|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXIII The Red Tide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owsley make?
(a) Sound systems
(c) Film editing equipment
2. What do people start to call Kesey's La Honda home?
(a) A kind of hill-country Versailles with Kesey as Sun-King
(b) The Forbidden City of the West with Kesey as Emperor
(c) Windsor Castle with Kesey as the Prince of Wales
(d) A shack in the mountainside
3. According to Wolfe, what do the La Honda citizens call the Kesey colony?
4. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
(a) The early '60s drug culture was attached to civil rights
(b) There was no early '60s drug culture
(c) There was no difference
(d) The late '60s drug culture included electricity
5. Why is Neal Cassady well-known?
(a) He is a rock star
(b) He is a famous author
(c) He is Jack Kerouac's brother
(d) Jack Kerouac based a character on him in On the Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wolfe's reaction to Babb's writing?
2. Through a long quote by Joachim Wach, how does the author describe Kesey and company?
3. What stands at the center of the Hall at the Trips Festival?
4. What is Unauthorized Acid?
5. What happens to Kesey on the rooftop of Stewart Brand's building in San Francisco?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)