|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) It is words that have power, not deeds.
(b) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(c) Words are useless.
(d) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
2. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
(a) A dog yelp.
(b) A cat howl.
(c) Someone playing a Japanese tune on a piano.
(d) A tower clock striking.
3. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
(a) Renee and the maintenance man.
(b) Renee and Manuela.
(c) Manuela and a maid for the building next door.
(d) Manuela and her husband.
4. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
(a) Out of the Blue.
(b) Hunt for Red October.
(c) The Gods Must Be Crazy.
(d) The Shining.
5. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
(a) For her to show him how to cook eggs.
(b) For her to run down the street for him.
(c) For her to bring him a package when it's delivered.
(d) For her to put a boot cleaner in the lobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
2. Where is Manuela from?
3. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
4. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
5. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)