|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
2. What do the Pranksters do ahead of the arrival of the police?
3. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
4. What is "Tootling the Multitudes?"
5. What do the Pranksters learn at a beach in New Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
2. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
3. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
4. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
5. How is Kesey's second novel, Sometimes a Great Nation, received? How does Kesey react to the reviews?
6. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
7. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
8. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
9. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
10. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Why did Kesey write the story? How did this novel change his life?
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter "Cloud," we see the business side of LSD. How are Owsley and the Mad Chemist different? Is Owsley a visionary? Or is he just a shrewd businessman?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Beauty Witch? And what are your thoughts on how the Pranksters reacted to her madness? Did you think they were fair? Honest? Insensitive?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)