|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joints the second Acid Test party?
(a) Peter, Paul and Mary
(b) Timothy Leary and his group
(c) Bob Dylan
(d) Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.
2. What do Kesey, Zonker and Hagen drive to the meeting point?
(a) An old car with no windows
(b) A pickup truck
(c) A Volkswagen bus
(d) A Ford Mustang
3. How much time does Kesey serve?
(a) Five months on a working farm
(b) Five months under house arrest
(c) Five weeks in solitary confinement
(d) Six months in a maximum security prison
4. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
(b) General Tojo
(c) Ron L. Hubbard
5. Do the Pranksters believe in anti-war rallies?
(c) It depends on the war in question
(d) They are not political and unaware of wars
6. What do Mexicans call the Pranksters?
7. What causes the Red Tide?
(a) Whale blood
(b) Octopus blood
(c) Too much plant fertilizer
(d) An explosion of Plankton growth
8. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
(a) Yes but they decide not to show up
(b) No, they're under contract to play elsewhere
(c) They never receive a formal invitation
(d) They're not a band yet
9. After his horrible trip, Owsley threatens to:
(a) Make really bad LSD
(b) Cut off the Pranksters' LSD supply
(c) Call the police when Kesey goes on a trip
(d) Bring criminal charges against the Pranksters
10. How does Kesey explain his philosophy about the war?
(a) He plays
(b) He says the only way to understand it is to trip on a lot of acid
(c) He stands on the stage and says nothing
(d) He plays
11. Where do Kesey and friends get their visas to Mexico?
(a) San Francisco
(d) Washington, D.C.
12. In what format is this chapter written?
(a) Shakespearan sonnet
(d) Free verse poetry
13. How does one pass the acid test?
(a) By taking LSD and not freaking out
(b) They have to score 90 percent or more on the exit exam
(c) By taking DMT with LSD
(d) They have to get a job offer while tripping
14. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
(a) She needs to take care of her parents
(b) She's pregnant and can't be around the Pranksters
(c) She suddenly misses her hometown
(d) She is accepted to Vassar College
15. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
(a) She had an idea but ignored it
(b) She can't remember
(c) Yes, but she didn't care
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
2. What was the cause of Cassady's death?
3. What is Black Maria's real name?
4. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
5. Who gives a first-hand account of the Kool-Aid Acid Test?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)