|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
(a) A polo match.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A church christening.
(d) A formal family dinner.
2. Why is Paloma surprised that the new tenant wants to have tea with her mother?
(a) Because most of the tenents shun her mother.
(b) Because her mother's father was the commander in occupied Japan.
(c) Because her mother cannot speak English very well.
(d) Because her mother is black.
3. What does Renee suggest to the young man?
(a) To read some Nietzsche.
(b) To read The German Ideology.
(c) To read some of Kierkegaard.
(d) To read Kant.
4. In what way does Paloma's mother differ from most of the tenants in the building?
(a) Having young children still at home.
(b) Her love of the outdoors.
(c) Her religion.
(d) Her politics.
5. What is one modern writer Renee enjoys reading?
(a) Haruki Marakami.
(b) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
(c) Michael Connelly.
(d) Stephen King.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what dog does Renee liken concierges?
2. For how long has Renee worked in one place?
3. What does Jacinthe Rosen do for Renee?
4. What is the young man's reaction to Renee's suggestion?
5. What has Renee decided is a fraud?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)