|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solarin call which is against all of the rules of chess?
2. What does Nim potentially provide Catherine in Algeria?
(a) The location of the chess pieces
(b) A place to stay
(c) Protective weapondry
(d) A protective contact
3. What is Catherine an expert at?
4. Whose identity does Catherine try to determine as part of her investigation into the chess match?
(b) Fortune teller's
5. What promise does Kamal make to Catherine?
(a) To provide her employment
(b) To follow her
(c) To help her find the service
(d) To protect her
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters tells Mireille that the Abbess sent him?
2. Where does the Bishop want Mireille to go?
3. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
4. What does Catherine catch Lily lying about?
5. From whom did Philidor hear about the Montglane Service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Catherine tell the Abbess to convince the Abbess that it is important that she receive the entire Service?
2. What does Catherine find as she gets ready for bed after leaving a message for Nim on his private line?
3. What does Kamel tell Catherine he has done to ensure she is available and able to complete the work he wants her to complete?
4. What explanation does the Bishop give for his slight limp after Valentine and Mireille question him about it and the rumors they have heard about it?
5. What conclusion does Mordecai draw after hearing Lily and Catherine describe the story of the chauffeur?
6. When the people at the chess match begin to leave, what does Lily believe is true about Fiske, Solarin's opponent?
7. What is Dr. Nim's explanation for the coincidence of the man lurking outside on the bicycle and in the painting ?
8. What does Llewellyn want from Catherine and how does Catherine react?
9. What story does the Bishop tell Mireille and Valentine after the opera when they spend the night at his home?
10. What encounter does Philidor relate to David and what happened during the encounter?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)