|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 5-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 2 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author introduce in the Preamble?
(a) The two main characters and the conflict.
(b) Her method of research.
(c) The reason for writing the novel.
(d) The historical background upon which the novel is based.
2. To what does Paloma want to set fire?
(b) The family's Rolls.
(c) Her family's apartment.
(d) The family's records.
3. What is Manuela always scheming to do?
(a) Move to the United States.
(b) Move to Canada.
(c) Go back to her country.
(d) Marry a rich man.
4. How does Renee think of Manuela?
(a) As a high-strung angel.
(b) As a drudge.
(c) As a base person.
(d) As an aristocrat.
5. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a young man say about Marx to Renee Michel?
2. At what age is Renee forced to leave school?
3. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
4. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
5. What is one of Renee's favorite movies?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)