|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
(a) The white queen
(b) One that trespasses on the gods
(c) A rebel
(d) The secret chosen one
2. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
3. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
(a) A falcon
(b) A white queen chess piece
(d) A note from Nim
4. Where did Minnie and Solarin hide after they were separated from the rest of the family?
5. How does Mireille disguise herself so that she can return to Paris as the Abbess ordered?
(a) French society matron
(b) Arab woman
(c) Servant boy
6. Who suddenly and unexpectedly arrives at the conference and refers to Catherine as the one?
(c) Muammar Khaddafi
7. What becomes Mireille's personal mark?
(a) Knight shape
(b) Figure 8
(c) Letter M
(d) B for the Bishop
8. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
9. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
(a) Gather all of the pieces
(b) Get the cloth
(c) Gather the board
(d) Gather all of the pieces and the board
10. Which of the following characters looks like Mireille enough that Mireille can replace her to keep the appointment with the Revolution leader?
11. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
(a) That she knows he's the White King
(b) That Lily is the Black Queen
(c) That she is protected by Kamel
(d) That Minnie has left the game
12. Which of the following characters accompanies Mireille across Algeria?
13. What is Solarin's relationship with Minnie?
14. From where does Charlotte recognize the pattern from Robespierre's diagram?
(a) Charlotte's robes
(b) Bishops clothes
(c) David's paintings
(d) Cloth that covered the service
15. Where do Catherine and Solarin agree to rendezvous with Mordecai and Lily?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marat tell Mireille is the white queen?
2. Where did Solarin grow up?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for zugzwang?
4. Why can't El-Marad go to visit the woman who has several of the chess pieces himself?
5. Which of Catherine's friends does El-Marad's name remind her?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)