|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Mireille's child?
(a) The Bishop
2. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
(a) To protect the city
(b) To reach Heaven
(c) To understand the language of God
(d) To search for the service
3. Where does the Bishop plan to take Mireille for refuge?
4. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
(a) Bluffs her way in
(b) Scheduled appointment
(c) Barges into his office while others try to stop him
(d) Catches him on his way to lunch
5. Who was found dead that Harry is asked to identify?
(a) Harry's chauffeur
(b) Harry's son
(c) Harry's father
(d) Harry's brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
2. What did Voltaire describe could be found in Richelieu's papers and journals?
3. What does the Abbess do with the pieces of the chess set?
4. What was the abandoned Abbey converted into?
5. Where did Catherine obtain Richelieu's papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Nim's explanation for the coincidence of the man lurking outside on the bicycle and in the painting ?
2. What conclusion does Mordecai draw after hearing Lily and Catherine describe the story of the chauffeur?
3. What story does the Bishop tell Mireille and Valentine after the opera when they spend the night at his home?
4. What does Catherine recall about the time when the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to return to their starting points?
5. What is the secret message that El-Marad gives to Catherine and for whom is that secret message intended?
6. What are Valentine and Mireille doing when they are disturbed by a handsome man and who is this man?
7. Why was the Bishop reduced to selling land to French immigrants for the four years that he has been living in America?
8. How does the Abbess make it impossible for any one person to reveal the details of her plan to ensure the safety of the pieces of the chess set?
9. What does Catherine find as she gets ready for bed after leaving a message for Nim on his private line?
10. What does David believe is the only thing that will be able to save France and from what does he believe France needs to be saved?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)