|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) Play rugby.
(b) Meet an intelligent poor person.
(c) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(d) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
2. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Uplifts a dreary life.
(b) Provides an escape.
(c) Gives meaning to life.
(d) Connects people of different backgrounds.
3. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
4. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
5. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
(a) Where Renee once witnessed a murder.
(b) Where Renee works.
(c) Where all the intelligentsia gather.
(d) Where Renee lives.
6. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
(a) They were profusely affectionate.
(b) They were most affectionate at funerals.
(c) They seldom showed any affection towards each other.
(d) They were only affectionate at weddings.
7. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
(a) Trains as a vet assistant.
(b) Works where she is working now.
(c) Gets married.
(d) Works on the family farm.
8. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
(a) That he is going to hell.
(b) That he is not really dying.
(c) That he is kind.
(d) That he is a bad man.
9. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(a) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
(c) Grab the same piece of meat.
10. What is one way Renee plays to her clients' prejudice?
(a) Acting as if they are the smartest people Renee has ever met.
(b) Drooling when she eats.
(c) Making inane conversation.
(d) Leaving the television on all day.
11. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
12. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(b) To read Kant.
(c) To read some Nietzsche.
(d) To read The German Ideology.
13. Why of Paloma punished?
(a) For being rude to her mother.
(b) For refusing to do her homework.
(c) For correcting her father in front of company.
(d) For slapping her sister.
14. What was Renee's husband like?
(a) A brilliant biologist.
(b) A dull, insipid man.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) A common man.
15. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
(a) It was the last one she saw with her mother before she died.
(b) It was the last one she saw with her husband.
(c) She read the book and had predicted it would become a successful movie.
(d) Her cousin has a bit part in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paloma notice about one of the players?
2. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
3. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
4. Who is Neptune?
5. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)