|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marat tell Mireille is the white queen?
2. What does Robespierre say is another name for the White Queen?
(a) Charlotte Corday
(b) Tigris and Euphrates
(c) Woman from India
3. Where do Catherine and Solarin agree to rendezvous with Mordecai and Lily?
4. Where does the Bishop end up when the ship on which he was sailing sinks?
(c) Channel Islands
5. Why does the Abbess refuse to sign the document that condemns the revolution?
(a) She will be immediately killed
(b) She needs to find Mireille
(c) She wants to return to France
(d) She believes in the revolution
6. What deduction do Catherine, Lily and Solarin come to about the placement of the pieces on the chess board?
(a) The shape of a sharpened ax
(b) In a squared off figure eight
(c) Ax-shaped figure eight
(d) In the shape of a stone
7. Who does Marat assume will be able to get Mireille's pieces that she has shipped?
(a) The Abbess
(b) The Bishop
8. What other person does Catherine learn has the same birthday as she?
9. How long does it take the characters to travel to America once they actually start?
10. What city of the past do Catherine and Lily supposedly drive through as they follow the route Minnie drove?
11. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
(a) A falcon
(b) A note from Nim
(d) A white queen chess piece
12. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
(a) To provide her with the cloth from the service
(b) To give her pieces of the service
(c) To take care of her until she dies
(d) To give her a child
13. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
14. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
(a) Relationship between alchemy and math
(b) Mystic science of numbers
(c) Relationship between music and alchemy
(d) Montglane Service
15. What does Minnie tell Lily and Catherine the white side wants to create with the information contained in the Montglane Service?
(a) Petroleum to control OPEC
(b) A united country
(c) Weapons of mass destruction
(d) Computers and mathematical formulas
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose diagram do Catherine, Lily and Solarin use as the basis for solving the mystery of the configuration of the pieces?
2. Which of the following characters looks like Mireille enough that Mireille can replace her to keep the appointment with the Revolution leader?
3. What does Lily call the move she uses to get out of her stuck position?
4. In what way are Solarin and Nim related?
5. How does Mireille disguise herself so that she can return to Paris as the Abbess ordered?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)