|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Paloma Josse?
2. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A church christening.
(c) A formal family dinner.
(d) A polo match.
3. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
4. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was a lunatic.
(b) That Marx was deluded.
(c) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(d) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
5. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
(c) Mildly interested.
(d) Occasionally excited.
6. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 months.
7. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(b) As too refined.
(c) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
(d) As a perfect fit.
8. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
(a) Manuela and her husband.
(b) Manuela and a maid for the building next door.
(c) Renee and the maintenance man.
(d) Renee and Manuela.
9. What was Renee's husband like?
(a) A common man.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A dull, insipid man.
(d) A brilliant biologist.
10. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
(a) A controlling mother.
(c) Below average looks.
11. What breed is Athena?
(b) Cocker spaniel.
12. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Beautiful but helpless.
(b) Friendly but bites.
(c) Ugly but necessary.
(d) Ugly and useless.
13. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(b) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(c) Words are useless.
(d) It is words that have power, not deeds.
14. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) Meet an intelligent poor person.
(b) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
(c) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(d) Play rugby.
15. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(a) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
(d) Grab the same piece of meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee love about the world?
2. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
3. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
4. What does Paloma notice about one of the players?
5. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)