|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
(a) They were most affectionate at funerals.
(b) They were profusely affectionate.
(c) They seldom showed any affection towards each other.
(d) They were only affectionate at weddings.
2. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(b) As a perfect fit.
(c) As too refined.
(d) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
3. To whom does Athena belong?
(a) Mademoiselle Lafitte.
(b) Madame de Broglie.
(d) Diane Badoise.
4. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
(a) She wants to ask Renee's opinion about an outfit.
(b) Because of Maître Arthens' condition.
(c) She has to be across town later that day.
(d) She is excited to tell Renee something.
5. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
(a) No one.
6. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was deluded.
(b) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(c) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(d) That Marx was a lunatic.
7. Why of Paloma punished?
(a) For being rude to her mother.
(b) For correcting her father in front of company.
(c) For slapping her sister.
(d) For refusing to do her homework.
8. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(b) Grab the same piece of meat.
(d) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
9. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
(b) Mildly interested.
(c) Occasionally excited.
10. How is Neptune described?
(d) Sad and deprived.
11. What does Pierre do?
(a) A food critic.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A physician.
(d) A lawyer.
12. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
13. What has Renee never had?
(a) A home of her own.
(b) A family.
(c) A dearth of friends.
(d) Formal education.
14. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
(a) People are kinder to her.
(b) It causes her to reflect on the meaning of life.
(c) She is much busier.
(d) She is not as busy.
15. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
2. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
3. Who has Renee studied recently?
4. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
5. Where is Manuela from?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)