|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Tribunal man want to know?
(a) Why Mireille is there
(b) Why Valentine lied
(c) Why they have befriended David
(d) Where the service is
2. Who was found dead that Harry is asked to identify?
(a) Harry's father
(b) Harry's son
(c) Harry's brother
(d) Harry's chauffeur
3. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
(a) To understand the language of God
(b) To protect the city
(c) To reach Heaven
(d) To search for the service
4. Who was Cardinal Rihelieu?
5. What does the Abbess do with the pieces of the chess set?
(a) Mails them to the Bishop
(b) Distributes the pieces among the nuns
(c) Sends them to Rome
(d) Hides them in the fields
6. What sport did Charlemagne play frequently and even put a sign in reference to in the convent?
7. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
(a) Where their paths cross
(b) A figure 8
(c) Where her life line ends
(d) Where Catherine loses the power
8. Why does Harry become upset at the thought of Catherine going to Algeria?
(a) He does not want her near Arabs
(b) He feels that it is too far away from family and friends
(c) He believes she will be unable to communicate effectively
(d) He has heard that it is very dangerous there
9. What does Solarin call which is against all of the rules of chess?
10. Which of the following describes a series of chess moves that results in the empowering of the bishop?
(a) An exchange of queens
(c) A quiet move
(d) Pawn to queen's fourth
11. What does Catherine catch Lily lying about?
(a) Chess set location
(b) Catherine's painting skills
(c) Mordecai's occupation
(d) Chauffeur resigning
12. On what date is the secret story of the treasure of Montglane Abby told?
(a) April 4th
(b) March 3rd
(c) February 2nd
(d) May 5th
13. In what occupation was Catherine Velis previously employed?
14. What is jokingly called the eighth wonder of the world in this chapter?
(b) Air travel
15. Where does Nim take Catherine to help calm her?
(d) Chess match
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
2. To what year has the author returned the reader?
3. What promise does Kamal make to Catherine?
4. Which of the following was the Abbess' message to Mireille?
5. Who throws the farewell party for Catherine?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)