|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robespierre say that Rousseau learned about the service from?
2. What happened to the king after the end of the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to their starting points?
3. How long does it take the characters to travel to America once they actually start?
4. Where does Mireille tell Marat that she has shipped the pieces for which she was responsible?
(b) The Abbey
5. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
6. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
(a) Symbols of elements
(b) Symbols of gods
(c) Symbols of love
(d) Symbols of hate
7. Which of the following characters looks like Mireille enough that Mireille can replace her to keep the appointment with the Revolution leader?
8. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
9. Who does Marat assume will be able to get Mireille's pieces that she has shipped?
(a) The Abbess
(c) The Bishop
10. What does Catherine tell El-Marad?
(a) That she is protected by Kamel
(b) That she knows he's the White King
(c) That Minnie has left the game
(d) That Lily is the Black Queen
11. Which of the following characters helps Mireille get the Abbess out of her prison?
12. What does Mireille want the Bishop to do to gain control of the White Queen's pieces?
(a) Marry her
(b) Sleep with her
(c) Steal them from her
(d) Hide them from her
13. What small gift does Catherine present to El-Marad's daughter when they arrive at his house?
(a) A white queen chess piece
(b) A falcon
(c) A note from Nim
14. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The Singing Sands
(b) The Refugee of Sand
(c) The White Queen
(d) The White Sands
15. What does Catherine tell Lily science has discovered that everything (matter, light and sound) is held together by?
(b) Waves of power
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Abbess keep the cloth from the service?
2. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
3. What does Shahin tell Mireille that he knows that she desires?
4. What does Minnie tell Lily and Catherine the white side wants to create with the information contained in the Montglane Service?
5. How does Mireille disguise herself so that she can return to Paris as the Abbess ordered?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)