|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Athena and Neptune attempt to do?
(a) Go through the pet door simultaneously.
(d) Grab the same piece of meat.
2. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
(a) It is confusing but has merit.
(b) It is brilliant.
(c) It is easy to understand but difficult to see any practical applications.
(d) It is nonsense.
3. Who are Levin and Kitty?
(a) Brother and sister who come by the building every morning with the newspapers.
(b) Kakuro's cats.
(c) Paloma's cousins.
(d) The only other children in the building.
4. What is one result for Renee of Arthens' pending death?
(a) It causes her to reflect on the meaning of life.
(b) She is not as busy.
(c) People are kinder to her.
(d) She is much busier.
5. What does Paloma think of Maître Arthens?
(a) That he is a bad man.
(b) That he is not really dying.
(c) That he is going to hell.
(d) That he is kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pierre Arthens?
2. Which of Tolstoy's books does Renee love in particular?
3. How does Renee think of Manuela?
4. Why does Manuela come early for tea?
5. What is Renee Michel's challenge?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)