|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
(d) His holiness
2. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
(a) He doesn't use the brakes
(b) He doesn't use the lights
(c) He sings opera very loudly
(d) He doesn't put his hands on the wheel
3. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
(a) Yes, and they get along well
(b) In a spiritual way, yes
(c) They pass each other in the hallway but can't talk
4. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
(a) Of course
(b) It's hard to say because they have no rules
(c) Yes, but only on Saturdays
5. What does Kesey discover at Stanford that changes the course of his life?
(c) Sleeping pills
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Pranksters arrive at the seven-day Unitarian Conference?
2. Kesey enters Perry Lane initially as a writer but eventually becomes what?
3. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
4. What does Kenneth Babbs introduce to the new Kesey colony?
5. Kesey, while working as a night attendant in psych ward writes what famous novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final disappointment the Pranksters experience at Millbrook?
2. Why does Hartweg have such a hard time understanding what the Pranksters have filmed?
3. Kesey compares this time in American History to what other time in ancient history?
4. Describe Wolfe's initial meeting with Kesey.
5. After Stark Naked goes mad and has to leave the group, the purpose of the trip and the documentary become clearer. What is that purpose?
6. Do you think Sandy would have stayed with the Pranksters if he hadn't had a bad trip?
7. Have the Pranksters broken away from mainstream society?
8. Describe the state of mind and general condition that leads Sandy to take the Unauthorized Acid:
9. What happens to the Pranksters after people hear more about their big weekend with the Angels?
10. After everything Wolfe had heard and researched about Kesey, when he finally meets him in jail, what does Kesey stress the most?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)