|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 1-4, Journal of the Movement No. 1 and Profound Thought No. 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read Kant.
(b) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(c) To read some Nietzsche.
(d) To read The German Ideology.
2. What has Renee never had?
(a) Formal education.
(b) A dearth of friends.
(c) A family.
(d) A home of her own.
3. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
(b) Close scrutiny by others.
4. What does Pierre do?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A food critic.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A physician.
5. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
(a) The historical background upon which the novel is based.
(b) Her method of research.
(c) The two main characters and the conflict.
(d) The reason for writing the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Renee's husband like?
2. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
3. What does Pierre ask of Renee?
4. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
5. How does Renee think of Manuela?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)