|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kesey want to document the road trip?
(a) He wants to capture the amazing things that will happen while on drugs
(b) He wants to become a filmmaker
(c) He wants evidence in case he has to go to court someday
(d) He worries that his memory is fading
2. Where have Kesey and the Pranksters moved to?
(a) Seattle, Washington
(b) Santa Barbara, California
(c) La Jolla, California
(d) La Honda, California
3. Kesey says he wants everyone to do their thing and be Pranksters, but he also wants them to be:
4. Where do Kesey and the Pranksters go?
(c) New York
(d) Mexico City
5. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
(a) He salutes everyone he meets
(b) It has no effect on him
(c) He thinks it should be the official dosage
(d) He goes on a really bad acid trip
6. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
(a) It's hard to say because they have no rules
(b) Yes, but only on Saturdays
(d) Of course
7. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
(a) A mysterious place where dreams would be interpreted in a natural way
(b) A fantastic stage setting where everyday would be a happening as an art form
(c) A source of paper for his writing
(d) A source of heating material
8. How do the young women at the conference react to Kesey?
(a) They are scared of him
(b) They find him bizarre and stay away from him
(c) They find him intelligent but hard to look at
(d) They find him very attractive
9. What do the Pranksters introduce to the Angels?
(a) Orange Juice and Kool-Aid
(b) Guns and spears
(c) Morphine and Amphetamines
(d) LSD and DMT
10. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
(a) He sings opera very loudly
(b) He doesn't use the lights
(c) He doesn't put his hands on the wheel
(d) He doesn't use the brakes
11. What does Kesey say happened to him in Mexico?
(a) He drank Sangria and was struck by lightning
(b) That when he took acid in Manzanillo, he was struck by lightning suddenly had a second skin, like an electric suit
(c) He found an old electric suit that reminded him of Elvis Presley
(d) He slept a lot and felt better not taking drugs
12. What do the Pranksters do ahead of the arrival of the police?
(a) They empty the house and flee into the woods
(b) They burn the house down
(c) They put up large signs that mock the police to let them know they're coming
(d) They change their appearance completely
13. Where does Babbs place his writing in the warehouse?
(a) Under a bed
(b) In the closet
(c) In a box in the middle of the floor.
(d) In Kesey's belongings
14. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
(a) There was no difference
(b) There was no early '60s drug culture
(c) The early '60s drug culture was attached to civil rights
(d) The late '60s drug culture included electricity
15. What does MDT stand for?
(a) Most Disgusting Trip
(b) My Day Tripper
(c) Make Doughnuts Today
(d) Most Delightful Trip
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to understand Kesey and the Merry Pranksters?
2. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
3. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
4. According to Wolfe, what do the La Honda citizens call the Kesey colony?
5. As the conference progresses, what becomes more interesting to Kesey?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)