|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bishop describe England after he is told he is an enemy of the British people?
(a) The black queen
(b) The white queen
(c) The white land
(d) The black land
2. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
(a) A falcon
(c) A note from Nim
(d) A white queen chess piece
3. What does Mireille want the Bishop to do to gain control of the White Queen's pieces?
(a) Sleep with her
(b) Steal them from her
(c) Marry her
(d) Hide them from her
4. Which of the following characters looks like Mireille enough that Mireille can replace her to keep the appointment with the Revolution leader?
5. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
(a) That she knows he's the White King
(b) That Minnie has left the game
(c) That Lily is the Black Queen
(d) That she is protected by Kamel
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
2. What does Lily call the move she uses to get out of her stuck position?
3. How long has the Bishop been in America at the beginning of this section?
4. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
5. What happened to the king after the end of the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to their starting points?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Minnie reveal to Catherine and Lily about where the service is hidden and what does she provide them to help them collect them?
2. How many pieces have been located by Catherine and her friends and where are they located?
3. What alternative plan does Solarin offer once it is obvious that the storm has blown the ship significantly off course?
4. What has the Abbess concealed in her room and how does Catherine react to it when the Abbess reveals it to her?
5. Why does the Bishop protest Mireille's suggestion that he must marry the White Queen to help end the game?
6. What information does Charlot share with Mireille and what sacrifice does Charlot make for Mireille?
7. Where does Catherine swim ashore and how does she get past the patrolling soldier?
8. What does Catherine recall about the time when the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to return to their starting points?
9. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
10. What events happen with the Bishop in London and what does she bring him?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)