|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
2. What does Minnie give to Catherine and Lily?
(a) Mireille's diary
(b) Several pieces of the service
(d) The cloth
3. What is Solarin's relationship with Minnie?
4. Which of the following characters is identified in this section as the Black Queen of the more current times?
5. Whose diagram do Catherine, Lily and Solarin use as the basis for solving the mystery of the configuration of the pieces?
6. Which of the following characters is revealed to be the Black King?
7. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
(a) Relationship between alchemy and math
(b) Mystic science of numbers
(c) Montglane Service
(d) Relationship between music and alchemy
8. What does Lily call the move she uses to get out of her stuck position?
9. Which of the following is the best definition for zugzwang?
(a) Stuck in the past
(b) Caught by ones enemy
(c) Stuck without apparent options
(d) At the solution to the problem
10. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
(a) He did not trust him
(b) Death waits in France
(c) He was afraid
(d) He knows there are pieces in Egpy
11. Where did Minnie and Solarin hide after they were separated from the rest of the family?
12. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
13. What becomes Mireille's personal mark?
(a) Figure 8
(b) B for the Bishop
(c) Knight shape
(d) Letter M
14. Where do Catherine and Lily head once they leave the city of Oran?
15. Which of the following characters controls the leaders of the Revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mokhfi's name mean in English?
2. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
3. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
4. Which of the following characters accompanies Mireille across Algeria?
5. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)