|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Beauty Witch when the group reaches Houston?
(a) She has gone completely insane
(b) She gets a job offer and has to leave
(c) She gets car sickness
(d) She is recruited to participate in a pageant
2. When Kesey returns to SF from jail, what does he see and describes to Wolfe?
(a) He describes how San Francisco has slipped into sleaze and poverty
(b) He sees a city flourishing with life and wealth
(c) He sees a city that looks like New York
(d) He sees a city that looks more and more like Los Angeles
3. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
(a) Amused, not too serious
(d) Tickled to death
4. Where does Babbs place his writing in the warehouse?
(a) In a box in the middle of the floor.
(b) Under a bed
(c) In the closet
(d) In Kesey's belongings
5. Why does Kesey want to document the road trip?
(a) He wants evidence in case he has to go to court someday
(b) He worries that his memory is fading
(c) He wants to capture the amazing things that will happen while on drugs
(d) He wants to become a filmmaker
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Perry Lane?
2. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
3. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
4. What does Kesey do on stage that makes the Unitarians gasp?
5. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the "straight" life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
2. Why does Kesey refuse to tell people that they should STOP taking LSD?
3. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
4. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the 'straight life?'
5. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
6. Who is the subject of this book and why does Wolfe want to write about him?
7. Kesey moves his family and the Pranksters out to La Honda, California. Describe the new home.
8. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
9. What happens to Perry Lane when Kesey and his family return following the publication of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?"
10. What was the original plan for the road trip to the east coast?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)