|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
(a) His home
2. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
(a) To reach Heaven
(b) To understand the language of God
(c) To protect the city
(d) To search for the service
3. Where does Valentine tell the Bishop the Abbess went?
4. What sport did Charlemagne play frequently and even put a sign in reference to in the convent?
5. From whom is Letizia descended?
6. Who left a note for Catherine that she finds when she returns to her apartment?
7. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
(a) A force of good
(b) Betrayers to all that is good
(c) A force of evil
(d) Political allies
8. What stops Valentine and Miereille's carriage?
(a) Violent mob
(d) Broken lef on the horse
9. What did Catherine do instead of sleeping when she returned to her hotel after Sharrif took her there?
(a) Think of a way to get in to see Kamel
(b) Research OPEC
(c) Try to make contact with Solarin
(d) Study books on mathematics
10. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
(a) Bluffs her way in
(b) Barges into his office while others try to stop him
(c) Scheduled appointment
(d) Catches him on his way to lunch
11. Who is Catherine's lover at this time?
12. What is Mordecai's relationship with Lily?
(a) He is her chauffeur
(b) He is her current lover
(c) He has provided her with information about math
(d) He has coached her in several chess tournaments
13. Where does Solarin tell the Russian Secret Police the chess pieces are?
14. What relation is Mordecai to Harry?
15. Who was Cardinal Rihelieu?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was found dead that Harry is asked to identify?
2. Where did Catherine obtain Richelieu's papers?
3. What did Back say that the powerful music of God could be used for?
4. What is Fiske using to transmit?
5. Who is the man that Valentine and Mireille see who walks with a slight limp?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)