|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Sandy's disturbing hallucinations?
(a) The LSD that the Learyites used
(b) Thoughts of the DMZ in Korea
(c) Some cheap LSD he bought in New York
(d) DMT, which he took at Millbrook
2. What is "Tootling the Multitudes?"
(a) To play people like they were music
(b) Serenading unsuspecting women
(c) Singing Broadway songs to people who can't afford show tickets
(d) Telling the common folk that they were pretty cool
3. Who is Sonny Barger?
(a) A cousin of Sonny Bono the singer
(b) A novelist and motorcycle enthusiast
(c) Sandy's cousin
(d) The president of the Hell's Angels, famous from the Hunter S. Thompson book
4. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
(a) He offers them free drugs
(b) He offers to give them all rides home
(c) He smiles a long drug-induced smile that wins them over
(d) He swims quickly to shore without saying a thing
5. What are some of the regular features of life at La Honda?
(a) Day Glo paint on everything, Friday night dinners
(b) Arm wrestling on Wednesdays
(c) LSD-laced prayer sessions at sunrise
(d) Yoga classes three times a week to stay healthy
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
2. Do Kesey and the crew talk much about the experience on the bus?
3. What is the Bladder Totem?
4. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
5. Kesey, while working as a night attendant in psych ward writes what famous novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
2. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
3. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
4. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
5. After the Conference, someone describes Kesey as the "Prophet King." What are Kesey and his group being compared to? Is it a valid comparison?
6. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
7. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
8. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
9. Have the Pranksters broken away from mainstream society?
10. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)