|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the Pranksters believe in anti-war rallies?
(a) They are not political and unaware of wars
(b) It depends on the war in question
2. What happens to Kesey on the rooftop of Stewart Brand's building in San Francisco?
(a) He wears an electric suit
(b) He asks Mountain Girl to marry him
(c) He falls off but doesn't get injured
(d) He gets arrested for possession of marijuana
3. Why is it necessary for Mountain Girl to go to Poughkeepsie?
(a) She's pregnant and can't be around the Pranksters
(b) She needs to take care of her parents
(c) She suddenly misses her hometown
(d) She is accepted to Vassar College
4. Why do people go to Kesey's property after the Concert?
(a) Rumors circulate that the Pranksters are giving away LSD
(b) Rumors circulate that the Beatles will be there after their concert
(c) They want to witness a John Lennon-Ken Kesey meeting
(d) They have nowhere else to go
5. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
(a) They think he's very much like Kesey
(b) They think he's like the Dalai Lama
(c) They think he's cool
(d) They don't like it. It's Army style
6. Do the Pranksters ever see each other again?
(a) From time to time they visit Kesey
(b) They have a strict meeting date every year at Kesey's house
(d) Four times a year, at the end of each quarter
7. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
(c) Mexico City
8. Where does Kesey usually obtain his LSD?
(a) From a source in Thailand
(b) He makes it himself
(c) From the Mad Chemist
(d) From the Leary Group
9. Kesey decides he wants to turn the world onto LSD through:
(a) A weekly newspaper column
(b) The Acid Test
(c) How-to Books
(d) A bus tour
10. What identity does Kesey take to reenter the U.S.?
(a) A Cowboy football player
(b) A drunken cowboy singer on a horse
(c) A sober cowboy on foot
(d) A drunken farmers on a horse
11. Instead of fleeing, Kesey decides to:
(a) Invite the Mexican officer to a party, the first Mexican Acid Test
(b) Stay in Mexico and start the Mexican Pranksters
(c) Stay in Mexico and assume a new identity
(d) Turn himself into the Mexican authorities
12. What has San Francisco State University become?
(a) The acid heads' true universitas
(b) The Harvard of the west
(c) The pot capital of the west
(d) The Yale of the west
13. Who gives a first-hand account of the Kool-Aid Acid Test?
(a) Clarence Brush, a novelist
(b) Clair Brush, a journalist
(c) The Blair Witch guy
(d) Clair Danes, an actress
14. In an interview with the Chronicle, Kesey says he intends to:
(a) Be the solution to J. Edgar Hoover's problems
(b) Run for Senate office
(c) Lose weight on a new LSD diet
(d) Stay in the U.S. as a fugitie, and as salt in J. Edgar Hoover's wounds
15. What do Kesey, Zonker and Hagen drive to the meeting point?
(a) An old car with no windows
(b) A pickup truck
(c) A Ford Mustang
(d) A Volkswagen bus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Page discover?
2. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
3. Who 'fails' the acid test?
4. Do the Grateful Dead agree to play at this big party?
5. Who ordered a search of Puerto Vallarta after reports surfaced of Kesey's whereabouts?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)