|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 5-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 2 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
(b) Occasionally excited.
(d) Mildly interested.
2. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
(b) His wealthy outlook on life.
(c) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
(d) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
3. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
(b) Paloma tells the speaker how she feels.
(c) A profound thought.
(d) Many people agree with the ridiculous statement.
4. What surprised Renee about her husband?
(a) That he was interested in her.
(b) That he was so intelligent.
(c) That he was rather kind.
(d) That he was very eccentric.
5. What does Paloma notice about one of the players?
(a) He moves with no grace at all.
(b) He is lame.
(c) He seems to move without motion.
(d) He is exceedingly tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Athena belong?
2. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
3. What does Paloma think is the only thing important to her mother?
4. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
5. Who is Pierre Arthens?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)