Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
(a) He smiles a long drug-induced smile that wins them over
(b) He offers to give them all rides home
(c) He offers them free drugs
(d) He swims quickly to shore without saying a thing
2. What literary form opens this chapter?
(a) The lyrics of a Jimi Hendrix song
(b) A Walter Cronkite comment
(c) A poem
(d) A bible verse
3. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
(a) He doesn't use the brakes
(b) He sings opera very loudly
(c) He doesn't put his hands on the wheel
(d) He doesn't use the lights
4. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
(a) Simple prose
(b) Magical Realism
(c) Hysterical Realism
(d) Hysterical Journalism
5. Where does Kesey go to do graduate work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
2. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
3. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
4. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
5. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kesey's second novel, Sometimes a Great Nation, received? How does Kesey react to the reviews?
2. What is the significance of the Bladder Totem?
3. What happens to Perry Lane in July 1963?
4. When Kesey returns to California, he's in a strange state of mind. He says he's in the cops movie now. Does Kesey believe he's going to be captured?
5. After Zonker receives a telegram informing the group that the suicide note scheme didn't work, who spreads news that Kesey is in Mexico?
6. Do you think that Kesey went on his bizarre rant on stage because the Pranksters arrived late to the the anti-war rally with little reception?
7. What did you think when Kesey returns to La Honda after the concert and finds up to 400 people there?
8. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
9. Does Wolfe think the Merry Pranksters are odd?
10. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)