|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Summer Rain: Chapters 1-7, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 4 and Profound Thought No. 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee thinks offers more continuity in a house than conventional doors?
(a) Sliding doors.
(b) Bamboo curtins.
(c) Bead curtins.
(d) Open doorways.
2. What is Renee thinking about when someone knocks on her door?
(a) What to read for the evening.
(b) Learning to play bridge.
(c) How to redeem herself with Manuela.
(d) Having given herself away to Kakuro.
3. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
4. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
(a) Many people agree with the ridiculous statement.
(c) Paloma tells the speaker how she feels.
(d) A profound thought.
5. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
(a) Where Renee lives.
(b) Where all the intelligentsia gather.
(c) Where Renee works.
(d) Where Renee once witnessed a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Paloma surprised that the new tenant wants to have tea with her mother?
2. Why does Renee wear a handkerchief to work?
3. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
4. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
5. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)