|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Perry Lane?
(a) Stanford's Bohemian quarter, where Kesey eventually lived while studying at Stanford
(b) A street in La Honda, California where Kesey bought a house
(c) It's a mythical street made famous in a Beatles song
(d) It's the name of the warehouse
2. Do Kesey and the crew talk much about the experience on the bus?
(b) Only off-camera so no one knows what they're saying
(c) Yes, all the time
(d) Only to Tom Wolfe but off-record
3. Kesey says he wants everyone to do their thing and be Pranksters, but he also wants them to be:
4. What does Wolfe compare to the Pranksters?
(a) A polygamist cult
(b) The Army
(c) A massive psychological encounter group
(d) The Federal government
5. Kesey, while working as a night attendant in psych ward writes what famous novel?
(a) The Assassin
(b) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
(d) What to Expect when You're Expecting
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
2. Why does Kesey annoy many of the people who visit La Honda?
3. Where do the Pranksters go to meet Leary?
4. Where have Kesey and the Pranksters moved to?
5. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
2. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
3. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
4. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
5. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
6. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
7. Have the Pranksters broken away from mainstream society?
8. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
9. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
10. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)