|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lily introduce Catherine to?
2. Who was Cardinal Rihelieu?
3. Who does Catherine find recently killed when she goes to retrieve her briefcase?
(d) Lily's missing chauffeur
4. Where do Elisa and Napoleon take Mireille?
5. Who is Catherine's lover at this time?
6. How was Fiske killed?
(a) Broken neck
7. How is Mireille disguised as she attempts to leave Paris?
(d) Servant boy
8. What does the Arab soldier tell Charlemagne and Garin a blood wager will bring to the person making the wager?
(a) Never ending wealth
(c) Paradise on Earth
9. What does Catherine believe herself to be acting out?
(b) Prevention of destruction
10. How do Miereille and Valentine feel at the opera?
11. Where does the Bishop want Mireille to go?
(a) David's home
(b) The Abbey
(c) To visit the Abbess
(d) Robespierre's home
12. Why are Valentine and Mireille barely clothed at the beginning of section three?
(a) They are posing for a painting
(b) They are posing for a sculpture
(c) They are having a medical exam
(d) They are bathing
13. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
(b) Bishop of Autun
(c) Arab prince
14. Why is Lily shocked when she and Catherine arrive at the chess tournament?
(a) It has already concluded
(b) She is denied access
(c) Dogs are not allowed
(d) Solarin did not show up
15. Where does the Bishop plan to take Mireille for refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founded the convent to which Mireille and Valentine belong?
2. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
3. Who was found dead that Harry is asked to identify?
4. What relation is Mordecai to Harry?
5. Who is the man that Valentine and Mireille see who walks with a slight limp?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)