|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freewheeling Frank is a:
(a) Motorcycle mechanic
(b) World War II vet
(c) Car mechanic
(d) Hell's Angel
2. Where do the Pranksters go to meet Leary?
(a) Poughkeepsie, New York
(b) Ithica, New York
(c) Millbrook, New York
(d) Queens, New York
3. Where does Babbs place his writing in the warehouse?
(a) In the closet
(b) Under a bed
(c) In Kesey's belongings
(d) In a box in the middle of the floor.
4. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
(b) Amused, not too serious
(d) Tickled to death
5. What does Wolfe compare to the Pranksters?
(a) The Federal government
(b) The Army
(c) A massive psychological encounter group
(d) A polygamist cult
6. According to Wolfe, what do the La Honda citizens call the Kesey colony?
7. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
(a) The Greater Whole
(b) Their parents
(c) Their pets
(d) The government
8. What do the Angels like about Allen Ginsburg?
(a) He's the greatest and straightest unstraight guy they ever met
(b) He stand straight making him look taller than he really is
(c) He's the straightest straight guy on the planet
(d) He's a great straight singer
9. What drew the Hell's Angels to the Kesey?
(a) His good looks
(b) The marijuana charges against him
(c) His very expensive house
(d) His comformist philosophy
10. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
(a) The Flag of the Merry Pranksters
(b) His birthdate
(c) His wife's face
(d) The American flag
11. What is the Bladder Totem?
(a) A native American talisman
(b) A talisman that looks like a bladder
(c) A bathroom key attached to a gas can
(d) A pole that helps open the bathroom door
12. Where have Kesey and the Pranksters moved to?
(a) Seattle, Washington
(b) La Jolla, California
(c) Santa Barbara, California
(d) La Honda, California
13. What literary form opens this chapter?
(a) A Walter Cronkite comment
(b) A bible verse
(c) The lyrics of a Jimi Hendrix song
(d) A poem
14. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
(a) Magical Realism
(b) Simple prose
(c) Hysterical Journalism
(d) Hysterical Realism
15. What does Kenneth Babbs introduce to the new Kesey colony?
(b) Fine cuisine
(d) Asian novels
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
2. What does Norman Hartweg want to do with the Pranksters' film?
3. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
4. How was Kesey's novel received?
5. What keeps the Pranksters together?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)