Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
2. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
3. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
4. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
5. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
Essay Topic 1
Which events in the novel are most effective at being descriptive rather than puzzle making? Why do you believe these events were included? Do you believe there was enough description in this novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the author's purpose for including quotes and titles at the beginning of each section of the book? What do they offer?
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel. the character of Catherine asks the rhetorical question as to what might happen if America should lose control of the world's oil supply. Toward the middle of the novel this rhetorical question is given real meaning. Why do you think the author included this line of thinking? Is it part of the puzzle? If so, in what way?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)