|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(b) A friend of Manuela.
(c) A friend of Paloma.
(d) A friend of Renee.
2. Who is Neptune?
(a) A cat that lives in the alleyway near Renee's work.
(b) Manuela's Macaw.
(c) Madame de Broglie's cat.
(d) Madame de Broglie's dog.
3. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
(a) Below average looks.
(c) A controlling mother.
4. To whom does Athena belong?
(a) Diane Badoise.
(b) Mademoiselle Lafitte.
(c) Madame de Broglie.
5. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Gives meaning to life.
(b) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(c) Provides an escape.
(d) Uplifts a dreary life.
6. What does Renee love to do?
(b) Listen to classical music.
7. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(a) The family's records.
(b) The family's Rolls.
(d) Her family's apartment.
8. Why is Renee fond of The Munekata Sisters?
(a) The film is set in an area Renee has always wanted to visit.
(b) They are so simple and easy to understand.
(c) She actually hates the film.
(d) The breathtaking metaphor in some of the scenes.
9. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(b) Grab the same piece of meat.
(d) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
10. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(b) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(c) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
(d) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
11. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
12. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
(b) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(c) Play rugby.
(d) Meet an intelligent poor person.
13. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
14. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
(a) Her cousin has a bit part in it.
(b) It was the last one she saw with her mother before she died.
(c) She read the book and had predicted it would become a successful movie.
(d) It was the last one she saw with her husband.
15. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
(a) For her to run down the street for him.
(b) For her to put a boot cleaner in the lobby.
(c) For her to bring him a package when it's delivered.
(d) For her to show him how to cook eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
2. What does Pierre do?
3. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
4. What has Renee never had?
5. What does Renee love about the world?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)