|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what format is this chapter written?
2. Instead of fleeing, Kesey decides to:
3. Who invites Kesey to speak at an anti-war rally at Berkeley?
4. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
5. Does Kesey give the Ampex to Sandy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Pranksters often talk about the outside world, the 'straight world.' In this chapter, however, when Wolfe asks Hassler to define what the Pranksters mean by the games the straight world plays, Hassler struggles to define it. What is Wolfe saying about this group and their beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Many critics call The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test a "classic." Why do you think this book is called that? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Tom Wolfe did a good job in telling the story of Kesey and the Merry Pranksters? Did you feel that he captured the essence of these people accurately? Or was he handicapped by his lack of experience with LSD?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)