|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What route do the Pranksters take back to California?
(a) The midwestern route
(b) They go through Canada before re-entering the U.S. through Washington
(c) The same one they took to the east coast
(d) The northern route
2. What style of writing does Wolfe describe he's using in telling this story?
(a) Simple prose
(b) Hysterical Journalism
(c) Magical Realism
(d) Hysterical Realism
3. Is the intersubjectivity for the group the same on the bus and off the bus?
(a) It's exactly the same on and off the bus
(c) Yes, completely
(d) It depends on the temperature outside the bus
4. What is a rule that Kesey establishes for travel?
(a) That if someone is angry, just ignore them
(b) That there are no rules
(c) Nobody's allowed to say what they really mean
(d) Nobody's allowed to get angry with anyone else no matter what
5. What is the name that Kesey gives his group?
(a) The Leary Wannabes
(b) The Jolly Pranksters
(c) The Merry Pranksters
(d) The Merry Politicians
6. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Doris Roberts
(b) Dorothy Dandridge
(c) Delores Johnson
(d) Doris Day
7. What literary form opens this chapter?
(a) The lyrics of a Jimi Hendrix song
(b) A poem
(c) A Walter Cronkite comment
(d) A bible verse
8. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
(a) He salutes everyone he meets
(b) It has no effect on him
(c) He goes on a really bad acid trip
(d) He thinks it should be the official dosage
9. Does Kesey believe that experiencing things in the present is really possible?
(a) He doesn't really care so long as he's having a good time
(b) He's still unsure because the drugs haven't kicked in
(c) Absolutely. He thinks he's living proof of living in the present
(d) No, because our senses have a time lag
10. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
(a) The Millbrook Test
(b) The New York finale
(c) The Crypt Trip
(d) The Leary Trip
11. What drink is in the bus fridge and laced with LSD?
(b) Orange Juice
(c) Cranberry Juice
12. How do Kesey and his crew travel?
(a) In a wildly painted 1939 international Harvester school bus
(b) In a station wagon
(c) In an RV
(d) In a group of motorcycles
13. What do Kesey and his cohorts wear?
(a) Overalls with pieces of the American flag sewn into them
(b) Black overalls
(c) White painter's overalls
(d) Colorful aprons
14. What happens after the bust on La Honda?
(a) Kesey and Page Browning are charged with pot possession and the Pranksters' popularity increases
(b) The government seizes the land and imprisons the group
(c) The Pranksters's popularity plummets
(d) Kesey is charged with tax fraud and is taken into custody
15. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
(a) In a warehouse
(b) In a Victorian style house
(c) In a townhouse
(d) In a factory
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the regular features of life at La Honda?
2. What is the cause of Sandy's disturbing hallucinations?
3. What is "Tootling the Multitudes?"
4. Who were the main figures on Perry Lane?
5. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)