|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
(a) Simple prose
(b) Magical Realism
(c) Hysterical Realism
(d) Hysterical Journalism
2. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
(c) Tickled to death
(d) Amused, not too serious
3. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
(a) He loses control of himself, makes a scene and has to leave the group
(b) He starts his own academic study of LSD at Columbia University
(c) He defects to the Leary group
(d) He stops taking LSD and decides he wants to leave
4. Does Kesey believe that experiencing things in the present is really possible?
(a) He's still unsure because the drugs haven't kicked in
(b) Absolutely. He thinks he's living proof of living in the present
(c) No, because our senses have a time lag
(d) He doesn't really care so long as he's having a good time
5. What happens after the bust on La Honda?
(a) The Pranksters's popularity plummets
(b) Kesey and Page Browning are charged with pot possession and the Pranksters' popularity increases
(c) The government seizes the land and imprisons the group
(d) Kesey is charged with tax fraud and is taken into custody
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
2. According to the author, what was the original intent of the trip?
3. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
4. Where does Babbs place his writing in the warehouse?
5. Who is most likely to understand Kesey and the Merry Pranksters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
2. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
3. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
4. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
5. Why do you think Kesey denies Sandy the Ampex?
6. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
7. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
8. Where is Kesey and what is he doing at the end of this story?
9. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
10. In reading this chapter, what did you think of Kesey's attempt at having a final graduation?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)