|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises the Bishop safety and prosperity if he returns to France?
2. How do Catherine, Lily and the dog escape from the bar and Sharrif?
3. What does Shahin tell Mireille that he knows that she desires?
4. Which of the following characters looks like Mireille enough that Mireille can replace her to keep the appointment with the Revolution leader?
5. What does Catherine use as a weapon in her attempt to rescue Lily?
Essay Topic 1
Which events in the novel are most effective at being descriptive rather than puzzle making? Why do you believe these events were included? Do you believe there was enough description in this novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the theme of destiny as it is explored throughout the novel. Is this theme realistic? Why or why not? Do you believe that humanity cannot escape what is ordained for them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At what point in the novel does the author appear to make the shift from subconscious, spiritual destiny to outward, physical reality? Why do you think the author makes this shift? Do you believe the shift is successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)