|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Catherine and Lily see when they return to their car?
(a) Carioca digging under the ground
(b) Sharrif's security forces
(c) A figure eight on the side
(d) Minnie sitting in the seat
2. Why does the Abbess refuse to sign the document that condemns the revolution?
(a) She will be immediately killed
(b) She believes in the revolution
(c) She needs to find Mireille
(d) She wants to return to France
3. From where does Charlotte recognize the pattern from Robespierre's diagram?
(a) Cloth that covered the service
(b) Bishops clothes
(c) David's paintings
(d) Charlotte's robes
4. Where does Robespierre say the White Queen is currently?
5. Where does Catherine come ashore?
(a) At the OPEC conferece
(b) In the Channel Islands
(c) Where Sharrif is waiting
(d) In Paris
6. Why is Kamel driving Catherine through the mountains of Algeria?
(a) To visit Llewellyn's dealer friend
(b) To begin his project with the computer model
(c) To show Catherine the countryside
(d) To complete her OPEC work
7. Where is the Service's chessboard located?
8. Who suddenly and unexpectedly arrives at the conference and refers to Catherine as the one?
(d) Muammar Khaddafi
9. Which of the following characters looks like Mireille enough that Mireille can replace her to keep the appointment with the Revolution leader?
10. How do Catherine, Lily and the dog escape from the bar and Sharrif?
(a) Run to their vehicle
(b) Jump in the water
(c) Escape on horseback
(d) Kamel saves them
11. What city of the past do Catherine and Lily supposedly drive through as they follow the route Minnie drove?
12. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The Singing Sands
(b) The White Sands
(c) The Refugee of Sand
(d) The White Queen
13. What does Shahin tell Mireille that he knows that she desires?
14. Whose diagram do Catherine, Lily and Solarin use as the basis for solving the mystery of the configuration of the pieces?
15. What does Catherine tell Lily science has discovered that everything (matter, light and sound) is held together by?
(c) Waves of power
Short Answer Questions
1. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
2. Where does the Bishop end up when the ship on which he was sailing sinks?
3. Who does Marat tell Mireille is the white queen?
4. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
5. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)