|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suddenly and unexpectedly arrives at the conference and refers to Catherine as the one?
(b) Muammar Khaddafi
2. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
(a) He knows there are pieces in Egpy
(b) He did not trust him
(c) He was afraid
(d) Death waits in France
3. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
4. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
5. How long is the time required for the lunar and solar calendars to cycle back and return to their starting points?
(a) 8 months
(b) 8 days
(c) 80 days
(d) 8 years
6. What does Lily call the move she uses to get out of her stuck position?
7. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
(a) The Bishop is lookign for her
(b) She is afraid for her life
(c) The Abbess ordered her to stay
(d) She wants to see her son born into the game
8. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
9. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
(a) Gather all of the pieces
(b) Get the cloth
(c) Gather the board
(d) Gather all of the pieces and the board
10. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
(a) One that trespasses on the gods
(b) The white queen
(c) The secret chosen one
(d) A rebel
11. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
(a) Symbols of hate
(b) Symbols of elements
(c) Symbols of gods
(d) Symbols of love
12. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
13. What does Mireille want the Bishop to do to gain control of the White Queen's pieces?
(a) Hide them from her
(b) Sleep with her
(c) Marry her
(d) Steal them from her
14. Who does Marat assume will be able to get Mireille's pieces that she has shipped?
(a) The Bishop
(b) The Abbess
15. Where do Catherine and Lily head once they leave the city of Oran?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Abbess refuse to sign the document that condemns the revolution?
2. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
3. What does Minnie tell Lily and Catherine the white side wants to create with the information contained in the Montglane Service?
4. Where does Robespierre say the White Queen is currently?
5. What does Minnie give to Catherine and Lily?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)