|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the "straight" life?
(a) They pretend they are smart and they are not
(b) They are good people but not interesting
(c) They play high-tech games that they don't understand
(d) They are involved in games and not conscious of them
2. What route do the Pranksters take back to California?
(a) The midwestern route
(b) The northern route
(c) The same one they took to the east coast
(d) They go through Canada before re-entering the U.S. through Washington
3. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
(a) Their parents
(b) The Greater Whole
(c) The government
(d) Their pets
4. What are some of the regular features of life at La Honda?
(a) Yoga classes three times a week to stay healthy
(b) Day Glo paint on everything, Friday night dinners
(c) Arm wrestling on Wednesdays
(d) LSD-laced prayer sessions at sunrise
5. How do Kesey and his crew travel?
(a) In a group of motorcycles
(b) In an RV
(c) In a wildly painted 1939 international Harvester school bus
(d) In a station wagon
6. What happens when the Pranksters arrive at the seven-day Unitarian Conference?
(a) They offend the older Unitarians and intrigue the younger ones.
(b) They discover they like organized religion
(c) They offend everyone
(d) They are popular with everyone
7. How was Kesey's novel received?
(a) No one read it because it was never published
(b) Mixed reviews
(c) Not well at all
(d) Very well
8. According to Wolfe, what do the La Honda citizens call the Kesey colony?
9. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
(a) The Leary group
(b) Forty Hell's Angels
(c) Angelic Children
10. What is a rule that Kesey establishes for travel?
(a) That if someone is angry, just ignore them
(b) Nobody's allowed to get angry with anyone else no matter what
(c) Nobody's allowed to say what they really mean
(d) That there are no rules
11. What drew the Hell's Angels to the Kesey?
(a) His comformist philosophy
(b) The marijuana charges against him
(c) His very expensive house
(d) His good looks
12. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
(b) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
(c) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
(d) She reads more books and writes a few novels
13. Who is Sonny Barger?
(a) Sandy's cousin
(b) A novelist and motorcycle enthusiast
(c) The president of the Hell's Angels, famous from the Hunter S. Thompson book
(d) A cousin of Sonny Bono the singer
14. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
(a) It breaks down and they can't fix it
(b) They get stopped by a trooper but aren't ticketed
(c) They drive it to Canada and realize Canada's a nice place
(d) They decide it's better to drive an RV
15. How do the young women at the conference react to Kesey?
(a) They find him bizarre and stay away from him
(b) They find him very attractive
(c) They find him intelligent but hard to look at
(d) They are scared of him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman Hartweg want to do with the Pranksters' film?
2. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
3. What is the name that Kesey gives his group?
4. Where have Kesey and the Pranksters moved to?
5. What do the Pranksters do ahead of the arrival of the police?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)