|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 1-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No.7 and Profound Thoughts No. 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Manuela when she and Renee are talking about Renee's upcoming dinner date?
(a) That Renee is terribly nervous.
(b) That Renee does not have a suitable dress.
(c) That Renee had even thought of turning Kakuro down.
(d) That Renee is not nervous.
2. What does Renee tell Columbe?
(a) To call the concierge that is on duty.
(b) That a phone call is as bad as Colombe coming to the door and knocking.
(c) That the concierge's loge is not open until 8.
(d) That she should call the police.
3. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
(a) The haiku poem he gives her.
(b) The way the Japanese value austerity.
(c) The painting in the entryway.
(d) The tapestry hanging in the entryway.
4. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
(a) Works where she is working now.
(b) Works on the family farm.
(c) Gets married.
(d) Trains as a vet assistant.
5. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
(a) A concierge.
(b) A writer.
(c) A tram operator.
(d) A baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paul Nguyen?
2. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
3. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
4. What has Renee never had?
5. What surprised Renee about her husband?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)