|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Renee's clients have in common?
(a) They are elderly.
(b) They are handicapped.
(c) They are exceptionally wealthy.
(d) They are French.
2. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
3. Who is Manuela?
(a) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(b) A maid in a motel.
(c) Paloma's friend.
(d) Renee's friend.
4. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read some Nietzsche.
(b) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(c) To read The German Ideology.
(d) To read Kant.
5. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) It is words that have power, not deeds.
(b) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(c) Words are useless.
(d) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
6. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 11 years.
7. What does Paloma begin to drink in the morning?
(b) A soda.
(c) Hot chocolate.
8. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
(b) They are entitled.
(c) They are dying.
(d) They are extremely interesting.
9. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was deluded.
(b) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(c) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(d) That Marx was a lunatic.
10. What does Renee love about the world?
(c) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
(d) Her small circle of close friends.
11. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
(a) Close scrutiny by others.
12. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
(b) His wealthy outlook on life.
(c) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
(d) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
13. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
14. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 2 years.
15. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
(a) It's not the one people perceive.
(b) It is terribly sad.
(c) It is terribly constricted.
(d) It is pretty much the same as how people perceive her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee feel art does?
2. Who is Neptune?
3. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
4. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
5. Who is Pierre Arthens?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)