|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Summer Rain: Chapters 1-7, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 4 and Profound Thought No. 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Manuela work?
(a) Several families in Renee's building.
(b) She does not have a job.
(c) At a small art museum.
(d) She works for herself.
2. Who is Pierre Arthens?
(a) A friend of Renee.
(b) A resident in the building where Renee works.
(c) A friend of Manuela.
(d) A friend of Paloma.
3. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
(a) Haruki Marakami.
(b) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) Michael Connelly.
4. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He finishes the quote.
(c) He tells her she has misquoted.
(d) He frowns at her audacity.
5. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
(a) It is brilliant.
(b) It is confusing but has merit.
(c) It is nonsense.
(d) It is easy to understand but difficult to see any practical applications.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
2. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
3. What surprised Renee about her husband?
4. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
5. How does Renee think of Manuela?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)