|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to Mexico with Kesey?
(a) Zonker and Babbs
(b) Sandy and Babbs
(c) Boise, Zonker and Jim Fish
(d) Mountain Girl and Jerry Garcia
2. Where do the Pranksters get their money from?
(a) Faye in La Honda
(b) Kesey's brother in Oregon
(c) Kesey's parents in Oregon
(d) Kesey's lawyer in San Francisco
3. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
(b) The Netherlands
4. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
(a) No, they're under contract to play elsewhere
(b) Yes but they decide not to show up
(c) They never receive a formal invitation
(d) They're not a band yet
5. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
(a) The FBI
(b) Chief Arturo Martinez Garza of the Mexican Federales
(c) The CIA
(d) The San Francisco police
6. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
(a) Yes, but she didn't care
(c) She had an idea but ignored it
(d) She can't remember
7. What does Kesey plan to do to wreck the psychedelic movement once and for all?
(a) Denounce his past completely
(b) Hold a drug-free party for the nation
(c) Hold an Acid Test Graduation on Halloween
(d) Join the Grateful Dead
8. There is no greater calamity than the Red Tide in Manzanillo except:
(a) The FBI
(b) The American Crazies
(c) The Touristas
(d) The Mexican Federales
9. Where does Babbs move the Acid Test scene?
(a) To Miami
(b) To Santa Barbara
(c) To Los Angeles
(d) To New York
10. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
(b) He gives them LSD
(c) He asks very politely
(d) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
11. In what format is this chapter written?
(b) Free verse poetry
(c) Shakespearan sonnet
12. Despite his odd behavior and paranoia, what does Black Maria think of Kesey?
(a) He's the tallest man she's ever met
(b) He's the most magnetic person she's ever met
(c) She thinks he would be a good politician
(d) He's the most unimaginative person she's ever met
13. Kesey moves with his family to:
14. What three events occur in this chapter?
(a) Keseys sells the bus, heads for Mexico and starts a cult there
(b) Mountain Girl flees to Mexico, Kesey turns himself over, and Sandy writes a tell-all book
(c) Mountain Girl goes to New York, Sandy returns to New York and Kesey's heading for Mexico
(d) Mountain Girl starts her own group, Sandy starts his and Kesey makes no changes
15. Who invites Kesey to speak at an anti-war rally at Berkeley?
(a) The U.S. President
(b) The Trustees of Berkeley University
(c) The Vietnam Day Committee
(d) Some obscure group whose name is never revealed
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kesey, Zonker and Hagen drive to the meeting point?
2. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
3. While briefly in jail, Kesey meets a kid with:
4. After his horrible trip, Owsley threatens to:
5. What is the slogan that the Pranksters use?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)