|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the symbols on the cloth that once covered the service besides the figure eight which Catherine and Lily examine?
(a) Symbols of elements
(b) Symbols of love
(c) Symbols of hate
(d) Symbols of gods
2. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
3. Why can't El-Marad go to visit the woman who has several of the chess pieces himself?
(a) She refuses to see him
(b) He does not have a passport
(c) She lives in a women-only environment
(d) He is to ill to be able to travel
4. What does Mireille want the Bishop to do to gain control of the White Queen's pieces?
(a) Sleep with her
(b) Marry her
(c) Hide them from her
(d) Steal them from her
5. What vow does the Bishop make to Mireille when they are reunited in London?
(a) To give her pieces of the service
(b) To give her a child
(c) To take care of her until she dies
(d) To provide her with the cloth from the service
6. In what way are Solarin and Nim related?
(a) Uncle and nephew
(b) Grandfather and grandson
(c) Father and son
7. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The Refugee of Sand
(b) The Singing Sands
(c) The White Queen
(d) The White Sands
8. Why did Napoleon refuse Charlot's offer according to Shahin?
(a) He knows there are pieces in Egpy
(b) He was afraid
(c) Death waits in France
(d) He did not trust him
9. What does Catherine use as a weapon in her attempt to rescue Lily?
(b) Kamel's gun
(d) Heavy bag of Service pieces
10. Why is Kamel driving Catherine through the mountains of Algeria?
(a) To complete her OPEC work
(b) To visit Llewellyn's dealer friend
(c) To show Catherine the countryside
(d) To begin his project with the computer model
11. Who does Minnie tell Catherine has nine other pieces?
12. What does Catherine tell Lily science has discovered that everything (matter, light and sound) is held together by?
(c) Waves of power
13. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
14. What city of the past do Catherine and Lily supposedly drive through as they follow the route Minnie drove?
15. Where does the Bishop end up when the ship on which he was sailing sinks?
(a) Channel Islands
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine contact first once she and Lily reach the city of Oran?
2. How do Catherine, Lily and the dog escape from the bar and Sharrif?
3. What happened to the king after the end of the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to their starting points?
4. Which of the following characters controls the leaders of the Revolution?
5. What "science" does Minnie indicate there is a relationship between all of the disciplines (previously discussed)?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)