Renee.
(b) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(c) A friend of Manuela.
(d) A friend of Paloma.
13. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
(a) The name of some flowers.
(b) Why she would work there when she was so smart.
(c) The name of her cat.
(d) Where he could buy some cocaine.
14. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
(b) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
(c) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
(d) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
15. What does Pierre do?
(a) A physician.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A food critic.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
2. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
3. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
4. To whom does Athena belong?
5. What does Renee love about the world?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)