|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Summer Rain: Chapters 1-7, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 4 and Profound Thought No. 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Gives meaning to life.
(b) Provides an escape.
(c) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(d) Uplifts a dreary life.
2. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
(b) She does not want to suffer.
(c) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
(d) She hates all things from the Orient.
3. What book does Kakuro give Renee?
(a) An expensive copy of Middlemarch.
(b) An expensive copy of Anna Karenina.
(c) An expensive copy of Barbet.
(d) An expensive copy of A Tale of Two Cities.
4. Why does Renee wear a handkerchief to work?
(a) To hide her hair that needs cut.
(b) To keep a man from the next building from bothering her.
(c) It matches her dress.
(d) To hide her new hair style.
5. What does a courier deliver to Renee?
(a) A pair of tickets.
(b) An expensive book.
(c) A small cat statue.
(d) An invitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paloma watching with her father?
2. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
3. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
4. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
5. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)