|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was deluded.
(b) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(c) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(d) That Marx was a lunatic.
2. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
(b) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(c) As too refined.
(d) As a perfect fit.
3. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
(a) Trains as a vet assistant.
(b) Gets married.
(c) Works on the family farm.
(d) Works where she is working now.
4. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(b) The family's records.
(c) Her family's apartment.
(d) The family's Rolls.
5. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
(b) They are entitled.
(c) They are extremely interesting.
(d) They are dying.
6. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
7. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
(a) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
(b) Michael Connelly.
(c) Haruki Marakami.
(d) Stephen King.
8. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As an aristocrat.
(b) As a base person.
(c) As a high-strung angel.
(d) As a drudge.
9. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
(a) Dancing in high heels.
(b) Running for a taxi.
(c) Tripping on the lobby carpet.
(d) Separating Athena and Neptune.
10. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
(a) It is terribly constricted.
(b) It's not the one people perceive.
(c) It is terribly sad.
(d) It is pretty much the same as how people perceive her.
11. Who is Manuela?
(a) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(b) Renee's friend.
(c) A maid in a motel.
(d) Paloma's friend.
12. What does Renee remember about Arthens' son?
(a) He was kind.
(b) He was spoiled.
(c) He was very intelligent.
(d) He was cruel.
13. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) It is words that have power, not deeds.
(b) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(c) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(d) Words are useless.
14. What was Arthens' son's problem?
(a) Facial tic.
(b) Club foot.
(c) Very bad eyesight.
15. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one way Renee plays to her clients' prejudice?
2. What does Pierre do?
3. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
4. What has Renee never had?
5. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)