|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Catherine's lover at this time?
2. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
(a) Music and chess
(b) Chess and the freemasons
(c) Mathematics and music
(d) Mathematics and chess
3. On what date is the secret story of the treasure of Montglane Abby told?
(a) May 5th
(b) March 3rd
(c) February 2nd
(d) April 4th
4. Where does Nim take Catherine to help calm her?
(d) Chess match
5. Which of the following was the Abbess' message to Mireille?
(a) Elissa the Red has risen-the Eight return
(b) Elissa the Red has come - hide the Eight
(c) Elissa the Black has come- the Eight are hers
(d) Elissa the Black has left- the Eight go with her
6. How is Mireille disguised as she attempts to leave Paris?
(a) Servant boy
7. What year is it when the novel opens?
8. Who is the father of Mireille's child?
(c) The Bishop
9. Where did Catherine obtain Richelieu's papers?
10. What sport did Charlemagne play frequently and even put a sign in reference to in the convent?
11. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
(a) To search for the service
(b) To protect the city
(c) To reach Heaven
(d) To understand the language of God
12. Who is the man that Valentine and Mireille see who walks with a slight limp?
(a) Germaine de Stael
(c) Bishop of Autun
13. How does Germaine convince Camille that she must be spared the trials and executions?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She must flee the country
(c) She has to find David first
(d) She is dying
14. Who was found dead that Harry is asked to identify?
(a) Harry's father
(b) Harry's brother
(c) Harry's chauffeur
(d) Harry's son
15. Where does the Bishop meet Camille?
(a) The Abbey
(b) Home of Robespierre
(c) Home of Catherine the Great
(d) Home of Valentine and Mireille
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lily manipulate Catherine to go with her?
2. What does Mireille wish after she awakens?
3. Which of the following characters tells Mireille that the Abbess sent him?
4. Why does Harry become upset at the thought of Catherine going to Algeria?
5. What did Voltaire describe could be found in Richelieu's papers and journals?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)