|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Abbess keep the cloth from the service?
(a) Under her mattress
(b) As her apron
(c) Buried in the forest
(d) Stitched into her dress
2. Who holds the Black Queen?
3. From whom does Robespierre tell David that he learned about the service?
4. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
5. Where does Robespierre say the White Queen is currently?
6. Which of Catherine's friends does El-Marad's name remind her?
7. Which of the following characters controls the leaders of the Revolution?
8. Who does Catherine contact first once she and Lily reach the city of Oran?
9. How long has the Bishop been in America at the beginning of this section?
(a) 1 week
(b) 5 months
(c) 8 years
(d) 4 years
10. Where do Catherine and Solarin agree to rendezvous with Mordecai and Lily?
11. How does the Bishop describe England after he is told he is an enemy of the British people?
(a) The black land
(b) The black queen
(c) The white queen
(d) The white land
12. In what way are Solarin and Nim related?
(a) Grandfather and grandson
(b) Uncle and nephew
(d) Father and son
13. How long is the time required for the lunar and solar calendars to cycle back and return to their starting points?
(a) 8 days
(b) 8 years
(c) 8 months
(d) 80 days
14. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The Singing Sands
(b) The White Sands
(c) The Refugee of Sand
(d) The White Queen
15. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
(a) Symbols of hate
(b) Symbols of elements
(c) Symbols of gods
(d) Symbols of love
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises the Bishop safety and prosperity if he returns to France?
2. Who does Minnie tell Catherine has nine other pieces?
3. How many pieces of the service does the Bishop have as he leaves England?
4. How long do Catherine and Lily have to hike through the desert along the walking path?
5. Why does the Abbess refuse to sign the document that condemns the revolution?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)