|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 1-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No.7 and Profound Thoughts No. 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paloma feel Columbe's goal in life is?
(a) To crush Paloma.
(b) To gain their mother's attention.
(c) To break men's hearts.
(d) To prove her worth to their mother.
2. Who is Marguerite?
(a) Paloma's friend.
(b) Paloma's cousin.
(c) The dressmaker.
(d) Renee's niece.
3. What conflict does Paloma witness?
(a) Between her mother and older sister.
(b) Between Renee and one of the tenants.
(c) Between her mother and another woman at a sale.
(d) Between her father and mother.
4. What does Renee think to herself about her interest in painting?
(a) She wishes she could afford even reproductions of good art.
(b) She wishes she were more up on modern artists.
(c) She wishes she could paint.
(d) She should dumb that down also.
5. What does Paloma believe about life?
(a) It is a constant battle.
(b) It is a nightmare from which one wakes at death.
(c) It is exhilarating.
(d) It can be good for a few seconds now and then.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
2. What surprises Manuela when she and Renee are talking about Renee's upcoming dinner date?
3. What does Renee love about the world?
4. What does Renee do in response to the gift?
5. What does Jacinthe Rosen do for Renee?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)