|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Renee fond of The Munekata Sisters?
(a) The film is set in an area Renee has always wanted to visit.
(b) She actually hates the film.
(c) They are so simple and easy to understand.
(d) The breathtaking metaphor in some of the scenes.
2. What surprised Renee about her husband?
(a) That he was interested in her.
(b) That he was so intelligent.
(c) That he was rather kind.
(d) That he was very eccentric.
3. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
(b) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
(c) She does not want to suffer.
(d) She hates all things from the Orient.
4. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
(b) Play rugby.
(c) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(d) Meet an intelligent poor person.
5. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
(a) The Power of Darkness.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) The Cossacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
2. Who has Renee studied recently?
3. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
4. What is Paloma watching with her father?
5. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)