|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Bishop want Mireille to go?
(a) Robespierre's home
(b) To visit the Abbess
(c) The Abbey
(d) David's home
2. About how many large oil companies control most of the world's production and distribution according to Catherine?
3. How do Miereille and Valentine feel at the opera?
4. What symbol does the Bishop see on one of the eight pieces of the Montglane Service?
5. Why does Mireille decide not to return to the carriage?
(a) She sees her driver's head on a spear
(b) She cannot find it
(c) She sees David up ahead
(d) Valentine calls for her
6. When is Catherine's birthday?
(a) April 4th
(b) March 3rd
(c) February 2nd
(d) May 5th
7. Who does Catherine find recently killed when she goes to retrieve her briefcase?
(a) Lily's missing chauffeur
8. Where did Catherine obtain Richelieu's papers?
9. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels after her encounter with the fortune teller?
10. Why does Harry become upset at the thought of Catherine going to Algeria?
(a) He has heard that it is very dangerous there
(b) He does not want her near Arabs
(c) He believes she will be unable to communicate effectively
(d) He feels that it is too far away from family and friends
11. What happens to the fortune teller when the lights go down?
(a) She disappears
(b) She sets up a table to do palm readings
(c) She grabs onto Catherine's hand
(d) She screams and runs out the door
12. Who takes Catherine back to her apartment?
13. Where does Nim take Catherine to help calm her?
(d) Chess match
14. Who founded the convent to which Mireille and Valentine belong?
15. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
(d) His home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
2. What is Llewellyn's profession?
3. Who do Valentine and Miereille believe is in danger based on the letter they receive?
4. What does the Arab soldier tell Charlemagne and Garin a blood wager will bring to the person making the wager?
5. Who takes Catherine back to the hotel after Solarin disappeared from the nightclub?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)