Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
2. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
3. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
4. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
5. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
Essay Topic 1
What was Kesey's aim with the Acid Test? Do you think he articulated what he wanted to do when he meant turning the world onto LSD? Did he achieve anything through it? Or, was it just a reason to get high and party with others on LSD?
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, what was it about LSD that captivated so many people, especially during the 1960s? Do you think that people really emerged more enlightened after trying the drug?
Essay Topic 3
In the first chapter of The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, Tom Wolfe starts off first by talking about what he has heard about Ken Kesey, and then recounts his first meeting with the LSD guru. He also mentions meeting some of the other Merry Pranksters including Mountain Girl and Neal Cassady. Talk about the tone that Wolfe sets for the book from the start, and his style of writing, and whether this writing style is effective in capturing the story of Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)