|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Arthens' son's problem?
(b) Very bad eyesight.
(c) Facial tic.
(d) Club foot.
2. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(b) Grab the same piece of meat.
(c) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
3. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
(a) Mildly interested.
(b) Occasionally excited.
4. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
(a) It's not the one people perceive.
(b) It is pretty much the same as how people perceive her.
(c) It is terribly constricted.
(d) It is terribly sad.
5. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
(a) A profound thought.
(b) Paloma tells the speaker how she feels.
(c) Many people agree with the ridiculous statement.
6. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
(a) Separating Athena and Neptune.
(b) Running for a taxi.
(c) Dancing in high heels.
(d) Tripping on the lobby carpet.
7. What does Pierre do?
(a) A food critic.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A physician.
(d) An accountant.
8. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
(b) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
(c) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
(d) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
9. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(b) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
(c) The bad grammar.
(d) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
10. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His wealthy outlook on life.
(b) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
(c) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
(d) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
11. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(b) Her family's apartment.
(c) The family's Rolls.
(d) The family's records.
12. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Beautiful but helpless.
(b) Ugly but necessary.
(c) Friendly but bites.
(d) Ugly and useless.
13. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
(a) Go back to her country.
(b) Marry a rich man.
(c) Move to Canada.
(d) Move to the United States.
14. How old is Paloma Josse?
15. Who has Renee studied recently?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee feel art does?
2. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
3. Who is Manuela?
4. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
5. To whom does Athena belong?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)