|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Valentine tell the Bishop the Abbess went?
2. Who do Valentine and Miereille believe is in danger based on the letter they receive?
3. What symbol does the Bishop see on one of the eight pieces of the Montglane Service?
4. Where does Lily manipulate Catherine to go with her?
(b) Outside to confront the man on the bicycle
(d) Chess tournament
5. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
(a) Where Catherine loses the power
(b) Where their paths cross
(c) Where her life line ends
(d) A figure 8
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Valentine and Miereille's carriage?
2. What was the abandoned Abbey converted into?
3. Who is the father of Mireille's child?
4. What did Voltaire describe could be found in Richelieu's papers and journals?
5. Who was Cardinal Rihelieu?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David arrives, what information does he find out about Valentine and what happens to her?
2. What steps does Catherine take on her own once she and Lily split up to complete research?
3. Why does the Bishop believe it is ironic that the Abbess has gone to Russia and removed the Service from the Abbey?
4. What are Valentine and Mireille doing when they are disturbed by a handsome man and who is this man?
5. What does Catherine find as she gets ready for bed after leaving a message for Nim on his private line?
6. What story does the Bishop tell Mireille and Valentine after the opera when they spend the night at his home?
7. What is the meaning of the title, "Pawn to Queen's Fourth", of this section of the novel and where is the title described?
8. What news do Marie-Charlotte and Alexandrine bring to the Abbess and the other nuns?
9. What does the Abbess show to Catherine the Great? What does Catherine want with it? How does Catherine react?
10. What happens when Camille encounters the Bishop when he arrives at Robespierre's home?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)