|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't El-Marad go to visit the woman who has several of the chess pieces himself?
(a) He does not have a passport
(b) She lives in a women-only environment
(c) She refuses to see him
(d) He is to ill to be able to travel
2. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
3. What deduction do Catherine, Lily and Solarin come to about the placement of the pieces on the chess board?
(a) The shape of a sharpened ax
(b) In a squared off figure eight
(c) Ax-shaped figure eight
(d) In the shape of a stone
4. Who does Catherine contact first once she and Lily reach the city of Oran?
5. How long does it take the characters to travel to America once they actually start?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Catherine's friends does El-Marad's name remind her?
2. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
3. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
4. Why is Kamel driving Catherine through the mountains of Algeria?
5. Where does Mireille tell Marat that she has shipped the pieces for which she was responsible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Minnie reveal to Catherine and Lily about where the service is hidden and what does she provide them to help them collect them?
2. What happens to change Mireille's plans to kill Marat and how do they change?
3. What was the formula in the service for and what does it allow to happen according to Newton?
4. What information does Charlot share with Mireille and what sacrifice does Charlot make for Mireille?
5. Where does Catherine swim ashore and how does she get past the patrolling soldier?
6. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
7. What alternative plan does Solarin offer once it is obvious that the storm has blown the ship significantly off course?
8. What does Minnie tell Catherine that she was chosen to be and what realization about herself does Catherine come to?
9. What events happen with the Bishop in London and what does she bring him?
10. What does Mireille tell David is the only thing that can both destroy the power of the revolution and rebuild France?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)