|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
2. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
(a) Hunt for Red October.
(b) The Gods Must Be Crazy.
(c) Out of the Blue.
(d) The Shining.
3. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
(b) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(c) The bad grammar.
(d) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
4. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
(d) Great Danes.
5. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
(a) Why she would work there when she was so smart.
(b) Where he could buy some cocaine.
(c) The name of her cat.
(d) The name of some flowers.
6. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
(d) No one.
7. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was deluded.
(b) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(c) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(d) That Marx was a lunatic.
8. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 11 years.
9. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
(a) A formal family dinner.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A polo match.
(d) A church christening.
10. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
(a) That he is not really dying.
(b) That he is kind.
(c) That he is going to hell.
(d) That he is a bad man.
11. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
(b) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(c) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(d) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
12. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As too refined.
(b) As a perfect fit.
(c) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
(d) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
13. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(a) The family's Rolls.
(b) Her family's apartment.
(d) The family's records.
14. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(b) Meet an intelligent poor person.
(c) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
(d) Play rugby.
15. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
(a) Where all the intelligentsia gather.
(b) Where Renee works.
(c) Where Renee once witnessed a murder.
(d) Where Renee lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre do?
2. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
3. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
4. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
5. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)