1. How many narrative lines does the author use in this novel?
2. What year is it when the novel opens?
3. What signals that it is time to stop working and return to the convent for the nuns?
(a) Tolling Bell
(b) Calling from the Mother Superior
(c) A specific time of day
(d) Clock tower ringing
4. Who founded the convent to which Mireille and Valentine belong?
5. On what date is the secret story of the treasure of Montglane Abby told?
(a) March 3rd
(b) February 2nd
(c) May 5th
(d) April 4th
6. What sport did Charlemagne play frequently and even put a sign in reference to in the convent?
7. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
(a) Bishop of Autun
(c) Arab prince
8. What would be the end result should Garin lose the wager Charlemagne and Garin have on the game?
(a) Relegation to slave status
(b) Removal from the kingdom
(c) Loss of all asets
This section contains 3,870 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)