|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Provides an escape.
(b) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(c) Gives meaning to life.
(d) Uplifts a dreary life.
2. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As a perfect fit.
(b) As too refined.
(c) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(d) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
3. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
(a) Manuela and a maid for the building next door.
(b) Manuela and her husband.
(c) Renee and Manuela.
(d) Renee and the maintenance man.
4. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
(a) A tram operator.
(b) A concierge.
(c) A baker.
(d) A writer.
5. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
(a) Where all the intelligentsia gather.
(b) Where Renee lives.
(c) Where Renee once witnessed a murder.
(d) Where Renee works.
6. What does Paloma begin to drink in the morning?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) A soda.
7. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(b) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(c) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(d) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
8. What does Renee follow up on to distract the young man?
(a) For him to enjoy the beautiful day.
(b) For him to say hello to his mother.
(c) For him to have a good time walking the dog.
(d) For him to talk to a man on the third floor.
9. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was deluded.
(b) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(c) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(d) That Marx was a lunatic.
10. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
11. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
(a) Separating Athena and Neptune.
(b) Running for a taxi.
(c) Dancing in high heels.
(d) Tripping on the lobby carpet.
12. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
(c) Close scrutiny by others.
13. Why of Paloma punished?
(a) For slapping her sister.
(b) For being rude to her mother.
(c) For refusing to do her homework.
(d) For correcting her father in front of company.
14. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) Words are useless.
(b) It is words that have power, not deeds.
(c) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(d) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
15. What does Renee reply to Arthens' son's question?
(a) She has no idea and maybe he should stop using it.
(b) She does not have the education to qualify for a different job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
2. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
3. What does Renee love to do?
4. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
5. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)