|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 11-23, Profound Thought No. 15 and One Last Profound Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
(b) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
(c) She needs to use the bathroom.
(d) She trips on the floor mat.
2. What book does Kakuro give Renee?
(a) An expensive copy of Middlemarch.
(b) An expensive copy of Barbet.
(c) An expensive copy of A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) An expensive copy of Anna Karenina.
3. Why does Renee invite Paloma into her apartment?
(a) She does not want to shut the door in Paloma's face.
(b) Renee is lonely.
(c) Paloma seemed to need to talk.
(d) Paloma has a book in her hand Renee loves.
4. What does Paloma's mother ask Renee?
(a) If it is alright for Paloma to spend time at Renee's apartment.
(b) If Paloma may help Renee in her duties.
(c) If Renee knows the young man who is the concierge in the next building.
(d) If Renee is dating Kakuro.
5. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) It is painted in shades of white.
(b) It has no carpets.
(c) There is nothing superfluous.
(d) It has no heavy-style furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee love to do?
2. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
3. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
4. Why does Renee wear a handkerchief to work?
5. What is Renee thinking about when someone knocks on her door?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)