|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
(a) The Greater Whole
(b) Their pets
(c) Their parents
(d) The government
2. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
(a) Outsiders Welcome
(b) Acid Test Graduation
(c) Outsiders Graduate after Pranksters
(d) Cops Should Try This
3. After doing a lot of talking, Kesey emerges from the bus with what on his face?
(a) The sign of the cross over his forehead
(b) A huge swath of adhesive tape over his mouth
(c) Day Glo paint
(d) Women's makeup
4. What does Goldhill urge Kesey to stop telling people?
(a) That he's actually Timothy Leary
(b) That legislation is needed to prohibit LSD
(c) That they should cease use of LSD
(d) That LSD isn't good for kids
5. What does Kesey discover at Stanford that changes the course of his life?
(b) Sleeping pills
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Tootling the Multitudes?"
2. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
3. Who were the main figures on Perry Lane?
4. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
5. According to the author, what was the original intent of the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Wolfe writes, "To Kesey, it was a hopeless flea-bitten desert he was fleeing into." What are some of the other descriptions Kesey uses to portray Mexico?
2. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
3. Is it ironic that Owsley, who makes LSD, has a such a bad trip that he 'fails' the acid test?
4. What is it about the Red Tide that is so bothersome?
5. Why do you think Wolfe wrote this chapter in this free-verse style?
6. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
7. Why do you think Babbs moves the acid tests to Los Angeles?
8. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
9. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
10. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)