|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is Letizia descended?
2. Which character is considered one of the eight "collection points?"
3. What is Fiske using to transmit?
4. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
(a) Music and chess
(b) Mathematics and music
(c) Chess and the freemasons
(d) Mathematics and chess
5. Who does the Abbess call the greatest chess master of all?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nim take Catherine to help calm her?
2. Which of the following was the Abbess' message to Mireille?
3. What does Catherine believe herself to be acting out?
4. How long is Solarin given to complete his mission?
5. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David believe is the only thing that will be able to save France and from what does he believe France needs to be saved?
2. What does Llewellyn want from Catherine and how does Catherine react?
3. What news do Marie-Charlotte and Alexandrine bring to the Abbess and the other nuns?
4. What is the treasure of the Abbey which the Abbess and nuns vow cannot fall into the hands of the Bishop of Autun?
5. What explanation does the Bishop give for his slight limp after Valentine and Mireille question him about it and the rumors they have heard about it?
6. Describe Catherine's incident with the fortune teller and her reaction to the entire encounter.
7. Why is Llewellyn excited to hear about Catherine's relocation and what does he ask of her?
8. What steps does Catherine take on her own once she and Lily split up to complete research?
9. When David arrives, what information does he find out about Valentine and what happens to her?
10. What conclusion does Mordecai draw after hearing Lily and Catherine describe the story of the chauffeur?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)