|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine find recently killed when she goes to retrieve her briefcase?
(d) Lily's missing chauffeur
2. What was the purpose of the Tower of Babel according to Philidor?
(a) To understand the language of God
(b) To reach Heaven
(c) To protect the city
(d) To search for the service
3. What is Mordecai's relationship with Lily?
(a) He has coached her in several chess tournaments
(b) He is her current lover
(c) He has provided her with information about math
(d) He is her chauffeur
4. Where does Lily manipulate Catherine to go with her?
(a) Chess tournament
(b) Outside to confront the man on the bicycle
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Kamel reacts to hearing Catherine talk about Sharrif?
(a) With anger
(b) With reservations
(c) With hope
(d) With alarm
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Minnie tell Catherine has nine other pieces?
2. What does Mireille name the falcon that she captures and trains to hunt for her and her guide as they travel across Algeria?
3. How long do Catherine and Lily have to hike through the desert along the walking path?
4. What does Nim potentially provide Catherine in Algeria?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels after her encounter with the fortune teller?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)