|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVI The Frozen Jug Band.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kesey want to document the road trip?
(a) He wants to become a filmmaker
(b) He worries that his memory is fading
(c) He wants evidence in case he has to go to court someday
(d) He wants to capture the amazing things that will happen while on drugs
2. What is the cause of Sandy's disturbing hallucinations?
(a) Thoughts of the DMZ in Korea
(b) DMT, which he took at Millbrook
(c) Some cheap LSD he bought in New York
(d) The LSD that the Learyites used
3. What drew the Hell's Angels to the Kesey?
(a) His very expensive house
(b) His comformist philosophy
(c) His good looks
(d) The marijuana charges against him
4. How does Zonker save himself in the water when he's surrounded by suspicious black men?
(a) He offers to give them all rides home
(b) He swims quickly to shore without saying a thing
(c) He smiles a long drug-induced smile that wins them over
(d) He offers them free drugs
5. What makes the Jug Band freeze?
(a) A combination of tear gas and drugs they've taken
(b) A combination of tear gas and fear
(c) A combination of tear gas and really cold weather
(d) The sight of Kesey and his harmonica
Short Answer Questions
1. Kesey, while working as a night attendant in psych ward writes what famous novel?
2. Kesey enters Perry Lane initially as a writer but eventually becomes what?
3. To whom does Kesey compare Paul Jacobs, one of the previous speakers?
4. Do the the Merry Pranksters invite or include all LSD users?
5. Who were the main figures on Perry Lane?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)