|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robespierre say that Rousseau learned about the service from?
2. What does Robespierre say is another name for the White Queen?
(a) Charlotte Corday
(b) Tigris and Euphrates
(d) Woman from India
3. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
(a) Symbols of love
(b) Symbols of hate
(c) Symbols of elements
(d) Symbols of gods
4. How long does it take the characters to travel to America once they actually start?
5. Which of the following characters is identified in this section as the Black Queen of the more current times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the king after the end of the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to their starting points?
2. What does Shahin tell Mireille that he knows that she desires?
3. What other person does Catherine learn has the same birthday as she?
4. Who promises the Bishop safety and prosperity if he returns to France?
5. Which of the following is a dry reddish cake of material that when mixed with other elements could perform miracles of alchemy and heal all human illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Bishop protest Mireille's suggestion that he must marry the White Queen to help end the game?
2. What events happen with the Bishop in London and what does she bring him?
3. What does Minnie tell Catherine that she was chosen to be and what realization about herself does Catherine come to?
4. What does Mireille tell David is the only thing that can both destroy the power of the revolution and rebuild France?
5. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
6. What is the secret message that El-Marad gives to Catherine and for whom is that secret message intended?
7. Why was the Bishop reduced to selling land to French immigrants for the four years that he has been living in America?
8. Where does Catherine swim ashore and how does she get past the patrolling soldier?
9. What has the Abbess concealed in her room and how does Catherine react to it when the Abbess reveals it to her?
10. What information related to the Montglane service does Mireille learn when she confronts Philidor, Blake and Wordsworth?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)