|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
(a) A carnival
(b) A rival for New York
(c) A center for culture and design
(d) A circus
2. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
(a) From the Leary Group
(b) From a source in Thailand
(c) From the Mad Chemist
(d) He makes it himself
3. How much time does Kesey serve?
(a) Five months on a working farm
(b) Five weeks in solitary confinement
(c) Six months in a maximum security prison
(d) Five months under house arrest
4. Who did Black Maria originally follow to Mexico?
(a) Jim Fish
(c) Mountain Girl
5. Who goes to Mexico with Kesey?
(a) Mountain Girl and Jerry Garcia
(b) Sandy and Babbs
(c) Zonker and Babbs
(d) Boise, Zonker and Jim Fish
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over leadership while Kesey's in Mexico?
2. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
3. What identity does Kesey take to reenter the U.S.?
4. What makes the Jug Band freeze?
5. In what format is this chapter written?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
2. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
3. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
4. Is this a happy ending?
5. Did Kesey seem to know his fate all along his LSD-Pranksters journey?
6. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
7. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
8. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
9. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
10. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)