|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kesey becomes increasingly paranoid in Mexico because he thinks:
(a) Black Maria is in love with him
(b) The authorities are after him
(c) His LSD supply is very low
(d) Everyone looks like the devil
2. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
(a) From the Leary Group
(b) From the Mad Chemist
(c) From a source in Thailand
(d) He makes it himself
3. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He gives them LSD
(b) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
(c) He asks very politely
(d) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
4. Who takes over leadership while Kesey's in Mexico?
(b) Mountain Girl
5. How much time does Kesey serve?
(a) Six months in a maximum security prison
(b) Five months on a working farm
(c) Five months under house arrest
(d) Five weeks in solitary confinement
Short Answer Questions
1. If Kesey goes back to the U.S. he'll be imprisoned. What do the rest of the group have to look forward to?
2. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
3. Kesey moves with his family to:
4. Who do the Pranksters suspect is behind their bust on the way to Guadalajara?
5. Who joints the second Acid Test party?
Short Essay Questions
1. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
2. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
3. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
4. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
5. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
6. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
7. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
8. Why did the Pranksters and their followers fall apart after Kesey's trial?
9. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
10. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)