|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Summer Rain: Chapters 8-18, Journal of the Movement of the World Nos. 5-6 and Profound Thought No. 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paloma's mother take her to a therapist?
(a) To have the therapist explain about her mother's illness.
(b) Because of a comment Paloma makes.
(c) To prove to the therapist that her daughter has problems.
(d) To show the therapist that she could raise a good daughter.
2. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is going into the hospital.
(c) He is ill and will be indisposed for a couple weeks.
(d) He is moving.
3. How does Kakuro respond when Renee quotes from the book?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He tells her she has misquoted.
(c) He frowns at her audacity.
(d) He finishes the quote.
4. Where does Paloma hear a statement she thinks is totally wrong?
(a) A polo match.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A church christening.
(d) A formal family dinner.
5. Why is Renee embarrassed?
(a) She trips on the floor mat.
(b) She thought a particular painting was done by someone else.
(c) She needs to use the bathroom.
(d) She falls into him when she stumbles on the door step.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renee think to herself about her interest in painting?
2. How is Paloma's mother is towards everything else besides the one important thing?
3. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
4. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
5. What Japanese tradition does Kakuro explain?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)