Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
2. What literary form opens this chapter?
3. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
4. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
5. Where does Kesey go to do graduate work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kesey's second novel, Sometimes a Great Nation, received? How does Kesey react to the reviews?
2. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
3. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
4. When Kesey returns to California, he's in a strange state of mind. He says he's in the cops movie now. Does Kesey believe he's going to be captured?
5. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
6. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
7. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
8. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
9. Does Wolfe think the Merry Pranksters are odd?
10. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
Essay Topic 1
Do any of the Pranksters really know what to make of Kesey? Why do they find it so easy to follow him? Do they understand what they're doing? Or is it all fun and games for them?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Beauty Witch? And what are your thoughts on how the Pranksters reacted to her madness? Did you think they were fair? Honest? Insensitive?
Essay Topic 3
What was Kesey's aim with the Acid Test? Do you think he articulated what he wanted to do when he meant turning the world onto LSD? Did he achieve anything through it? Or, was it just a reason to get high and party with others on LSD?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)