|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Beauty Witch when the group reaches Houston?
(a) She gets car sickness
(b) She gets a job offer and has to leave
(c) She has gone completely insane
(d) She is recruited to participate in a pageant
2. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
(d) His holiness
3. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
(a) He can't because Cassady is impossible to get to know
(b) Bizarre. He speaks in a most unusual language
(c) Not dependable at all
(d) A rock.The most dependable of all the Pranksters
4. What does Goldhill urge Kesey to stop telling people?
(a) That he's actually Timothy Leary
(b) That legislation is needed to prohibit LSD
(c) That they should cease use of LSD
(d) That LSD isn't good for kids
5. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
(a) He stops taking LSD and decides he wants to leave
(b) He loses control of himself, makes a scene and has to leave the group
(c) He defects to the Leary group
(d) He starts his own academic study of LSD at Columbia University
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Pranksters arrive at the seven-day Unitarian Conference?
2. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
3. According to Wolfe, what do the La Honda citizens call the Kesey colony?
4. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
5. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kesey's second novel, Sometimes a Great Nation, received? How does Kesey react to the reviews?
2. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
3. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
4. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
5. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
6. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
7. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
8. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
9. What starts to annoy the other Pranksters about Kesey at this point in their story?
10. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)