|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sonny Barger?
(a) A novelist and motorcycle enthusiast
(b) A cousin of Sonny Bono the singer
(c) The president of the Hell's Angels, famous from the Hunter S. Thompson book
(d) Sandy's cousin
2. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
(a) Forty Hell's Angels
(c) The Leary group
(d) Angelic Children
3. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Doris Day
(b) Dorothy Dandridge
(c) Delores Johnson
(d) Doris Roberts
4. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
(a) Yes, and they get along well
(b) They pass each other in the hallway but can't talk
(c) In a spiritual way, yes
5. Why does Kesey want to document the road trip?
(a) He wants to become a filmmaker
(b) He worries that his memory is fading
(c) He wants evidence in case he has to go to court someday
(d) He wants to capture the amazing things that will happen while on drugs
Short Answer Questions
1. As the conference progresses, what becomes more interesting to Kesey?
2. According to the author, what was the original intent of the trip?
3. What does Kesey say happened to him in Mexico?
4. Is the intersubjectivity for the group the same on the bus and off the bus?
5. How was Kesey's novel received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
2. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
3. After the Conference, someone describes Kesey as the "Prophet King." What are Kesey and his group being compared to? Is it a valid comparison?
4. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
5. Have the Pranksters broken away from mainstream society?
6. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
7. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
8. How are the Pranksters and the Angels similar? How are they different?
9. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
10. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)