|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
2. Who is Gary Goldhill?
3. Does Kesey believe that experiencing things in the present is really possible?
4. Kesey, while working as a night attendant in psych ward writes what famous novel?
5. What happens after the bust on La Honda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
2. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
3. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
4. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
5. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
6. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
7. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
8. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
9. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
10. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters to La Honda, people he used to hang out with on Perry Lane complain that this is no longer the old group of friends, but it's increasingly Kesey's trip. What were they noticing that was so different about Kesey? What was Kesey doing that indicated he was going to be the leader from this point forward?
Essay Topic 2
Which group do you think was more serious about proving the legitimacy of LSD, the Pranksters or the Leary Group? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)