|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII Tootling the Multitudes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps the Pranksters together?
(a) Belief in the health insurance systems
(d) Ken Kesey, drug use, and common beliefs about society
2. What is the Bladder Totem?
(a) A pole that helps open the bathroom door
(b) A native American talisman
(c) A talisman that looks like a bladder
(d) A bathroom key attached to a gas can
3. What does Cassady do when driving over the Blue Ridge Mountains?
(a) He doesn't put his hands on the wheel
(b) He doesn't use the brakes
(c) He doesn't use the lights
(d) He sings opera very loudly
4. How does Wolfe describe Cassady?
(a) A rock.The most dependable of all the Pranksters
(b) Bizarre. He speaks in a most unusual language
(c) He can't because Cassady is impossible to get to know
(d) Not dependable at all
5. What famous literary figures show up at the Pranksters' party in New York?
(a) Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald
(b) John le Carre and Joseph Heller
(c) Alexandre Dumas and Charles Dickens
(d) Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg
Short Answer Questions
1. Sandy believes that Kesey is most interested in the forest as:
2. What do the Pransters call Kesey?
3. Where do the Merry Pranksters live?
4. Kesey enters Perry Lane initially as a writer but eventually becomes what?
5. Why does Kesey annoy many of the people who visit La Honda?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)