|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date is the secret story of the treasure of Montglane Abby told?
(a) April 4th
(b) March 3rd
(c) May 5th
(d) February 2nd
2. What stops Valentine and Miereille's carriage?
(a) Broken lef on the horse
(c) Violent mob
3. Which of the following was the Abbess' message to Mireille?
(a) Elissa the Red has risen-the Eight return
(b) Elissa the Black has come- the Eight are hers
(c) Elissa the Black has left- the Eight go with her
(d) Elissa the Red has come - hide the Eight
4. When is Catherine's birthday?
(a) March 3rd
(b) February 2nd
(c) May 5th
(d) April 4th
5. What does Mireille wish after she awakens?
(a) Her suitcase
(c) The Bishop
(d) The chess service
6. Why does Harry become upset at the thought of Catherine going to Algeria?
(a) He has heard that it is very dangerous there
(b) He believes she will be unable to communicate effectively
(c) He does not want her near Arabs
(d) He feels that it is too far away from family and friends
7. From whom did Philidor hear about the Montglane Service?
8. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
(a) Political allies
(b) A force of evil
(c) Betrayers to all that is good
(d) A force of good
9. Which character is considered one of the eight "collection points?"
10. What activity does Catherine use to fill her time before she leaves for Algeria?
(c) Playing chess
(d) Writing letters
11. What did Back say that the powerful music of God could be used for?
(a) Create and destroy
(b) Convey God's intentions
(c) Destroy future efforts at dialor
(d) Create an open dialog
12. What signals that it is time to stop working and return to the convent for the nuns?
(a) Tolling Bell
(b) Calling from the Mother Superior
(c) Clock tower ringing
(d) A specific time of day
13. What does the Bishop discover when he returns home?
(a) Mireille unconscious and wounded
(b) The chess service on his table
(c) Valentine dead
(d) Camille talking with Robespierre
14. Which of the following characters tells Mireille that the Abbess sent him?
(a) The Bishop
15. What would be the end result should Garin lose the wager Charlemagne and Garin have on the game?
(b) Loss of all asets
(c) Relegation to slave status
(d) Removal from the kingdom
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Catherine back to the hotel after Solarin disappeared from the nightclub?
2. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
3. Where do Elisa and Napoleon take Mireille?
4. What was the abandoned Abbey converted into?
5. What does Solarin call which is against all of the rules of chess?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)