|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
2. Where does Robespierre say the White Queen is currently?
3. Who does Robespierre say that Rousseau learned about the service from?
4. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
(a) He did not trust him
(b) He knows there are pieces in Egpy
(c) Death waits in France
(d) He was afraid
5. From where does Charlotte recognize the pattern from Robespierre's diagram?
(a) Bishops clothes
(b) David's paintings
(c) Cloth that covered the service
(d) Charlotte's robes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie tell Lily and Catherine the white side wants to create with the information contained in the Montglane Service?
2. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
3. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
4. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
5. How many pieces of the service does the Bishop have as he leaves England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has the Abbess concealed in her room and how does Catherine react to it when the Abbess reveals it to her?
2. What information does Kamel share with Catherine about El-Marad, the man she is looking for?
3. What is Paul's plan now that Catherine the Great has died?
4. What does Mireille tell David is the only thing that can both destroy the power of the revolution and rebuild France?
5. What connection does Lily explain to Catherine about the ax and chess?
6. What does Catherine recall about the time when the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to return to their starting points?
7. How many pieces have been located by Catherine and her friends and where are they located?
8. What information related to the Montglane service does Mireille learn when she confronts Philidor, Blake and Wordsworth?
9. What events happen with the Bishop in London and what does she bring him?
10. Why was the Bishop reduced to selling land to French immigrants for the four years that he has been living in America?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)