|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fiske using to transmit?
2. Who does Catherine find recently killed when she goes to retrieve her briefcase?
(a) Lily's missing chauffeur
3. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
(a) Barges into his office while others try to stop him
(b) Catches him on his way to lunch
(c) Bluffs her way in
(d) Scheduled appointment
4. What was the abandoned Abbey converted into?
5. What activity does Catherine use to fill her time before she leaves for Algeria?
(a) Playing chess
(c) Writing letters
6. About how many large oil companies control most of the world's production and distribution according to Catherine?
7. Who does the Abbess call the greatest chess master of all?
8. Why are Valentine and Mireille barely clothed at the beginning of section three?
(a) They are bathing
(b) They are posing for a painting
(c) They are posing for a sculpture
(d) They are having a medical exam
9. What does the Arab soldier tell Charlemagne and Garin a blood wager will bring to the person making the wager?
(b) Never ending wealth
(d) Paradise on Earth
10. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
(b) Bishop of Autun
(c) Arab prince
11. Which of the following characters tells Mireille that the Abbess sent him?
(b) The Bishop
12. What does Catherine catch Lily lying about?
(a) Catherine's painting skills
(b) Chess set location
(c) Chauffeur resigning
(d) Mordecai's occupation
13. What causes the mystical spell to be broken?
(a) Garin jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(b) The wager being written down in blood
(c) Charlemagne jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(d) The arrival of a set of Arab soldiers
14. What did Catherine do instead of sleeping when she returned to her hotel after Sharrif took her there?
(a) Research OPEC
(b) Think of a way to get in to see Kamel
(c) Study books on mathematics
(d) Try to make contact with Solarin
15. Where does Lily manipulate Catherine to go with her?
(a) Chess tournament
(b) Outside to confront the man on the bicycle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tribunal man want to know?
2. What signals that it is time to stop working and return to the convent for the nuns?
3. On what does Lily write Mordecai's telephone number?
4. Where does the Bishop want Mireille to go?
5. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)