|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the bust on La Honda?
2. Where do the Pranksters go to meet Leary?
3. What is Perry Lane?
4. What drink is in the bus fridge and laced with LSD?
5. Why does Kesey decide to leave Millbrook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
2. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
3. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
4. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
5. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
6. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
7. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
8. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
9. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
10. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many critics call The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test a "classic." Why do you think this book is called that? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 2
What was Kesey's aim with the Acid Test? Do you think he articulated what he wanted to do when he meant turning the world onto LSD? Did he achieve anything through it? Or, was it just a reason to get high and party with others on LSD?
Essay Topic 3
The Pranksters often talk about the outside world, the 'straight world.' In this chapter, however, when Wolfe asks Hassler to define what the Pranksters mean by the games the straight world plays, Hassler struggles to define it. What is Wolfe saying about this group and their beliefs?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)