|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Kesey goes back to the U.S. he'll be imprisoned. What do the rest of the group have to look forward to?
(b) Jobs and families
(c) The Warehouse and the Gas station
(d) Being taken over by the Leary group
2. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
(a) The Merry Pranksters Welcome the Beatles
(b) The Merry Pranksters Prefer the Rolling Stones
(c) No Rock Bands Allowed on Premises
(d) Coming Soon: The Beatles Test
3. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(b) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
(c) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
(d) They're electrified
4. What is the slogan that the Pranksters use?
(a) We're doing it. Everyone should.
(b) Are you experienced?
(c) Can you pass the acid test?
(d) It's not as bad as you think.
5. How does Kesey avoid getting arrested on his way to the university test?
(a) He wears a very long wig
(b) He dresses in drag
(c) He gets the Hell's Angels to escort him
(d) He dresses like a space pilot
6. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
(a) They think he's like the Dalai Lama
(b) They don't like it. It's Army style
(c) They think he's very much like Kesey
(d) They think he's cool
7. What causes the Red Tide?
(a) Too much plant fertilizer
(b) Whale blood
(c) An explosion of Plankton growth
(d) Octopus blood
8. Who gives a first-hand account of the Kool-Aid Acid Test?
(a) Clarence Brush, a novelist
(b) Clair Brush, a journalist
(c) Clair Danes, an actress
(d) The Blair Witch guy
9. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
(c) Steward Brand
10. In what format is this chapter written?
(b) Shakespearan sonnet
(c) Free verse poetry
11. Why do people go to Kesey's property after the Concert?
(a) They have nowhere else to go
(b) They want to witness a John Lennon-Ken Kesey meeting
(c) Rumors circulate that the Beatles will be there after their concert
(d) Rumors circulate that the Pranksters are giving away LSD
12. Do the Pranksters ever see each other again?
(b) Four times a year, at the end of each quarter
(c) From time to time they visit Kesey
(d) They have a strict meeting date every year at Kesey's house
13. Who followed Haugen to Mexico?
(a) His wife
(b) An angry ex-girlfriend
(c) Some beautiful deb
(d) His sister
14. Where do Kesey and friends get their visas to Mexico?
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) San Francisco
15. What do Mexicans call the Pranksters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mountain Girl do after her trial?
2. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
3. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
4. What does Black Maria do that annoys everyone else?
5. Where is Neal Cassady's body found?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)