|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way are Solarin and Nim related?
(a) Uncle and nephew
(c) Father and son
(d) Grandfather and grandson
2. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
(a) She wants to see her son born into the game
(b) The Bishop is lookign for her
(c) The Abbess ordered her to stay
(d) She is afraid for her life
3. From where does Charlotte recognize the pattern from Robespierre's diagram?
(a) David's paintings
(b) Charlotte's robes
(c) Bishops clothes
(d) Cloth that covered the service
4. What becomes Mireille's personal mark?
(a) Letter M
(b) Figure 8
(c) Knight shape
(d) B for the Bishop
5. Why did Mireille return to Algiers before heading to England?
(a) To collect her son and Shahin
(b) To provide help to Charlotte
(c) To try and find eigh pieces of the service
(d) To find and speak to the Abbess
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily call the move she uses to get out of her stuck position?
2. Which of the following characters is identified in this section as the Black Queen of the more current times?
3. Who holds the Black Queen?
4. What does Mireille want the Bishop to do to gain control of the White Queen's pieces?
5. What is Solarin's relationship with Minnie?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)