|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIII The Red Tide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Perry Lane?
(a) It's the name of the warehouse
(b) It's a mythical street made famous in a Beatles song
(c) A street in La Honda, California where Kesey bought a house
(d) Stanford's Bohemian quarter, where Kesey eventually lived while studying at Stanford
2. Where do the Pranksters go to meet Leary?
(a) Queens, New York
(b) Ithica, New York
(c) Poughkeepsie, New York
(d) Millbrook, New York
3. What do some Pranksters think of Babbs's leadership style?
(a) They don't like it. It's Army style
(b) They think he's very much like Kesey
(c) They think he's cool
(d) They think he's like the Dalai Lama
4. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
(b) She reads more books and writes a few novels
(c) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
(d) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
5. Who were the main figures on Perry Lane?
(a) Robert Redford and Paul Newman
(b) Robin Givens and Gwen Stefani, entertainers
(c) Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg
(d) Robin White and Gwen Davis, novelists
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one pass the acid test?
2. Where have Kesey and the Pranksters moved to?
3. According to Wolfe, who in three years time will film an LSD bus trip through England?
4. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
5. What does Kesey do on stage that makes the Unitarians gasp?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)