|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many large oil companies control most of the world's production and distribution according to Catherine?
2. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
(a) Political allies
(b) A force of good
(c) A force of evil
(d) Betrayers to all that is good
3. What signals that it is time to stop working and return to the convent for the nuns?
(a) Calling from the Mother Superior
(b) Tolling Bell
(c) A specific time of day
(d) Clock tower ringing
4. Where did Mireille and Valentine hide the chess pieces they were to protect?
(a) Buried under one of David's trees
(b) Left them buried at the Abbey
(c) Carry them on their person at all times
(d) Hid them in their mattress
5. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
(d) His home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Abbess do with the pieces of the chess set?
2. What does Catherine believe herself to be acting out?
3. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
4. How does Germaine convince Camille that she must be spared the trials and executions?
5. How was Fiske killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Catherine Velis believe that she is being sent to Algeria by her accounting firm?
2. What story does Catherine tell the Abbess to convince the Abbess that it is important that she receive the entire Service?
3. What is Dr. Nim's explanation for the coincidence of the man lurking outside on the bicycle and in the painting ?
4. What coincidence does Catherine's friend Lily point out about how Catherine has spent her time before she leaves for Algeria?
5. What happens when Camille encounters the Bishop when he arrives at Robespierre's home?
6. Describe Catherine's incident with the fortune teller and her reaction to the entire encounter.
7. What news do Marie-Charlotte and Alexandrine bring to the Abbess and the other nuns?
8. When the people at the chess match begin to leave, what does Lily believe is true about Fiske, Solarin's opponent?
9. What story does the Bishop tell Mireille and Valentine after the opera when they spend the night at his home?
10. What is the treasure of the Abbey which the Abbess and nuns vow cannot fall into the hands of the Bishop of Autun?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)