|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Abbess refuse to sign the document that condemns the revolution?
(a) She wants to return to France
(b) She believes in the revolution
(c) She will be immediately killed
(d) She needs to find Mireille
2. Where do Catherine and Solarin agree to rendezvous with Mordecai and Lily?
3. What happened to the king after the end of the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to their starting points?
4. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
5. What city of the past do Catherine and Lily supposedly drive through as they follow the route Minnie drove?
6. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
(a) Relationship between alchemy and math
(b) Relationship between music and alchemy
(c) Montglane Service
(d) Mystic science of numbers
7. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
(a) What Plato knows
(b) Where the cloth is buried
(c) What to do with Paul
(d) Where the Black Queen is
8. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
(a) To give her a child
(b) To give her pieces of the service
(c) To provide her with the cloth from the service
(d) To take care of her until she dies
9. Where did Solarin grow up?
10. Where did the Abbess keep the cloth from the service?
(a) Stitched into her dress
(b) Buried in the forest
(c) Under her mattress
(d) As her apron
11. What does Robespierre say is another name for the White Queen?
(a) Tigris and Euphrates
(b) Charlotte Corday
(d) Woman from India
12. How long has the Bishop been in America at the beginning of this section?
(a) 8 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 1 week
(d) 5 months
13. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
14. How does the Bishop describe England after he is told he is an enemy of the British people?
(a) The white land
(b) The black land
(c) The white queen
(d) The black queen
15. How did Catherine, Lily and Solarin get to see Robespierre's diagram?
(a) Minnie gave it to them
(b) They went to Russia to get it
(c) Mireille had it in her diary
(d) It was hidden on the boat
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robespierre say the White Queen is currently?
2. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
3. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
4. What does Lily call the move she uses to get out of her stuck position?
5. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)