|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Valentine and Miereille believe is in danger based on the letter they receive?
2. What is Llewellyn's profession?
(a) Antique dealer
3. What relation is Mordecai to Harry?
4. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
(b) Valentine and Mireille
(c) Finding the chess set
5. Whose identity does Catherine try to determine as part of her investigation into the chess match?
(c) Fortune teller's
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Back say that the powerful music of God could be used for?
2. What signals that it is time to stop working and return to the convent for the nuns?
3. Where do Elisa and Napoleon take Mireille?
4. Which of the following is one of the secret messages decoded by Nim and Catherine from the fortuneteller's words?
5. Which character is considered one of the eight "collection points?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Abbess make it impossible for any one person to reveal the details of her plan to ensure the safety of the pieces of the chess set?
2. What story does the Bishop tell Mireille and Valentine after the opera when they spend the night at his home?
3. When the people at the chess match begin to leave, what does Lily believe is true about Fiske, Solarin's opponent?
4. What does Catherine find as she gets ready for bed after leaving a message for Nim on his private line?
5. When David arrives, what information does he find out about Valentine and what happens to her?
6. Who saves Mirielle from Paris and what connection does Mirielle find out about them and her past?
7. What story does Catherine tell the Abbess to convince the Abbess that it is important that she receive the entire Service?
8. Why does Catherine Velis believe that she is being sent to Algeria by her accounting firm?
9. What happens when Camille encounters the Bishop when he arrives at Robespierre's home?
10. What surprise does Mireille find out about herself on the journey to Corsica?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)