|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine do instead of sleeping when she returned to her hotel after Sharrif took her there?
(a) Try to make contact with Solarin
(b) Research OPEC
(c) Think of a way to get in to see Kamel
(d) Study books on mathematics
2. What year is it when the novel opens?
3. About how many large oil companies control most of the world's production and distribution according to Catherine?
4. What does the fortune teller tell Catherine?
(a) She will find her true love
(b) She will have great fortune
(c) She is in danger
(d) She will have a child soon
5. When is Catherine's birthday?
(a) February 2nd
(b) May 5th
(c) April 4th
(d) March 3rd
6. Why does Harry become upset at the thought of Catherine going to Algeria?
(a) He feels that it is too far away from family and friends
(b) He has heard that it is very dangerous there
(c) He does not want her near Arabs
(d) He believes she will be unable to communicate effectively
7. What is Mordecai's relationship with Lily?
(a) He is her current lover
(b) He has coached her in several chess tournaments
(c) He has provided her with information about math
(d) He is her chauffeur
8. In what year does this portion of the story take place?
9. What does Harry want Catherine to help him do?
(a) Get pieces from Charlamagne's chess set
(b) Smuggle new historical relics into Algeria
(c) Find safe passage to Algeria
(d) Locate his missing relative in Algeria
10. On what does Lily write Mordecai's telephone number?
(d) Chinese cabinet
11. Which of the following was the Abbess' message to Mireille?
(a) Elissa the Black has left- the Eight go with her
(b) Elissa the Black has come- the Eight are hers
(c) Elissa the Red has come - hide the Eight
(d) Elissa the Red has risen-the Eight return
12. What does Mireille wish after she awakens?
(a) Her suitcase
(b) The Bishop
(d) The chess service
13. What is Llewellyn's profession?
(d) Antique dealer
14. What causes the mystical spell to be broken?
(a) Charlemagne jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(b) Garin jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(c) The arrival of a set of Arab soldiers
(d) The wager being written down in blood
15. What stops Valentine and Miereille's carriage?
(a) Broken lef on the horse
(c) Violent mob
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mireille disguised as she attempts to leave Paris?
2. Where does the Bishop plan to take Mireille for refuge?
3. What did Back say that the powerful music of God could be used for?
4. What does Catherine believe herself to be acting out?
5. On what date is the secret story of the treasure of Montglane Abby told?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)