Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
2. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
3. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
4. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
5. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kesey oppose anti-war rallies? Explain how he demonstrates this point of view when he appears at a rally at Berkeley.
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter "Cloud," we see the business side of LSD. How are Owsley and the Mad Chemist different? Is Owsley a visionary? Or is he just a shrewd businessman?
Essay Topic 3
One of the recurring themes in this story is control. Specifically, Kesey's need to have control of the Pranksters and the situations in which he found himself. Starting with the bus, which was apparently Babb's original idea, how does Kesey continually assert his control over the group? Why do you think he needs this control? What does it say about him?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)