|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a dry reddish cake of material that when mixed with other elements could perform miracles of alchemy and heal all human illness?
(a) Philospher's stone
(b) White Queen
(c) Sorsercer's Hat
(d) Montgland Service
2. How long has the Bishop been in America at the beginning of this section?
(a) 5 months
(b) 8 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 1 week
3. What do Catherine, Lily and Solarin decide is the only way to test their theory?
(a) Gather the board
(b) Gather all of the pieces and the board
(c) Gather all of the pieces
(d) Get the cloth
4. Where did Minnie and Solarin hide after they were separated from the rest of the family?
5. Which character is wounded during the storm?
6. Where does Robespierre say the White Queen is currently?
7. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
(a) To give her pieces of the service
(b) To take care of her until she dies
(c) To give her a child
(d) To provide her with the cloth from the service
8. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
(a) She is afraid for her life
(b) The Bishop is lookign for her
(c) She wants to see her son born into the game
(d) The Abbess ordered her to stay
9. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
(a) Relationship between alchemy and math
(b) Mystic science of numbers
(c) Montglane Service
(d) Relationship between music and alchemy
10. How does Mireille disguise herself so that she can return to Paris as the Abbess ordered?
(a) Servant boy
(b) Arab woman
(d) French society matron
11. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The Singing Sands
(b) The Refugee of Sand
(c) The White Sands
(d) The White Queen
12. Where do Catherine and Lily head once they leave the city of Oran?
13. Why did Mireille return to Algiers before heading to England?
(a) To try and find eigh pieces of the service
(b) To collect her son and Shahin
(c) To provide help to Charlotte
(d) To find and speak to the Abbess
14. Who do Catherine, Lily and Kamel find with Minnie when they arrive there?
15. What city of the past do Catherine and Lily supposedly drive through as they follow the route Minnie drove?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Solarin's relationship with Minnie?
2. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
3. What does Catherine tell Lily science has discovered that everything (matter, light and sound) is held together by?
4. Where did Solarin grow up?
5. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)