|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
2. Where is Neal Cassady's body found?
3. Who is coming to San Francisco in September 1965?
4. Who gives a first-hand account of the Kool-Aid Acid Test?
5. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
2. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
3. Wolfe writes, "To Kesey, it was a hopeless flea-bitten desert he was fleeing into." What are some of the other descriptions Kesey uses to portray Mexico?
4. Did Kesey seem to know his fate all along his LSD-Pranksters journey?
5. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
6. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
7. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
8. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
9. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
10. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is fundamentally different between the Pranksters' approach to LSD and the approaches of intellectuals like Aldous Huxley, Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert? What were the Pranksters trying to get at that they thought the others were not? Why was that so important to the Pranksters?
Essay Topic 2
What was your reaction to the gang-rape of the woman by the Hell's Angels at the Pranksters' party? What did you think of the way Wolfe portrayed this scene?
Essay Topic 3
Were the Pranksters just being lazy by not talking about the experience on the bus? Or was it a good idea not to talk about it? Do you think that if they had started talking about their experiences with LSD on the bus things would have been different? If so, how so?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)