|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Catherine's friends does El-Marad's name remind her?
2. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
3. What does Catherine tell Lily science has discovered that everything (matter, light and sound) is held together by?
(a) Waves of power
4. Which of the following characters controls the leaders of the Revolution?
5. What does Minnie give to Catherine and Lily?
(b) The cloth
(c) Mireille's diary
(d) Several pieces of the service
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
2. Whose diagram do Catherine, Lily and Solarin use as the basis for solving the mystery of the configuration of the pieces?
3. Who does Minnie tell Catherine has nine other pieces?
4. How long is the time required for the lunar and solar calendars to cycle back and return to their starting points?
5. What does Mireille want the Bishop to do to gain control of the White Queen's pieces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Minnie reveal to Catherine and Lily about where the service is hidden and what does she provide them to help them collect them?
2. Why does the Bishop protest Mireille's suggestion that he must marry the White Queen to help end the game?
3. What does Minnie tell Catherine that she was chosen to be and what realization about herself does Catherine come to?
4. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin agree is the only way to test their theory about the formula?
5. Where does Catherine swim ashore and how does she get past the patrolling soldier?
6. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
7. What happens when Catherine and Lily make it inside the restaurant and what are they challenged to?
8. What connection does Lily explain to Catherine about the ax and chess?
9. What does Mireille see when she arrives at the hidden valley and what happens when she arrives there?
10. What happens to change Mireille's plans to kill Marat and how do they change?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)