|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kesey decide to leave Millbrook?
(a) He misses California and feels homesick
(b) There's no parking space for the bus
(c) He gets a cool reception and finds he has little in common with the Leary Group
(d) He doesn't like the climate
2. What keeps the Pranksters together?
(b) Ken Kesey, drug use, and common beliefs about society
(d) Belief in the health insurance systems
3. Through a long quote by Joachim Wach, how does the author describe Kesey and company?
(a) Insufferable and stupid
(b) As a group that has, for the most part, broken away from mainstream society
(c) Interesting but he questions why he's writing a book about them
(d) As a group that functions better than most families
4. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) She reads more books and writes a few novels
(b) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
(c) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
(d) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
5. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
(a) Their pets
(b) The government
(c) Their parents
(d) The Greater Whole
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
2. What drink is in the bus fridge and laced with LSD?
3. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
4. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
5. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
2. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
3. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
4. What starts to annoy the other Pranksters about Kesey at this point in their story?
5. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
6. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
7. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
8. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
9. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
10. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)