|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fortune teller tell Catherine?
(a) She will have a child soon
(b) She is in danger
(c) She will find her true love
(d) She will have great fortune
2. Where did Catherine obtain Richelieu's papers?
3. What rumors do Mireille and Valentine indicate they have heard about the Bishop?
(a) Breaking his sacred vows
(b) Skills with paint
(c) Cloven foot
(d) Intense temper
4. What does Harry want Catherine to help him do?
(a) Locate his missing relative in Algeria
(b) Smuggle new historical relics into Algeria
(c) Find safe passage to Algeria
(d) Get pieces from Charlamagne's chess set
5. Which of the following characters tells Mireille that the Abbess sent him?
(c) The Bishop
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lily manipulate Catherine to go with her?
2. What would be the end result should Garin lose the wager Charlemagne and Garin have on the game?
3. In what year does this portion of the story take place?
4. Who is the person that the Bishop says wants to gain control of the service?
5. What happens to the fortune teller when the lights go down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the treasure of the Abbey which the Abbess and nuns vow cannot fall into the hands of the Bishop of Autun?
2. What does Kamel tell Catherine he has done to ensure she is available and able to complete the work he wants her to complete?
3. What encounter does Philidor relate to David and what happened during the encounter?
4. What story does Catherine tell the Abbess to convince the Abbess that it is important that she receive the entire Service?
5. What are Valentine and Mireille doing when they are disturbed by a handsome man and who is this man?
6. Why do Valentine and Mireille leave their place of safety to meet Sister Claude and what happens when they get to the appointed meeting place?
7. What does the Abbess show to Catherine the Great? What does Catherine want with it? How does Catherine react?
8. How does the Abbess make it impossible for any one person to reveal the details of her plan to ensure the safety of the pieces of the chess set?
9. To whom does Lily introduce Catherine and what happens during their meeting?
10. Describe Catherine's incident with the fortune teller and her reaction to the entire encounter.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)