|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII The Bust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes do the Pranksters hate the most?
(a) Unshined shoes
(b) Black Matte Shoes
(c) Black Shiny Shoes
(d) High-heeled shoes
2. What does Kesey have enameled on one of his teeth?
(a) The Flag of the Merry Pranksters
(b) His birthdate
(c) The American flag
(d) His wife's face
3. When Kesey returns to SF from jail, what does he see and describes to Wolfe?
(a) He describes how San Francisco has slipped into sleaze and poverty
(b) He sees a city that looks more and more like Los Angeles
(c) He sees a city that looks like New York
(d) He sees a city flourishing with life and wealth
4. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
(a) Of course
(b) Yes, but only on Saturdays
(d) It's hard to say because they have no rules
5. Why is Neal Cassady well-known?
(a) Jack Kerouac based a character on him in On the Road.
(b) He is Jack Kerouac's brother
(c) He is a famous author
(d) He is a rock star
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the Pranksters' way of life strike the author as odd?
2. What do the Pranksters call their trip to Millbrook?
3. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
4. What do the Pranksters learn at a beach in New Orleans?
5. What happens to Sandy in this part of the story?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)