|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wolfe, what do the La Honda citizens call the Kesey colony?
2. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
3. Who is most likely to understand Kesey and the Merry Pranksters?
4. What does Wolfe compare to the Pranksters?
5. What drink is in the bus fridge and laced with LSD?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
2. Does Wolfe think the Merry Pranksters are odd?
3. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
4. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
5. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
6. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
7. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
8. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
9. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
10. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Tom Wolfe did a good job in telling the story of Kesey and the Merry Pranksters? Did you feel that he captured the essence of these people accurately? Or was he handicapped by his lack of experience with LSD?
Essay Topic 2
Many critics call The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test a "classic." Why do you think this book is called that? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 3
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)