|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owsley make?
(b) Film editing equipment
(d) Sound systems
2. Where do Kesey and friends get their visas to Mexico?
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) San Francisco
3. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
(a) A circus
(b) A center for culture and design
(c) A rival for New York
(d) A carnival
4. Back in Manzanillo, who sits in jail?
(a) Mountain Girl and Black Maria
(b) A bunch of Kesey devotees
(c) Hagen and Ram Rod
(d) Babbs and Zonker
5. What does Page discover?
(a) A Mexican journalist is watching them
(b) A Mexican undercover officer is watching the Pranksters
(c) Mexicans want to join the Pranksters
(d) The Federales are willing to take LSD for their silence
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Cassady's death?
2. How much does the Trips Festival gross in three days?
3. In an interview with the Chronicle, Kesey says he intends to:
4. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
5. Who joints the second Acid Test party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mountain Girl manage to get off with just a fine for the marijuana charges against her?
2. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
3. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
4. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
5. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
6. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
7. Wolfe writes, "To Kesey, it was a hopeless flea-bitten desert he was fleeing into." What are some of the other descriptions Kesey uses to portray Mexico?
8. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
9. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
10. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)