|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Camellias: Chapters 5-10, Journal of the Movement of the World No. 2 and Profound Thoughts Nos. 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
(c) Close scrutiny by others.
2. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
(b) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
(c) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
(d) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
3. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Run away.
(c) Tell her father she wants to go away to boarding school.
(d) Move to Canada.
4. What does Paloma believe about life?
(a) It is exhilarating.
(b) It is a nightmare from which one wakes at death.
(c) It is a constant battle.
(d) It can be good for a few seconds now and then.
5. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
2. What breed is Athena?
3. What does Renee Michel do for a living?
4. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
5. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)