|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
2. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
3. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
(a) She hates all things from the Orient.
(b) She prefers the darkness of Russian traditions.
(c) She does not want to suffer.
(d) She thinks it will be very upsetting to her parents.
4. Why does Paloma begin to drink something different in the morning?
(a) She thinks it more sophisticated than what her father drinks.
(b) In the hopes her mother will notice her.
(c) To build up her brain cells.
(d) To be rebellious.
5. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
(a) Her religion.
(b) Her love of the outdoors.
(c) Having young children still at home.
(d) Her politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
2. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
3. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
4. What was Arthens' son's problem?
5. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)