|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Page discover?
(a) The Federales are willing to take LSD for their silence
(b) Mexicans want to join the Pranksters
(c) A Mexican undercover officer is watching the Pranksters
(d) A Mexican journalist is watching them
2. What is Kesey's alias in Guadalajara?
(a) Jerry Garcia
(b) Sol Almande, or Salamander
(c) Diablo, or the Devil
3. What does Owsley make?
(a) Sound systems
(c) Film editing equipment
4. Where do Kesey and friends get their visas to Mexico?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) San Francisco
5. Who did Black Maria originally follow to Mexico?
(a) Jim Fish
(d) Mountain Girl
6. What causes the Red Tide?
(a) An explosion of Plankton growth
(b) Too much plant fertilizer
(c) Octopus blood
(d) Whale blood
7. How does one pass the acid test?
(a) By taking DMT with LSD
(b) They have to score 90 percent or more on the exit exam
(c) They have to get a job offer while tripping
(d) By taking LSD and not freaking out
8. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
(a) Hold an Acid Test Graduation on Halloween
(b) Hold a drug-free party for the nation
(c) Denounce his past completely
(d) Join the Grateful Dead
9. Why are people disappointed in Kesey after the trial?
(a) They think he's going to work for the government
(b) They thought he was going to testify using a harmonica
(c) They discover he was a fraud
(d) They think he sold out to avoid jail
10. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
(a) Chief Arturo Martinez Garza of the Mexican Federales
(b) The CIA
(c) The FBI
(d) The San Francisco police
11. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(a) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
(b) They're electrified
(c) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
12. How does Kesey avoid getting arrested on his way to the university test?
(a) He wears a very long wig
(b) He dresses in drag
(c) He dresses like a space pilot
(d) He gets the Hell's Angels to escort him
13. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
(b) He gives them LSD
(c) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
(d) He asks very politely
14. Despite his odd behavior and paranoia, what does Black Maria think of Kesey?
(a) He's the most unimaginative person she's ever met
(b) He's the most magnetic person she's ever met
(c) He's the tallest man she's ever met
(d) She thinks he would be a good politician
15. Who 'fails' the acid test?
(a) Owsley, the famous LSD maker
(b) Freewheeling Frank
Short Answer Questions
1. In what format is this chapter written?
2. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
3. Where does Babbs move the Acid Test scene?
4. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
5. Instead of fleeing, Kesey decides to:
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)