|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gary Goldhill?
(a) A tourist curious to meet Kesey
(b) An English songwriter
(c) An English reporter for the Oracle
(d) Kesey's equivalent in the U.K.
2. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
(a) He can't because Cassady is impossible to get to know
(b) A rock.The most dependable of all the Pranksters
(c) Bizarre. He speaks in a most unusual language
(d) Not dependable at all
3. What is Unauthorized Acid?
(a) Foreign LSD
(b) An amount not approved by the government
(c) A big gulp, not the measured cup of LSD-laced orange juice
(d) Acid that hasn't passed FDA standards
4. What happens to the Beauty Witch when the group reaches Houston?
(a) She has gone completely insane
(b) She gets car sickness
(c) She is recruited to participate in a pageant
(d) She gets a job offer and has to leave
5. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
(a) A fantastic stage setting where everyday would be a happening as an art form
(b) A source of paper for his writing
(c) A mysterious place where dreams would be interpreted in a natural way
(d) A source of heating material
6. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
(a) A shack in the mountainside
(b) A kind of hill-country Versailles with Kesey as Sun-King
(c) Windsor Castle with Kesey as the Prince of Wales
(d) The Forbidden City of the West with Kesey as Emperor
7. How do the young women at the conference react to Kesey?
(a) They are scared of him
(b) They find him very attractive
(c) They find him bizarre and stay away from him
(d) They find him intelligent but hard to look at
8. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
(a) They drive it to Canada and realize Canada's a nice place
(b) They get stopped by a trooper but aren't ticketed
(c) It breaks down and they can't fix it
(d) They decide it's better to drive an RV
9. How was Kesey's novel received?
(a) No one read it because it was never published
(b) Not well at all
(c) Mixed reviews
(d) Very well
10. What is a rule that Kesey establishes for travel?
(a) That if someone is angry, just ignore them
(b) Nobody's allowed to get angry with anyone else no matter what
(c) Nobody's allowed to say what they really mean
(d) That there are no rules
11. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
(a) It has no effect on him
(b) He thinks it should be the official dosage
(c) He salutes everyone he meets
(d) He goes on a really bad acid trip
12. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the "straight" life?
(a) They are good people but not interesting
(b) They play high-tech games that they don't understand
(c) They are involved in games and not conscious of them
(d) They pretend they are smart and they are not
13. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
(a) Yes, and they get along well
(b) In a spiritual way, yes
(d) They pass each other in the hallway but can't talk
14. What has the Vietnam vet Babbs written and shown to Wolfe?
(a) A letter from John McCain
(b) A novel
(c) A picture of a Vietnamese war prison
(d) A gun
15. What drew the Hell's Angels to the Kesey?
(a) His very expensive house
(b) His good looks
(c) His comformist philosophy
(d) The marijuana charges against him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
2. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
3. Where have Kesey and the Pranksters moved to?
4. What does Kesey say happened to him in Mexico?
5. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)