|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives a first-hand account of the Kool-Aid Acid Test?
(a) Clair Brush, a journalist
(b) Clair Danes, an actress
(c) Clarence Brush, a novelist
(d) The Blair Witch guy
2. Kesey decides he wants to turn the world onto LSD through:
(a) How-to Books
(b) A bus tour
(c) The Acid Test
(d) A weekly newspaper column
3. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
(a) A disco ball
(b) A massive statue of Kesey
(c) The Pranksters' Tower of Control
(d) A small version of the National Monument
4. Why are people disappointed in Kesey after the trial?
(a) They think he's going to work for the government
(b) They thought he was going to testify using a harmonica
(c) They think he sold out to avoid jail
(d) They discover he was a fraud
5. In what format is this chapter written?
(b) Free verse poetry
(c) Shakespearan sonnet
6. According to Wolfe, who in three years time will film an LSD bus trip through England?
(b) The Beatles
(c) The Rolling Stones
(d) Timothy Leary
7. Who is coming to San Francisco in September 1965?
(a) The Yardbirds
(b) The Beatles
(c) Malcolm X
(d) The Rolling Stones
8. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
(a) That they are not wild enough
(b) That they'll do something so outrageous they'll discredit the psychedelic movement
(c) They will get more attention for LSD than him
(d) They will discredit Stanford's writing program
9. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
(a) He yells at him
(b) He scares him with talk of the devil
(c) He pitches a sledge hammer at him
(d) He punches him
10. What makes the Jug Band freeze?
(a) A combination of tear gas and fear
(b) The sight of Kesey and his harmonica
(c) A combination of tear gas and really cold weather
(d) A combination of tear gas and drugs they've taken
11. Does Kesey give the Ampex to Sandy?
(a) Kesey doesn't even know what an Ampex is
(c) Yes, but not right away
12. What is the slogan that the Pranksters use?
(a) Can you pass the acid test?
(b) It's not as bad as you think.
(c) Are you experienced?
(d) We're doing it. Everyone should.
13. What does Black Maria do that annoys everyone else?
(a) She sits on the beach with her back to everyone
(b) She only talks to Kesey
(c) She hangs out with Mexicans on the beach
(d) She speaks in Spanish
14. What is Black Maria's real name?
(a) Carolyn Johnson
(b) Carol Sayer Bager
(c) Maria de la Puente
(d) Carolyn Hannah
15. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
(b) General Tojo
(d) Ron L. Hubbard
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Kesey to speak at an anti-war rally at Berkeley?
2. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
3. How much time does Kesey serve?
4. What three events occur in this chapter?
5. Who takes over leadership while Kesey's in Mexico?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)