|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Black Maria's real name?
2. Kesey moves with his family to:
3. Who joints the second Acid Test party?
4. Do the Pranksters ever see each other again?
5. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
2. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
3. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
4. Why did the Pranksters and their followers fall apart after Kesey's trial?
5. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
6. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
7. Wolfe writes, "To Kesey, it was a hopeless flea-bitten desert he was fleeing into." What are some of the other descriptions Kesey uses to portray Mexico?
8. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
9. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
10. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Tom Wolfe did a good job in telling the story of Kesey and the Merry Pranksters? Did you feel that he captured the essence of these people accurately? Or was he handicapped by his lack of experience with LSD?
Essay Topic 2
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
Essay Topic 3
What was Kesey's aim with the Acid Test? Do you think he articulated what he wanted to do when he meant turning the world onto LSD? Did he achieve anything through it? Or, was it just a reason to get high and party with others on LSD?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)