|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
(a) She suddenly misses her hometown
(b) She needs to take care of her parents
(c) She's pregnant and can't be around the Pranksters
(d) She is accepted to Vassar College
2. Do the Pranksters ever see each other again?
(a) From time to time they visit Kesey
(c) They have a strict meeting date every year at Kesey's house
(d) Four times a year, at the end of each quarter
3. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
(a) Coming Soon: The Beatles Test
(b) The Merry Pranksters Welcome the Beatles
(c) No Rock Bands Allowed on Premises
(d) The Merry Pranksters Prefer the Rolling Stones
4. Do all of the Pranksters think giving out laced Kool-Aid without telling people is a good idea?
(b) They don't comment on that
(c) They don't care because people will try it anyway
5. Who do the Pranksters suspect is behind their bust on the way to Guadalajara?
(a) Fayes father
(b) Kesey's father
(c) They have no idea
(d) The father of Hagen's girlfriend
6. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
(a) Join the Grateful Dead
(b) Hold an Acid Test Graduation on Halloween
(c) Denounce his past completely
(d) Hold a drug-free party for the nation
7. Where does Kesey get money?
(a) The American Consulate
(b) He finds it on the streets
(c) He works for a few days in a cafe
(d) The Chinese Consulate
8. What was the cause of Cassady's death?
(a) It's not known
(b) Heart attack
(c) A bar-room brawl
(d) A broken heart
9. What do Mexicans call the Pranksters?
10. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
(a) A carnival
(b) A center for culture and design
(c) A rival for New York
(d) A circus
11. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
(a) General Tojo
(c) Ron L. Hubbard
12. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
(a) He punches him
(b) He pitches a sledge hammer at him
(c) He scares him with talk of the devil
(d) He yells at him
13. Why is Kesey planning to go to Mexico?
(a) He's always been interested in Mexican culture
(b) He thinks he can start a Mexican Pranksters
(c) To escape incarceration
(d) He's tired of living in his own country
14. What does Owsley make?
(a) Sound systems
(c) Film editing equipment
15. If Kesey goes back to the U.S. he'll be imprisoned. What do the rest of the group have to look forward to?
(a) The Warehouse and the Gas station
(b) Being taken over by the Leary group
(c) Jobs and families
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his odd behavior and paranoia, what does Black Maria think of Kesey?
2. There is no greater calamity than the Red Tide in Manzanillo except:
3. Why are people disappointed in Kesey after the trial?
4. Who is coming to San Francisco in September 1965?
5. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)