|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mireille return to Algiers before heading to England?
(a) To find and speak to the Abbess
(b) To collect her son and Shahin
(c) To provide help to Charlotte
(d) To try and find eigh pieces of the service
2. How long do Catherine and Lily have to hike through the desert along the walking path?
(a) 4 hours
(b) 8 hours
(c) 2 hours
(d) 1 hour
3. How long has the Bishop been in America at the beginning of this section?
(a) 4 years
(b) 1 week
(c) 8 years
(d) 5 months
4. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
(a) She is afraid for her life
(b) The Bishop is lookign for her
(c) The Abbess ordered her to stay
(d) She wants to see her son born into the game
5. Where did the Abbess keep the cloth from the service?
(a) As her apron
(b) Stitched into her dress
(c) Buried in the forest
(d) Under her mattress
6. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
7. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
(a) To give her pieces of the service
(b) To take care of her until she dies
(c) To provide her with the cloth from the service
(d) To give her a child
8. What deduction do Catherine, Lily and Solarin come to about the placement of the pieces on the chess board?
(a) In the shape of a stone
(b) In a squared off figure eight
(c) Ax-shaped figure eight
(d) The shape of a sharpened ax
9. What does Shahin tell Mireille that he knows that she desires?
10. Which of Catherine's friends does El-Marad's name remind her?
11. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
12. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
13. From where does Charlotte recognize the pattern from Robespierre's diagram?
(a) Cloth that covered the service
(b) Charlotte's robes
(c) David's paintings
(d) Bishops clothes
14. Which of the following characters is revealed to be the Black King?
15. Where is the Service's chessboard located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
2. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
3. Why does the Abbess refuse to sign the document that condemns the revolution?
4. Where does the Bishop end up when the ship on which he was sailing sinks?
5. What other person does Catherine learn has the same birthday as she?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)