|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Pranksters suspect is behind their bust on the way to Guadalajara?
(a) The father of Hagen's girlfriend
(b) Kesey's father
(c) They have no idea
(d) Fayes father
2. Kesey moves with his family to:
3. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
(a) The Pranksters' Tower of Control
(b) A small version of the National Monument
(c) A massive statue of Kesey
(d) A disco ball
4. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
(a) She is accepted to Vassar College
(b) She suddenly misses her hometown
(c) She's pregnant and can't be around the Pranksters
(d) She needs to take care of her parents
5. How does one pass the acid test?
(a) By taking DMT with LSD
(b) They have to score 90 percent or more on the exit exam
(c) They have to get a job offer while tripping
(d) By taking LSD and not freaking out
6. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He asks very politely
(b) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
(c) He gives them LSD
(d) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
7. Where does Kesey get money?
(a) He finds it on the streets
(b) He works for a few days in a cafe
(c) The American Consulate
(d) The Chinese Consulate
8. Who gives a first-hand account of the Kool-Aid Acid Test?
(a) The Blair Witch guy
(b) Clair Danes, an actress
(c) Clarence Brush, a novelist
(d) Clair Brush, a journalist
9. What does Mountain Girl do after her trial?
(a) She joins some Pranksters and heads for Mexico
(b) She hooks up with Jerry Garcia
(c) She disappears to have her baby alone
(d) She goes back to Poughkeepsie and has her baby
10. After his horrible trip, Owsley threatens to:
(a) Call the police when Kesey goes on a trip
(b) Bring criminal charges against the Pranksters
(c) Cut off the Pranksters' LSD supply
(d) Make really bad LSD
11. Where is the bus?
(a) Parked outside a bank in downtown San Francisco
(b) In a museum
(c) In a junkyard
(d) Parked outside Kesey's Oregon house
12. Who 'fails' the acid test?
(b) Freewheeling Frank
(c) Owsley, the famous LSD maker
13. To what does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Acid Test?
(a) Entrance exams in the Japanese education system
(b) Spreading the Word of Christianity
(c) The SAT
(d) Joining the army
14. Back in Manzanillo, who sits in jail?
(a) Mountain Girl and Black Maria
(b) Hagen and Ram Rod
(c) Babbs and Zonker
(d) A bunch of Kesey devotees
15. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
(a) The Merry Pranksters Welcome the Beatles
(b) Coming Soon: The Beatles Test
(c) The Merry Pranksters Prefer the Rolling Stones
(d) No Rock Bands Allowed on Premises
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the officer come to the party?
2. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
3. What identity does Kesey take to reenter the U.S.?
4. What is Black Maria's real name?
5. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)