|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Arthens' son's problem?
(a) Facial tic.
(b) Very bad eyesight.
(c) Club foot.
2. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(b) That Marx was deluded.
(c) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(d) That Marx was a lunatic.
3. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
(a) Move to Canada.
(b) Run away.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Tell her father she wants to go away to boarding school.
4. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(b) To read Kant.
(c) To read The German Ideology.
(d) To read some Nietzsche.
5. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
(a) The Power of Darkness.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) The Cossacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
2. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
3. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
4. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
5. To whom does Athena belong?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)