|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
(a) There was no early '60s drug culture
(b) There was no difference
(c) The early '60s drug culture was attached to civil rights
(d) The late '60s drug culture included electricity
2. Why does Kesey decide to leave Millbrook?
(a) He gets a cool reception and finds he has little in common with the Leary Group
(b) There's no parking space for the bus
(c) He doesn't like the climate
(d) He misses California and feels homesick
3. Where does Babbs place his writing in the warehouse?
(a) Under a bed
(b) In a box in the middle of the floor.
(c) In the closet
(d) In Kesey's belongings
4. What is a rule that Kesey establishes for travel?
(a) That there are no rules
(b) Nobody's allowed to say what they really mean
(c) That if someone is angry, just ignore them
(d) Nobody's allowed to get angry with anyone else no matter what
5. When Kesey returns to SF from jail, what does he see and describes to Wolfe?
(a) He sees a city flourishing with life and wealth
(b) He sees a city that looks like New York
(c) He describes how San Francisco has slipped into sleaze and poverty
(d) He sees a city that looks more and more like Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary form opens this chapter?
2. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
3. What is the name that Kesey gives his group?
4. What do the Pranksters introduce to the Angels?
5. What do the Angels like about Allen Ginsburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
2. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
3. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
4. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
5. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
6. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
7. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
8. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
9. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
10. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)