|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 5-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 2 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She hates all things from the Orient.
(b) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
(c) She does not want to suffer.
(d) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
2. What does Renee love about the world?
(b) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
(c) Her small circle of close friends.
3. Who is Manuela?
(a) Renee's friend.
(b) Paloma's friend.
(c) The concierge in the building where Paloma lives.
(d) A maid in a motel.
4. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
(a) The two main characters and the conflict.
(b) Her method of research.
(c) The reason for writing the novel.
(d) The historical background upon which the novel is based.
5. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is going into the hospital.
(c) He is moving.
(d) He is ill and will be indisposed for a couple weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
2. What does Renee do when she leaves school?
3. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
4. Where is Manuela from?
5. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)