|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
(a) She had an idea but ignored it
(b) Yes, but she didn't care
(c) She can't remember
2. Who invites Kesey to speak at an anti-war rally at Berkeley?
(a) The Vietnam Day Committee
(b) The Trustees of Berkeley University
(c) The U.S. President
(d) Some obscure group whose name is never revealed
3. Kesey becomes increasingly paranoid in Mexico because he thinks:
(a) Black Maria is in love with him
(b) Everyone looks like the devil
(c) The authorities are after him
(d) His LSD supply is very low
4. There is no greater calamity than the Red Tide in Manzanillo except:
(a) The Touristas
(b) The American Crazies
(c) The Mexican Federales
(d) The FBI
5. What is the Probation Generation?
(a) A generation of kids refusing to do anything that will get them in trouble
(b) A generation that believes prison is better than freedom
(c) A generation that's on probation until it proves it's worthy of freedome
(d) It's a generation of kids who have been busted for pot possession and are all free on probation
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kesey get money?
2. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
3. Kesey moves with his family to:
4. Why are people disappointed in Kesey after the trial?
5. Where do the Pranksters get their money from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
2. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
3. How does Mountain Girl manage to get off with just a fine for the marijuana charges against her?
4. Why do you think Wolfe wrote this chapter in this free-verse style?
5. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
6. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
7. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
8. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
9. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
10. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)