Chapter I Black Shiny FBI Shoes
* Tom Wolfe, author and journalist, meets a guy named Cool Breeze and learns that Ken Kesey, LSD guru, is coming out of jail.
* Wolfe has heard a lot about Kesey and finds him an interesting subject.
* Wolfe goes to San Mateo County jail to meet Kesey and decides to write about him.
* Wolfe describes the drug culture of the 1960s drug culture and previews what his account will be.
Chapter II The Bladder Totem
* Wolfe waits for Kesey in the Warehouse, where he and the Merry Pranksters live.
* The Pranksters use a bathroom at a gas station because they don't have one in the warehouse .
* Kesey returns from prison.
* Wolfe meets Neal Cassady and Ken Babbs as well as other members of the Pranksters who he finds odd.
* The Pranksters are critical of the 'straight life.'
Chapter III The Electric Suit
This section contains 1,836 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)