|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Catherine sent to as what she considers to be a punishment?
2. On what date is the secret story of the treasure of Montglane Abby told?
(a) February 2nd
(b) March 3rd
(c) April 4th
(d) May 5th
3. On what does Lily write Mordecai's telephone number?
(b) Chinese cabinet
4. Who do Valentine and Miereille believe is in danger based on the letter they receive?
5. In what year does this portion of the story take place?
6. Who is the person that the Bishop says wants to gain control of the service?
(a) Catherine the Great
7. What does Nim potentially provide Catherine in Algeria?
(a) A protective contact
(b) A place to stay
(c) Protective weapondry
(d) The location of the chess pieces
8. What relation is Mordecai to Harry?
9. What relationship did Euler and Bach discuss in this section?
(a) Chess and the freemasons
(b) Mathematics and music
(c) Music and chess
(d) Mathematics and chess
10. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
(a) To reach Heaven
(b) To protect the city
(c) To search for the service
(d) To understand the language of God
11. Who was found dead that Harry is asked to identify?
(a) Harry's father
(b) Harry's chauffeur
(c) Harry's son
(d) Harry's brother
12. Which of the following characters tells Mireille that the Abbess sent him?
(c) The Bishop
13. Where does the Bishop meet Camille?
(a) Home of Catherine the Great
(b) Home of Robespierre
(c) Home of Valentine and Mireille
(d) The Abbey
14. How was Fiske killed?
(b) Broken neck
15. Which character is considered one of the eight "collection points?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes a series of chess moves that results in the empowering of the bishop?
2. What does the Bishop discover when he returns home?
3. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
4. What does Solarin call which is against all of the rules of chess?
5. What year is it when the novel opens?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)