|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city of the past do Catherine and Lily supposedly drive through as they follow the route Minnie drove?
2. How did Catherine, Lily and Solarin get to see Robespierre's diagram?
(a) They went to Russia to get it
(b) It was hidden on the boat
(c) Minnie gave it to them
(d) Mireille had it in her diary
3. Who promises the Bishop safety and prosperity if he returns to France?
4. Which of Catherine's friends does El-Marad's name remind her?
5. How does the Bishop describe England after he is told he is an enemy of the British people?
(a) The white land
(b) The white queen
(c) The black land
(d) The black queen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Minnie tell Catherine has nine other pieces?
2. Which of the following characters is revealed to be the Black King?
3. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
4. Where does Catherine come ashore?
5. Which of the following characters accompanies Mireille across Algeria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mireille see when she arrives at the hidden valley and what happens when she arrives there?
2. What does Minnie tell Catherine that she was chosen to be and what realization about herself does Catherine come to?
3. What connection does Lily explain to Catherine about the ax and chess?
4. What prophecy does Charlot offer to Napoleon?
5. What was the formula in the service for and what does it allow to happen according to Newton?
6. What does Catherine recall about the time when the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to return to their starting points?
7. What is Paul's plan now that Catherine the Great has died?
8. What is the secret message that El-Marad gives to Catherine and for whom is that secret message intended?
9. What happens to change Mireille's plans to kill Marat and how do they change?
10. What does Mireille tell David is the only thing that can both destroy the power of the revolution and rebuild France?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)