|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
(a) From the Mad Chemist
(b) From the Leary Group
(c) From a source in Thailand
(d) He makes it himself
2. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
(a) They think he's like the Dalai Lama
(b) They don't like it. It's Army style
(c) They think he's very much like Kesey
(d) They think he's cool
3. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(a) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
(b) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
(c) They're electrified
4. Who joints the second Acid Test party?
(a) Peter, Paul and Mary
(b) Bob Dylan
(c) Timothy Leary and his group
(d) Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.
5. What has San Francisco State University become?
(a) The pot capital of the west
(b) The acid heads' true universitas
(c) The Harvard of the west
(d) The Yale of the west
6. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
(a) She can't remember
(c) She had an idea but ignored it
(d) Yes, but she didn't care
7. After his horrible trip, Owsley threatens to:
(a) Make really bad LSD
(b) Cut off the Pranksters' LSD supply
(c) Bring criminal charges against the Pranksters
(d) Call the police when Kesey goes on a trip
8. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
(a) A disco ball
(b) The Pranksters' Tower of Control
(c) A small version of the National Monument
(d) A massive statue of Kesey
9. What identity does Kesey take to reenter the U.S.?
(a) A drunken cowboy singer on a horse
(b) A sober cowboy on foot
(c) A Cowboy football player
(d) A drunken farmers on a horse
10. Kesey becomes increasingly paranoid in Mexico because he thinks:
(a) Everyone looks like the devil
(b) Black Maria is in love with him
(c) His LSD supply is very low
(d) The authorities are after him
11. What is the Probation Generation?
(a) A generation that believes prison is better than freedom
(b) It's a generation of kids who have been busted for pot possession and are all free on probation
(c) A generation that's on probation until it proves it's worthy of freedome
(d) A generation of kids refusing to do anything that will get them in trouble
12. How does Kesey explain his philosophy about the war?
(a) He plays
(b) He stands on the stage and says nothing
(c) He says the only way to understand it is to trip on a lot of acid
(d) He plays
13. To what does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Acid Test?
(a) Entrance exams in the Japanese education system
(b) Spreading the Word of Christianity
(c) Joining the army
(d) The SAT
14. Despite his odd behavior and paranoia, what does Black Maria think of Kesey?
(a) He's the tallest man she's ever met
(b) She thinks he would be a good politician
(c) He's the most magnetic person she's ever met
(d) He's the most unimaginative person she's ever met
15. How does one pass the acid test?
(a) They have to score 90 percent or more on the exit exam
(b) They have to get a job offer while tripping
(c) By taking LSD and not freaking out
(d) By taking DMT with LSD
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
2. What does Sandy want the Ampex for?
3. Who do the Pranksters suspect is behind their bust on the way to Guadalajara?
4. What happens to Kesey on the rooftop of Stewart Brand's building in San Francisco?
5. In an interview with the Chronicle, Kesey says he intends to:
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)