|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 1-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No.7 and Profound Thoughts No. 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ozu?
(a) A tenant in the building.
(b) A Japanese filmmaker.
(c) An author Renee admires.
(d) A Japanese diplomat who Renee meets at a coffee shop.
2. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
(a) She has to be across town later that day.
(b) Because of Maître Arthens' condition.
(c) She is excited to tell Renee something.
(d) She wants to ask Renee's opinion about an outfit.
3. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) There is nothing superfluous.
(b) It is painted in shades of white.
(c) It has no heavy-style furniture.
(d) It has no carpets.
4. What makes Paloma feel hope?
(a) Her mother giving her a sincere hug.
(b) Meeting Kakuro.
(c) A realization about where life can take her.
(d) Realizing Renee is not who she implies she is.
5. What does Manuela say about Renee's looks when Renee dons her borrowed dress?
(a) She needs an accessory.
(b) The dress needs to be taken in a little in the bust.
(d) The dress needs to be taken in a little in the hips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
2. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
3. What does Paloma realize about words?
4. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
5. What did Arthens' son once ask Renee?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)