|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mountain Girl appear in court?
(a) Pregnant in a loose-fitting dress
(b) Pregnant in a witch's outfit
(c) Slim, not visibly pregnant and in a long, covering dress
(d) Very pregnant and in a very short red dress
2. How much does the Trips Festival gross in three days?
(a) Twelve hundred and five dollars
(b) Twelve dollars and five cents
(c) Twelve thousand five hundred dollars
(d) One hundred twenty five thousand dollars
3. Kesey decides to return to the U.S. through what entry point?
(a) Long Beach
(b) New York
(d) Brownsville, Texas
4. What causes the Red Tide?
(a) Octopus blood
(b) Too much plant fertilizer
(c) Whale blood
(d) An explosion of Plankton growth
5. Why are people disappointed in Kesey after the trial?
(a) They think he's going to work for the government
(b) They think he sold out to avoid jail
(c) They discover he was a fraud
(d) They thought he was going to testify using a harmonica
Short Answer Questions
1. After his horrible trip, Owsley threatens to:
2. Where does Kesey get money?
3. What has San Francisco State University become?
4. What confuses the cops about the LSD "crazies"?
5. What three events occur in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
2. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
3. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
4. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
5. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
6. When Kesey returns to California, he's in a strange state of mind. He says he's in the cops movie now. Does Kesey believe he's going to be captured?
7. Why did the Pranksters and their followers fall apart after Kesey's trial?
8. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
9. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
10. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)