|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Beauty Witch when the group reaches Houston?
(a) She gets a job offer and has to leave
(b) She has gone completely insane
(c) She gets car sickness
(d) She is recruited to participate in a pageant
2. What is the cause of Sandy's disturbing hallucinations?
(a) The LSD that the Learyites used
(b) DMT, which he took at Millbrook
(c) Some cheap LSD he bought in New York
(d) Thoughts of the DMZ in Korea
3. How long does the Pranksters-Angels party last?
(a) Two hours
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two months
(d) Two days
4. What famous literary figures show up at the Pranksters' party in New York?
(a) Alexandre Dumas and Charles Dickens
(b) Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg
(c) John le Carre and Joseph Heller
(d) Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. What famous actress does Doris Delay resemble?
(a) Dorothy Dandridge
(b) Doris Roberts
(c) Delores Johnson
(d) Doris Day
6. Describe some of the young women who join the Pranksters on the bus.
(a) They wear little clothing and paint themselves in Day-Glo
(b) They sit still on the bus and never move unless told
(c) They wear baggy clothing and refuse to wear makeup
(d) They wear nice suits and wear no makeup
7. What does Wolfe find distracting about Hassler?
(a) He is completely silent
(b) He twitches his eyes constantly without a reason
(c) His plastic toothbrush case in his shirt pocket
(d) He's incredibly handsome
8. What does Kesey do on stage that makes the Unitarians gasp?
(a) He steps on the American flag and grinds it into the floor.
(b) He uses the flag like a towel to wipe his face
(c) He tears the American flag apart and gives pieces to the audience
(d) He burns the flag
9. Who are the Young Turks?
(a) Three Unitarian Ministers who attended the Pranksters-Angels party
(b) Three Nuns from Turkey
(c) Three young students from Turkey
(d) Three maverick business people
10. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
(a) In a townhouse
(b) In a warehouse
(c) In a Victorian style house
(d) In a factory
11. As the conference progresses, what becomes more interesting to Kesey?
(a) The sacraments
(b) The phenomenon of Control
(c) The older Unitarians
(d) The need for religion in his life
12. Why is Neal Cassady well-known?
(a) He is a famous author
(b) He is Jack Kerouac's brother
(c) Jack Kerouac based a character on him in On the Road.
(d) He is a rock star
13. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
(a) He offers to give them all rides home
(b) He offers them free drugs
(c) He swims quickly to shore without saying a thing
(d) He smiles a long drug-induced smile that wins them over
14. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
(c) His holiness
15. When Kesey returns to SF from jail, what does he see and describes to Wolfe?
(a) He describes how San Francisco has slipped into sleaze and poverty
(b) He sees a city that looks like New York
(c) He sees a city flourishing with life and wealth
(d) He sees a city that looks more and more like Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the Pranksters together?
2. What does Wolfe compare Kesey and the Pranksters to?
3. Does Kesey get to meet Leary?
4. Who do the Pranksters invite to La Honda?
5. What is the Leary group's view of the Pranksters?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)