Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
2. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
3. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
4. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
5. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the author's purpose for including quotes and titles at the beginning of each section of the book? What do they offer?
Essay Topic 2
The author often intertwines fact and fiction throughout the novel. Write an essay describing two examples of this technique where factual information about historical characters is intertwined with fictional information created by the author. Does this technique have a possible thematic resonance? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character, Solarin, as developed by the author. What two sides are there to this character? In what ways is the character being manipulated and in what ways does he manipulate others?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)