|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Paloma and Kakuro decide to do?
(a) Walk in the park daily together.
(b) Read and discuss a book a week.
(c) Find out who Renee really is.
(d) Become friends.
2. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
(a) Her love of the outdoors.
(b) Her religion.
(c) Having young children still at home.
(d) Her politics.
3. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The bad grammar.
(b) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(c) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
(d) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
4. What is going on in the Arthens' former apartment?
(b) Strange noises.
(d) A lot of shouting.
5. Why is Renee fond of The Munekata Sisters?
(a) They are so simple and easy to understand.
(b) The film is set in an area Renee has always wanted to visit.
(c) The breathtaking metaphor in some of the scenes.
(d) She actually hates the film.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
2. From what book does Renee quote after meeting Kakuro?
3. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
4. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
5. What follows on the heels of the statement that Paloma thinks is totally wrong?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)