|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Cardinal Rihelieu?
2. Who was found dead that Harry is asked to identify?
(a) Harry's brother
(b) Harry's father
(c) Harry's son
(d) Harry's chauffeur
3. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
(a) Barges into his office while others try to stop him
(b) Scheduled appointment
(c) Bluffs her way in
(d) Catches him on his way to lunch
4. Why is Catherine told that her telephone communications will receive the highest priority?
(a) She is an American
(b) She is a princess
(c) She knows Nim who is an important man
(d) Kamel wants her to work for him
5. From whom is Letizia descended?
6. Why does Harry become upset at the thought of Catherine going to Algeria?
(a) He has heard that it is very dangerous there
(b) He believes she will be unable to communicate effectively
(c) He does not want her near Arabs
(d) He feels that it is too far away from family and friends
7. What sport did Charlemagne play frequently and even put a sign in reference to in the convent?
8. Where does the Bishop plan to take Mireille for refuge?
9. Who takes Catherine back to the hotel after Solarin disappeared from the nightclub?
10. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
(a) Finding the chess set
(b) Valentine and Mireille
11. What signals that it is time to stop working and return to the convent for the nuns?
(a) Calling from the Mother Superior
(b) Clock tower ringing
(c) A specific time of day
(d) Tolling Bell
12. What does Harry want Catherine to help him do?
(a) Get pieces from Charlamagne's chess set
(b) Find safe passage to Algeria
(c) Smuggle new historical relics into Algeria
(d) Locate his missing relative in Algeria
13. In what occupation was Catherine Velis previously employed?
14. How does Germaine convince Camille that she must be spared the trials and executions?
(a) She has to find David first
(b) She must flee the country
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is dying
15. Who takes Catherine back to her apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose identity does Catherine try to determine as part of her investigation into the chess match?
2. What is Llewellyn's profession?
3. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
4. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
5. Why is Lily shocked when she and Catherine arrive at the chess tournament?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)