|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink is in the bus fridge and laced with LSD?
2. When Kesey returns to the warehouse after a stay in jail, what does he say to Mountain Girl?
3. Where was Kesey born and raised?
4. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
5. Who are the Young Turks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
2. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
3. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
4. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
5. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
6. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
7. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
8. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
9. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
10. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do any of the Pranksters really know what to make of Kesey? Why do they find it so easy to follow him? Do they understand what they're doing? Or is it all fun and games for them?
Essay Topic 2
When Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters to La Honda, people he used to hang out with on Perry Lane complain that this is no longer the old group of friends, but it's increasingly Kesey's trip. What were they noticing that was so different about Kesey? What was Kesey doing that indicated he was going to be the leader from this point forward?
Essay Topic 3
What was Kesey's aim with the Acid Test? Do you think he articulated what he wanted to do when he meant turning the world onto LSD? Did he achieve anything through it? Or, was it just a reason to get high and party with others on LSD?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)