|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(b) As a perfect fit.
(c) As too refined.
(d) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
2. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
(a) It's not the one people perceive.
(b) It is terribly constricted.
(c) It is terribly sad.
(d) It is pretty much the same as how people perceive her.
3. For whom does Manuela work?
(a) She works for herself.
(b) At a small art museum.
(c) She does not have a job.
(d) Several families in Renee's building.
4. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
(a) A polo match.
(b) A formal family dinner.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A church christening.
5. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 5 months.
6. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
(c) Great Danes.
7. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
(b) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
(c) To be rebellious.
(d) To build up her brain cells.
8. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read Kant.
(b) To read some Nietzsche.
(c) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(d) To read The German Ideology.
9. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
10. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
(a) Paloma tells the speaker how she feels.
(c) A profound thought.
(d) Many people agree with the ridiculous statement.
11. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(b) Meet an intelligent poor person.
(c) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
(d) Play rugby.
12. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(b) Provides an escape.
(c) Uplifts a dreary life.
(d) Gives meaning to life.
13. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
(a) She married well.
14. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
(a) Marry a rich man.
(b) Move to the United States.
(c) Go back to her country.
(d) Move to Canada.
15. What does Renee love about the world?
(a) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
(d) Her small circle of close friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
2. Why of Paloma punished?
3. What was Arthens' son's problem?
4. To whom does Athena belong?
5. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)