|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps the Pranksters together?
(b) Ken Kesey, drug use, and common beliefs about society
(d) Belief in the health insurance systems
2. What happens to the Beauty Witch when the group reaches Houston?
(a) She gets a job offer and has to leave
(b) She gets car sickness
(c) She is recruited to participate in a pageant
(d) She has gone completely insane
3. Where was Kesey born and raised?
(a) No one really knows and he won't tell.
(b) In Portland, Oregon
(c) La Junta, Colorado. Raised in Springfield, Oregon.
(d) In La Honda, California
4. What does Kesey discover at Stanford that changes the course of his life?
(d) Sleeping pills
5. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
(a) A source of paper for his writing
(b) A mysterious place where dreams would be interpreted in a natural way
(c) A fantastic stage setting where everyday would be a happening as an art form
(d) A source of heating material
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
2. What do the Pranksters learn at a beach in New Orleans?
3. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
4. Do Kesey and the crew talk much about the experience on the bus?
5. Who is most likely to understand Kesey and the Merry Pranksters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
2. Is it ironic that Kesey goes to the U.S. Consulate, isn't ironic and even gets money from one of the staff?
3. What happens when Kesey and Kerouac meet?
4. Following the success of the Trips Festival, what does Bill Graham do?
5. Is it ironic that Kesey wants to leave the Beatles concert before the crowd gets out of control?
6. Is this a happy ending?
7. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
8. For all the things that Kesey hates about Mexico, at this point he discovers a very different side of the country and its people. What does he discover?
9. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
10. What is Kesey's response to an imminent arrest?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)