|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
2. What deduction do Catherine, Lily and Solarin come to about the placement of the pieces on the chess board?
(a) In a squared off figure eight
(b) Ax-shaped figure eight
(c) The shape of a sharpened ax
(d) In the shape of a stone
3. Where did Minnie and Solarin hide after they were separated from the rest of the family?
4. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
5. Who holds the Black Queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catherine and Lily see when they return to their car?
2. What does Minnie give to Catherine and Lily?
3. How does the Bishop describe England after he is told he is an enemy of the British people?
4. In what way are Solarin and Nim related?
5. Which of the following characters is revealed to be the Black King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Minnie reveal to Catherine and Lily about where the service is hidden and what does she provide them to help them collect them?
2. What does Mireille see when she arrives at the hidden valley and what happens when she arrives there?
3. What information related to the Montglane service does Mireille learn when she confronts Philidor, Blake and Wordsworth?
4. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
5. Where is Lily and how do Catherine and Kamel save her?
6. What was the formula in the service for and what does it allow to happen according to Newton?
7. What has the Abbess concealed in her room and how does Catherine react to it when the Abbess reveals it to her?
8. Where does Catherine swim ashore and how does she get past the patrolling soldier?
9. Where was Lily surprised to find at least two pieces of the service?
10. What prophecy does Charlot offer to Napoleon?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)