|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minnie give to Catherine and Lily?
(a) The cloth
(b) Several pieces of the service
(c) Mireille's diary
2. How do Catherine, Lily and the dog escape from the bar and Sharrif?
(a) Kamel saves them
(b) Run to their vehicle
(c) Escape on horseback
(d) Jump in the water
3. Which of the following characters is identified as the Black Queen?
4. Which of the following characters is revealed to be the Black King?
5. Where do Catherine and Lily head once they leave the city of Oran?
6. What does Minnie tell Lily and Catherine the white side wants to create with the information contained in the Montglane Service?
(a) A united country
(b) Weapons of mass destruction
(c) Computers and mathematical formulas
(d) Petroleum to control OPEC
7. What does the Abbess hope to learn from Catherine the Great before she dies?
(a) Where the Black Queen is
(b) Where the cloth is buried
(c) What to do with Paul
(d) What Plato knows
8. Why can't El-Marad go to visit the woman who has several of the chess pieces himself?
(a) He does not have a passport
(b) He is to ill to be able to travel
(c) She refuses to see him
(d) She lives in a women-only environment
9. Where does Catherine come ashore?
(a) At the OPEC conferece
(b) In the Channel Islands
(c) Where Sharrif is waiting
(d) In Paris
10. Why does the Abbess refuse to sign the document that condemns the revolution?
(a) She believes in the revolution
(b) She will be immediately killed
(c) She needs to find Mireille
(d) She wants to return to France
11. How long has the Bishop been in America at the beginning of this section?
(a) 4 years
(b) 5 months
(c) 8 years
(d) 1 week
12. Where did Solarin grow up?
13. What does Shahin call a sandstorm?
(a) The Singing Sands
(b) The Refugee of Sand
(c) The White Queen
(d) The White Sands
14. What was another name for The White Queen?
(b) The Woman from India
15. What happened to the king after the end of the lunar and solar calendars cycle back to their starting points?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mireille disguise herself so that she can return to Paris as the Abbess ordered?
2. Which of the following characters accompanies Mireille across Algeria?
3. In what state does the Bishop decide to bury pieces from the Montglane Service?
4. Where does the Bishop end up when the ship on which he was sailing sinks?
5. What does Catherine tell Lily science has discovered that everything (matter, light and sound) is held together by?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)