|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes Mireille's personal mark?
(a) Knight shape
(b) Letter M
(c) Figure 8
(d) B for the Bishop
2. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
(a) Mystic science of numbers
(b) Relationship between music and alchemy
(c) Montglane Service
(d) Relationship between alchemy and math
3. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
4. How did Catherine, Lily and Solarin get to see Robespierre's diagram?
(a) Mireille had it in her diary
(b) They went to Russia to get it
(c) It was hidden on the boat
(d) Minnie gave it to them
5. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
6. Who holds the Black Queen?
7. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
(a) A falcon
(b) A note from Nim
(d) A white queen chess piece
8. Where is the Service's chessboard located?
9. What is Solarin's relationship with Minnie?
10. What other person does Catherine learn has the same birthday as she?
11. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
(a) One that trespasses on the gods
(b) The secret chosen one
(c) The white queen
(d) A rebel
12. Who promises the Bishop safety and prosperity if he returns to France?
13. What was another name for The White Queen?
(b) The Woman from India
14. Why can't El-Marad go to visit the woman who has several of the chess pieces himself?
(a) He does not have a passport
(b) She refuses to see him
(c) She lives in a women-only environment
(d) He is to ill to be able to travel
15. How long does it take the characters to travel to America once they actually start?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters controls the leaders of the Revolution?
2. Who does Marat assume will be able to get Mireille's pieces that she has shipped?
3. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
4. Which of the following is a dry reddish cake of material that when mixed with other elements could perform miracles of alchemy and heal all human illness?
5. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)