|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kesey moves with his family to:
2. Do the Pranksters ever see each other again?
(a) Four times a year, at the end of each quarter
(b) They have a strict meeting date every year at Kesey's house
(c) From time to time they visit Kesey
3. Back in Manzanillo, who sits in jail?
(a) Babbs and Zonker
(b) Hagen and Ram Rod
(c) A bunch of Kesey devotees
(d) Mountain Girl and Black Maria
4. Instead of fleeing, Kesey decides to:
(a) Invite the Mexican officer to a party, the first Mexican Acid Test
(b) Stay in Mexico and assume a new identity
(c) Stay in Mexico and start the Mexican Pranksters
(d) Turn himself into the Mexican authorities
5. Who followed Haugen to Mexico?
(a) His wife
(b) His sister
(c) An angry ex-girlfriend
(d) Some beautiful deb
6. Kesey decides to return to the U.S. through what entry point?
(a) Long Beach
(b) New York
(d) Brownsville, Texas
7. Does the officer come to the party?
(b) Not sure. Everyone was in costume, so it was impossible to know
(d) Yes, but only for five minutes
8. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
(a) A center for culture and design
(b) A rival for New York
(c) A carnival
(d) A circus
9. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
(b) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
(c) He asks very politely
(d) He gives them LSD
10. What is the slogan that the Pranksters use?
(a) We're doing it. Everyone should.
(b) Can you pass the acid test?
(c) It's not as bad as you think.
(d) Are you experienced?
11. In an interview with the Chronicle, Kesey says he intends to:
(a) Run for Senate office
(b) Be the solution to J. Edgar Hoover's problems
(c) Stay in the U.S. as a fugitie, and as salt in J. Edgar Hoover's wounds
(d) Lose weight on a new LSD diet
12. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
(a) She's pregnant and can't be around the Pranksters
(b) She needs to take care of her parents
(c) She is accepted to Vassar College
(d) She suddenly misses her hometown
13. In what format is this chapter written?
(b) Free verse poetry
(d) Shakespearan sonnet
14. Why are people disappointed in Kesey after the trial?
(a) They thought he was going to testify using a harmonica
(b) They think he sold out to avoid jail
(c) They think he's going to work for the government
(d) They discover he was a fraud
15. What does Owsley make?
(a) Film editing equipment
(b) Sound systems
Short Answer Questions
1. There is no greater calamity than the Red Tide in Manzanillo except:
2. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
3. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
4. What happens to Kesey on the rooftop of Stewart Brand's building in San Francisco?
5. Who is coming to San Francisco in September 1965?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)