|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bus?
2. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
3. What confuses the cops about the LSD "crazies"?
4. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
5. Kesey decides he wants to turn the world onto LSD through:
Short Essay Questions
1. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
2. How does Mountain Girl manage to get off with just a fine for the marijuana charges against her?
3. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
4. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
5. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
6. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
7. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
8. Did Kesey seem to know his fate all along his LSD-Pranksters journey?
9. What happens to Kesey during the electrical storm on the beach?
10. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter "Cloud," we see the business side of LSD. How are Owsley and the Mad Chemist different? Is Owsley a visionary? Or is he just a shrewd businessman?
Essay Topic 2
What was your reaction to the gang-rape of the woman by the Hell's Angels at the Pranksters' party? What did you think of the way Wolfe portrayed this scene?
Essay Topic 3
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)