|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
(a) Chief Arturo Martinez Garza of the Mexican Federales
(b) The CIA
(c) The FBI
(d) The San Francisco police
2. Why do people go to Kesey's property after the Concert?
(a) Rumors circulate that the Pranksters are giving away LSD
(b) Rumors circulate that the Beatles will be there after their concert
(c) They want to witness a John Lennon-Ken Kesey meeting
(d) They have nowhere else to go
3. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
(a) Coming Soon: The Beatles Test
(b) The Merry Pranksters Welcome the Beatles
(c) No Rock Bands Allowed on Premises
(d) The Merry Pranksters Prefer the Rolling Stones
4. What happens to Kesey on the rooftop of Stewart Brand's building in San Francisco?
(a) He falls off but doesn't get injured
(b) He wears an electric suit
(c) He gets arrested for possession of marijuana
(d) He asks Mountain Girl to marry him
5. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
(c) The Netherlands
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Kesey to speak at an anti-war rally at Berkeley?
2. Why is Kesey planning to go to Mexico?
3. What do Kesey, Zonker and Hagen drive to the meeting point?
4. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
5. To what does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Acid Test?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kesey returns to California, he's in a strange state of mind. He says he's in the cops movie now. Does Kesey believe he's going to be captured?
2. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
3. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
4. What happens to Kesey during the electrical storm on the beach?
5. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
6. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
7. Why do you think the Mexicans greet the Pranksters with "Diablo!"
8. Why did the Pranksters and their followers fall apart after Kesey's trial?
9. What did you think of Kesey's re-entry into the U.S.?
10. Wolfe writes, "To Kesey, it was a hopeless flea-bitten desert he was fleeing into." What are some of the other descriptions Kesey uses to portray Mexico?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)