|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of fleeing, Kesey decides to:
(a) Stay in Mexico and assume a new identity
(b) Invite the Mexican officer to a party, the first Mexican Acid Test
(c) Stay in Mexico and start the Mexican Pranksters
(d) Turn himself into the Mexican authorities
2. How does one pass the acid test?
(a) They have to get a job offer while tripping
(b) By taking DMT with LSD
(c) They have to score 90 percent or more on the exit exam
(d) By taking LSD and not freaking out
3. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
(a) That they are not wild enough
(b) That they'll do something so outrageous they'll discredit the psychedelic movement
(c) They will discredit Stanford's writing program
(d) They will get more attention for LSD than him
4. After his horrible trip, Owsley threatens to:
(a) Bring criminal charges against the Pranksters
(b) Call the police when Kesey goes on a trip
(c) Cut off the Pranksters' LSD supply
(d) Make really bad LSD
5. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
(a) Yes, but she didn't care
(b) She can't remember
(c) She had an idea but ignored it
6. What is the Probation Generation?
(a) It's a generation of kids who have been busted for pot possession and are all free on probation
(b) A generation of kids refusing to do anything that will get them in trouble
(c) A generation that believes prison is better than freedom
(d) A generation that's on probation until it proves it's worthy of freedome
7. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
(a) They're not a band yet
(b) They never receive a formal invitation
(c) No, they're under contract to play elsewhere
(d) Yes but they decide not to show up
8. Who prevents the Pranksters from holding Graduation at Winterland?
(a) Kesey himself
(b) Faye, Kesey's wife
(c) The Judge at Kesey's trial
(d) Bill Graham
9. What makes the Jug Band freeze?
(a) A combination of tear gas and really cold weather
(b) A combination of tear gas and drugs they've taken
(c) The sight of Kesey and his harmonica
(d) A combination of tear gas and fear
10. At trial, what does the judge conclude about Kesey?
(a) That Kesey will change the world
(b) He's a dragon and very dangerous
(c) He's not a dragon but he is a wizard
(d) He's no dragon, just a jackass
11. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
(a) From a source in Thailand
(b) He makes it himself
(c) From the Mad Chemist
(d) From the Leary Group
12. Back in Manzanillo, who sits in jail?
(a) Hagen and Ram Rod
(b) Babbs and Zonker
(c) A bunch of Kesey devotees
(d) Mountain Girl and Black Maria
13. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
(a) He yells at him
(b) He pitches a sledge hammer at him
(c) He scares him with talk of the devil
(d) He punches him
14. What does Sandy want the Ampex for?
(a) He doesn't like people using his equipment without him around
(b) To raise money for his medical bills
(c) He wants to use it for another project
(d) He wants to start a recording studio
15. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(a) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
(b) They're electrified
(c) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
Short Answer Questions
1. There is no greater calamity than the Red Tide in Manzanillo except:
2. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
3. While briefly in jail, Kesey meets a kid with:
4. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
5. In an interview with the Chronicle, Kesey says he intends to:
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)