|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kesey decides to return to the U.S. through what entry point?
(a) New York
(c) Brownsville, Texas
(d) Long Beach
2. What happens to Kesey on the rooftop of Stewart Brand's building in San Francisco?
(a) He gets arrested for possession of marijuana
(b) He wears an electric suit
(c) He asks Mountain Girl to marry him
(d) He falls off but doesn't get injured
3. Does the officer come to the party?
(a) Not sure. Everyone was in costume, so it was impossible to know
(c) Yes, but only for five minutes
4. If Kesey goes back to the U.S. he'll be imprisoned. What do the rest of the group have to look forward to?
(a) The Warehouse and the Gas station
(c) Jobs and families
(d) Being taken over by the Leary group
5. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
(d) Mexico City
Short Answer Questions
1. Do the Pranksters believe in anti-war rallies?
2. What do Mexicans call the Pranksters?
3. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
4. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
5. How does Mountain Girl appear in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
2. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
3. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
4. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
5. What happens to Kesey during the electrical storm on the beach?
6. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
7. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
8. Is this a happy ending?
9. Why do you think Wolfe wrote this chapter in this free-verse style?
10. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)