|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
(a) A lead singer and his band
(b) A CEO and his staff
(c) An anchorman and his reporters
(d) A religious leader and his followers
2. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
(d) His holiness
3. What happens when the Pranksters arrive at the seven-day Unitarian Conference?
(a) They discover they like organized religion
(b) They offend the older Unitarians and intrigue the younger ones.
(c) They are popular with everyone
(d) They offend everyone
4. What is the cause of Sandy's disturbing hallucinations?
(a) The LSD that the Learyites used
(b) Some cheap LSD he bought in New York
(c) Thoughts of the DMZ in Korea
(d) DMT, which he took at Millbrook
5. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the "straight" life?
(a) They are involved in games and not conscious of them
(b) They play high-tech games that they don't understand
(c) They pretend they are smart and they are not
(d) They are good people but not interesting
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous literary figures show up at the Pranksters' party in New York?
2. Kesey enters Perry Lane initially as a writer but eventually becomes what?
3. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
4. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
5. Where was Kesey born and raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kesey mean when he says that New York is two years behind San Francisco?
2. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
3. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
4. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
5. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
6. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
7. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
8. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
9. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
10. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)