|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
2. Do the Pranksters believe in anti-war rallies?
3. Who followed Haugen to Mexico?
4. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
5. What does Mountain Girl do after her trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
2. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
3. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
4. Why do you think Wolfe wrote this chapter in this free-verse style?
5. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
6. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
7. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
8. What happens to Kesey during the electrical storm on the beach?
9. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
10. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was your reaction to the gang-rape of the woman by the Hell's Angels at the Pranksters' party? What did you think of the way Wolfe portrayed this scene?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Kesey oppose anti-war rallies? Explain how he demonstrates this point of view when he appears at a rally at Berkeley.
Essay Topic 3
Were the Pranksters just being lazy by not talking about the experience on the bus? Or was it a good idea not to talk about it? Do you think that if they had started talking about their experiences with LSD on the bus things would have been different? If so, how so?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)