|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Blanche write on the cocktail napkin she hands to Catherine?
(a) The fortune teller's prophecy
(b) Information about Harry
(c) Her phone number
(d) A wish for safe passage
2. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
(a) A force of good
(b) A force of evil
(c) Betrayers to all that is good
(d) Political allies
3. What activity does Catherine use to fill her time before she leaves for Algeria?
(a) Writing letters
(c) Playing chess
4. Who is the person that the Bishop says wants to gain control of the service?
(a) Catherine the Great
5. About how many large oil companies control most of the world's production and distribution according to Catherine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Abbess call the greatest chess master of all?
2. Whose identity does Catherine try to determine as part of her investigation into the chess match?
3. Where does Solarin tell the Russian Secret Police the chess pieces are?
4. What stops Valentine and Miereille's carriage?
5. In what occupation was Catherine Velis previously employed?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)