|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fortune teller tell Catherine?
(a) She will find her true love
(b) She will have a child soon
(c) She is in danger
(d) She will have great fortune
2. In what occupation was Catherine Velis previously employed?
3. Where does the Bishop want Mireille to go?
(a) The Abbey
(b) David's home
(c) To visit the Abbess
(d) Robespierre's home
4. Where does Valentine tell the Bishop the Abbess went?
5. What does Solarin call which is against all of the rules of chess?
6. Where does Lily manipulate Catherine to go with her?
(b) Chess tournament
(d) Outside to confront the man on the bicycle
7. Who is the person that the Bishop says wants to gain control of the service?
(d) Catherine the Great
8. Who throws the farewell party for Catherine?
9. What rumors do Mireille and Valentine indicate they have heard about the Bishop?
(a) Skills with paint
(b) Intense temper
(c) Breaking his sacred vows
(d) Cloven foot
10. Who was Cardinal Rihelieu?
11. How is Mireille disguised as she attempts to leave Paris?
(c) Servant boy
12. What does the Bishop discover when he returns home?
(a) Camille talking with Robespierre
(b) Mireille unconscious and wounded
(c) The chess service on his table
(d) Valentine dead
13. What does Catherine catch Lily lying about?
(a) Chess set location
(b) Chauffeur resigning
(c) Catherine's painting skills
(d) Mordecai's occupation
14. What is Fiske using to transmit?
15. How long is Solarin given to complete his mission?
(a) 12 hours
(b) 24 hours
(c) 1 week
(d) 2 days
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is considered one of the eight "collection points?"
2. Where did Catherine obtain Richelieu's papers?
3. Who left a note for Catherine that she finds when she returns to her apartment?
4. Who does Lily introduce Catherine to?
5. Who is the man that Valentine and Mireille see who walks with a slight limp?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)