|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 11-23, Profound Thought No. 15 and One Last Profound Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(b) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
(c) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(d) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
2. What surprises Renee about Kakuro's last name?
(a) It is not Japanese.
(b) It is the same as both a favorite author and filmmaker of Renee's.
(c) It is German.
(d) It is the same as another Japanese man she knows.
3. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
(a) To break men's hearts.
(b) To crush Paloma.
(c) To gain their mother's attention.
(d) To prove her worth to their mother.
4. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) It has no heavy-style furniture.
(b) It has no carpets.
(c) There is nothing superfluous.
(d) It is painted in shades of white.
5. How does Renee compare herself to the family member she discusses?
(a) Her fahter is less sensitive.
(b) Her sister is more beautiful.
(c) She compares her naive, younger self with her more jaded, older self.
(d) Her mother is more beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee tell Columbe?
2. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
3. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
4. What is Renee careful about as she walks to Kakuro's apartment?
5. Who has Renee studied recently?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)