|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman Hartweg want to do with the Pranksters' film?
(a) Edit it and write about it
(b) Keep it in a safe place for them
(c) Send it to Norman Polanski to make a film
(d) Burn it so that it can't be used as evidence in a trial
2. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
(a) The Greater Whole
(b) Their parents
(c) The government
(d) Their pets
3. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
(a) A source of paper for his writing
(b) A fantastic stage setting where everyday would be a happening as an art form
(c) A mysterious place where dreams would be interpreted in a natural way
(d) A source of heating material
4. What is Perry Lane?
(a) Stanford's Bohemian quarter, where Kesey eventually lived while studying at Stanford
(b) It's a mythical street made famous in a Beatles song
(c) A street in La Honda, California where Kesey bought a house
(d) It's the name of the warehouse
5. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) She reads more books and writes a few novels
(b) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
(c) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
(d) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ken Kesey's profession?
2. What does Kesey discover at Stanford that changes the course of his life?
3. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
4. Why does Kesey decide to leave Millbrook?
5. What does Kenneth Babbs introduce to the new Kesey colony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
2. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
3. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
4. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
5. By the end of the Unitarian conference, the younger Unitarians are so taken with the Pranksters, what do they do?
6. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
7. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
8. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
9. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
10. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)