|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
2. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
3. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
4. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
5. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the mixed, almost bad reviews of Sometimes a Great Nation hurt Kesey? Or did he sincerely believe that the bus was a new art form? What does he mean when he points to the bus and suggests it's a totally new art form?
Essay Topic 2
What was your reaction to the gang-rape of the woman by the Hell's Angels at the Pranksters' party? What did you think of the way Wolfe portrayed this scene?
Essay Topic 3
One of the recurring themes in this story is control. Specifically, Kesey's need to have control of the Pranksters and the situations in which he found himself. Starting with the bus, which was apparently Babb's original idea, how does Kesey continually assert his control over the group? Why do you think he needs this control? What does it say about him?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)