|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abbess do with the pieces of the chess set?
(a) Hides them in the fields
(b) Mails them to the Bishop
(c) Distributes the pieces among the nuns
(d) Sends them to Rome
2. Who do Valentine and Miereille believe is in danger based on the letter they receive?
3. Who takes Catherine back to her apartment?
4. Where does the Bishop meet Camille?
(a) The Abbey
(b) Home of Catherine the Great
(c) Home of Robespierre
(d) Home of Valentine and Mireille
5. To what year has the author returned the reader?
6. What symbol does the Bishop see on one of the eight pieces of the Montglane Service?
7. Which of the following terms best describes how Kamel reacts to hearing Catherine talk about Sharrif?
(a) With reservations
(b) With hope
(c) With anger
(d) With alarm
8. About how many large oil companies control most of the world's production and distribution according to Catherine?
9. What does the Bishop discover when he returns home?
(a) The chess service on his table
(b) Camille talking with Robespierre
(c) Valentine dead
(d) Mireille unconscious and wounded
10. How long is Solarin given to complete his mission?
(a) 12 hours
(b) 2 days
(c) 24 hours
(d) 1 week
11. What would be the end result should Garin lose the wager Charlemagne and Garin have on the game?
(a) Removal from the kingdom
(c) Loss of all asets
(d) Relegation to slave status
12. What is jokingly called the eighth wonder of the world in this chapter?
(b) Air travel
13. Who takes Catherine back to the hotel after Solarin disappeared from the nightclub?
14. Where does Valentine tell the Bishop the Abbess went?
15. What does the Arab soldier tell Charlemagne and Garin a blood wager will bring to the person making the wager?
(b) Paradise on Earth
(d) Never ending wealth
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
2. What does Catherine catch Lily lying about?
3. Where did Mireille and Valentine hide the chess pieces they were to protect?
4. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
5. On what date is the secret story of the treasure of Montglane Abby told?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)