|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps the Pranksters together?
(c) Ken Kesey, drug use, and common beliefs about society
(d) Belief in the health insurance systems
2. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
(a) A lead singer and his band
(b) An anchorman and his reporters
(c) A religious leader and his followers
(d) A CEO and his staff
3. What happens when the Pranksters arrive at the seven-day Unitarian Conference?
(a) They offend the older Unitarians and intrigue the younger ones.
(b) They offend everyone
(c) They discover they like organized religion
(d) They are popular with everyone
4. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Dorothy Dandridge
(b) Doris Roberts
(c) Doris Day
(d) Delores Johnson
5. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
(a) The New York finale
(b) The Millbrook Test
(c) The Leary Trip
(d) The Crypt Trip
6. Why does Kesey decide to leave Millbrook?
(a) There's no parking space for the bus
(b) He gets a cool reception and finds he has little in common with the Leary Group
(c) He misses California and feels homesick
(d) He doesn't like the climate
7. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
(a) Simple prose
(b) Hysterical Realism
(c) Hysterical Journalism
(d) Magical Realism
8. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
(a) He smiles a long drug-induced smile that wins them over
(b) He offers them free drugs
(c) He offers to give them all rides home
(d) He swims quickly to shore without saying a thing
9. What famous literary figures show up at the Pranksters' party in New York?
(a) Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg
(b) Alexandre Dumas and Charles Dickens
(c) John le Carre and Joseph Heller
(d) Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. What do Kesey and his cohorts wear?
(a) Black overalls
(b) Overalls with pieces of the American flag sewn into them
(c) Colorful aprons
(d) White painter's overalls
11. What do the Pranksters introduce to the Angels?
(a) Morphine and Amphetamines
(b) Guns and spears
(c) Orange Juice and Kool-Aid
(d) LSD and DMT
12. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
(a) High-heeled shoes
(b) Black Shiny Shoes
(c) Unshined shoes
(d) Black Matte Shoes
13. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
(a) Acid Test Graduation
(b) Cops Should Try This
(c) Outsiders Welcome
(d) Outsiders Graduate after Pranksters
14. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
(a) He hasn't made up his mind
(c) He doesn't care how they live
15. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
(a) Amused, not too serious
(c) Tickled to death
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
2. Kesey enters Perry Lane initially as a writer but eventually becomes what?
3. What does Norman Hartweg want to do with the Pranksters' film?
4. Why does Kesey annoy many of the people who visit La Honda?
5. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)