|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
2. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
3. How does Kesey avoid getting arrested on his way to the university test?
4. How does Mountain Girl appear in court?
5. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
2. Why did the Pranksters and their followers fall apart after Kesey's trial?
3. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
4. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
5. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
6. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
7. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
8. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
9. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
10. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which group do you think was more serious about proving the legitimacy of LSD, the Pranksters or the Leary Group? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What was Kesey's aim with the Acid Test? Do you think he articulated what he wanted to do when he meant turning the world onto LSD? Did he achieve anything through it? Or, was it just a reason to get high and party with others on LSD?
Essay Topic 3
When Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters to La Honda, people he used to hang out with on Perry Lane complain that this is no longer the old group of friends, but it's increasingly Kesey's trip. What were they noticing that was so different about Kesey? What was Kesey doing that indicated he was going to be the leader from this point forward?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)