|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 1-4, Journal of the Movement No. 1 and Profound Thought No. 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Ugly and useless.
(b) Beautiful but helpless.
(c) Friendly but bites.
(d) Ugly but necessary.
2. What does Renee love about the world?
(a) Her small circle of close friends.
(b) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
3. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
(a) The historical background upon which the novel is based.
(b) The reason for writing the novel.
(c) Her method of research.
(d) The two main characters and the conflict.
4. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
(a) A tram operator.
(b) A concierge.
(c) A writer.
(d) A baker.
5. What is Paloma watching with her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Manuela work?
2. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
3. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
4. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
5. What does Paloma feel about her true person?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)