|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2 years.
2. What does Renee love about the world?
(b) Her small circle of close friends.
(d) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
3. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) To build up her brain cells.
(b) To be rebellious.
(c) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
(d) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
4. To whom does Athena belong?
(a) Diane Badoise.
(c) Mademoiselle Lafitte.
(d) Madame de Broglie.
5. What is one way Renee plays to her clients' prejudice?
(a) Making inane conversation.
(b) Acting as if they are the smartest people Renee has ever met.
(c) Leaving the television on all day.
(d) Drooling when she eats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ozu?
2. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
3. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
4. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
5. Who is Neptune?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)