|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 11-23, Profound Thought No. 15 and One Last Profound Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
(a) Gets married.
(b) Trains as a vet assistant.
(c) Works on the family farm.
(d) Works where she is working now.
2. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She trips on the floor mat.
(b) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
(c) She needs to use the bathroom.
(d) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
3. What does Renee ask Manuela to do?
(a) Take care of Renee's cat.
(b) Make pastries.
(c) Help Paloma.
(d) Contact Paloma's mother.
4. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
(a) The tapestry hanging in the entryway.
(b) The painting in the entryway.
(c) The way the Japanese value austerity.
(d) The haiku poem he gives her.
5. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(b) Words are useless.
(c) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(d) It is words that have power, not deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
2. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
3. Why does Renee wear a handkerchief to work?
4. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
5. Who is looking for Columbe?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)