|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) They are dying.
(b) They are entitled.
(c) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
(d) They are extremely interesting.
2. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
(a) For her to put a boot cleaner in the lobby.
(b) For her to run down the street for him.
(c) For her to show him how to cook eggs.
(d) For her to bring him a package when it's delivered.
3. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
(a) The name of some flowers.
(b) Where he could buy some cocaine.
(c) The name of her cat.
(d) Why she would work there when she was so smart.
4. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
(c) Great Danes.
5. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
(d) No one.
6. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
(a) It was the last one she saw with her mother before she died.
(b) Her cousin has a bit part in it.
(c) It was the last one she saw with her husband.
(d) She read the book and had predicted it would become a successful movie.
7. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As too refined.
(b) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
(c) As a perfect fit.
(d) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
8. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
(a) They were profusely affectionate.
(b) They were only affectionate at weddings.
(c) They were most affectionate at funerals.
(d) They seldom showed any affection towards each other.
9. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
(a) She is excited to tell Renee something.
(b) She has to be across town later that day.
(c) Because of Maître Arthens' condition.
(d) She wants to ask Renee's opinion about an outfit.
10. What does Pierre do?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A food critic.
(d) A physician.
11. To whom does Athena belong?
(a) Mademoiselle Lafitte.
(c) Diane Badoise.
(d) Madame de Broglie.
12. Who is Neptune?
(a) Madame de Broglie's dog.
(b) A cat that lives in the alleyway near Renee's work.
(c) Manuela's Macaw.
(d) Madame de Broglie's cat.
13. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Friendly but bites.
(b) Ugly but necessary.
(c) Ugly and useless.
(d) Beautiful but helpless.
14. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
(a) That he is a bad man.
(b) That he is going to hell.
(c) That he is kind.
(d) That he is not really dying.
15. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
(a) Paloma tells the speaker how she feels.
(b) A profound thought.
(d) Many people agree with the ridiculous statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
2. For whom does Manuela work?
3. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
4. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
5. Where is Manuela from?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)