|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Summer Rain: Chapters 8-18, Journal of the Movement of the World Nos. 5-6 and Profound Thought No. 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Renee and Kakuro discuss before he shows her his kitchen?
(a) The painting in the entryway.
(b) The haiku poem he gives her.
(c) The tapestry hanging in the entryway.
(d) The way the Japanese value austerity.
2. What does Renee think of what she read of this author?
(a) It is confusing but has merit.
(b) It is nonsense.
(c) It is easy to understand but difficult to see any practical applications.
(d) It is brilliant.
3. Who is gossiping about Madame de Broglie?
(a) Renee and Manuela.
(b) Manuela and her husband.
(c) Manuela and a maid for the building next door.
(d) Renee and the maintenance man.
4. What does Chabrot tell Renee about Maître Arthens?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is going into the hospital.
(c) He is moving.
(d) He is ill and will be indisposed for a couple weeks.
5. What does Paloma realize about words?
(a) Words are overvalued, but useful to an extent.
(b) The same word has a different meaning to different people.
(c) It is words that have power, not deeds.
(d) Words are useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watched Neptune and Athena attempt this?
2. Why is Columbe been driving Paloma crazy?
3. What does Renee thinks offers more continuity in a house than conventional doors?
4. What is Renee thinking about when someone knocks on her door?
5. What does Renee think about as far as at in chapter 11?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)