|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 5-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 2 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read Kant.
(b) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(c) To read The German Ideology.
(d) To read some Nietzsche.
2. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
(a) That Marx was deluded.
(b) That Marx was a lunatic.
(c) That Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
(d) That Marx made him incredibly depressed.
3. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) Meet an intelligent poor person.
(b) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
(c) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(d) Play rugby.
4. Who is Manuela?
(a) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(b) Renee's friend.
(c) Paloma's friend.
(d) A maid in a motel.
5. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
(b) She hates all things from the Orient.
(c) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
(d) She does not want to suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Renee about her husband?
2. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
3. For whom does Manuela work?
4. What does Renee love about the world?
5. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)