|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 1-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No.7 and Profound Thoughts No. 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Neptune described?
(b) Sad and deprived.
2. What has Renee never had?
(a) A home of her own.
(b) A dearth of friends.
(c) Formal education.
(d) A family.
3. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) To be rebellious.
(b) To build up her brain cells.
(c) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
(d) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
4. What does Renee think about what Columbe has focused upon in her work?
(a) Columbe has focused upon the weaker argument, which waters down the effect of the writing.
(b) Columbe has totally missed the point and the writing is invalid.
(c) Columbe's priviledged upbringing has given her a narrow perspective.
(d) Columbe has focused on the wrong things.
5. What do Kakuro and Renee make plans to do?
(a) Go to the Japanese Tea Gardens.
(b) Watch The Munekata Sisters.
(c) Visit the art museum.
(d) Take Paloma on an outing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
2. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
3. What conflict does Paloma witness?
4. Who is Marguerite?
5. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)