|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is to be executed in this section?
(c) Sister Claude
2. What promise does Kamal make to Catherine?
(a) To help her find the service
(b) To provide her employment
(c) To follow her
(d) To protect her
3. In what year does this portion of the story take place?
4. Who is the person that the Bishop says wants to gain control of the service?
(c) Catherine the Great
5. When is Catherine's birthday?
(a) February 2nd
(b) May 5th
(c) April 4th
(d) March 3rd
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry become upset at the thought of Catherine going to Algeria?
2. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
3. Whose identity does Catherine try to determine as part of her investigation into the chess match?
4. How do Miereille and Valentine feel at the opera?
5. Who takes Catherine back to the hotel after Solarin disappeared from the nightclub?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Llewellyn want from Catherine and how does Catherine react?
2. How does the Abbess make it impossible for any one person to reveal the details of her plan to ensure the safety of the pieces of the chess set?
3. Why doesn't Mireille want to return to David's home and what information does the Bishop share with her?
4. What story does Catherine tell the Abbess to convince the Abbess that it is important that she receive the entire Service?
5. Why do Valentine and Mireille leave their place of safety to meet Sister Claude and what happens when they get to the appointed meeting place?
6. What surprise does Mireille find out about herself on the journey to Corsica?
7. What does the Abbess show to Catherine the Great? What does Catherine want with it? How does Catherine react?
8. What is Dr. Nim's explanation for the coincidence of the man lurking outside on the bicycle and in the painting ?
9. Why is Llewellyn excited to hear about Catherine's relocation and what does he ask of her?
10. What story does the Bishop tell Mireille and Valentine after the opera when they spend the night at his home?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)