|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catherine told that her telephone communications will receive the highest priority?
(a) She is an American
(b) She is a princess
(c) She knows Nim who is an important man
(d) Kamel wants her to work for him
2. Where does the Bishop plan to take Mireille for refuge?
3. How was Fiske killed?
(c) Broken neck
4. Where does Valentine tell the Bishop the Abbess went?
5. What promise does Kamal make to Catherine?
(a) To follow her
(b) To protect her
(c) To help her find the service
(d) To provide her employment
6. Where does Nim take Catherine to help calm her?
(c) Chess match
7. What does Harry want Catherine to help him do?
(a) Locate his missing relative in Algeria
(b) Find safe passage to Algeria
(c) Get pieces from Charlamagne's chess set
(d) Smuggle new historical relics into Algeria
8. What did Back say that the powerful music of God could be used for?
(a) Create an open dialog
(b) Create and destroy
(c) Destroy future efforts at dialor
(d) Convey God's intentions
9. What causes the mystical spell to be broken?
(a) The arrival of a set of Arab soldiers
(b) Charlemagne jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(c) Garin jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(d) The wager being written down in blood
10. Who takes Catherine back to the hotel after Solarin disappeared from the nightclub?
11. What is Catherine an expert at?
12. What stops Valentine and Miereille's carriage?
(c) Violent mob
(d) Broken lef on the horse
13. What does the Bishop discover when he returns home?
(a) Mireille unconscious and wounded
(b) The chess service on his table
(c) Valentine dead
(d) Camille talking with Robespierre
14. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
(d) His home
15. How many narrative lines does the author use in this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
2. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
3. Which character is considered one of the eight "collection points?"
4. What did Blanche write on the cocktail napkin she hands to Catherine?
5. What happens to the fortune teller when the lights go down?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)