|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Bishop plan to take Mireille for refuge?
2. Who founded the convent to which Mireille and Valentine belong?
3. Who is the man that Valentine and Mireille see who walks with a slight limp?
(a) Bishop of Autun
(b) Germaine de Stael
4. What did Blanche write on the cocktail napkin she hands to Catherine?
(a) Her phone number
(b) Information about Harry
(c) A wish for safe passage
(d) The fortune teller's prophecy
5. What year is it when the novel opens?
6. What did Back say that the powerful music of God could be used for?
(a) Convey God's intentions
(b) Create an open dialog
(c) Destroy future efforts at dialor
(d) Create and destroy
7. What country was Catherine sent to as what she considers to be a punishment?
8. What would be the end result should Garin lose the wager Charlemagne and Garin have on the game?
(b) Removal from the kingdom
(c) Relegation to slave status
(d) Loss of all asets
9. Where does Valentine tell the Bishop the Abbess went?
10. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
(a) His home
11. Who is Catherine's lover at this time?
12. What relation is Mordecai to Harry?
13. What is Fiske using to transmit?
14. How many narrative lines does the author use in this novel?
15. About how many large oil companies control most of the world's production and distribution according to Catherine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws the farewell party for Catherine?
2. Where did Mireille and Valentine hide the chess pieces they were to protect?
3. On what does Lily write Mordecai's telephone number?
4. Where does Lily manipulate Catherine to go with her?
5. How long is Solarin given to complete his mission?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)