|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
(a) Yes but they decide not to show up
(b) They're not a band yet
(c) No, they're under contract to play elsewhere
(d) They never receive a formal invitation
2. Where do Kesey and friends get their visas to Mexico?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(c) San Francisco
3. Who invites Kesey to speak at an anti-war rally at Berkeley?
(a) Some obscure group whose name is never revealed
(b) The Vietnam Day Committee
(c) The U.S. President
(d) The Trustees of Berkeley University
4. Why is Kesey planning to go to Mexico?
(a) He thinks he can start a Mexican Pranksters
(b) He's always been interested in Mexican culture
(c) To escape incarceration
(d) He's tired of living in his own country
5. What confuses the cops about the LSD "crazies"?
(a) They look so healthy for people doing so much drugs
(b) They look like zombies
(c) They're so thin
(d) They look so unhealthy, it's a miracle they're alive
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
2. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
3. Do all of the Pranksters think giving out laced Kool-Aid without telling people is a good idea?
4. Where is the bus?
5. Kesey becomes increasingly paranoid in Mexico because he thinks:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
2. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
3. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
4. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
5. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
6. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
7. Did Kesey seem to know his fate all along his LSD-Pranksters journey?
8. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
9. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
10. When Kesey returns to California, he's in a strange state of mind. He says he's in the cops movie now. Does Kesey believe he's going to be captured?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)