|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many large oil companies control most of the world's production and distribution according to Catherine?
2. What does the Tribunal man want to know?
(a) Where the service is
(b) Why Mireille is there
(c) Why Valentine lied
(d) Why they have befriended David
3. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
(a) To search for the service
(b) To protect the city
(c) To reach Heaven
(d) To understand the language of God
4. What is Catherine an expert at?
5. How is Mireille disguised as she attempts to leave Paris?
(b) Servant boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elisa and Napoleon take Mireille?
2. Why are Valentine and Mireille barely clothed at the beginning of section three?
3. In what occupation was Catherine Velis previously employed?
4. Who does Lily introduce Catherine to?
5. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who saves Mirielle from Paris and what connection does Mirielle find out about them and her past?
2. To whom does Lily introduce Catherine and what happens during their meeting?
3. What coincidence does Catherine's friend Lily point out about how Catherine has spent her time before she leaves for Algeria?
4. Why does Catherine Velis believe that she is being sent to Algeria by her accounting firm?
5. When David arrives, what information does he find out about Valentine and what happens to her?
6. What does Llewellyn want from Catherine and how does Catherine react?
7. What encounter does Philidor relate to David and what happened during the encounter?
8. Why does the Bishop believe it is ironic that the Abbess has gone to Russia and removed the Service from the Abbey?
9. What is the meaning of the title, "Pawn to Queen's Fourth", of this section of the novel and where is the title described?
10. Why is Llewellyn excited to hear about Catherine's relocation and what does he ask of her?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)