|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
(b) No one.
2. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
3. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Paloma.
(b) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(c) A friend of Manuela.
(d) A friend of Renee.
4. What is Paloma watching with her father?
5. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
6. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
(a) Haruki Marakami.
(b) Stephen King.
(c) Michael Connelly.
(d) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
7. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
(a) That he is kind.
(b) That he is going to hell.
(c) That he is a bad man.
(d) That he is not really dying.
8. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
(a) Why she would work there when she was so smart.
(b) The name of some flowers.
(c) Where he could buy some cocaine.
(d) The name of her cat.
9. Who is Manuela?
(a) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(b) A maid in a motel.
(c) Paloma's friend.
(d) Renee's friend.
10. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
(a) A tram operator.
(b) A baker.
(c) A concierge.
(d) A writer.
11. What does Renee love about the world?
(a) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
(d) Her small circle of close friends.
12. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
13. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
(b) To build up her brain cells.
(c) To be rebellious.
(d) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
14. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
(c) Occasionally excited.
(d) Mildly interested.
15. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
2. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
3. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
4. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
5. How does Renee think of Manuela?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)