|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kesey planning to go to Mexico?
(a) He's tired of living in his own country
(b) To escape incarceration
(c) He thinks he can start a Mexican Pranksters
(d) He's always been interested in Mexican culture
2. While briefly in jail, Kesey meets a kid with:
(a) A tail
(b) Magic Fingernails
(c) A really bad temper
(d) Magical powers
3. Kesey decides he wants to turn the world onto LSD through:
(a) A weekly newspaper column
(b) The Acid Test
(c) How-to Books
(d) A bus tour
4. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(a) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
(b) They're electrified
(c) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
5. What happens to Kesey on the rooftop of Stewart Brand's building in San Francisco?
(a) He wears an electric suit
(b) He gets arrested for possession of marijuana
(c) He falls off but doesn't get injured
(d) He asks Mountain Girl to marry him
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
2. How does Kesey explain his philosophy about the war?
3. What confuses the cops about the LSD "crazies"?
4. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
5. Who takes over leadership while Kesey's in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
2. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
3. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
4. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
5. Did Kesey seem to know his fate all along his LSD-Pranksters journey?
6. Why do you think Wolfe wrote this chapter in this free-verse style?
7. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
8. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
9. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
10. How does Mountain Girl manage to get off with just a fine for the marijuana charges against her?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)