|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII The Bust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
(a) He starts his own academic study of LSD at Columbia University
(b) He loses control of himself, makes a scene and has to leave the group
(c) He defects to the Leary group
(d) He stops taking LSD and decides he wants to leave
2. Where does the author Tom Wolfe first meet Kesey?
(a) In a library
(b) In a coffee shop
(c) In the psych ward
(d) In prison
3. Where do Kesey and the Pranksters go?
(a) New York
(d) Mexico City
4. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
(a) He swims quickly to shore without saying a thing
(b) He offers to give them all rides home
(c) He offers them free drugs
(d) He smiles a long drug-induced smile that wins them over
5. What does Norman Hartweg want to do with the Pranksters' film?
(a) Send it to Norman Polanski to make a film
(b) Edit it and write about it
(c) Keep it in a safe place for them
(d) Burn it so that it can't be used as evidence in a trial
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the drug culture of the early '60s and the late '60s?
2. What famous literary figures show up at the Pranksters' party in New York?
3. Do outsiders have any interest in joining the Pranksters?
4. What do the Pranksters learn at a beach in New Orleans?
5. When Wolfe enters the Warehouse, he mentions a banner that says:
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)