|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
(a) Yes, and they get along well
(b) In a spiritual way, yes
(d) They pass each other in the hallway but can't talk
2. What drew the Hell's Angels to the Kesey?
(a) The marijuana charges against him
(b) His comformist philosophy
(c) His very expensive house
(d) His good looks
3. What do the Pranksters do ahead of the arrival of the police?
(a) They burn the house down
(b) They empty the house and flee into the woods
(c) They put up large signs that mock the police to let them know they're coming
(d) They change their appearance completely
4. What does Goldhill urge Kesey to stop telling people?
(a) That he's actually Timothy Leary
(b) That they should cease use of LSD
(c) That legislation is needed to prohibit LSD
(d) That LSD isn't good for kids
5. According to Wolfe, what do the La Honda citizens call the Kesey colony?
6. How do the young women at the conference react to Kesey?
(a) They find him intelligent but hard to look at
(b) They find him very attractive
(c) They are scared of him
(d) They find him bizarre and stay away from him
7. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
(a) Tickled to death
(d) Amused, not too serious
8. What does Kesey do on stage that makes the Unitarians gasp?
(a) He steps on the American flag and grinds it into the floor.
(b) He burns the flag
(c) He uses the flag like a towel to wipe his face
(d) He tears the American flag apart and gives pieces to the audience
9. How long does the Pranksters-Angels party last?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two hours
(c) Two months
(d) Two days
10. As the conference progresses, what becomes more interesting to Kesey?
(a) The need for religion in his life
(b) The phenomenon of Control
(c) The older Unitarians
(d) The sacraments
11. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
(b) She reads more books and writes a few novels
(c) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
(d) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
12. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
(a) In a townhouse
(b) In a warehouse
(c) In a Victorian style house
(d) In a factory
13. What literary form opens this chapter?
(a) A bible verse
(b) A poem
(c) The lyrics of a Jimi Hendrix song
(d) A Walter Cronkite comment
14. What do the Pranksters believe about people living the "straight" life?
(a) They pretend they are smart and they are not
(b) They play high-tech games that they don't understand
(c) They are good people but not interesting
(d) They are involved in games and not conscious of them
15. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
(a) He doesn't care how they live
(d) He hasn't made up his mind
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pranksters go to meet Leary?
2. What is Ken Kesey's profession?
3. What is Unauthorized Acid?
4. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
5. What does MDT stand for?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)