|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Paloma: Chapters 1-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No.7 and Profound Thoughts No. 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Renee thinking about when someone knocks on her door?
(a) How to redeem herself with Manuela.
(b) Learning to play bridge.
(c) What to read for the evening.
(d) Having given herself away to Kakuro.
2. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(b) The bad grammar.
(c) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(d) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
3. What is one topic Renee and Kakuro discuss over dinner?
(a) The fact that Renee is young to be in charge of the entire building.
(c) The rancor that some in France feel towards Orientals.
(d) Renee's lack of education.
4. How does Renee characterize that dog?
(a) Ugly but necessary.
(b) Ugly and useless.
(c) Friendly but bites.
(d) Beautiful but helpless.
5. What does Jacinthe Rosen do for Renee?
(a) Push for better benefits.
(b) Give her a gift certificate.
(c) Introduces her to the new tenent in the building.
(d) Push for a raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Manuela tell Renee to do to prepare for dinner?
2. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
3. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
4. How is Renee's family characterized as far as showing affection?
5. Who is Pierre Arthens?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)