|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
(a) As though she is his servant.
(b) As though she reads minds.
(c) As though she is unintelligent.
(d) As though he is flirting with her.
2. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
(a) The reason for writing the novel.
(b) Her method of research.
(c) The historical background upon which the novel is based.
(d) The two main characters and the conflict.
3. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
(a) Close scrutiny by others.
4. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(a) The family's Rolls.
(c) Her family's apartment.
(d) The family's records.
5. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His wealthy outlook on life.
(b) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
(c) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
(d) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
2. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
3. Why of Paloma punished?
4. What has Renee never had?
5. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)