|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After doing a lot of talking, Kesey emerges from the bus with what on his face?
(a) The sign of the cross over his forehead
(b) Women's makeup
(c) A huge swath of adhesive tape over his mouth
(d) Day Glo paint
2. What has the Vietnam vet Babbs written and shown to Wolfe?
(a) A picture of a Vietnamese war prison
(b) A novel
(c) A letter from John McCain
(d) A gun
3. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Delores Johnson
(b) Dorothy Dandridge
(c) Doris Day
(d) Doris Roberts
4. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
(a) Yes, and they get along well
(c) They pass each other in the hallway but can't talk
(d) In a spiritual way, yes
5. What are some of the regular features of life at La Honda?
(a) LSD-laced prayer sessions at sunrise
(b) Arm wrestling on Wednesdays
(c) Yoga classes three times a week to stay healthy
(d) Day Glo paint on everything, Friday night dinners
6. How do the young women at the conference react to Kesey?
(a) They find him bizarre and stay away from him
(b) They are scared of him
(c) They find him very attractive
(d) They find him intelligent but hard to look at
7. Kesey says he wants everyone to do their thing and be Pranksters, but he also wants them to be:
8. What does Kenneth Babbs introduce to the new Kesey colony?
(a) Fine cuisine
(b) Asian novels
9. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
(b) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
(c) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
(d) She reads more books and writes a few novels
10. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
(a) The Leary group
(b) Forty Hell's Angels
(d) Angelic Children
11. Describe some of the young women who join the Pranksters on the bus.
(a) They wear little clothing and paint themselves in Day-Glo
(b) They sit still on the bus and never move unless told
(c) They wear baggy clothing and refuse to wear makeup
(d) They wear nice suits and wear no makeup
12. How do Kesey and his crew travel?
(a) In a wildly painted 1939 international Harvester school bus
(b) In a station wagon
(c) In a group of motorcycles
(d) In an RV
13. What route do the Pranksters take back to California?
(a) The same one they took to the east coast
(b) They go through Canada before re-entering the U.S. through Washington
(c) The midwestern route
(d) The northern route
14. Where does the author Tom Wolfe first meet Kesey?
(a) In a library
(b) In prison
(c) In the psych ward
(d) In a coffee shop
15. Where does Babbs place his writing in the warehouse?
(a) Under a bed
(b) In Kesey's belongings
(c) In the closet
(d) In a box in the middle of the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
2. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
3. Why is Neal Cassady well-known?
4. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
5. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)