Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
(a) People are kinder to her.
(b) She is not as busy.
(c) She is much busier.
(d) It causes her to reflect on the meaning of life.
2. Who is Manuela?
(a) A maid in a motel.
(b) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(c) Renee's friend.
(d) Paloma's friend.
3. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
(a) To crush Paloma.
(b) To prove her worth to their mother.
(c) To gain their mother's attention.
(d) To break men's hearts.
4. Who is Neptune?
(a) Manuela's Macaw.
(b) Madame de Broglie's cat.
(c) A cat that lives in the alleyway near Renee's work.
(d) Madame de Broglie's dog.
5. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 months.
6. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
7. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
(a) Because of Maître Arthens' condition.
(b) She wants to ask Renee's opinion about an outfit.
(c) She has to be across town later that day.
(d) She is excited to tell Renee something.
8. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
(a) A cat howl.
(b) A tower clock striking.
(c) A dog yelp.
(d) Someone playing a Japanese tune on a piano.
9. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
(a) Out of the Blue.
(b) Hunt for Red October.
(c) The Shining.
(d) The Gods Must Be Crazy.
10. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As an aristocrat.
(b) As a base person.
(c) As a high-strung angel.
(d) As a drudge.
11. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
(a) Works on the family farm.
(b) Works where she is working now.
(c) Gets married.
(d) Trains as a vet assistant.
12. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
(b) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(c) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(d) The bad grammar.
13. Who is Ozu?
(a) An author Renee admires.
(b) A Japanese diplomat who Renee meets at a coffee shop.
(c) A Japanese filmmaker.
(d) A tenant in the building.
14. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
(a) Her charities.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her cats.
(d) Her plants.
15. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 11 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Manuela from?
2. How does Renee characterize that dog?
3. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
4. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
5. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)