|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
2. Where does Catherine come ashore?
(a) At the OPEC conferece
(b) In Paris
(c) In the Channel Islands
(d) Where Sharrif is waiting
3. What does Catherine use as a weapon in her attempt to rescue Lily?
(a) Kamel's gun
(d) Heavy bag of Service pieces
4. Where does the Bishop end up when the ship on which he was sailing sinks?
(d) Channel Islands
5. From whom does Robespierre tell David that he learned about the service?
6. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
(a) To take care of her until she dies
(b) To give her pieces of the service
(c) To give her a child
(d) To provide her with the cloth from the service
7. Which of the following characters is identified in this section as the Black Queen of the more current times?
8. Whose diagram do Catherine, Lily and Solarin use as the basis for solving the mystery of the configuration of the pieces?
9. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
(a) Montglane Service
(b) Mystic science of numbers
(c) Relationship between music and alchemy
(d) Relationship between alchemy and math
10. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
(a) Where the Black Queen is
(b) Where the cloth is buried
(c) What Plato knows
(d) What to do with Paul
11. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
12. What does Mireille want the Bishop to do to gain control of the White Queen's pieces?
(a) Marry her
(b) Steal them from her
(c) Sleep with her
(d) Hide them from her
13. What other person does Catherine learn has the same birthday as she?
14. Who does Catherine contact first once she and Lily reach the city of Oran?
15. How long is the time required for the lunar and solar calendars to cycle back and return to their starting points?
(a) 8 years
(b) 8 days
(c) 80 days
(d) 8 months
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marat assume will be able to get Mireille's pieces that she has shipped?
2. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
3. Where does Robespierre say the White Queen is currently?
4. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
5. Where did Minnie and Solarin hide after they were separated from the rest of the family?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)