|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierre do?
(a) A food critic.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A physician.
(d) A lawyer.
2. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
(a) As though he is flirting with her.
(b) As though she is his servant.
(c) As though she is unintelligent.
(d) As though she reads minds.
3. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
(a) That he is going to hell.
(b) That he is kind.
(c) That he is not really dying.
(d) That he is a bad man.
4. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
(a) The reason for writing the novel.
(b) Her method of research.
(c) The historical background upon which the novel is based.
(d) The two main characters and the conflict.
5. Who is Neptune?
(a) Madame de Broglie's dog.
(b) A cat that lives in the alleyway near Renee's work.
(c) Madame de Broglie's cat.
(d) Manuela's Macaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
2. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
3. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
4. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
5. What was Arthens' son's problem?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)