|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is considered one of the eight "collection points?"
2. Why are Valentine and Mireille barely clothed at the beginning of section three?
(a) They are bathing
(b) They are posing for a sculpture
(c) They are posing for a painting
(d) They are having a medical exam
3. What would be the end result should Garin lose the wager Charlemagne and Garin have on the game?
(a) Relegation to slave status
(b) Removal from the kingdom
(d) Loss of all asets
4. Where does Solarin tell the Russian Secret Police the chess pieces are?
5. What rumors do Mireille and Valentine indicate they have heard about the Bishop?
(a) Skills with paint
(b) Intense temper
(c) Breaking his sacred vows
(d) Cloven foot
Short Answer Questions
1. How many narrative lines does the author use in this novel?
2. What does David believe is the only thing that will save France from itself?
3. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
4. What stops Valentine and Miereille's carriage?
5. What does Catherine believe the Freemasons to be?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)