|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Valentine tell the Bishop the Abbess went?
2. What is Catherine an expert at?
3. What symbol does the Bishop see on one of the eight pieces of the Montglane Service?
4. Where does the Bishop meet Camille?
(a) Home of Valentine and Mireille
(b) The Abbey
(c) Home of Robespierre
(d) Home of Catherine the Great
5. When is Catherine's birthday?
(a) March 3rd
(b) May 5th
(c) February 2nd
(d) April 4th
6. What is jokingly called the eighth wonder of the world in this chapter?
(d) Air travel
7. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
(b) Finding the chess set
(d) Valentine and Mireille
8. Where do Elisa and Napoleon take Mireille?
9. On what does Lily write Mordecai's telephone number?
(c) Chinese cabinet
10. What relation is Mordecai to Harry?
11. Why is Catherine told that her telephone communications will receive the highest priority?
(a) She knows Nim who is an important man
(b) She is an American
(c) Kamel wants her to work for him
(d) She is a princess
12. Which of the following characters tells Mireille that the Abbess sent him?
(a) The Bishop
13. Where does the Bishop want Mireille to go?
(a) Robespierre's home
(b) David's home
(c) To visit the Abbess
(d) The Abbey
14. Where did Catherine obtain Richelieu's papers?
15. What does the Abbess show Catherine on her palm?
(a) Where Catherine loses the power
(b) Where their paths cross
(c) A figure 8
(d) Where her life line ends
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this portion of the story take place?
2. What does Nim potentially provide Catherine in Algeria?
3. Which character is to be executed in this section?
4. To what year has the author returned the reader?
5. What rumors do Mireille and Valentine indicate they have heard about the Bishop?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)