|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Black Maria's real name?
(a) Carol Sayer Bager
(b) Carolyn Hannah
(c) Carolyn Johnson
(d) Maria de la Puente
2. Where does Kesey get money?
(a) He finds it on the streets
(b) The American Consulate
(c) The Chinese Consulate
(d) He works for a few days in a cafe
3. What confuses the cops about the LSD "crazies"?
(a) They look so unhealthy, it's a miracle they're alive
(b) They look like zombies
(c) They look so healthy for people doing so much drugs
(d) They're so thin
4. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
(a) A center for culture and design
(b) A rival for New York
(c) A carnival
(d) A circus
5. How does Kesey avoid getting arrested on his way to the university test?
(a) He gets the Hell's Angels to escort him
(b) He dresses like a space pilot
(c) He wears a very long wig
(d) He dresses in drag
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
2. What does Black Maria do that annoys everyone else?
3. If Kesey goes back to the U.S. he'll be imprisoned. What do the rest of the group have to look forward to?
4. Who did Black Maria originally follow to Mexico?
5. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
2. Wolfe writes, "To Kesey, it was a hopeless flea-bitten desert he was fleeing into." What are some of the other descriptions Kesey uses to portray Mexico?
3. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
4. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
5. Why do you think Wolfe wrote this chapter in this free-verse style?
6. Did Kesey seem to know his fate all along his LSD-Pranksters journey?
7. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
8. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
9. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
10. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)