|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when the novel opens?
2. How does Catherine get to meet with Kamel?
(a) Barges into his office while others try to stop him
(b) Catches him on his way to lunch
(c) Bluffs her way in
(d) Scheduled appointment
3. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
(a) Bishop of Autun
(c) Arab prince
4. What does the Tribunal man want to know?
(a) Why they have befriended David
(b) Where the service is
(c) Why Mireille is there
(d) Why Valentine lied
5. Who takes Catherine back to the hotel after Solarin disappeared from the nightclub?
6. Why does Mireille decide not to return to the carriage?
(a) She sees her driver's head on a spear
(b) She cannot find it
(c) Valentine calls for her
(d) She sees David up ahead
7. What country was Catherine sent to as what she considers to be a punishment?
8. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
(b) Finding the chess set
(d) Valentine and Mireille
9. What does the Abbess do with the pieces of the chess set?
(a) Hides them in the fields
(b) Sends them to Rome
(c) Distributes the pieces among the nuns
(d) Mails them to the Bishop
10. What does the fortune teller tell Catherine?
(a) She will have great fortune
(b) She will have a child soon
(c) She is in danger
(d) She will find her true love
11. What relation is Mordecai to Harry?
12. What is Catherine an expert at?
13. Who takes Catherine back to her apartment?
14. How is Mireille disguised as she attempts to leave Paris?
(a) Servant boy
15. Why is Catherine told that her telephone communications will receive the highest priority?
(a) Kamel wants her to work for him
(b) She is a princess
(c) She is an American
(d) She knows Nim who is an important man
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nim take Catherine to help calm her?
2. What does Catherine catch Lily lying about?
3. How long is Solarin given to complete his mission?
4. In what year does this portion of the story take place?
5. What stops Valentine and Miereille's carriage?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)