|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what country is Paloma fascinated?
2. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
(a) It has no carpets.
(b) It is painted in shades of white.
(c) It has no heavy-style furniture.
(d) There is nothing superfluous.
3. How old is Paloma Josse?
4. What profoundly moves Paloma one day as she watches two divers on television?
(a) One of them is paralyzed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(b) One of them is killed when she hits her head on the diving board.
(c) They fail to dive at exactly the same time and speed.
(d) They are so harmoniously coordinated in their dives together.
5. What surprises Renee about Kakuro's last name?
(a) It is the same as both a favorite author and filmmaker of Renee's.
(b) It is not Japanese.
(c) It is German.
(d) It is the same as another Japanese man she knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paloma and Kakuro decide to do?
2. Who has Monsieur Ozu fired?
3. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
4. Why does Paloma decide not to use a Japanese tradition on her next birthday to obtain her aims?
5. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)