|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 11-23, Profound Thought No. 15 and One Last Profound Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way Renee plays to her clients' prejudice?
(a) Making inane conversation.
(b) Drooling when she eats.
(c) Leaving the television on all day.
(d) Acting as if they are the smartest people Renee has ever met.
2. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
(a) Renee and Manuela.
(b) Renee and the maintenance man.
(c) Manuela and her husband.
(d) Manuela and a maid for the building next door.
3. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
(a) They seldom showed any affection towards each other.
(b) They were only affectionate at weddings.
(c) They were profusely affectionate.
(d) They were most affectionate at funerals.
4. What does Renee reply to Arthens' son's question?
(a) She does not have the education to qualify for a different job.
(c) She has no idea and maybe he should stop using it.
5. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(b) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
(c) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
(d) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Renee and Manuela for tea?
2. What does Renee think about what Columbe has focused upon in her work?
3. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
4. What fascinates Renee about Kakuro?
5. What overwhelms Paloma?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)