|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII The Bust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a rule that Kesey establishes for travel?
(a) Nobody's allowed to say what they really mean
(b) That if someone is angry, just ignore them
(c) Nobody's allowed to get angry with anyone else no matter what
(d) That there are no rules
2. How do Kesey and his crew travel?
(a) In a group of motorcycles
(b) In a station wagon
(c) In an RV
(d) In a wildly painted 1939 international Harvester school bus
3. What does Goldhill urge Kesey to stop telling people?
(a) That they should cease use of LSD
(b) That LSD isn't good for kids
(c) That legislation is needed to prohibit LSD
(d) That he's actually Timothy Leary
4. How does Mountain Girl change as she spends more time as a Prankster?
(a) She gains a lot of weight, has trouble walking and sleeping
(b) She reads more books and writes a few novels
(c) She becomes less interested in expressing herself and eventually becomes mute
(d) Yes. Mountain Girl, for example, loses weight, becomes very beautiful, and gains confidence expressing herself
5. What is "Tootling the Multitudes?"
(a) To play people like they were music
(b) Serenading unsuspecting women
(c) Telling the common folk that they were pretty cool
(d) Singing Broadway songs to people who can't afford show tickets
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink is in the bus fridge and laced with LSD?
2. Why does Kesey decide to leave Millbrook?
3. Kesey says some people are good at understanding themselves but not:
4. Does Kesey believe that experiencing things in the present is really possible?
5. How was Kesey's novel received?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)