|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
2. Kesey becomes increasingly paranoid in Mexico because he thinks:
3. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
4. Does Kesey give the Ampex to Sandy?
5. What do Mexicans call the Pranksters?
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter "Cloud," we see the business side of LSD. How are Owsley and the Mad Chemist different? Is Owsley a visionary? Or is he just a shrewd businessman?
Essay Topic 2
Wolfe writes extensively in the chapter "Dream Wars" about the Pranksters' trip back to California and specifically, about Sandy's bad trips and paranoia. Is Wolfe a fair observer of what's unfolding in this chapter? Or, is he insensitive to Sandy's hardships? How does Wolfe view Kesey and the rest of the Pranksters and their reactions to Sandy's bad trips?
Essay Topic 3
What was your reaction to the gang-rape of the woman by the Hell's Angels at the Pranksters' party? What did you think of the way Wolfe portrayed this scene?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)