|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolfe compare to the Pranksters?
(a) The Federal government
(b) The Army
(c) A polygamist cult
(d) A massive psychological encounter group
2. Who were the main figures on Perry Lane?
(a) Robin Givens and Gwen Stefani, entertainers
(b) Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg
(c) Robin White and Gwen Davis, novelists
(d) Robert Redford and Paul Newman
3. What route do the Pranksters take back to California?
(a) The same one they took to the east coast
(b) The midwestern route
(c) The northern route
(d) They go through Canada before re-entering the U.S. through Washington
4. What do the Angels like about Allen Ginsburg?
(a) He stand straight making him look taller than he really is
(b) He's a great straight singer
(c) He's the straightest straight guy on the planet
(d) He's the greatest and straightest unstraight guy they ever met
5. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
(a) An anchorman and his reporters
(b) A CEO and his staff
(c) A religious leader and his followers
(d) A lead singer and his band
6. Freewheeling Frank is a:
(a) World War II vet
(b) Car mechanic
(c) Motorcycle mechanic
(d) Hell's Angel
7. What does Wolfe find distracting about Hassler?
(a) He's incredibly handsome
(b) His plastic toothbrush case in his shirt pocket
(c) He is completely silent
(d) He twitches his eyes constantly without a reason
8. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
(a) The New York finale
(b) The Leary Trip
(c) The Crypt Trip
(d) The Millbrook Test
9. Why does Kesey want to document the road trip?
(a) He worries that his memory is fading
(b) He wants to become a filmmaker
(c) He wants to capture the amazing things that will happen while on drugs
(d) He wants evidence in case he has to go to court someday
10. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
(a) They get stopped by a trooper but aren't ticketed
(b) They decide it's better to drive an RV
(c) It breaks down and they can't fix it
(d) They drive it to Canada and realize Canada's a nice place
11. Who is most likely to understand Kesey and the Merry Pranksters?
(a) Timothy Leary and his League for Spiritual Discovery
(b) John F. Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline
(c) Mick Jagger and the rest of the Rolling Stones
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Civil Rights Movement
12. Is the intersubjectivity for the group the same on the bus and off the bus?
(a) Yes, completely
(b) It's exactly the same on and off the bus
(c) It depends on the temperature outside the bus
13. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
(a) On a very conditional basis
(b) No, absolutely not
(d) No one knows because it's against the law to talk about them
14. Why does Kesey decide to leave Millbrook?
(a) He gets a cool reception and finds he has little in common with the Leary Group
(b) There's no parking space for the bus
(c) He doesn't like the climate
(d) He misses California and feels homesick
15. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
(a) Hysterical Journalism
(b) Magical Realism
(c) Hysterical Realism
(d) Simple prose
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pranksters introduce to the Angels?
2. Who is Sonny Barger?
3. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
4. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
5. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)