|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Kesey gives his group?
2. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
3. Do Kesey and the crew talk much about the experience on the bus?
4. What do the Pranksters learn at a beach in New Orleans?
5. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
2. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
3. What starts to annoy the other Pranksters about Kesey at this point in their story?
4. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
5. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
6. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
7. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
8. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
9. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
10. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Tom Wolfe did a good job in telling the story of Kesey and the Merry Pranksters? Did you feel that he captured the essence of these people accurately? Or was he handicapped by his lack of experience with LSD?
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter "Cloud," we see the business side of LSD. How are Owsley and the Mad Chemist different? Is Owsley a visionary? Or is he just a shrewd businessman?
Essay Topic 3
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)