|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the main figures on Perry Lane?
(a) Robert Redford and Paul Newman
(b) Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg
(c) Robin White and Gwen Davis, novelists
(d) Robin Givens and Gwen Stefani, entertainers
2. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
(a) A source of heating material
(b) A fantastic stage setting where everyday would be a happening as an art form
(c) A mysterious place where dreams would be interpreted in a natural way
(d) A source of paper for his writing
3. What does Kesey say happened to him in Mexico?
(a) He found an old electric suit that reminded him of Elvis Presley
(b) He drank Sangria and was struck by lightning
(c) That when he took acid in Manzanillo, he was struck by lightning suddenly had a second skin, like an electric suit
(d) He slept a lot and felt better not taking drugs
4. What is Ken Kesey's profession?
(b) Television show host.
(d) He has no profession
5. Where does the author Tom Wolfe first meet Kesey?
(a) In a coffee shop
(b) In prison
(c) In a library
(d) In the psych ward
6. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) She reads more books and writes a few novels
(b) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
(c) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
(d) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
7. Kesey enters Perry Lane initially as a writer but eventually becomes what?
(a) A volunteer in a research study on the effects of psyhoactive drugs.
(b) A volunteer at a shelter for battered women
(c) A student nurse
(d) A volunteer in a maternity ward
8. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
(a) They're a group of California crazies
(b) They're too quiet
(c) They're impressed and hope they return soon
(d) They have bad taste in clothing
9. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
(a) Their pets
(b) The government
(c) Their parents
(d) The Greater Whole
10. Where does Babbs place his writing in the warehouse?
(a) Under a bed
(b) In Kesey's belongings
(c) In the closet
(d) In a box in the middle of the floor.
11. What does MDT stand for?
(a) Most Delightful Trip
(b) My Day Tripper
(c) Make Doughnuts Today
(d) Most Disgusting Trip
12. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
(a) The Millbrook Test
(b) The Leary Trip
(c) The Crypt Trip
(d) The New York finale
13. What do Kesey and his cohorts wear?
(a) Colorful aprons
(b) Overalls with pieces of the American flag sewn into them
(c) Black overalls
(d) White painter's overalls
14. What does Wolfe find distracting about Hassler?
(a) His plastic toothbrush case in his shirt pocket
(b) He's incredibly handsome
(c) He twitches his eyes constantly without a reason
(d) He is completely silent
15. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Doris Roberts
(b) Dorothy Dandridge
(c) Doris Day
(d) Delores Johnson
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Kesey believe that experiencing things in the present is really possible?
2. What do the Pranksters introduce to the Angels?
3. What does Kenneth Babbs introduce to the new Kesey colony?
4. When Kesey returns to SF from jail, what does he see and describes to Wolfe?
5. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)