|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 1-4, Journal of the Movement No. 1 and Profound Thought No. 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Renee feel when Pierre speaks to her?
2. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
(b) She does not want to suffer.
(c) She hates all things from the Orient.
(d) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
3. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
4. How old is Paloma Josse?
5. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
(a) His belief that a woman cannot be intelligent.
(b) His belief that he is superior to everyone in the building.
(c) His wealthy outlook on life.
(d) His embarrassment at her knowing something he does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Renee characterize that dog?
2. What does Renee love to do?
3. What does Renee love about the world?
4. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
5. What was Renee's husband like?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)