|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lily manipulate Catherine to go with her?
(a) Chess tournament
(c) Outside to confront the man on the bicycle
2. What would be the end result should Garin lose the wager Charlemagne and Garin have on the game?
(a) Removal from the kingdom
(b) Loss of all asets
(d) Relegation to slave status
3. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
(b) Arab prince
(d) Bishop of Autun
4. Who was Cardinal Rihelieu?
5. In what occupation was Catherine Velis previously employed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the novel opens?
2. Why is Lily shocked when she and Catherine arrive at the chess tournament?
3. Who founded the convent to which Mireille and Valentine belong?
4. What did Blanche write on the cocktail napkin she hands to Catherine?
5. Where does the Bishop invite Miereille and Valentine?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)