|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Catherine's birthday?
(a) April 4th
(b) May 5th
(c) March 3rd
(d) February 2nd
2. In what year does this portion of the story take place?
3. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
(c) Finding the chess set
(d) Valentine and Mireille
4. What year is it when the novel opens?
5. How many narrative lines does the author use in this novel?
6. Where did Mireille and Valentine hide the chess pieces they were to protect?
(a) Carry them on their person at all times
(b) Left them buried at the Abbey
(c) Hid them in their mattress
(d) Buried under one of David's trees
7. What does Catherine catch Lily lying about?
(a) Chess set location
(b) Mordecai's occupation
(c) Catherine's painting skills
(d) Chauffeur resigning
8. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
(a) Where Catherine loses the power
(b) Where their paths cross
(c) A figure 8
(d) Where her life line ends
9. Where does the Bishop plan to take Mireille for refuge?
10. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
(a) To understand the language of God
(b) To search for the service
(c) To reach Heaven
(d) To protect the city
11. What does the fortune teller tell Catherine?
(a) She is in danger
(b) She will find her true love
(c) She will have great fortune
(d) She will have a child soon
12. How is Mireille disguised as she attempts to leave Paris?
(b) Servant boy
13. What does the Tribunal man want to know?
(a) Why Mireille is there
(b) Why they have befriended David
(c) Why Valentine lied
(d) Where the service is
14. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
(a) Music and chess
(b) Mathematics and music
(c) Chess and the freemasons
(d) Mathematics and chess
15. Who do Valentine and Miereille believe is in danger based on the letter they receive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
2. What did Back say that the powerful music of God could be used for?
3. Who does Lily introduce Catherine to?
4. Why does Mireille decide not to return to the carriage?
5. How long is Solarin given to complete his mission?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)