|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevents the Pranksters from holding Graduation at Winterland?
2. Where does Babbs move the Acid Test scene?
3. Do the Pranksters believe in anti-war rallies?
4. Who takes over leadership while Kesey's in Mexico?
5. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
2. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
3. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
4. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
5. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
6. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
7. What happens to Kesey during the electrical storm on the beach?
8. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
9. Wolfe writes, "To Kesey, it was a hopeless flea-bitten desert he was fleeing into." What are some of the other descriptions Kesey uses to portray Mexico?
10. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many critics call The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test a "classic." Why do you think this book is called that? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 2
When Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters to La Honda, people he used to hang out with on Perry Lane complain that this is no longer the old group of friends, but it's increasingly Kesey's trip. What were they noticing that was so different about Kesey? What was Kesey doing that indicated he was going to be the leader from this point forward?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Cloud," we see the business side of LSD. How are Owsley and the Mad Chemist different? Is Owsley a visionary? Or is he just a shrewd businessman?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)