|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kesey, while working as a night attendant in psych ward writes what famous novel?
(a) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
(c) The Assassin
(d) What to Expect when You're Expecting
2. What does Kesey discover at Stanford that changes the course of his life?
(d) Sleeping pills
3. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
(a) The Flag of the Merry Pranksters
(b) His wife's face
(c) The American flag
(d) His birthdate
4. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Doris Roberts
(b) Delores Johnson
(c) Doris Day
(d) Dorothy Dandridge
5. Describe some of the young women who join the Pranksters on the bus.
(a) They wear little clothing and paint themselves in Day-Glo
(b) They wear baggy clothing and refuse to wear makeup
(c) They wear nice suits and wear no makeup
(d) They sit still on the bus and never move unless told
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
2. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
3. What do Kesey and his cohorts wear?
4. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
5. What route do the Pranksters take back to California?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
2. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
3. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
4. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
5. What does Kesey mean when he says that New York is two years behind San Francisco?
6. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
7. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
8. What starts to annoy the other Pranksters about Kesey at this point in their story?
9. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
10. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)