|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps the Pranksters together?
(a) Belief in the health insurance systems
(d) Ken Kesey, drug use, and common beliefs about society
2. What is "Tootling the Multitudes?"
(a) To play people like they were music
(b) Serenading unsuspecting women
(c) Telling the common folk that they were pretty cool
(d) Singing Broadway songs to people who can't afford show tickets
3. What is a rule that Kesey establishes for travel?
(a) Nobody's allowed to say what they really mean
(b) That there are no rules
(c) Nobody's allowed to get angry with anyone else no matter what
(d) That if someone is angry, just ignore them
4. What route do the Pranksters take back to California?
(a) They go through Canada before re-entering the U.S. through Washington
(b) The same one they took to the east coast
(c) The northern route
(d) The midwestern route
5. Is the intersubjectivity for the group the same on the bus and off the bus?
(a) Yes, completely
(c) It depends on the temperature outside the bus
(d) It's exactly the same on and off the bus
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Babbs place his writing in the warehouse?
2. Kesey says he wants everyone to do their thing and be Pranksters, but he also wants them to be:
3. What do the Angels like about Allen Ginsburg?
4. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
5. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
Short Essay Questions
1. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
2. Does Wolfe think the Merry Pranksters are odd?
3. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
4. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
5. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
6. After the Conference, someone describes Kesey as the "Prophet King." What are Kesey and his group being compared to? Is it a valid comparison?
7. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
8. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
9. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
10. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)