|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters controls the leaders of the Revolution?
2. Whose diagram do Catherine, Lily and Solarin use as the basis for solving the mystery of the configuration of the pieces?
3. How did Catherine, Lily and Solarin get to see Robespierre's diagram?
(a) Mireille had it in her diary
(b) They went to Russia to get it
(c) It was hidden on the boat
(d) Minnie gave it to them
4. Which of Catherine's friends does El-Marad's name remind her?
5. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
2. Which of the following characters is revealed to be the Black King?
3. What does Mireille want the Bishop to do to gain control of the White Queen's pieces?
4. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
5. Which of the following characters looks like Mireille enough that Mireille can replace her to keep the appointment with the Revolution leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Catherine and Lily make it inside the restaurant and what are they challenged to?
2. What prophecy does Charlot offer to Napoleon?
3. What is Paul's plan now that Catherine the Great has died?
4. Why does the Bishop protest Mireille's suggestion that he must marry the White Queen to help end the game?
5. What alternative plan does Solarin offer once it is obvious that the storm has blown the ship significantly off course?
6. Where was Lily surprised to find at least two pieces of the service?
7. Where does Catherine swim ashore and how does she get past the patrolling soldier?
8. What was the formula in the service for and what does it allow to happen according to Newton?
9. What events happen with the Bishop in London and what does she bring him?
10. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)