|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bishop describe England after he is told he is an enemy of the British people?
(a) The black land
(b) The black queen
(c) The white queen
(d) The white land
2. Who does Catherine contact first once she and Lily reach the city of Oran?
3. What other person does Catherine learn has the same birthday as she?
4. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The White Sands
(b) The Singing Sands
(c) The Refugee of Sand
(d) The White Queen
5. Who does Marat assume will be able to get Mireille's pieces that she has shipped?
(a) The Abbess
(b) The Bishop
6. Why does Mireille state in her diary that she refuses to leave Paris?
(a) She wants to see her son born into the game
(b) The Abbess ordered her to stay
(c) The Bishop is lookign for her
(d) She is afraid for her life
7. What does Shahin tell the scientist traveling with Napoleon that his people believe in?
(a) Relationship between alchemy and math
(b) Montglane Service
(c) Mystic science of numbers
(d) Relationship between music and alchemy
8. Where is the Service's chessboard located?
9. What becomes Mireille's personal mark?
(a) Figure 8
(b) Knight shape
(c) Letter M
(d) B for the Bishop
10. Whose diagram do Catherine, Lily and Solarin use as the basis for solving the mystery of the configuration of the pieces?
11. Which of the following characters claimed to have decoded the formula in the service?
12. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
(a) Symbols of hate
(b) Symbols of gods
(c) Symbols of elements
(d) Symbols of love
13. What was another name for The White Queen?
(a) The Woman from India
14. What does Minnie give to Catherine and Lily?
(a) Mireille's diary
(b) The cloth
(c) Several pieces of the service
15. Who does Robespierre say that Rousseau learned about the service from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mireille return to Algiers before heading to England?
2. How long has the Bishop been in America at the beginning of this section?
3. Which character is wounded during the storm?
4. What does Lily call the move she uses to get out of her stuck position?
5. What city of the past do Catherine and Lily supposedly drive through as they follow the route Minnie drove?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)