|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
(d) The Netherlands
2. Who prevents the Pranksters from holding Graduation at Winterland?
(a) Kesey himself
(b) Bill Graham
(c) Faye, Kesey's wife
(d) The Judge at Kesey's trial
3. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
(a) Chief Arturo Martinez Garza of the Mexican Federales
(b) The CIA
(c) The FBI
(d) The San Francisco police
4. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He asks very politely
(b) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
(c) He gives them LSD
(d) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
5. What has San Francisco State University become?
(a) The acid heads' true universitas
(b) The Harvard of the west
(c) The pot capital of the west
(d) The Yale of the west
Short Answer Questions
1. Kesey decides he wants to turn the world onto LSD through:
2. Where does Babbs move the Acid Test scene?
3. What does Black Maria do that annoys everyone else?
4. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
5. Where does Kesey get money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
2. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
3. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
4. Although nothing happens with the Mexican undercover agent, what does his presence make the Pranksters realize?
5. What happens to Kesey during the electrical storm on the beach?
6. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
7. How does Mountain Girl manage to get off with just a fine for the marijuana charges against her?
8. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
9. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
10. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)