|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
(a) That Minnie has left the game
(b) That she is protected by Kamel
(c) That she knows he's the White King
(d) That Lily is the Black Queen
2. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
(a) Get the cloth
(b) Gather all of the pieces
(c) Gather the board
(d) Gather all of the pieces and the board
3. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
4. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
(a) A white queen chess piece
(c) A falcon
(d) A note from Nim
5. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
2. From where does Charlotte recognize the pattern from Robespierre's diagram?
3. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
4. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
5. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)