|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe some of the young women who join the Pranksters on the bus.
(a) They wear little clothing and paint themselves in Day-Glo
(b) They wear nice suits and wear no makeup
(c) They sit still on the bus and never move unless told
(d) They wear baggy clothing and refuse to wear makeup
2. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the "straight" life?
(a) They are good people but not interesting
(b) They are involved in games and not conscious of them
(c) They pretend they are smart and they are not
(d) They play high-tech games that they don't understand
3. Why does Kesey want to document the road trip?
(a) He worries that his memory is fading
(b) He wants to become a filmmaker
(c) He wants to capture the amazing things that will happen while on drugs
(d) He wants evidence in case he has to go to court someday
4. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
(a) In a townhouse
(b) In a warehouse
(c) In a factory
(d) In a Victorian style house
5. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
(a) No, absolutely not
(b) No one knows because it's against the law to talk about them
(d) On a very conditional basis
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
2. How was Kesey's novel received?
3. Is the intersubjectivity for the group the same on the bus and off the bus?
4. What is Ken Kesey's profession?
5. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
2. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
3. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
4. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
5. What were your thoughts about the Pranksters giving laced Kool-Aid to people without telling them what was in the drink?
6. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
7. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
8. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
9. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
10. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)