|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
2. What does Kenneth Babbs introduce to the new Kesey colony?
3. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
4. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
5. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
Short Essay Questions
1. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
2. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
3. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
4. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
5. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
6. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
7. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
8. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
9. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
10. What starts to annoy the other Pranksters about Kesey at this point in their story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters to La Honda, people he used to hang out with on Perry Lane complain that this is no longer the old group of friends, but it's increasingly Kesey's trip. What were they noticing that was so different about Kesey? What was Kesey doing that indicated he was going to be the leader from this point forward?
Essay Topic 2
The Pranksters often talk about the outside world, the 'straight world.' In this chapter, however, when Wolfe asks Hassler to define what the Pranksters mean by the games the straight world plays, Hassler struggles to define it. What is Wolfe saying about this group and their beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Beauty Witch? And what are your thoughts on how the Pranksters reacted to her madness? Did you think they were fair? Honest? Insensitive?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)