|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 11-18, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 3 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(a) Her family's apartment.
(c) The family's records.
(d) The family's Rolls.
2. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
(a) He is moving.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He is going into the hospital.
(d) He is ill and will be indisposed for a couple weeks.
3. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
(a) People are kinder to her.
(b) It causes her to reflect on the meaning of life.
(c) She is not as busy.
(d) She is much busier.
4. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
(b) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
(c) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
(d) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
5. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) To build up her brain cells.
(b) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
(c) To be rebellious.
(d) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
2. What does Renee reply to Arthens' son's question?
3. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
4. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
5. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)