|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Renee hide her intelligence from others?
(a) She is afraid no one will associate with her.
(b) She thinks poor people are not supposed to be intelligent.
(c) She is afraid others will take advantage of her.
(d) She is afraid of being asked something she does not know.
2. What does Paloma decide to do before she dies?
(a) Play rugby.
(b) To seek out the movements she observes in the man.
(c) Meet an intelligent poor person.
(d) Refuse to do what her father asks of her.
3. What is going on in the Arthens' former apartment?
(c) Strange noises.
(d) A lot of shouting.
4. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
(b) They are entitled.
(c) They are dying.
(d) They are extremely interesting.
5. Who are Levin and Kitty?
(a) Brother and sister who come by the building every morning with the newspapers.
(b) Kakuro's cats.
(c) The only other children in the building.
(d) Paloma's cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
2. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
3. What was Renee's husband like?
4. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
5. What does Renee love to do?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)