|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one pass the acid test?
(a) They have to score 90 percent or more on the exit exam
(b) They have to get a job offer while tripping
(c) By taking LSD and not freaking out
(d) By taking DMT with LSD
2. If Kesey goes back to the U.S. he'll be imprisoned. What do the rest of the group have to look forward to?
(a) Jobs and families
(c) The Warehouse and the Gas station
(d) Being taken over by the Leary group
3. What does Black Maria do that annoys everyone else?
(a) She speaks in Spanish
(b) She hangs out with Mexicans on the beach
(c) She only talks to Kesey
(d) She sits on the beach with her back to everyone
4. Who gives a first-hand account of the Kool-Aid Acid Test?
(a) Clair Brush, a journalist
(b) The Blair Witch guy
(c) Clair Danes, an actress
(d) Clarence Brush, a novelist
5. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
(a) They never receive a formal invitation
(b) Yes but they decide not to show up
(c) They're not a band yet
(d) No, they're under contract to play elsewhere
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of fleeing, Kesey decides to:
2. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
3. Why is Kesey planning to go to Mexico?
4. Does Kesey give the Ampex to Sandy?
5. What is Black Maria's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Kesey seem to know his fate all along his LSD-Pranksters journey?
2. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
3. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
4. When Kesey returns to California, he's in a strange state of mind. He says he's in the cops movie now. Does Kesey believe he's going to be captured?
5. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
6. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
7. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
8. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
9. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
10. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)