|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Summer Rain: Chapters 8-18, Journal of the Movement of the World Nos. 5-6 and Profound Thought No. 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Paloma contradict a teacher of hers?
(c) A poem.
2. Why is Paloma surprised that the new tenant wants to have tea with her mother?
(a) Because most of the tenents shun her mother.
(b) Because her mother cannot speak English very well.
(c) Because her mother's father was the commander in occupied Japan.
(d) Because her mother is black.
3. What conflict does Paloma witness?
(a) Between Renee and one of the tenants.
(b) Between her mother and another woman at a sale.
(c) Between her mother and older sister.
(d) Between her father and mother.
4. What is Renee careful about as she walks to Kakuro's apartment?
(a) That she not be seen.
(c) That she let it known she is not on duty.
(d) That she play "dumb."
5. Who is Paul Nguyen?
(a) Kakuro's assistant.
(b) Kakuro's cousin.
(c) Kakuro's son.
(d) Kakuro's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paloma realize about words?
2. What does a courier deliver to Renee?
3. What do Paloma and Kakuro decide to do?
4. Why does Paloma threaten to spread rumors about the therapist?
5. Who has Monsieur Ozu fired?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)