|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Sandy's disturbing hallucinations?
(a) Thoughts of the DMZ in Korea
(b) Some cheap LSD he bought in New York
(c) DMT, which he took at Millbrook
(d) The LSD that the Learyites used
2. Through a long quote by Joachim Wach, how does the author describe Kesey and company?
(a) Interesting but he questions why he's writing a book about them
(b) As a group that functions better than most families
(c) Insufferable and stupid
(d) As a group that has, for the most part, broken away from mainstream society
3. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
(a) Bizarre. He speaks in a most unusual language
(b) He can't because Cassady is impossible to get to know
(c) Not dependable at all
(d) A rock.The most dependable of all the Pranksters
4. Who is Sonny Barger?
(a) The president of the Hell's Angels, famous from the Hunter S. Thompson book
(b) Sandy's cousin
(c) A cousin of Sonny Bono the singer
(d) A novelist and motorcycle enthusiast
5. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
(a) In a spiritual way, yes
(b) Yes, and they get along well
(c) They pass each other in the hallway but can't talk
6. How do Kesey and his crew travel?
(a) In a wildly painted 1939 international Harvester school bus
(b) In a group of motorcycles
(c) In an RV
(d) In a station wagon
7. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
(a) They decide it's better to drive an RV
(b) They get stopped by a trooper but aren't ticketed
(c) It breaks down and they can't fix it
(d) They drive it to Canada and realize Canada's a nice place
8. When Kesey returns to SF from jail, what does he see and describes to Wolfe?
(a) He sees a city that looks like New York
(b) He sees a city that looks more and more like Los Angeles
(c) He describes how San Francisco has slipped into sleaze and poverty
(d) He sees a city flourishing with life and wealth
9. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
(a) Amused, not too serious
(d) Tickled to death
10. When Kesey returns to the warehouse after a stay in jail, what does he say to Mountain Girl?
(a) Where is everyone?
(b) Where's my shirt?
(c) Where are my pants?
(d) I need a new lawyer
11. What does Norman Hartweg want to do with the Pranksters' film?
(a) Edit it and write about it
(b) Burn it so that it can't be used as evidence in a trial
(c) Send it to Norman Polanski to make a film
(d) Keep it in a safe place for them
12. What is Unauthorized Acid?
(a) Acid that hasn't passed FDA standards
(b) A big gulp, not the measured cup of LSD-laced orange juice
(c) An amount not approved by the government
(d) Foreign LSD
13. Kesey, while working as a night attendant in psych ward writes what famous novel?
(a) The Assassin
(b) What to Expect when You're Expecting
(c) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
14. What do the Pranksters do ahead of the arrival of the police?
(a) They put up large signs that mock the police to let them know they're coming
(b) They burn the house down
(c) They change their appearance completely
(d) They empty the house and flee into the woods
15. Where was Kesey born and raised?
(a) No one really knows and he won't tell.
(b) In Portland, Oregon
(c) In La Honda, California
(d) La Junta, Colorado. Raised in Springfield, Oregon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
2. Who is most likely to understand Kesey and the Merry Pranksters?
3. What happens to Sandy after taking Unauthorized Acid?
4. Describe some of the young women who join the Pranksters on the bus.
5. What happens to the Beauty Witch when the group reaches Houston?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)