|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Acid Test?
(a) Spreading the Word of Christianity
(b) The SAT
(c) Joining the army
(d) Entrance exams in the Japanese education system
2. Who takes over leadership while Kesey's in Mexico?
(c) Mountain Girl
3. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
(b) He gives them LSD
(c) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
(d) He asks very politely
4. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
(a) He pitches a sledge hammer at him
(b) He yells at him
(c) He scares him with talk of the devil
(d) He punches him
5. How does Mountain Girl appear in court?
(a) Very pregnant and in a very short red dress
(b) Pregnant in a witch's outfit
(c) Slim, not visibly pregnant and in a long, covering dress
(d) Pregnant in a loose-fitting dress
6. What identity does Kesey take to reenter the U.S.?
(a) A drunken cowboy singer on a horse
(b) A Cowboy football player
(c) A drunken farmers on a horse
(d) A sober cowboy on foot
7. Back in Manzanillo, who sits in jail?
(a) Hagen and Ram Rod
(b) Mountain Girl and Black Maria
(c) Babbs and Zonker
(d) A bunch of Kesey devotees
8. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
(a) She is accepted to Vassar College
(b) She's pregnant and can't be around the Pranksters
(c) She suddenly misses her hometown
(d) She needs to take care of her parents
9. What three events occur in this chapter?
(a) Mountain Girl flees to Mexico, Kesey turns himself over, and Sandy writes a tell-all book
(b) Mountain Girl starts her own group, Sandy starts his and Kesey makes no changes
(c) Mountain Girl goes to New York, Sandy returns to New York and Kesey's heading for Mexico
(d) Keseys sells the bus, heads for Mexico and starts a cult there
10. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
(a) From the Leary Group
(b) From the Mad Chemist
(c) From a source in Thailand
(d) He makes it himself
11. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
(a) They will get more attention for LSD than him
(b) That they'll do something so outrageous they'll discredit the psychedelic movement
(c) They will discredit Stanford's writing program
(d) That they are not wild enough
12. Where do the Pranksters get their money from?
(a) Faye in La Honda
(b) Kesey's brother in Oregon
(c) Kesey's parents in Oregon
(d) Kesey's lawyer in San Francisco
13. According to Wolfe, who in three years time will film an LSD bus trip through England?
(a) The Beatles
(c) The Rolling Stones
(d) Timothy Leary
14. Who joints the second Acid Test party?
(a) Bob Dylan
(b) Peter, Paul and Mary
(c) Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.
(d) Timothy Leary and his group
15. What does Page discover?
(a) The Federales are willing to take LSD for their silence
(b) Mexicans want to join the Pranksters
(c) A Mexican undercover officer is watching the Pranksters
(d) A Mexican journalist is watching them
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
2. Where is the bus?
3. Kesey becomes increasingly paranoid in Mexico because he thinks:
4. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
5. Why is Kesey planning to go to Mexico?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)