|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many narrative lines does the author use in this novel?
2. What symbol does the Bishop see on one of the eight pieces of the Montglane Service?
3. What does the Abbess do with the pieces of the chess set?
(a) Mails them to the Bishop
(b) Hides them in the fields
(c) Sends them to Rome
(d) Distributes the pieces among the nuns
4. From whom is Letizia descended?
5. Where did Catherine obtain Richelieu's papers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry want Catherine to help him do?
2. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
3. Who does the Abbess call the greatest chess master of all?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Kamel reacts to hearing Catherine talk about Sharrif?
5. Who does Catherine find recently killed when she goes to retrieve her briefcase?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Llewellyn want from Catherine and how does Catherine react?
2. What story does Catherine tell the Abbess to convince the Abbess that it is important that she receive the entire Service?
3. What story does the Bishop tell Mireille and Valentine after the opera when they spend the night at his home?
4. What does Kamel tell Catherine he has done to ensure she is available and able to complete the work he wants her to complete?
5. When David arrives, what information does he find out about Valentine and what happens to her?
6. What are Valentine and Mireille doing when they are disturbed by a handsome man and who is this man?
7. What does the Abbess show to Catherine the Great? What does Catherine want with it? How does Catherine react?
8. Why does Catherine Velis believe that she is being sent to Algeria by her accounting firm?
9. What is Dr. Nim's explanation for the coincidence of the man lurking outside on the bicycle and in the painting ?
10. Who saves Mirielle from Paris and what connection does Mirielle find out about them and her past?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)