|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what book does Renee quote after meeting Kakuro?
(a) Hunt for Red October.
(b) War and Peace.
(d) Anna Karenina.
2. What was Renee's husband like?
(a) A brilliant biologist.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A dull, insipid man.
(d) A common man.
3. What can Renee hear just after Chabrot comes to tell Renee that Arthens has died?
(a) Someone playing a Japanese tune on a piano.
(b) A dog yelp.
(c) A cat howl.
(d) A tower clock striking.
4. How does Renee see Manuela in Manuela's current station in life?
(a) As too refined.
(b) As a perfect fit.
(c) As thinking Manuela is better than she is.
(d) As thinking Manuela is less refined than Manuela pretends.
5. What astounds Renee by a note she receives about some dry cleaning?
(a) The bad grammar.
(b) The handwriting is exquisitely beautiful.
(c) The writer includes "please" and "thank you."
(d) The note is on beautifully exquisite paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee love about the world?
2. What does Renee find refreshing about rumors of Kakuro's apartment?
3. Who is Pierre Arthens?
4. What does Paloma decide to do for her next birthday?
5. Who is Manuela?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)