|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
(a) People are kinder to her.
(b) It causes her to reflect on the meaning of life.
(c) She is much busier.
(d) She is not as busy.
2. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
(a) She married well.
3. What do Renee's clients believe in common?
(a) They are extremely interesting.
(b) A concierge is so far below their social class they are unintelligent.
(c) They are dying.
(d) They are entitled.
4. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
(a) Arthens daughter.
(b) A stray cat.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) Paloma crying.
5. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(b) Words are useless.
(c) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(d) It is words that have power, not deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paloma and Kakuro decide to do?
2. What does Renee love about the world?
3. To what does Paloma feel that her family's wealth subject her?
4. For how long has Paloma's mother been taking anti-anxiety medicines?
5. What does Paloma believe about life?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)