|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kesey explain his philosophy about the war?
(a) He says the only way to understand it is to trip on a lot of acid
(b) He stands on the stage and says nothing
(c) He plays
(d) He plays
2. What is the slogan that the Pranksters use?
(a) We're doing it. Everyone should.
(b) Are you experienced?
(c) Can you pass the acid test?
(d) It's not as bad as you think.
3. What was the cause of Cassady's death?
(a) Heart attack
(b) It's not known
(c) A broken heart
(d) A bar-room brawl
4. Did Clair know what she was drinking when she went to the warehouse?
(a) Yes, but she didn't care
(b) She had an idea but ignored it
(c) She can't remember
5. How does Kesey flee the Mexican authorities?
(a) He gets them to shut their eyes and he runs
(b) He asks very politely
(c) He gets permission to take a leak in a bush, then jumps on a train
(d) He gives them LSD
6. Kesey moves with his family to:
7. Why do people go to Kesey's property after the Concert?
(a) They have nowhere else to go
(b) Rumors circulate that the Beatles will be there after their concert
(c) They want to witness a John Lennon-Ken Kesey meeting
(d) Rumors circulate that the Pranksters are giving away LSD
8. Who did Black Maria originally follow to Mexico?
(b) Mountain Girl
(d) Jim Fish
9. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
(a) He pitches a sledge hammer at him
(b) He yells at him
(c) He punches him
(d) He scares him with talk of the devil
10. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(a) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
(b) They're electrified
(d) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
11. Do the Pranksters ever see each other again?
(a) From time to time they visit Kesey
(b) They have a strict meeting date every year at Kesey's house
(d) Four times a year, at the end of each quarter
12. What does Sandy want the Ampex for?
(a) To raise money for his medical bills
(b) He wants to use it for another project
(c) He wants to start a recording studio
(d) He doesn't like people using his equipment without him around
13. Do all of the Pranksters think giving out laced Kool-Aid without telling people is a good idea?
(a) They don't care because people will try it anyway
(d) They don't comment on that
14. What is the Probation Generation?
(a) A generation that's on probation until it proves it's worthy of freedome
(b) It's a generation of kids who have been busted for pot possession and are all free on probation
(c) A generation of kids refusing to do anything that will get them in trouble
(d) A generation that believes prison is better than freedom
15. What causes the Red Tide?
(a) Octopus blood
(b) Whale blood
(c) Too much plant fertilizer
(d) An explosion of Plankton growth
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bus?
2. Do the Pranksters believe in anti-war rallies?
3. Who came up with the idea for the Trips Festival of 1966?
4. Who followed Haugen to Mexico?
5. How much does the Trips Festival gross in three days?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)