|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Llewellyn's profession?
(c) Antique dealer
2. Where did Mireille and Valentine hide the chess pieces they were to protect?
(a) Left them buried at the Abbey
(b) Buried under one of David's trees
(c) Hid them in their mattress
(d) Carry them on their person at all times
3. What causes the mystical spell to be broken?
(a) The wager being written down in blood
(b) Garin jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(c) Charlemagne jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(d) The arrival of a set of Arab soldiers
4. Who is the man that Valentine and Mireille see who walks with a slight limp?
(b) Bishop of Autun
(d) Germaine de Stael
5. What sport did Charlemagne play frequently and even put a sign in reference to in the convent?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Germaine convince Camille that she must be spared the trials and executions?
2. What does Nim potentially provide Catherine in Algeria?
3. Which of the following describes a series of chess moves that results in the empowering of the bishop?
4. Who does Lily introduce Catherine to?
5. What country was Catherine sent to as what she considers to be a punishment?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)