|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 1-4, Journal of the Movement No. 1 and Profound Thought No. 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was a lunatic.
(b) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
(c) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(d) That Marx was deluded.
2. What was Renee's husband like?
(a) A dull, insipid man.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A common man.
(d) A brilliant biologist.
3. What is one way Renee plays to her clients' prejudice?
(a) Making inane conversation.
(b) Leaving the television on all day.
(c) Acting as if they are the smartest people Renee has ever met.
(d) Drooling when she eats.
4. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
(b) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
(c) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
(d) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
5. What does Renee love about the world?
(b) Her small circle of close friends.
(d) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
2. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
3. What does Renee follow up on to distract the young man?
4. What has Renee never had?
5. How does Renee perceive that Arthens speaks to her?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)