|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Pranksters arrive at the seven-day Unitarian Conference?
(a) They offend the older Unitarians and intrigue the younger ones.
(b) They are popular with everyone
(c) They offend everyone
(d) They discover they like organized religion
2. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
(b) The Leary group
(c) Angelic Children
(d) Forty Hell's Angels
3. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
(a) Black Shiny Shoes
(b) High-heeled shoes
(c) Black Matte Shoes
(d) Unshined shoes
4. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
(a) It has no effect on him
(b) He thinks it should be the official dosage
(c) He goes on a really bad acid trip
(d) He salutes everyone he meets
5. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
(a) In a factory
(b) In a townhouse
(c) In a warehouse
(d) In a Victorian style house
6. Who is Gary Goldhill?
(a) An English songwriter
(b) An English reporter for the Oracle
(c) A tourist curious to meet Kesey
(d) Kesey's equivalent in the U.K.
7. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
(a) The Leary Trip
(b) The Millbrook Test
(c) The New York finale
(d) The Crypt Trip
8. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
(a) Hysterical Journalism
(b) Simple prose
(c) Hysterical Realism
(d) Magical Realism
9. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
(a) The late '60s drug culture included electricity
(b) There was no difference
(c) There was no early '60s drug culture
(d) The early '60s drug culture was attached to civil rights
10. How do Kesey and his crew travel?
(a) In a station wagon
(b) In an RV
(c) In a group of motorcycles
(d) In a wildly painted 1939 international Harvester school bus
11. Why does Kesey annoy many of the people who visit La Honda?
(a) He never turns the heat on
(b) He never has anything for them to eat
(c) He never says anything, just lets things happen
(d) He is very controlling
12. What is "Tootling the Multitudes?"
(a) Singing Broadway songs to people who can't afford show tickets
(b) Serenading unsuspecting women
(c) Telling the common folk that they were pretty cool
(d) To play people like they were music
13. What do Kesey and his cohorts wear?
(a) Overalls with pieces of the American flag sewn into them
(b) Colorful aprons
(c) Black overalls
(d) White painter's overalls
14. What is the name that Kesey gives his group?
(a) The Merry Politicians
(b) The Jolly Pranksters
(c) The Merry Pranksters
(d) The Leary Wannabes
15. What is Unauthorized Acid?
(a) Acid that hasn't passed FDA standards
(b) A big gulp, not the measured cup of LSD-laced orange juice
(c) An amount not approved by the government
(d) Foreign LSD
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kesey and the Pranksters go?
2. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
3. What do the Pranksters introduce to the Angels?
4. What do the Pranksters learn at a beach in New Orleans?
5. Is the intersubjectivity for the group the same on the bus and off the bus?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)