|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 24, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the time required for the lunar and solar calendars to cycle back and return to their starting points?
(a) 8 days
(b) 80 days
(c) 8 years
(d) 8 months
2. What did Blanche write on the cocktail napkin she hands to Catherine?
(a) The fortune teller's prophecy
(b) A wish for safe passage
(c) Information about Harry
(d) Her phone number
3. Who promises the Bishop safety and prosperity if he returns to France?
4. How did Catherine, Lily and Solarin get to see Robespierre's diagram?
(a) They went to Russia to get it
(b) Minnie gave it to them
(c) It was hidden on the boat
(d) Mireille had it in her diary
5. Who does Catherine contact first once she and Lily reach the city of Oran?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what year has the author returned the reader?
2. Which of the following was the Abbess' message to Mireille?
3. How many pieces of the service does the Bishop have as he leaves England?
4. Which of the following is one of the secret messages decoded by Nim and Catherine from the fortuneteller's words?
5. What does Shahin tell Mireille that he knows that she desires?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)