|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
(a) Acid Test Graduation
(b) Outsiders Graduate after Pranksters
(c) Cops Should Try This
(d) Outsiders Welcome
2. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
(a) The Greater Whole
(b) The government
(c) Their parents
(d) Their pets
3. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
(a) A rock.The most dependable of all the Pranksters
(b) Not dependable at all
(c) He can't because Cassady is impossible to get to know
(d) Bizarre. He speaks in a most unusual language
4. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
(a) High-heeled shoes
(b) Black Shiny Shoes
(c) Unshined shoes
(d) Black Matte Shoes
5. What does Wolfe find distracting about Hassler?
(a) He twitches his eyes constantly without a reason
(b) He is completely silent
(c) He's incredibly handsome
(d) His plastic toothbrush case in his shirt pocket
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Young Turks?
2. What literary form opens this chapter?
3. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
4. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
5. What drew the Hell's Angels to the Kesey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
2. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
3. What starts to annoy the other Pranksters about Kesey at this point in their story?
4. After the Conference, someone describes Kesey as the "Prophet King." What are Kesey and his group being compared to? Is it a valid comparison?
5. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
6. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
7. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
8. How is Kesey's second novel, Sometimes a Great Nation, received? How does Kesey react to the reviews?
9. What does Kesey mean when he says that New York is two years behind San Francisco?
10. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)