|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freewheeling Frank is a:
2. Who is Sonny Barger?
3. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
4. Where does the author Tom Wolfe first meet Kesey?
5. Why is Neal Cassady well-known?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
2. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
3. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
4. What does Kesey mean when he says that New York is two years behind San Francisco?
5. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
6. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
7. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
8. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
9. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
10. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Tom Wolfe did a good job in telling the story of Kesey and the Merry Pranksters? Did you feel that he captured the essence of these people accurately? Or was he handicapped by his lack of experience with LSD?
Essay Topic 2
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Cloud," we see the business side of LSD. How are Owsley and the Mad Chemist different? Is Owsley a visionary? Or is he just a shrewd businessman?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)