|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Babbs move the Acid Test scene?
(a) To New York
(b) To Los Angeles
(c) To Miami
(d) To Santa Barbara
2. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
(a) The CIA
(b) The San Francisco police
(c) Chief Arturo Martinez Garza of the Mexican Federales
(d) The FBI
3. What causes the Red Tide?
(a) Too much plant fertilizer
(b) Whale blood
(c) Octopus blood
(d) An explosion of Plankton growth
4. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
(c) Mexico City
5. How much does the Trips Festival gross in three days?
(a) Twelve dollars and five cents
(b) Twelve hundred and five dollars
(c) One hundred twenty five thousand dollars
(d) Twelve thousand five hundred dollars
6. What does Mountain Girl do after her trial?
(a) She hooks up with Jerry Garcia
(b) She goes back to Poughkeepsie and has her baby
(c) She disappears to have her baby alone
(d) She joins some Pranksters and heads for Mexico
7. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
(a) Join the Grateful Dead
(b) Hold an Acid Test Graduation on Halloween
(c) Denounce his past completely
(d) Hold a drug-free party for the nation
8. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
(a) That they are not wild enough
(b) That they'll do something so outrageous they'll discredit the psychedelic movement
(c) They will discredit Stanford's writing program
(d) They will get more attention for LSD than him
9. What does Page discover?
(a) Mexicans want to join the Pranksters
(b) A Mexican journalist is watching them
(c) A Mexican undercover officer is watching the Pranksters
(d) The Federales are willing to take LSD for their silence
10. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(b) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
(c) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
(d) They're electrified
11. Who followed Haugen to Mexico?
(a) His wife
(b) An angry ex-girlfriend
(c) His sister
(d) Some beautiful deb
12. Who invites Kesey to speak at an anti-war rally at Berkeley?
(a) The Vietnam Day Committee
(b) The U.S. President
(c) Some obscure group whose name is never revealed
(d) The Trustees of Berkeley University
13. Instead of fleeing, Kesey decides to:
(a) Invite the Mexican officer to a party, the first Mexican Acid Test
(b) Stay in Mexico and assume a new identity
(c) Turn himself into the Mexican authorities
(d) Stay in Mexico and start the Mexican Pranksters
14. Where do the Pranksters get their money from?
(a) Kesey's lawyer in San Francisco
(b) Kesey's parents in Oregon
(c) Kesey's brother in Oregon
(d) Faye in La Honda
15. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
(a) She had an idea but ignored it
(c) Yes, but she didn't care
(d) She can't remember
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Probation Generation?
2. What does Owsley make?
3. Kesey becomes increasingly paranoid in Mexico because he thinks:
4. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
5. In what format is this chapter written?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)