|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Kesey born and raised?
(a) No one really knows and he won't tell.
(b) In Portland, Oregon
(c) La Junta, Colorado. Raised in Springfield, Oregon.
(d) In La Honda, California
2. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
(a) The Forbidden City of the West with Kesey as Emperor
(b) A shack in the mountainside
(c) Windsor Castle with Kesey as the Prince of Wales
(d) A kind of hill-country Versailles with Kesey as Sun-King
3. Where do the Pranksters go to meet Leary?
(a) Ithica, New York
(b) Poughkeepsie, New York
(c) Queens, New York
(d) Millbrook, New York
4. What does Kesey do on stage that makes the Unitarians gasp?
(a) He steps on the American flag and grinds it into the floor.
(b) He burns the flag
(c) He tears the American flag apart and gives pieces to the audience
(d) He uses the flag like a towel to wipe his face
5. Where have Kesey and the Pranksters moved to?
(a) La Honda, California
(b) Santa Barbara, California
(c) La Jolla, California
(d) Seattle, Washington
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what was the original intent of the trip?
2. After doing a lot of talking, Kesey emerges from the bus with what on his face?
3. Where do Kesey and the Pranksters go?
4. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
5. What does Kesey say happened to him in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Prankster feel it's critical not to talk about their experience on the trip?
2. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
3. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
4. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
5. What distracts Wolfe when he is trying to listen to Hassler explain what the Pranksters mean when they talk about the games the straight world is caught up in?
6. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
7. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
8. Why do outsiders want to get in with the Pranksters?
9. How do the Pranksters view the Beauty Witch's descent into madness?
10. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)