|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the mystical spell to be broken?
(a) Charlemagne jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(b) Garin jumping up from the table and knocking the chess set to the floor
(c) The arrival of a set of Arab soldiers
(d) The wager being written down in blood
2. What does the Abbess do with the pieces of the chess set?
(a) Mails them to the Bishop
(b) Distributes the pieces among the nuns
(c) Hides them in the fields
(d) Sends them to Rome
3. How long is Solarin given to complete his mission?
(a) 2 days
(b) 1 week
(c) 12 hours
(d) 24 hours
4. What was the abandoned Abbey converted into?
5. Whose identity does Catherine try to determine as part of her investigation into the chess match?
(a) Fortune teller's
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Catherine use to fill her time before she leaves for Algeria?
2. Which of the following describes a series of chess moves that results in the empowering of the bishop?
3. What does Harry want Catherine to help him do?
4. What does the Arab soldier tell Charlemagne and Garin a blood wager will bring to the person making the wager?
5. What does Catherine believe herself to be acting out?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)