|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mountain Girl appear in court?
(a) Slim, not visibly pregnant and in a long, covering dress
(b) Pregnant in a witch's outfit
(c) Pregnant in a loose-fitting dress
(d) Very pregnant and in a very short red dress
2. Who prevents the Pranksters from holding Graduation at Winterland?
(a) Bill Graham
(b) Kesey himself
(c) Faye, Kesey's wife
(d) The Judge at Kesey's trial
3. What does Sandy want the Ampex for?
(a) He doesn't like people using his equipment without him around
(b) He wants to use it for another project
(c) To raise money for his medical bills
(d) He wants to start a recording studio
4. What confuses the cops about the LSD "crazies"?
(a) They look like zombies
(b) They're so thin
(c) They look so unhealthy, it's a miracle they're alive
(d) They look so healthy for people doing so much drugs
5. How much time does Kesey serve?
(a) Five weeks in solitary confinement
(b) Six months in a maximum security prison
(c) Five months on a working farm
(d) Five months under house arrest
6. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(a) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
(c) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
(d) They're electrified
7. Kesey becomes increasingly paranoid in Mexico because he thinks:
(a) The authorities are after him
(b) Everyone looks like the devil
(c) His LSD supply is very low
(d) Black Maria is in love with him
8. Kesey decides he wants to turn the world onto LSD through:
(a) A weekly newspaper column
(b) The Acid Test
(c) A bus tour
(d) How-to Books
9. What is Kesey's alias in Guadalajara?
(a) Sol Almande, or Salamander
(c) Diablo, or the Devil
(d) Jerry Garcia
10. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
(a) Coming Soon: The Beatles Test
(b) The Merry Pranksters Prefer the Rolling Stones
(c) The Merry Pranksters Welcome the Beatles
(d) No Rock Bands Allowed on Premises
11. Despite his odd behavior and paranoia, what does Black Maria think of Kesey?
(a) He's the most unimaginative person she's ever met
(b) He's the most magnetic person she's ever met
(c) He's the tallest man she's ever met
(d) She thinks he would be a good politician
12. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
(a) They think he's cool
(b) They think he's very much like Kesey
(c) They don't like it. It's Army style
(d) They think he's like the Dalai Lama
13. Who gives a first-hand account of the Kool-Aid Acid Test?
(a) Clair Brush, a journalist
(b) Clair Danes, an actress
(c) Clarence Brush, a novelist
(d) The Blair Witch guy
14. What is Black Maria's real name?
(a) Carolyn Hannah
(b) Carol Sayer Bager
(c) Maria de la Puente
(d) Carolyn Johnson
15. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
(a) A massive statue of Kesey
(b) The Pranksters' Tower of Control
(c) A small version of the National Monument
(d) A disco ball
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
2. Do the Pranksters believe in anti-war rallies?
3. What three events occur in this chapter?
4. Who did Black Maria originally follow to Mexico?
5. To what does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Acid Test?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)