|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gary Goldhill?
2. What is Unauthorized Acid?
3. What do Kesey and his cohorts wear?
4. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
5. Is the intersubjectivity for the group the same on the bus and off the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
2. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
3. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
4. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
5. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
6. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
7. Have the Pranksters broken away from mainstream society?
8. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
9. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
10. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was your reaction to the gang-rape of the woman by the Hell's Angels at the Pranksters' party? What did you think of the way Wolfe portrayed this scene?
Essay Topic 2
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
Essay Topic 3
Wolfe writes extensively in the chapter "Dream Wars" about the Pranksters' trip back to California and specifically, about Sandy's bad trips and paranoia. Is Wolfe a fair observer of what's unfolding in this chapter? Or, is he insensitive to Sandy's hardships? How does Wolfe view Kesey and the rest of the Pranksters and their reactions to Sandy's bad trips?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)