|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Cardinal Rihelieu?
2. Where do Elisa and Napoleon take Mireille?
3. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
(a) Mathematics and music
(b) Chess and the freemasons
(c) Mathematics and chess
(d) Music and chess
4. To what year has the author returned the reader?
5. Who founded the convent to which Mireille and Valentine belong?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels after her encounter with the fortune teller?
2. In what occupation was Catherine Velis previously employed?
3. Who does Catherine find recently killed when she goes to retrieve her briefcase?
4. What did Catherine do instead of sleeping when she returned to her hotel after Sharrif took her there?
5. Who left a note for Catherine that she finds when she returns to her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Camille encounters the Bishop when he arrives at Robespierre's home?
2. How does the Abbess make it impossible for any one person to reveal the details of her plan to ensure the safety of the pieces of the chess set?
3. Describe Catherine's incident with the fortune teller and her reaction to the entire encounter.
4. What does Llewellyn want from Catherine and how does Catherine react?
5. What news do Marie-Charlotte and Alexandrine bring to the Abbess and the other nuns?
6. What does the Abbess show to Catherine the Great? What does Catherine want with it? How does Catherine react?
7. Why doesn't Mireille want to return to David's home and what information does the Bishop share with her?
8. What encounter does Philidor relate to David and what happened during the encounter?
9. What does Kamel tell Catherine he has done to ensure she is available and able to complete the work he wants her to complete?
10. What does Catherine find as she gets ready for bed after leaving a message for Nim on his private line?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)