|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for The White Queen?
(d) The Woman from India
2. Which of the following is the best definition for zugzwang?
(a) At the solution to the problem
(b) Stuck in the past
(c) Stuck without apparent options
(d) Caught by ones enemy
3. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
4. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
(a) The Bishop is lookign for her
(b) The Abbess ordered her to stay
(c) She is afraid for her life
(d) She wants to see her son born into the game
5. What other person does Catherine learn has the same birthday as she?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Minnie tell Catherine has nine other pieces?
2. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
3. What city of the past do Catherine and Lily supposedly drive through as they follow the route Minnie drove?
4. Where is the Service's chessboard located?
5. What does Catherine tell Lily science has discovered that everything (matter, light and sound) is held together by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Catherine and Lily make it inside the restaurant and what are they challenged to?
2. What was the formula in the service for and what does it allow to happen according to Newton?
3. Why was the Bishop reduced to selling land to French immigrants for the four years that he has been living in America?
4. Where is Lily and how do Catherine and Kamel save her?
5. Why does the Bishop protest Mireille's suggestion that he must marry the White Queen to help end the game?
6. What happens to change Mireille's plans to kill Marat and how do they change?
7. Where was Lily surprised to find at least two pieces of the service?
8. What does Minnie tell Catherine that she was chosen to be and what realization about herself does Catherine come to?
9. What does Minnie reveal to Catherine and Lily about where the service is hidden and what does she provide them to help them collect them?
10. What events happen with the Bishop in London and what does she bring him?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)