|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(b) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(c) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(d) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
2. What was Renee's husband like?
(a) A brilliant biologist.
(b) A dull, insipid man.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) A common man.
3. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
(b) She married well.
4. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
(a) The reason for writing the novel.
(b) The two main characters and the conflict.
(c) The historical background upon which the novel is based.
(d) Her method of research.
5. What does Renee follow up on to distract the young man?
(a) For him to have a good time walking the dog.
(b) For him to enjoy the beautiful day.
(c) For him to talk to a man on the third floor.
(d) For him to say hello to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
2. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
3. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
4. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
5. What do Renee's clients have in common?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)