|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
(b) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(c) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(d) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
2. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Tell her father she wants to go away to boarding school.
(c) Run away.
(d) Move to Canada.
3. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
(a) A tower clock striking.
(b) Someone playing a Japanese tune on a piano.
(c) A cat howl.
(d) A dog yelp.
4. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
(a) She is excited to tell Renee something.
(b) She wants to ask Renee's opinion about an outfit.
(c) She has to be across town later that day.
(d) Because of Maître Arthens' condition.
5. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee love about the world?
2. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
3. What surprised Renee about her husband?
4. What is Paloma watching with her father?
5. What does Paloma begin to drink in the morning?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)