|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, On Grammar: Chapters 1-6 and Profound Thought Nos. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renee feel art does?
(a) Connects people of different backgrounds.
(b) Provides an escape.
(c) Uplifts a dreary life.
(d) Gives meaning to life.
2. Who is Ozu?
(a) An author Renee admires.
(b) A tenant in the building.
(c) A Japanese diplomat who Renee meets at a coffee shop.
(d) A Japanese filmmaker.
3. Who does Manuela see on the steps?
(a) Paloma crying.
(b) Arthens daughter.
(c) A stray cat.
(d) A stray dog.
4. Who are Levin and Kitty?
(a) Brother and sister who come by the building every morning with the newspapers.
(b) The only other children in the building.
(c) Paloma's cousins.
(d) Kakuro's cats.
5. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(b) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(c) It is words that have power, not deeds.
(d) Words are useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
2. What topic does Renee read in Husserl?
3. How does Renee feel about her marriage?
4. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
5. Who does Renee use to further her arguments against the subject she just finished studying?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)