Chapter I Black Shiny FBI Shoes
• Tom Wolfe, author and journalist, meets a guy named Cool Breeze and learns that Ken Kesey, LSD guru, is coming out of jail.
• Wolfe has heard a lot about Kesey and finds him an interesting subject.
• Wolfe goes to San Mateo County jail to meet Kesey and decides to write about him.
• Wolfe describes the drug culture of the 1960s drug culture and previews what his account will be.
Chapter II The Bladder Totem
• Wolfe waits for Kesey in the Warehouse, where he and the Merry Pranksters live.
• The Pranksters use a bathroom at a gas station because they don't have one in the warehouse .
• Kesey returns from prison.
• Wolfe meets Neal Cassady and Ken Babbs as well as other members of the Pranksters who he finds odd.
• The Pranksters are critical of the 'straight life.'
Chapter III The Electric Suit
This section contains 2,056 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)