|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
(a) A lead singer and his band
(b) A CEO and his staff
(c) A religious leader and his followers
(d) An anchorman and his reporters
2. As the conference progresses, what becomes more interesting to Kesey?
(a) The older Unitarians
(b) The need for religion in his life
(c) The sacraments
(d) The phenomenon of Control
3. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
(a) His wife's face
(b) The American flag
(c) His birthdate
(d) The Flag of the Merry Pranksters
4. What do the Pranksters learn at a beach in New Orleans?
(a) That they thought they were in Alabama
(b) That it's segregated and for Blacks only
(c) It's polluted and will make them sick
(d) They will have to make the rest of the trip on foot
5. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
(a) He thinks it should be the official dosage
(b) He salutes everyone he meets
(c) It has no effect on him
(d) He goes on a really bad acid trip
6. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
(a) The late '60s drug culture included electricity
(b) There was no early '60s drug culture
(c) The early '60s drug culture was attached to civil rights
(d) There was no difference
7. How do Kesey and his crew travel?
(a) In an RV
(b) In a group of motorcycles
(c) In a station wagon
(d) In a wildly painted 1939 international Harvester school bus
8. Where do the Pranksters go to meet Leary?
(a) Ithica, New York
(b) Queens, New York
(c) Millbrook, New York
(d) Poughkeepsie, New York
9. According to the author, what was the original intent of the trip?
(a) To get to New York as cheaply as possible
(b) To see who could drive the bus best
(c) It was a great bursting out of La Honda into an unsuspecting America.
(d) To see who could drive best under the influence of LSD
10. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
(a) Yes, and they get along well
(b) In a spiritual way, yes
(d) They pass each other in the hallway but can't talk
11. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
(b) He hasn't made up his mind
(c) He doesn't care how they live
12. What do the Angels like about Allen Ginsburg?
(a) He's the greatest and straightest unstraight guy they ever met
(b) He's the straightest straight guy on the planet
(c) He's a great straight singer
(d) He stand straight making him look taller than he really is
13. How was Kesey's novel received?
(a) Mixed reviews
(b) Not well at all
(c) No one read it because it was never published
(d) Very well
14. Do Kesey and the crew talk much about the experience on the bus?
(a) Yes, all the time
(b) Only to Tom Wolfe but off-record
(c) Only off-camera so no one knows what they're saying
15. Where have Kesey and the Pranksters moved to?
(a) La Jolla, California
(b) Santa Barbara, California
(c) La Honda, California
(d) Seattle, Washington
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink is in the bus fridge and laced with LSD?
2. What is Ken Kesey's profession?
3. Is the intersubjectivity for the group the same on the bus and off the bus?
4. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
5. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)