1. How many narrative lines does the author use in this novel?
2. What year is it when the novel opens?
3. What signals that it is time to stop working and return to the convent for the nuns?
(a) A specific time of day
(b) Tolling Bell
(c) Clock tower ringing
(d) Calling from the Mother Superior
4. Who founded the convent to which Mireille and Valentine belong?
5. On what date is the secret story of the treasure of Montglane Abby told?
(a) April 4th
(b) February 2nd
(c) May 5th
(d) March 3rd
6. What sport did Charlemagne play frequently and even put a sign in reference to in the convent?
7. Who was it reported had given Charlemagne the gift of a special chess set?
(c) Arab prince
(d) Bishop of Autun
8. What would be the end result should Garin lose the wager Charlemagne and Garin have on the game?
(a) Loss of all asets
(c) Relegation to slave status
(d) Removal from the kingdom
This section contains 3,870 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)