|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was found dead that Harry is asked to identify?
(a) Harry's father
(b) Harry's son
(c) Harry's chauffeur
(d) Harry's brother
2. What did Blanche write on the cocktail napkin she hands to Catherine?
(a) Her phone number
(b) Information about Harry
(c) A wish for safe passage
(d) The fortune teller's prophecy
3. What country was Catherine sent to as what she considers to be a punishment?
4. Where did Mireille and Valentine hide the chess pieces they were to protect?
(a) Hid them in their mattress
(b) Left them buried at the Abbey
(c) Buried under one of David's trees
(d) Carry them on their person at all times
5. What did Voltaire describe could be found in Richelieu's papers and journals?
(a) The history of the Abbey
(b) Theories about the Montglane service
(c) The mystery of the Bishop's cloven foot
(d) The first set of rules governing chess
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
2. To what year has the author returned the reader?
3. From whom did Philidor hear about the Montglane Service?
4. Why are Valentine and Mireille barely clothed at the beginning of section three?
5. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Catherine tell the Abbess to convince the Abbess that it is important that she receive the entire Service?
2. What information related to the Montglane service does Mireille learn when she confronts Philidor, Blake and Wordsworth?
3. What conclusion does Mordecai draw after hearing Lily and Catherine describe the story of the chauffeur?
4. What does Llewellyn want from Catherine and how does Catherine react?
5. When David arrives, what information does he find out about Valentine and what happens to her?
6. Describe in detail how Catherine, Lily and Carioca make it out of the restaurant?
7. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin agree is the only way to test their theory about the formula?
8. Why do Valentine and Mireille leave their place of safety to meet Sister Claude and what happens when they get to the appointed meeting place?
9. What does Mireille see when she arrives at the hidden valley and what happens when she arrives there?
10. What encounter does Philidor relate to David and what happened during the encounter?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)