|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kesey enters Perry Lane initially as a writer but eventually becomes what?
(a) A volunteer at a shelter for battered women
(b) A student nurse
(c) A volunteer in a research study on the effects of psyhoactive drugs.
(d) A volunteer in a maternity ward
2. When Kesey returns to the warehouse after a stay in jail, what does he say to Mountain Girl?
(a) Where are my pants?
(b) Where is everyone?
(c) Where's my shirt?
(d) I need a new lawyer
3. What happens to the Beauty Witch when the group reaches Houston?
(a) She is recruited to participate in a pageant
(b) She gets car sickness
(c) She gets a job offer and has to leave
(d) She has gone completely insane
4. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
(b) No one knows because it's against the law to talk about them
(c) No, absolutely not
(d) On a very conditional basis
5. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
(a) The Leary group
(c) Angelic Children
(d) Forty Hell's Angels
6. According to the author, what was the original intent of the trip?
(a) To see who could drive the bus best
(b) To see who could drive best under the influence of LSD
(c) To get to New York as cheaply as possible
(d) It was a great bursting out of La Honda into an unsuspecting America.
7. Who were the main figures on Perry Lane?
(a) Robin Givens and Gwen Stefani, entertainers
(b) Robert Redford and Paul Newman
(c) Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg
(d) Robin White and Gwen Davis, novelists
8. Does Kesey believe that experiencing things in the present is really possible?
(a) He's still unsure because the drugs haven't kicked in
(b) No, because our senses have a time lag
(c) Absolutely. He thinks he's living proof of living in the present
(d) He doesn't really care so long as he's having a good time
9. What happens to the Pranksters when they first take the bus on a test run?
(a) It breaks down and they can't fix it
(b) They decide it's better to drive an RV
(c) They get stopped by a trooper but aren't ticketed
(d) They drive it to Canada and realize Canada's a nice place
10. What has the Vietnam vet Babbs written and shown to Wolfe?
(a) A picture of a Vietnamese war prison
(b) A gun
(c) A letter from John McCain
(d) A novel
11. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
(a) He starts his own academic study of LSD at Columbia University
(b) He defects to the Leary group
(c) He loses control of himself, makes a scene and has to leave the group
(d) He stops taking LSD and decides he wants to leave
12. What is Unauthorized Acid?
(a) Foreign LSD
(b) An amount not approved by the government
(c) A big gulp, not the measured cup of LSD-laced orange juice
(d) Acid that hasn't passed FDA standards
13. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
(a) High-heeled shoes
(b) Black Matte Shoes
(c) Black Shiny Shoes
(d) Unshined shoes
14. What do the Pranksters introduce to the Angels?
(a) Orange Juice and Kool-Aid
(b) Morphine and Amphetamines
(c) LSD and DMT
(d) Guns and spears
15. What keeps the Pranksters together?
(a) Belief in the health insurance systems
(d) Ken Kesey, drug use, and common beliefs about society
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goldhill urge Kesey to stop telling people?
2. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
3. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
4. Who are the Young Turks?
5. After doing a lot of talking, Kesey emerges from the bus with what on his face?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)