|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine find recently killed when she goes to retrieve her briefcase?
(d) Lily's missing chauffeur
2. When is Catherine's birthday?
(a) March 3rd
(b) April 4th
(c) May 5th
(d) February 2nd
3. What does Nim potentially provide Catherine in Algeria?
(a) Protective weapondry
(b) The location of the chess pieces
(c) A place to stay
(d) A protective contact
4. Where does the Bishop want Mireille to go?
(a) Robespierre's home
(b) David's home
(c) To visit the Abbess
(d) The Abbey
5. Who is Catherine's lover at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose identity does Catherine try to determine as part of her investigation into the chess match?
2. In what year does this portion of the story take place?
3. What does Catherine believe herself to be acting out?
4. Who founded the convent to which Mireille and Valentine belong?
5. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)