|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when the novel opens?
2. What does Lily call the move she uses to get out of her stuck position?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Kamel reacts to hearing Catherine talk about Sharrif?
(a) With alarm
(b) With anger
(c) With hope
(d) With reservations
4. Which of the following is one of the secret messages decoded by Nim and Catherine from the fortuneteller's words?
(a) Path to win all chess games
(b) Warning of Satanic evil
(c) Safe passage to Algeria
(d) Protection from evil
5. On what does Lily write Mordecai's telephone number?
(a) Chinese cabinet
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a dry reddish cake of material that when mixed with other elements could perform miracles of alchemy and heal all human illness?
2. What is Catherine an expert at?
3. What does the Bishop discover when he returns home?
4. Why is Catherine told that her telephone communications will receive the highest priority?
5. What country was Catherine sent to as what she considers to be a punishment?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)