|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Summer Rain: Chapters 1-7, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 4 and Profound Thought No. 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Friendly but bites.
(b) Beautiful but helpless.
(c) Ugly and useless.
(d) Ugly but necessary.
2. Why of Paloma punished?
(a) For correcting her father in front of company.
(b) For being rude to her mother.
(c) For slapping her sister.
(d) For refusing to do her homework.
3. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(b) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(c) The bad grammar.
(d) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
4. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) There is nothing superfluous.
(b) It has no carpets.
(c) It is painted in shades of white.
(d) It has no heavy-style furniture.
5. Why is Paloma surprised that the new tenant wants to have tea with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is black.
(b) Because her mother's father was the commander in occupied Japan.
(c) Because most of the tenents shun her mother.
(d) Because her mother cannot speak English very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Renee about her husband?
2. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
3. Who is Marguerite?
4. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
5. What amazes Renee about her new hair style?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)