|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kenneth Babbs introduce to the new Kesey colony?
(b) Asian novels
(c) Fine cuisine
2. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
(b) No, absolutely not
(c) No one knows because it's against the law to talk about them
(d) On a very conditional basis
3. When Kesey returns to SF from jail, what does he see and describes to Wolfe?
(a) He describes how San Francisco has slipped into sleaze and poverty
(b) He sees a city flourishing with life and wealth
(c) He sees a city that looks like New York
(d) He sees a city that looks more and more like Los Angeles
4. After doing a lot of talking, Kesey emerges from the bus with what on his face?
(a) The sign of the cross over his forehead
(b) A huge swath of adhesive tape over his mouth
(c) Day Glo paint
(d) Women's makeup
5. What happens when the Pranksters arrive at the seven-day Unitarian Conference?
(a) They offend everyone
(b) They are popular with everyone
(c) They discover they like organized religion
(d) They offend the older Unitarians and intrigue the younger ones.
6. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
(b) Yes, but only on Saturdays
(c) Of course
(d) It's hard to say because they have no rules
7. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
(a) He doesn't care how they live
(b) He hasn't made up his mind
8. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Doris Day
(b) Delores Johnson
(c) Dorothy Dandridge
(d) Doris Roberts
9. What is Perry Lane?
(a) It's a mythical street made famous in a Beatles song
(b) A street in La Honda, California where Kesey bought a house
(c) It's the name of the warehouse
(d) Stanford's Bohemian quarter, where Kesey eventually lived while studying at Stanford
10. Freewheeling Frank is a:
(a) Motorcycle mechanic
(b) Car mechanic
(c) World War II vet
(d) Hell's Angel
11. What do the Pranksters introduce to the Angels?
(a) LSD and DMT
(b) Orange Juice and Kool-Aid
(c) Guns and spears
(d) Morphine and Amphetamines
12. Where was Kesey born and raised?
(a) La Junta, Colorado. Raised in Springfield, Oregon.
(b) In La Honda, California
(c) No one really knows and he won't tell.
(d) In Portland, Oregon
13. What literary form opens this chapter?
(a) A bible verse
(b) A poem
(c) A Walter Cronkite comment
(d) The lyrics of a Jimi Hendrix song
14. When Kesey returns to the warehouse after a stay in jail, what does he say to Mountain Girl?
(a) I need a new lawyer
(b) Where are my pants?
(c) Where is everyone?
(d) Where's my shirt?
15. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
(a) They drive it to Canada and realize Canada's a nice place
(b) It breaks down and they can't fix it
(c) They decide it's better to drive an RV
(d) They get stopped by a trooper but aren't ticketed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kesey discover at Stanford that changes the course of his life?
2. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
3. What do the Pranksters learn at a beach in New Orleans?
4. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
5. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)