|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Valentine tell the Bishop the Abbess went?
2. Who takes Catherine back to the hotel after Solarin disappeared from the nightclub?
3. Who does Catherine find recently killed when she goes to retrieve her briefcase?
(a) Lily's missing chauffeur
4. What did Catherine do instead of sleeping when she returned to her hotel after Sharrif took her there?
(a) Think of a way to get in to see Kamel
(b) Try to make contact with Solarin
(c) Research OPEC
(d) Study books on mathematics
5. What is Mordecai's relationship with Lily?
(a) He has provided her with information about math
(b) He is her chauffeur
(c) He is her current lover
(d) He has coached her in several chess tournaments
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that the Bishop says wants to gain control of the service?
2. What does Nim potentially provide Catherine in Algeria?
3. Where do Elisa and Napoleon take Mireille?
4. What causes the mystical spell to be broken?
5. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David arrives, what information does he find out about Valentine and what happens to her?
2. What is the treasure of the Abbey which the Abbess and nuns vow cannot fall into the hands of the Bishop of Autun?
3. What news do Marie-Charlotte and Alexandrine bring to the Abbess and the other nuns?
4. What does David believe is the only thing that will be able to save France and from what does he believe France needs to be saved?
5. What story does the Bishop tell Mireille and Valentine after the opera when they spend the night at his home?
6. What encounter does Philidor relate to David and what happened during the encounter?
7. When the people at the chess match begin to leave, what does Lily believe is true about Fiske, Solarin's opponent?
8. Describe Catherine's incident with the fortune teller and her reaction to the entire encounter.
9. Why do Valentine and Mireille leave their place of safety to meet Sister Claude and what happens when they get to the appointed meeting place?
10. What does Kamel tell Catherine he has done to ensure she is available and able to complete the work he wants her to complete?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)