Short Answer Key
Preamble, Marx: Chapters 1-2 and Profound Thought No. 1
1. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
The two main characters and the conflict.
2. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
3. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
4. What does Renee love about the world?
Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
5. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
Close scrutiny by others.
6. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
It's not the one people perceive.
7. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
8. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
9. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
To read The German Ideology.
10. What is the...
This section contains 2,255 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)