|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 1-4, Journal of the Movement No. 1 and Profound Thought No. 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
(a) A baker.
(b) A tram operator.
(c) A concierge.
(d) A writer.
2. What has Renee never had?
(a) Formal education.
(b) A home of her own.
(c) A family.
(d) A dearth of friends.
3. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
(c) Great Danes.
4. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As a perfect fit.
(b) As too refined.
(c) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
(d) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
5. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(b) To read Kant.
(c) To read some Nietzsche.
(d) To read The German Ideology.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
2. How does Renee characterize that dog?
3. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
4. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
5. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)