|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Owsley make?
2. What does Page discover?
3. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
4. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
5. Who prevents the Pranksters from holding Graduation at Winterland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
2. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
3. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
4. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
5. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
6. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
7. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
8. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
9. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
10. Why do you think Wolfe wrote this chapter in this free-verse style?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
Essay Topic 2
When Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters to La Honda, people he used to hang out with on Perry Lane complain that this is no longer the old group of friends, but it's increasingly Kesey's trip. What were they noticing that was so different about Kesey? What was Kesey doing that indicated he was going to be the leader from this point forward?
Essay Topic 3
Many critics call The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test a "classic." Why do you think this book is called that? Do you agree?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)