|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joints the second Acid Test party?
(a) Peter, Paul and Mary
(b) Bob Dylan
(c) Timothy Leary and his group
(d) Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.
2. Why are people disappointed in Kesey after the trial?
(a) They discover he was a fraud
(b) They think he's going to work for the government
(c) They thought he was going to testify using a harmonica
(d) They think he sold out to avoid jail
3. Instead of fleeing, Kesey decides to:
(a) Stay in Mexico and start the Mexican Pranksters
(b) Stay in Mexico and assume a new identity
(c) Turn himself into the Mexican authorities
(d) Invite the Mexican officer to a party, the first Mexican Acid Test
4. If Kesey goes back to the U.S. he'll be imprisoned. What do the rest of the group have to look forward to?
(a) The Warehouse and the Gas station
(b) Being taken over by the Leary group
(d) Jobs and families
5. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
(a) Join the Grateful Dead
(b) Hold an Acid Test Graduation on Halloween
(c) Hold a drug-free party for the nation
(d) Denounce his past completely
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
2. Do the Pranksters ever see each other again?
3. At trial, what does the judge conclude about Kesey?
4. Where do the Pranksters get their money from?
5. Who 'fails' the acid test?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
2. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
3. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
4. Wolfe writes, "To Kesey, it was a hopeless flea-bitten desert he was fleeing into." What are some of the other descriptions Kesey uses to portray Mexico?
5. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
6. Is this a happy ending?
7. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
8. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
9. Why did the Pranksters and their followers fall apart after Kesey's trial?
10. How does Mountain Girl manage to get off with just a fine for the marijuana charges against her?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)