|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
(a) In a townhouse
(b) In a warehouse
(c) In a Victorian style house
(d) In a factory
2. What is Ken Kesey's profession?
(b) Television show host.
(d) He has no profession
3. Who is most likely to understand Kesey and the Merry Pranksters?
(a) Timothy Leary and his League for Spiritual Discovery
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Civil Rights Movement
(c) John F. Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline
(d) Mick Jagger and the rest of the Rolling Stones
4. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
(a) The Forbidden City of the West with Kesey as Emperor
(b) A kind of hill-country Versailles with Kesey as Sun-King
(c) Windsor Castle with Kesey as the Prince of Wales
(d) A shack in the mountainside
5. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
(b) She reads more books and writes a few novels
(c) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
(d) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
Short Answer Questions
1. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
2. What has the Vietnam vet Babbs written and shown to Wolfe?
3. Where was Kesey born and raised?
4. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
5. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
2. After the Conference, someone describes Kesey as the "Prophet King." What are Kesey and his group being compared to? Is it a valid comparison?
3. How are the Pranksters and the Angels similar? How are they different?
4. Why do the Leary followers dislike the Pranksters?
5. Does Wolfe think the Merry Pranksters are odd?
6. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
7. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
8. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
9. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
10. At this point, are the Pranksters losing sight of their vision? Why or why not?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)