|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
(a) Of course
(b) Yes, but only on Saturdays
(c) It's hard to say because they have no rules
2. Where was Kesey born and raised?
(a) No one really knows and he won't tell.
(b) In Portland, Oregon
(c) La Junta, Colorado. Raised in Springfield, Oregon.
(d) In La Honda, California
3. What does Kesey say happened to him in Mexico?
(a) That when he took acid in Manzanillo, he was struck by lightning suddenly had a second skin, like an electric suit
(b) He drank Sangria and was struck by lightning
(c) He found an old electric suit that reminded him of Elvis Presley
(d) He slept a lot and felt better not taking drugs
4. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
(a) He doesn't put his hands on the wheel
(b) He doesn't use the lights
(c) He doesn't use the brakes
(d) He sings opera very loudly
5. What does Goldhill urge Kesey to stop telling people?
(a) That legislation is needed to prohibit LSD
(b) That they should cease use of LSD
(c) That he's actually Timothy Leary
(d) That LSD isn't good for kids
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
2. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
3. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
4. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
5. What does Norman Hartweg want to do with the Pranksters' film?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kesey's second novel, Sometimes a Great Nation, received? How does Kesey react to the reviews?
2. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
3. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
4. What starts to annoy the other Pranksters about Kesey at this point in their story?
5. How are the Pranksters and the Angels similar? How are they different?
6. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
7. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
8. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
9. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
10. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)