|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Athena belong?
(b) Madame de Broglie.
(c) Diane Badoise.
(d) Mademoiselle Lafitte.
2. What surprised Renee about her husband?
(a) That he was so intelligent.
(b) That he was interested in her.
(c) That he was rather kind.
(d) That he was very eccentric.
3. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is moving.
(c) He is ill and will be indisposed for a couple weeks.
(d) He is going into the hospital.
4. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(b) A friend of Manuela.
(c) A friend of Paloma.
(d) A friend of Renee.
5. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As a high-strung angel.
(b) As a base person.
(c) As an aristocrat.
(d) As a drudge.
6. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(b) To read The German Ideology.
(c) To read Kant.
(d) To read some Nietzsche.
7. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The bad grammar.
(b) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
(c) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(d) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
8. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
9. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(b) The family's records.
(c) Her family's apartment.
(d) The family's Rolls.
10. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
(a) It is terribly sad.
(b) It is pretty much the same as how people perceive her.
(c) It is terribly constricted.
(d) It's not the one people perceive.
11. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
12. What is Paloma watching with her father?
13. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
14. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
(d) No one.
15. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(b) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(c) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(d) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Renee never had?
2. Why is Renee fond of The Munekata Sisters?
3. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
4. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
5. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)