Preamble, Marx: Chapters 1-2 and Profound Thought No. 1
• The son of a tenant where Renee Michel works as a concierge says Marx has changed the way he sees the world.
• She suggests he read "The German Ideology" and he stares at her that a concierge should know about such things.
• Renee has been concierge for twenty years and all of her clients are ultra-wealthy and believe she is unintelligent.
• Renee keeps the television on all day and conversation to a minimum to hide her intelligence. She loves to read.
• Currently Renee is reading "Anna Karenina" and also several writers on philosophy.
• Paloma Josse is a very intelligent and precocious twelve year old girl who knows her life will be lived in a fish bowl.
• Paloma has decided to end her life on her thirteenth birthday. She has thought of various ways of suicide.
• As a big fan of...
This section contains 2,629 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)