|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Manuela?
(a) Renee's friend.
(b) A maid in a motel.
(c) Paloma's friend.
(d) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
2. What does Paloma believe about life?
(a) It is exhilarating.
(b) It is a constant battle.
(c) It is a nightmare from which one wakes at death.
(d) It can be good for a few seconds now and then.
3. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
4. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
(a) It is terribly sad.
(b) It's not the one people perceive.
(c) It is terribly constricted.
(d) It is pretty much the same as how people perceive her.
5. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Manuela.
(b) A friend of Renee.
(c) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(d) A friend of Paloma.
6. What was Arthens' son's problem?
(a) Very bad eyesight.
(c) Facial tic.
(d) Club foot.
7. How is Neptune described?
(b) Sad and deprived.
8. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 10 months.
9. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
(a) Why she would work there when she was so smart.
(b) The name of her cat.
(c) Where he could buy some cocaine.
(d) The name of some flowers.
10. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
(a) To crush Paloma.
(b) To gain their mother's attention.
(c) To break men's hearts.
(d) To prove her worth to their mother.
11. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
(b) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
(c) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
(d) His wealthy outlook on life.
12. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was a lunatic.
(b) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(c) That Marx was deluded.
(d) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
13. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
14. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
(a) A profound thought.
(c) Many people agree with the ridiculous statement.
(d) Paloma tells the speaker how she feels.
15. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
(a) A cat howl.
(b) A tower clock striking.
(c) Someone playing a Japanese tune on a piano.
(d) A dog yelp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
2. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
3. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
4. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
5. What is one way Renee plays to her clients' prejudice?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)