|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
(a) Where the Black Queen is
(b) What Plato knows
(c) Where the cloth is buried
(d) What to do with Paul
2. Why is Kamel driving Catherine through the mountains of Algeria?
(a) To visit Llewellyn's dealer friend
(b) To begin his project with the computer model
(c) To show Catherine the countryside
(d) To complete her OPEC work
3. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
4. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
(a) A falcon
(c) A note from Nim
(d) A white queen chess piece
5. From whom does Robespierre tell David that he learned about the service?
6. Which of the following is the best definition for zugzwang?
(a) At the solution to the problem
(b) Caught by ones enemy
(c) Stuck in the past
(d) Stuck without apparent options
7. Who holds the Black Queen?
8. How do Catherine, Lily and the dog escape from the bar and Sharrif?
(a) Kamel saves them
(b) Jump in the water
(c) Escape on horseback
(d) Run to their vehicle
9. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
10. How long is the time required for the lunar and solar calendars to cycle back and return to their starting points?
(a) 8 months
(b) 80 days
(c) 8 days
(d) 8 years
11. In what way are Solarin and Nim related?
(b) Grandfather and grandson
(c) Uncle and nephew
(d) Father and son
12. Where do Catherine and Lily head once they leave the city of Oran?
13. Who does Minnie tell Catherine has nine other pieces?
14. What does Catherine tell Lily science has discovered that everything (matter, light and sound) is held together by?
(c) Waves of power
15. Where does Mireille tell Marat that she has shipped the pieces for which she was responsible?
(c) The Abbey
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
2. What is Solarin's relationship with Minnie?
3. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
4. Where did the Abbess keep the cloth from the service?
5. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)