|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine contact first once she and Lily reach the city of Oran?
2. Who does Robespierre say that Rousseau learned about the service from?
3. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
(a) She is afraid for her life
(b) The Abbess ordered her to stay
(c) She wants to see her son born into the game
(d) The Bishop is lookign for her
4. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
(a) Symbols of elements
(b) Symbols of gods
(c) Symbols of hate
(d) Symbols of love
5. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds the Black Queen?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for zugzwang?
3. What happened to the king after the end of the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to their starting points?
4. Why is Kamel driving Catherine through the mountains of Algeria?
5. What does Shahin tell Mireille that he knows that she desires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to change Mireille's plans to kill Marat and how do they change?
2. What happens when Catherine and Lily make it inside the restaurant and what are they challenged to?
3. What does Mireille tell David is the only thing that can both destroy the power of the revolution and rebuild France?
4. Where was Lily surprised to find at least two pieces of the service?
5. What has the Abbess concealed in her room and how does Catherine react to it when the Abbess reveals it to her?
6. What events happen with the Bishop in London and what does she bring him?
7. How many pieces have been located by Catherine and her friends and where are they located?
8. What information does Kamel share with Catherine about El-Marad, the man she is looking for?
9. What is the secret message that El-Marad gives to Catherine and for whom is that secret message intended?
10. What does Minnie tell Catherine that she was chosen to be and what realization about herself does Catherine come to?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)