|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 11-23, Profound Thought No. 15 and One Last Profound Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
(a) Where Renee works.
(b) Where Renee once witnessed a murder.
(c) Where all the intelligentsia gather.
(d) Where Renee lives.
2. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
3. How does Renee compare herself to the family member she discusses?
(a) Her mother is more beautiful.
(b) She compares her naive, younger self with her more jaded, older self.
(c) Her fahter is less sensitive.
(d) Her sister is more beautiful.
4. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(b) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(c) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
(d) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
5. What does Renee love about the world?
(a) Her small circle of close friends.
(d) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Renee when she and Kakuro are leaving on their date?
2. What does Paloma's mother ask Renee?
3. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
4. What is Renee careful about as she walks to Kakuro's apartment?
5. What is one topic Renee and Kakuro discuss over dinner?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)