|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Kesey give the Ampex to Sandy?
(c) Kesey doesn't even know what an Ampex is
(d) Yes, but not right away
2. At trial, what does the judge conclude about Kesey?
(a) He's no dragon, just a jackass
(b) That Kesey will change the world
(c) He's a dragon and very dangerous
(d) He's not a dragon but he is a wizard
3. What do Kesey, Zonker and Hagen drive to the meeting point?
(a) A pickup truck
(b) A Ford Mustang
(c) A Volkswagen bus
(d) An old car with no windows
4. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
(b) He gives them LSD
(c) He asks very politely
(d) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
5. Do the Pranksters ever see each other again?
(a) From time to time they visit Kesey
(b) Four times a year, at the end of each quarter
(d) They have a strict meeting date every year at Kesey's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the officer come to the party?
2. What do Mexicans call the Pranksters?
3. What is the slogan that the Pranksters use?
4. What has San Francisco State University become?
5. How does Mountain Girl appear in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think the Vietnam Day Committee understood what they were doing by inviting Kesey to speak?
2. Did Kesey seem to know his fate all along his LSD-Pranksters journey?
3. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
4. When Kesey returns to California, he's in a strange state of mind. He says he's in the cops movie now. Does Kesey believe he's going to be captured?
5. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
6. Once again we see how Kesey controls the group. Describe how he does it this time at Muir Beach?
7. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
8. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
9. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
10. How does Mountain Girl manage to get off with just a fine for the marijuana charges against her?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)