|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
2. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
3. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
4. In an interview with the Chronicle, Kesey says he intends to:
5. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
2. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
3. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
4. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
5. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
6. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
7. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
8. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
9. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
10. Is this a happy ending?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Were the Pranksters just being lazy by not talking about the experience on the bus? Or was it a good idea not to talk about it? Do you think that if they had started talking about their experiences with LSD on the bus things would have been different? If so, how so?
Essay Topic 2
In the first chapter of The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, Tom Wolfe starts off first by talking about what he has heard about Ken Kesey, and then recounts his first meeting with the LSD guru. He also mentions meeting some of the other Merry Pranksters including Mountain Girl and Neal Cassady. Talk about the tone that Wolfe sets for the book from the start, and his style of writing, and whether this writing style is effective in capturing the story of Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kesey oppose anti-war rallies? Explain how he demonstrates this point of view when he appears at a rally at Berkeley.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)