|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the Vietnam vet Babbs written and shown to Wolfe?
(a) A novel
(b) A gun
(c) A picture of a Vietnamese war prison
(d) A letter from John McCain
2. Why does Kesey decide to leave Millbrook?
(a) He gets a cool reception and finds he has little in common with the Leary Group
(b) He doesn't like the climate
(c) He misses California and feels homesick
(d) There's no parking space for the bus
3. What does Goldhill urge Kesey to stop telling people?
(a) That they should cease use of LSD
(b) That he's actually Timothy Leary
(c) That legislation is needed to prohibit LSD
(d) That LSD isn't good for kids
4. Why does Kesey want to document the road trip?
(a) He wants to capture the amazing things that will happen while on drugs
(b) He wants evidence in case he has to go to court someday
(c) He worries that his memory is fading
(d) He wants to become a filmmaker
5. How was Kesey's novel received?
(a) Very well
(b) Mixed reviews
(c) Not well at all
(d) No one read it because it was never published
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gary Goldhill?
2. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
3. Who is Sonny Barger?
4. Through a long quote by Joachim Wach, how does the author describe Kesey and company?
5. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the "straight" life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
2. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
3. After the Conference, someone describes Kesey as the "Prophet King." What are Kesey and his group being compared to? Is it a valid comparison?
4. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
5. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
6. Does Wolfe think the Merry Pranksters are odd?
7. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
8. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
9. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
10. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)