|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
(a) He did not trust him
(b) Death waits in France
(c) He knows there are pieces in Egpy
(d) He was afraid
2. Who holds the Black Queen?
3. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
4. What becomes Mireille's personal mark?
(a) Figure 8
(b) Knight shape
(c) B for the Bishop
(d) Letter M
5. What does Shahin tell Mireille that he knows that she desires?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the time required for the lunar and solar calendars to cycle back and return to their starting points?
2. What was another name for The White Queen?
3. What does Catherine use as a weapon in her attempt to rescue Lily?
4. Where does the Bishop end up when the ship on which he was sailing sinks?
5. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to change Mireille's plans to kill Marat and how do they change?
2. Where is Lily and how do Catherine and Kamel save her?
3. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin agree is the only way to test their theory about the formula?
4. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
5. What has the Abbess concealed in her room and how does Catherine react to it when the Abbess reveals it to her?
6. How many pieces have been located by Catherine and her friends and where are they located?
7. What information does Charlot share with Mireille and what sacrifice does Charlot make for Mireille?
8. What prophecy does Charlot offer to Napoleon?
9. What does Minnie tell Catherine that she was chosen to be and what realization about herself does Catherine come to?
10. What is Paul's plan now that Catherine the Great has died?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)