|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kesey returns to SF from jail, what does he see and describes to Wolfe?
(a) He describes how San Francisco has slipped into sleaze and poverty
(b) He sees a city flourishing with life and wealth
(c) He sees a city that looks like New York
(d) He sees a city that looks more and more like Los Angeles
2. Who is most likely to understand Kesey and the Merry Pranksters?
(a) Mick Jagger and the rest of the Rolling Stones
(b) John F. Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline
(c) Timothy Leary and his League for Spiritual Discovery
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Civil Rights Movement
3. According to Wolfe, what do the La Honda citizens call the Kesey colony?
4. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
(a) He smiles a long drug-induced smile that wins them over
(b) He swims quickly to shore without saying a thing
(c) He offers them free drugs
(d) He offers to give them all rides home
5. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
(a) High-heeled shoes
(b) Black Matte Shoes
(c) Black Shiny Shoes
(d) Unshined shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
2. Kesey, while working as a night attendant in psych ward writes what famous novel?
3. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
4. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
5. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
2. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
3. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
4. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
5. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
6. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
7. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
8. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
9. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
10. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)