|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the slogan that the Pranksters use?
(a) We're doing it. Everyone should.
(b) Can you pass the acid test?
(c) It's not as bad as you think.
(d) Are you experienced?
2. Who do the Pranksters suspect is behind their bust on the way to Guadalajara?
(a) Fayes father
(b) Kesey's father
(c) They have no idea
(d) The father of Hagen's girlfriend
3. What was the cause of Cassady's death?
(a) A bar-room brawl
(b) Heart attack
(c) It's not known
(d) A broken heart
4. What has San Francisco State University become?
(a) The pot capital of the west
(b) The Yale of the west
(c) The acid heads' true universitas
(d) The Harvard of the west
5. What makes the Jug Band freeze?
(a) A combination of tear gas and drugs they've taken
(b) A combination of tear gas and really cold weather
(c) A combination of tear gas and fear
(d) The sight of Kesey and his harmonica
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Black Maria originally follow to Mexico?
2. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
3. How does Kesey avoid getting arrested on his way to the university test?
4. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
5. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
2. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
3. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
4. What happens to Kesey during the electrical storm on the beach?
5. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
6. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
7. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
8. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
9. Why did the Pranksters and their followers fall apart after Kesey's trial?
10. Is this a happy ending?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)