|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paloma notice about one of the players?
(a) He seems to move without motion.
(b) He is lame.
(c) He is exceedingly tall.
(d) He moves with no grace at all.
2. What do Renee's clients have in common?
(a) They are exceptionally wealthy.
(b) They are French.
(c) They are handicapped.
(d) They are elderly.
3. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
4. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(b) The Power of Darkness.
(c) The Cossacks.
(d) War and Peace.
5. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
6. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
(a) Trains as a vet assistant.
(b) Works where she is working now.
(c) Works on the family farm.
(d) Gets married.
7. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
(a) A tram operator.
(b) A writer.
(c) A baker.
(d) A concierge.
8. Where is Manuela from?
9. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Friendly but bites.
(b) Ugly but necessary.
(c) Ugly and useless.
(d) Beautiful but helpless.
10. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
(b) The bad grammar.
(c) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(d) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
11. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
(a) Close scrutiny by others.
12. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
13. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 11 years.
14. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
(a) Renee and the maintenance man.
(b) Manuela and a maid for the building next door.
(c) Manuela and her husband.
(d) Renee and Manuela.
15. What does Paloma begin to drink in the morning?
(c) Hot chocolate.
(d) A soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee love about the world?
2. Who is Neptune?
3. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
4. What does Paloma realize about words?
5. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)