Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
2. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
3. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
4. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
5. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
What does the training of Mireille's falcon Charlot represent? In what way is it helpful? What does the falcon symbolize throughout the novel?
What techniques does the author use to develop the intrigue and mystery throughout the novel? Do you believe the author does so successfully? In what way is it successful or unsuccessful?
The author often intertwines fact and fiction throughout the novel. Write an essay describing two examples of this technique where factual information about historical characters is intertwined with fictional information created by the author. Does this technique have a possible thematic resonance? Why or why not?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)