|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Catherine and Lily head once they leave the city of Oran?
2. What does Minnie give to Catherine and Lily?
(b) The cloth
(c) Several pieces of the service
(d) Mireille's diary
3. Why did Mireille return to Algiers before heading to England?
(a) To try and find eigh pieces of the service
(b) To find and speak to the Abbess
(c) To collect her son and Shahin
(d) To provide help to Charlotte
4. Which character is wounded during the storm?
5. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
(a) That Lily is the Black Queen
(b) That she knows he's the White King
(c) That she is protected by Kamel
(d) That Minnie has left the game
6. From whom does Robespierre tell David that he learned about the service?
7. What deduction do Catherine, Lily and Solarin come to about the placement of the pieces on the chess board?
(a) Ax-shaped figure eight
(b) The shape of a sharpened ax
(c) In the shape of a stone
(d) In a squared off figure eight
8. How does the Bishop describe England after he is told he is an enemy of the British people?
(a) The black land
(b) The white queen
(c) The white land
(d) The black queen
9. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
(a) Symbols of elements
(b) Symbols of love
(c) Symbols of gods
(d) Symbols of hate
10. How long do Catherine and Lily have to hike through the desert along the walking path?
(a) 8 hours
(b) 4 hours
(c) 1 hour
(d) 2 hours
11. Which of the following is a dry reddish cake of material that when mixed with other elements could perform miracles of alchemy and heal all human illness?
(a) Montgland Service
(b) Philospher's stone
(c) White Queen
(d) Sorsercer's Hat
12. Which of the following characters controls the leaders of the Revolution?
13. Where does Mireille tell Marat that she has shipped the pieces for which she was responsible?
(a) The Abbey
14. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
(a) Where the cloth is buried
(b) Where the Black Queen is
(c) What Plato knows
(d) What to do with Paul
15. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kamel driving Catherine through the mountains of Algeria?
2. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
3. Where did the Abbess keep the cloth from the service?
4. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
5. Where did Minnie and Solarin hide after they were separated from the rest of the family?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)