|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Black Maria do that annoys everyone else?
(a) She speaks in Spanish
(b) She sits on the beach with her back to everyone
(c) She hangs out with Mexicans on the beach
(d) She only talks to Kesey
2. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
(a) He makes it himself
(b) From the Mad Chemist
(c) From a source in Thailand
(d) From the Leary Group
3. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
(a) They never receive a formal invitation
(b) Yes but they decide not to show up
(c) They're not a band yet
(d) No, they're under contract to play elsewhere
4. What identity does Kesey take to reenter the U.S.?
(a) A drunken farmers on a horse
(b) A drunken cowboy singer on a horse
(c) A sober cowboy on foot
(d) A Cowboy football player
5. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
(c) Mexico City
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
2. Who goes to Mexico with Kesey?
3. What is the Probation Generation?
4. Why do people go to Kesey's property after the Concert?
5. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kesey during the electrical storm on the beach?
2. How does Mountain Girl manage to get off with just a fine for the marijuana charges against her?
3. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
4. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
5. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
6. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
7. Is this a happy ending?
8. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
9. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
10. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)