|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 1-4, Journal of the Movement No. 1 and Profound Thought No. 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
(b) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
(c) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
(d) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
2. What is one way Renee plays to her clients' prejudice?
(a) Drooling when she eats.
(b) Acting as if they are the smartest people Renee has ever met.
(c) Leaving the television on all day.
(d) Making inane conversation.
3. What is Paloma watching with her father?
4. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His wealthy outlook on life.
(b) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
(c) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
(d) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
5. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
(a) Marry a rich man.
(b) Go back to her country.
(c) Move to the United States.
(d) Move to Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
2. What do Renee's clients have in common?
3. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
4. Who is Manuela?
5. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)