|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Doris Day
(b) Dorothy Dandridge
(c) Delores Johnson
(d) Doris Roberts
2. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
(a) They're a group of California crazies
(b) They have bad taste in clothing
(c) They're impressed and hope they return soon
(d) They're too quiet
3. What does Kesey discover at Stanford that changes the course of his life?
(b) Sleeping pills
4. After doing a lot of talking, Kesey emerges from the bus with what on his face?
(a) Day Glo paint
(b) Women's makeup
(c) A huge swath of adhesive tape over his mouth
(d) The sign of the cross over his forehead
5. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
(a) No, absolutely not
(b) On a very conditional basis
(c) No one knows because it's against the law to talk about them
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Pranksters-Angels party last?
2. What is Unauthorized Acid?
3. What is the name that Kesey gives his group?
4. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
5. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kesey's second novel, Sometimes a Great Nation, received? How does Kesey react to the reviews?
2. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
3. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
4. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
5. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
6. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
7. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
8. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
9. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
10. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)