|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Pranksters-Angels party last?
2. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
3. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
4. What does Wolfe find distracting about Hassler?
5. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
2. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
3. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
4. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
5. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
6. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
7. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
8. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
9. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
10. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many critics call The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test a "classic." Why do you think this book is called that? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Kesey oppose anti-war rallies? Explain how he demonstrates this point of view when he appears at a rally at Berkeley.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Tom Wolfe did a good job in telling the story of Kesey and the Merry Pranksters? Did you feel that he captured the essence of these people accurately? Or was he handicapped by his lack of experience with LSD?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)