|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
(a) Montglane Service
(b) Mystic science of numbers
(c) Relationship between alchemy and math
(d) Relationship between music and alchemy
2. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
3. Which of the following characters accompanies Mireille across Algeria?
4. Who does Marat assume will be able to get Mireille's pieces that she has shipped?
(a) The Bishop
(c) The Abbess
5. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The Singing Sands
(b) The Refugee of Sand
(c) The White Queen
(d) The White Sands
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises the Bishop safety and prosperity if he returns to France?
2. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
3. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
4. Where does Mireille tell Marat that she has shipped the pieces for which she was responsible?
5. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Kamel share with Catherine about El-Marad, the man she is looking for?
2. What alternative plan does Solarin offer once it is obvious that the storm has blown the ship significantly off course?
3. What does Catherine recall about the time when the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to return to their starting points?
4. What happens when Catherine and Lily make it inside the restaurant and what are they challenged to?
5. What is Paul's plan now that Catherine the Great has died?
6. Where does Catherine swim ashore and how does she get past the patrolling soldier?
7. What information does Charlot share with Mireille and what sacrifice does Charlot make for Mireille?
8. Why was the Bishop reduced to selling land to French immigrants for the four years that he has been living in America?
9. Why does the Bishop protest Mireille's suggestion that he must marry the White Queen to help end the game?
10. What information related to the Montglane service does Mireille learn when she confronts Philidor, Blake and Wordsworth?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)