|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After doing a lot of talking, Kesey emerges from the bus with what on his face?
2. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
3. Describe some of the young women who join the Pranksters on the bus.
4. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
5. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
2. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
3. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
4. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
5. How are the Pranksters and the Angels similar? How are they different?
6. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
7. What does Kesey mean when he says that New York is two years behind San Francisco?
8. What starts to annoy the other Pranksters about Kesey at this point in their story?
9. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
10. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, what was it about LSD that captivated so many people, especially during the 1960s? Do you think that people really emerged more enlightened after trying the drug?
Essay Topic 2
When Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters to La Honda, people he used to hang out with on Perry Lane complain that this is no longer the old group of friends, but it's increasingly Kesey's trip. What were they noticing that was so different about Kesey? What was Kesey doing that indicated he was going to be the leader from this point forward?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kesey oppose anti-war rallies? Explain how he demonstrates this point of view when he appears at a rally at Berkeley.
This section contains 1,657 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)