|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kesey and friends get their visas to Mexico?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Washington, D.C.
2. Does Kesey give the Ampex to Sandy?
(a) Kesey doesn't even know what an Ampex is
(b) Yes, but not right away
3. What do Mexicans call the Pranksters?
4. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
(a) They will discredit Stanford's writing program
(b) That they are not wild enough
(c) That they'll do something so outrageous they'll discredit the psychedelic movement
(d) They will get more attention for LSD than him
5. How much time does Kesey serve?
(a) Five months under house arrest
(b) Six months in a maximum security prison
(c) Five weeks in solitary confinement
(d) Five months on a working farm
6. In an interview with the Chronicle, Kesey says he intends to:
(a) Stay in the U.S. as a fugitie, and as salt in J. Edgar Hoover's wounds
(b) Run for Senate office
(c) Be the solution to J. Edgar Hoover's problems
(d) Lose weight on a new LSD diet
7. What causes the Red Tide?
(a) Octopus blood
(b) Whale blood
(c) Too much plant fertilizer
(d) An explosion of Plankton growth
8. What is the Probation Generation?
(a) A generation that's on probation until it proves it's worthy of freedome
(b) A generation of kids refusing to do anything that will get them in trouble
(c) It's a generation of kids who have been busted for pot possession and are all free on probation
(d) A generation that believes prison is better than freedom
9. Why do people go to Kesey's property after the Concert?
(a) Rumors circulate that the Beatles will be there after their concert
(b) They want to witness a John Lennon-Ken Kesey meeting
(c) They have nowhere else to go
(d) Rumors circulate that the Pranksters are giving away LSD
10. What three events occur in this chapter?
(a) Mountain Girl starts her own group, Sandy starts his and Kesey makes no changes
(b) Mountain Girl flees to Mexico, Kesey turns himself over, and Sandy writes a tell-all book
(c) Keseys sells the bus, heads for Mexico and starts a cult there
(d) Mountain Girl goes to New York, Sandy returns to New York and Kesey's heading for Mexico
11. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
(a) From the Leary Group
(b) He makes it himself
(c) From the Mad Chemist
(d) From a source in Thailand
12. There is no greater calamity than the Red Tide in Manzanillo except:
(a) The FBI
(b) The American Crazies
(c) The Touristas
(d) The Mexican Federales
13. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
(a) No, they're under contract to play elsewhere
(b) They're not a band yet
(c) They never receive a formal invitation
(d) Yes but they decide not to show up
14. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
(a) She can't remember
(c) She had an idea but ignored it
(d) Yes, but she didn't care
15. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
(a) Steward Brand
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bus?
2. Who joints the second Acid Test party?
3. How does Kesey avoid getting arrested on his way to the university test?
4. If Kesey goes back to the U.S. he'll be imprisoned. What do the rest of the group have to look forward to?
5. Do all of the Pranksters think giving out laced Kool-Aid without telling people is a good idea?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)