|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Catherine's birthday?
(a) February 2nd
(b) May 5th
(c) March 3rd
(d) April 4th
2. Who takes Catherine back to her apartment?
3. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
(a) Where her life line ends
(b) A figure 8
(c) Where Catherine loses the power
(d) Where their paths cross
4. Where did Mireille and Valentine hide the chess pieces they were to protect?
(a) Left them buried at the Abbey
(b) Buried under one of David's trees
(c) Hid them in their mattress
(d) Carry them on their person at all times
5. What signals that it is time to stop working and return to the convent for the nuns?
(a) Tolling Bell
(b) Clock tower ringing
(c) Calling from the Mother Superior
(d) A specific time of day
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elisa and Napoleon take Mireille?
2. Where does Solarin tell the Russian Secret Police the chess pieces are?
3. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
4. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
5. On what does Lily write Mordecai's telephone number?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Llewellyn excited to hear about Catherine's relocation and what does he ask of her?
2. Why does the Bishop believe it is ironic that the Abbess has gone to Russia and removed the Service from the Abbey?
3. What are Valentine and Mireille doing when they are disturbed by a handsome man and who is this man?
4. Why do Valentine and Mireille leave their place of safety to meet Sister Claude and what happens when they get to the appointed meeting place?
5. When David arrives, what information does he find out about Valentine and what happens to her?
6. What surprise does Mireille find out about herself on the journey to Corsica?
7. What does Catherine find as she gets ready for bed after leaving a message for Nim on his private line?
8. What does David believe is the only thing that will be able to save France and from what does he believe France needs to be saved?
9. What coincidence does Catherine's friend Lily point out about how Catherine has spent her time before she leaves for Algeria?
10. What does Llewellyn want from Catherine and how does Catherine react?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)