|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee love about the world?
(b) Literature, philosophy, artistic movies and great art.
(c) Her small circle of close friends.
2. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
(a) She has to be across town later that day.
(b) She wants to ask Renee's opinion about an outfit.
(c) Because of Maître Arthens' condition.
(d) She is excited to tell Renee something.
3. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) It is painted in shades of white.
(b) There is nothing superfluous.
(c) It has no heavy-style furniture.
(d) It has no carpets.
4. Why is Paloma surprised that the new tenant wants to have tea with her mother?
(a) Because her mother is black.
(b) Because her mother's father was the commander in occupied Japan.
(c) Because most of the tenents shun her mother.
(d) Because her mother cannot speak English very well.
5. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
(d) Great Danes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
2. Who is Neptune?
3. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
4. What does Renee think will cause the young man to forget she said anything about Marx?
5. Why is the movie most significant to Renee?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)