|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe some of the young women who join the Pranksters on the bus.
2. What happens after the bust on La Honda?
3. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
4. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
5. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
2. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
3. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
4. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
5. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
6. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
7. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
8. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
9. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
10. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Kesey's aim with the Acid Test? Do you think he articulated what he wanted to do when he meant turning the world onto LSD? Did he achieve anything through it? Or, was it just a reason to get high and party with others on LSD?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Beauty Witch? And what are your thoughts on how the Pranksters reacted to her madness? Did you think they were fair? Honest? Insensitive?
Essay Topic 3
Do any of the Pranksters really know what to make of Kesey? Why do they find it so easy to follow him? Do they understand what they're doing? Or is it all fun and games for them?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)