|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
(a) That Minnie has left the game
(b) That she is protected by Kamel
(c) That she knows he's the White King
(d) That Lily is the Black Queen
2. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
(a) Get the cloth
(b) Gather all of the pieces
(c) Gather the board
(d) Gather all of the pieces and the board
3. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
4. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
(a) A white queen chess piece
(c) A falcon
(d) A note from Nim
5. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
6. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
7. From where does Charlotte recognize the pattern from Robespierre's diagram?
(a) David's paintings
(b) Bishops clothes
(c) Cloth that covered the service
(d) Charlotte's robes
8. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
(a) One that trespasses on the gods
(b) A rebel
(c) The secret chosen one
(d) The white queen
9. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
10. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The White Queen
(b) The Singing Sands
(c) The White Sands
(d) The Refugee of Sand
11. In what way are Solarin and Nim related?
(b) Uncle and nephew
(c) Father and son
(d) Grandfather and grandson
12. Where does Mireille tell Marat that she has shipped the pieces for which she was responsible?
(d) The Abbey
13. Why does the Abbess refuse to sign the document that condemns the revolution?
(a) She will be immediately killed
(b) She needs to find Mireille
(c) She believes in the revolution
(d) She wants to return to France
14. Where does Catherine come ashore?
(a) Where Sharrif is waiting
(b) At the OPEC conferece
(c) In the Channel Islands
(d) In Paris
15. Who does Minnie tell Catherine has nine other pieces?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Minnie and Solarin hide after they were separated from the rest of the family?
2. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
3. How long do Catherine and Lily have to hike through the desert along the walking path?
4. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
5. Who holds the Black Queen?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)