|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Paloma Josse?
2. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) Paloma crying.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) Arthens daughter.
3. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read Kant.
(b) To read The German Ideology.
(c) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(d) To read some Nietzsche.
4. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(b) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
(c) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(d) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
5. Who is Manuela?
(a) A maid in a motel.
(b) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(c) Renee's friend.
(d) Paloma's friend.
6. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
(a) That he is kind.
(b) That he is going to hell.
(c) That he is not really dying.
(d) That he is a bad man.
7. What does Renee love to do?
(d) Listen to classical music.
8. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
9. To whom does Athena belong?
(a) Madame de Broglie.
(c) Mademoiselle Lafitte.
(d) Diane Badoise.
10. What was Arthens' son's problem?
(a) Club foot.
(b) Facial tic.
(c) Very bad eyesight.
11. What does Paloma notice about one of the players?
(a) He seems to move without motion.
(b) He is exceedingly tall.
(c) He moves with no grace at all.
(d) He is lame.
12. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
13. What is Paloma watching with her father?
14. What does Paloma believe about life?
(a) It is a nightmare from which one wakes at death.
(b) It is a constant battle.
(c) It is exhilarating.
(d) It can be good for a few seconds now and then.
15. What breed is Athena?
(b) Cocker spaniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
2. Who is Pierre Arthens?
3. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
4. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
5. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)