|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the characters to travel to America once they actually start?
2. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
3. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
4. How long has the Bishop been in America at the beginning of this section?
(a) 5 months
(b) 1 week
(c) 8 years
(d) 4 years
5. Which of the following is the best definition for zugzwang?
(a) Caught by ones enemy
(b) Stuck without apparent options
(c) Stuck in the past
(d) At the solution to the problem
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marat tell Mireille is the white queen?
2. How did Catherine, Lily and Solarin get to see Robespierre's diagram?
3. What does Minnie tell Lily and Catherine the white side wants to create with the information contained in the Montglane Service?
4. Where is the Service's chessboard located?
5. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mireille tell David is the only thing that can both destroy the power of the revolution and rebuild France?
2. What happens when Catherine and Lily make it inside the restaurant and what are they challenged to?
3. What does Mireille see when she arrives at the hidden valley and what happens when she arrives there?
4. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin agree is the only way to test their theory about the formula?
5. Where does Catherine swim ashore and how does she get past the patrolling soldier?
6. What information does Charlot share with Mireille and what sacrifice does Charlot make for Mireille?
7. What prophecy does Charlot offer to Napoleon?
8. What does Catherine recall about the time when the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to return to their starting points?
9. What alternative plan does Solarin offer once it is obvious that the storm has blown the ship significantly off course?
10. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)