|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
2. As the conference progresses, what becomes more interesting to Kesey?
3. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
4. What does MDT stand for?
5. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
Short Essay Questions
1. Is this a happy ending?
2. Does Wolfe think the Merry Pranksters are odd?
3. After the Conference, someone describes Kesey as the "Prophet King." What are Kesey and his group being compared to? Is it a valid comparison?
4. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
5. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
6. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
7. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
8. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
9. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
10. Have the Pranksters broken away from mainstream society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, what was it about LSD that captivated so many people, especially during the 1960s? Do you think that people really emerged more enlightened after trying the drug?
Essay Topic 2
Many critics call The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test a "classic." Why do you think this book is called that? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 3
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
This section contains 1,562 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)