|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As a base person.
(b) As a high-strung angel.
(c) As a drudge.
(d) As an aristocrat.
2. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
(a) She read the book and had predicted it would become a successful movie.
(b) It was the last one she saw with her mother before she died.
(c) It was the last one she saw with her husband.
(d) Her cousin has a bit part in it.
3. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
(b) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(c) As a perfect fit.
(d) As too refined.
4. What surprised Renee about her husband?
(a) That he was interested in her.
(b) That he was rather kind.
(c) That he was very eccentric.
(d) That he was so intelligent.
5. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Ugly but necessary.
(b) Ugly and useless.
(c) Friendly but bites.
(d) Beautiful but helpless.
6. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(b) A friend of Paloma.
(c) A friend of Manuela.
(d) A friend of Renee.
7. What does Paloma notice about one of the players?
(a) He is lame.
(b) He is exceedingly tall.
(c) He seems to move without motion.
(d) He moves with no grace at all.
8. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
(a) People are kinder to her.
(b) She is not as busy.
(c) It causes her to reflect on the meaning of life.
(d) She is much busier.
9. What breed is Athena?
(a) Cocker spaniel.
10. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His wealthy outlook on life.
(b) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
(c) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
(d) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
11. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
(a) Move to the United States.
(b) Go back to her country.
(c) Move to Canada.
(d) Marry a rich man.
12. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was a lunatic.
(b) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(c) That Marx was deluded.
(d) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
13. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
(c) No one.
14. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
(b) They are extremely interesting.
(c) They are dying.
(d) They are entitled.
15. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
(a) The name of some flowers.
(b) The name of her cat.
(c) Where he could buy some cocaine.
(d) Why she would work there when she was so smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
2. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
3. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
4. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
5. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)