|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Badoise injure her ankle?
(a) Separating Athena and Neptune.
(b) Tripping on the lobby carpet.
(c) Running for a taxi.
(d) Dancing in high heels.
2. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was deluded.
(b) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(c) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(d) That Marx was a lunatic.
3. Why does Paloma think is interesting regarding Maître Arthens?
(a) That news of his death causes such excitement throughout the building.
(b) That he never said a kind word to anyone.
(c) That he had a priest come to his death bed.
(d) That his two children turned out to be such good people.
4. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Gives meaning to life.
(b) Provides an escape.
(c) Uplifts a dreary life.
(d) Connects people of different backgrounds.
5. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
2. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
3. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
4. What is the significance of building number 7 at rue de Grenelle?
5. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)