|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
(a) He is ill and will be indisposed for a couple weeks.
(b) He is moving.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is going into the hospital.
2. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
(b) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(c) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(d) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
3. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
4. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(b) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(c) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
(d) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
5. Why is Renee fond of The Munekata Sisters?
(a) The breathtaking metaphor in some of the scenes.
(b) They are so simple and easy to understand.
(c) She actually hates the film.
(d) The film is set in an area Renee has always wanted to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
2. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
3. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
4. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
5. Who has Renee studied recently?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)