|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
(a) The name of some flowers.
(b) The name of her cat.
(c) Why she would work there when she was so smart.
(d) Where he could buy some cocaine.
2. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) To be rebellious.
(b) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
(c) To build up her brain cells.
(d) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
3. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(b) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
(c) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(d) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
4. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(b) Words are useless.
(c) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(d) It is words that have power, not deeds.
5. What does Paloma believe about life?
(a) It is a nightmare from which one wakes at death.
(b) It is a constant battle.
(c) It is exhilarating.
(d) It can be good for a few seconds now and then.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
2. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
3. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
4. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
5. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)