Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Pranksters agree to make a secret rendez-vous in Mexico?
(c) Mexico City
2. How does Wolfe describe Haight-Ashbury at this point in the story?
(a) A circus
(b) A carnival
(c) A rival for New York
(d) A center for culture and design
3. Many people in the area think the Pranksters are from:
(c) The Netherlands
4. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
(a) Ron L. Hubbard
(b) General Tojo
5. What sign do the Pranksters put up at La Honda?
(a) No Rock Bands Allowed on Premises
(b) Coming Soon: The Beatles Test
(c) The Merry Pranksters Welcome the Beatles
(d) The Merry Pranksters Prefer the Rolling Stones
6. While briefly in jail, Kesey meets a kid with:
(a) Magic Fingernails
(b) A tail
(c) Magical powers
(d) A really bad temper
7. What is Richard Alpert's concern about the Pranksters?
(a) They will discredit Stanford's writing program
(b) That they are not wild enough
(c) That they'll do something so outrageous they'll discredit the psychedelic movement
(d) They will get more attention for LSD than him
8. How does the crowd react to Kesey's remarks?
(a) Wolfe describes them as going into a slump
(b) Wolfe describes them as ecstactic
(c) They're electrified
9. How does Cassady drive the Mexican undercover officer away?
(a) He yells at him
(b) He scares him with talk of the devil
(c) He punches him
(d) He pitches a sledge hammer at him
10. According to Wolfe, who in three years time will film an LSD bus trip through England?
(b) The Beatles
(c) The Rolling Stones
(d) Timothy Leary
11. Kesey moves with his family to:
12. Kesey decides he wants to turn the world onto LSD through:
(a) A weekly newspaper column
(b) How-to Books
(c) The Acid Test
(d) A bus tour
13. Who invites Kesey to speak at an anti-war rally at Berkeley?
(a) The U.S. President
(b) Some obscure group whose name is never revealed
(c) The Trustees of Berkeley University
(d) The Vietnam Day Committee
14. What does Black Maria do that annoys everyone else?
(a) She speaks in Spanish
(b) She sits on the beach with her back to everyone
(c) She only talks to Kesey
(d) She hangs out with Mexicans on the beach
15. What is Kesey's alias in Guadalajara?
(a) Sol Almande, or Salamander
(b) Jerry Garcia
(d) Diablo, or the Devil
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kesey explain his philosophy about the war?
2. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
3. Do all of the Pranksters think giving out laced Kool-Aid without telling people is a good idea?
4. Does the officer come to the party?
5. Kesey decides to return to the U.S. through what entry point?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)