|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
2. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
(a) The Bishop is lookign for her
(b) The Abbess ordered her to stay
(c) She is afraid for her life
(d) She wants to see her son born into the game
3. Where does Catherine come ashore?
(a) In the Channel Islands
(b) At the OPEC conferece
(c) Where Sharrif is waiting
(d) In Paris
4. Where is the Service's chessboard located?
5. How many pieces of the service does the Bishop have as he leaves England?
6. Which of the following is a dry reddish cake of material that when mixed with other elements could perform miracles of alchemy and heal all human illness?
(a) Philospher's stone
(b) Sorsercer's Hat
(c) White Queen
(d) Montgland Service
7. In what way are Solarin and Nim related?
(a) Uncle and nephew
(b) Father and son
(d) Grandfather and grandson
8. Which of the following characters is identified in this section as the Black Queen of the more current times?
9. Who holds the Black Queen?
10. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
11. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
12. What other person does Catherine learn has the same birthday as she?
13. Who does Catherine contact first once she and Lily reach the city of Oran?
14. Which of the following characters controls the leaders of the Revolution?
15. What becomes Mireille's personal mark?
(a) B for the Bishop
(b) Figure 8
(c) Letter M
(d) Knight shape
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Catherine's friends does El-Marad's name remind her?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for zugzwang?
3. What deduction do Catherine, Lily and Solarin come to about the placement of the pieces on the chess board?
4. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
5. Where do Catherine and Solarin agree to rendezvous with Mordecai and Lily?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)